Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Transitioning my family to RAW
Posted by: CindyML ()
Date: November 12, 2012 01:25PM

I have recently decided to slowly eat my way to eating all fruitarian and I want to include my family in this decision as well but I have a 22 month old and 6 year old and I have no clue how to help them transition and not become malnourished. How do I begin? I have been reading to do this slow and at first remove all meat and leave fish. Then remove dairy and so on. I am going to continue to do all the research I can but I want to know how other people transitioned. We also live paycheck to paycheck and need advice on where to purchase top notch fruits and veggies for a bargain and how to store them! Thank you so much for listening!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Transitioning my family to RAW
Posted by: bent ()
Date: May 18, 2013 10:58PM

Look in your yellow pages for produce distributors in your area. I buy oranges and bananas in 40 lbs boxes. Don't save too much buying bananas this way, but still some. But on oranges, I save a lot buying this way. You also might look for farmer's markets in your area. I see lots of savings on locally grown produce there. Most of the farmers aren't certified organic, but some of them use a growing style that is organic.

The only other thing I know is that kids typically need more fat than adults for optimal health. That's all I got.

God bless, and good luck! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 10:58PM by bent.

Re: Transitioning my family to RAW
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 23, 2013 03:08PM

yes, low fat is awesome, no fat is horrible. my family is 100% raw vegan. me, my partner and my 4 children all happy and very healthy. they need lots of greens or they will become malnourished. Ideally everyday they should have green smoothie with greens, lots of fruit and hemp seeds or flax seeds.lots of fruit is a great basis for a raw diet. then lots of greens in juice or smoothie form. feel free to private message me for info if you would like !!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables