Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Everyday Is a New Start
Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: February 12, 2013 06:30PM

Thank you for this day. Starting out right with my vitamins and I'm still working on my green smoothie here at work. Thursday I have a Dr.s appt. She is keeping an eye on my cholesterol. Being raw for a year, I no longer need my Synthroid for a sluggish Thyroid and Pristique for depression. I don't want to take cholesterol meds. I've worked so hard for where I'm at. My starting weight was 205 and now I'm 149. Go Raw!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everyday Is a New Start
Posted by: Rayshak ()
Date: February 14, 2013 02:34AM

WOW! That's a lot of weight loss! I am not very creative so staying raw for a lifetime just seems boring to me. But the weight loss you've experienced is inspirational! I'm 5'3 and 155 right now so I'm wanting to loss a good 15 pounds and then maintain that. I have a solid frame so being smaller than 140 just doesn't seem like a weight I would be able to maintain now that I"m in my 30's.

Best to you

Date: February 15, 2013 10:01PM

Thanks, I know what you mean about creativity and it is really hard when I'm around others that eat what they want. 140 is a great goal and I think it will be easy for you to maintainsmiling smiley I want to get to my clinical ideal weight of 135 this year. No hurry right?

Date: February 15, 2013 10:10PM

I had my Dr.s appt yesterday and 4 months ago my LDL was 114 and she was looking at cholesterol meds for me. Here's to Raw! My LDL was 96! It's great to hear your Dr. say, "My work here is done"
My book of the month is Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barouin. I bought it because a friend of mine at work said they will open your eyes. There are two very life changing chapters in this book for me. Very informative, sad, and scary. Warning very graphic in the details.
Best wishes to everyonesmiling smiley Every day is a New Start.

Date: February 16, 2013 06:00AM

No rush, arawnut, no rush at all. I think my clinical weigh is in the high 120's but I'm just not going for that. I have NO desire to be that size and my hips won't allow me lol!

It is GREAT to see your wellness appointment went well. Amazing what living food can do for the mind, body, and spirit.

Date: February 16, 2013 10:04PM

Don't you feel like getting rid of the scale sometimes, Rayshak? A lot of the time I don't think the number is a true indicator of health but how we truely feel.

Date: February 17, 2013 12:28AM

OMG absolutely! I play rugby and at 5'3, 152lbs, I'm SMALL on the field. I am afraid that with this weight loss, I'm going to be losing muscle mass which I just can't afford to lose. I can only take some many hits from girls twice my size lol. I lost about 3 pounds in the 6 days I've done this which is great HOWEVER I wonder where the weight came from, you know? I haven't had a BM since I did a salt water enema on Tuesday (which I must say was close to being one of the worst decisions in my life. Terrible feeling...) so I know it wasn't expelled weight. Maybe water weight? Aww shucks who knows. I feel pretty good and I have noticed my sense of smell is stronger than usual. Like the lingering smell of the pot roast I made for the rugby team last night was almost sickening. It's like I smelled it on my bed linen, my jacket, my couch. It was really strange. Were your senses heightened any when you went raw initially?

Date: February 18, 2013 08:12PM

That is so cool that you play rugby! I mountain bike so my leg muscles are defined as well as my forearms. So, playing rugby,which is no sissy sport, and much more you will also get that effect. There is no way you will lose muscle mass because you are active. Your body is trying to get used to the raw lifestyle and when it kicks in, look out. Your BM will be regularsmiling smiley HaHa, you make me laugh. My senses are heightened still. I laugh because I'm the only girl in the house and nothing is worse than. What is that SMELL. The guys always blame the dog. There was a point though when I couldn't stand the smell of cooked hamburger.

Date: February 18, 2013 09:35PM

I finished reading the book "Skinny Bitches" this morning. Very straight forward and eye opening. Today I'm starting "Emotional Vampires" Dealing with People Who Drain You Dry. By Albert J. Bernstein, PH.D. Why am I going to read this? Because to be healthy and happy I need to not take life so seriously.As I was once told, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and how about "Just Let it Roll off." Easier said than done. Raw has helped me in so many ways. I no longer cry when I get upset or angry. And I do laugh more when things get rediculous.

Date: February 19, 2013 04:14AM

So it seems like we have similar athletic bodies. I appreciate your feedback even more because I'm really worried about getting enough in. Before going raw, I was trying to get between 100-140 grams of protein in each day because rugby season is in full swing but I knew I had put on 16 pounds since the last season so I started the year at 164 and I'm not 150 as of today and I confident the last 6 pounds came from these 8 days being a rawdie.

So glad my resistant BM will finally find some regularity outside of Correctol!!! WOO HOO! To @#$%& freely again will be such a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hahaha made you laugh!)

I want to check those books out because I think some of those same topics would do me well in this stage of my life. I started doing this raw/vegan thing for 21 days because at the time I had 21 days until my biospy of my breast to determine if I have breast cancer. I bet those books would be a great read for me while I want for the test and the subsequent results...

Date: February 22, 2013 08:21PM

Toooo Funny! OMG, once you @#$%* you'll be 10 lbs lighter!! I will be praying for you, you said your appt is on the 4th right?

Date: February 22, 2013 08:33PM

I feel great! Went through my closet last night and I got rid of some scrub pants. They were XL and were great for PJ pants in the summer. Wow, they were way to big to even sinch up with the draw string. Out they go!! Today I'm drinking a smoothie with
4 apples,
handfull of spinach,
handfull of artichokes,
2 bananas
1tbs spirulina powder.
3c water.
I'm almost done with it so I brought another 32oz smoothie with

lettuce,
cucumber,
artichokes,
1 banana and
strawberries.
water

Carrots for a snack.

I have no idea what I'm having tonight.

Date: February 23, 2013 05:02AM

Yes, the appt is the 4th! So ready to get this over with!!!!

So you make up big smoothies and drink them throughout the day, huh? Interesting. I may do that. I thought you "had" to drink them like right then but since yours are obviously really big, it makes sense to drink them throughout the day. I will be sure to start doing this. Did I mention I bought the hemp protein powder? Umm...I know what cows must taste when they eat grass because it's like it came STR8 from mother earth! WOWZERS! But I gotta sneak the protein in somewhere and since it's raw I reckon it's good for me.

Thanks for the love, hugs, and prayers and congrats of ditching the scrubs! what a great feeling!

Date: February 25, 2013 04:48PM

Hey Rayshak! I hope you are having a great day! I fill that blender up,lol. I drink a 32 oz smoothie for breakfast at 10am and I usually finish it about 1pm. Then I pull out another 32 ozer and sip on that throughout the rest of the day. A lot of the time I can't finish the second one. Today I brought carrots and brussels sprouts that I cut up this morning along with cut up melon to snack on. Tonight when I get home from work, I'll eat the stuffed mushrooms I put on the dehydrator this morning. Premade smoothies will last up to 3 days in the frig.

Date: February 26, 2013 10:16PM

Smoothie for breakfast was a combo of the leftover smoothies. Tastes great, I just don't remember what is in it.

Right now I'm eating the rest of the carrots from yesterday. Also, I'm eating spicy pistachios. Lemon water.
For snack I brought lots of green grapes. Yum!

The second smoothie I brought is 32 oz that I'll pull out later.
1/2 banana, because my son couldn't finish it, I told him to throw it in there.
bunch of parsley
1 fuji apple
1 pkg frozen mango pkg said 3 servings on the back
5 spears asparagus chopped small to help my blender
4 sm pieces avacado pit
2 Tbs ground flax seed

Taste test passedsmiling smiley

Date: February 27, 2013 11:44PM

Today was an easy day. I didn't have anything that had to be done and I already had a couple of smoothies in the Frig. Last Sat I made cheezy kale crackers, corn bread and sunburgers. I've been snacking all day.

I like days like this.

Date: February 28, 2013 04:00PM

I was really hungry this morning so for breakfast I ate some sunburgers topped with almond cheese and a slice of tomato and a can of Natural olives. I hope my package from nut.com comes today because I need to make some more cheezy kale crackers.

Now, I'm going to get the MTB out. I went out riding last Sunday and I was really slow on the uphills.

Weighed in today at 148.5 My goal is 140 by the end of March. It's really warming up so there should not be an excuse to not exercise. This was the first winter season for me on Raw and it has not been easy though on Raw I didn't gain any weight that was lost during bike season. This year I'll be looking for an upright stationary. Come on spring, I want to play in the sunsmiling smiley

Date: March 01, 2013 03:49AM

That's a good feeling to know you haven't gained your winter coat! I love winter for all of the soup and rich foods. You and I have similar weight goals so I suppose I need to get more like you and STICK WITH THIS! I know there's a lot to be said about the feeling of not being 'blah' after really heavy food or the churning that goes on in your belly when stuff can't digest and it just sits...and sits...and sits...then finally becomes a new layer of dimples on your maximus cheeks! UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 01, 2013 06:06PM

I think you are doing great Rayshak! After my bike ride yesterday, I went to BK and ordered the #2 double whopper with cheese, fries, lg coke. I got to were I crave something to the point I have to get it. The whopper was great and the coke, but the fries didn't taste good to me. I only ate 2 and threw the rest out. I put eating out on my calendar so I won't do it again for awhile. I didn't feel so good last night and when I got up I felt like crap. I don't know why I even bother anymore with fast food. Oh, I know it does taste great at the time and it's quick.
Anyway, everyday is a new start.

Date: March 01, 2013 10:33PM

My stomach is still upset. I did get a couple of smoothies down, I thought that would help and I ate some of my cheezy Kale crackers. Note to self. Please don't give in to the moments impulse craving because it will make me sick. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Date: March 02, 2013 01:21AM

Bless your heart! You sound like I did that night after a week of raw and I was craving coffee. Lord my whole world was out of wack. It was a strange feeling but my stomach would not settle. Maybe....JUST MAYBE a DOUBLE whopper was overboard LMAO! Now I'm no foodologist but uh....raw to THAT would shake anyone's core. Bless your bowels! Ok ok ok, I'll stop picking on you. That does sound awful and I hope you do get to doing better because I know that relapse feeling and it's awful. It's like a hangover. Maybe a few laxatives and more water. I read in one of my raw books that when we have those feelings that we are probably out of synch with eletrolytes and need to drink lots of water to conpensate for all the sodium and potassium that's flooded our system with the processed foods. Again, I'm not sure by maybe water and melons for a few days and lots of parsley if you can sneak it in for liver detoxing.

Date: March 02, 2013 08:37PM

Thanks!! And yes, it did feel like a hangover. Crazy huh? I have some coconut water powder, so I'll fix some of that tonight for the electolytes. LOL, love the caps on DOUBLE!

Date: March 04, 2013 04:00AM

yes boo, emphasis on DOUBLE!

Date: March 04, 2013 06:41PM

Yesterday I went to the local college with my family to sign my son up for Federal Aid and afterwards they took my to lunch. It has been ages since I've had lunch with my busy son. I love seafood and I ordered the fried seafood platter, which came with fries and slaw. The guys ate my fries and the memories of what was once my favorite food was no longer. I was disappointed that it didn't have any taste to me. The slaw was great. Oh well, one more food of many to check off my list. The trip was worth the time with my son. Oh, I almost forgot, both of them ordered water instead of sweet tea or the usual coke. This is a big step for them.

Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: March 04, 2013 08:23PM

We are intended to be healthy, lean and strong. Our body is intended to heal itself naturally. That's what happens when we eat living and raw foods and juices!
Juicing is the easiest way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition. Fresh juice requires minimal digestion, so all its nutritional goodness is assimilated quickly. When you juice, you actually have more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat. You're drinking NuDe (NUtrient DEnse) amounts of vitamins and minerals.
So to sum everything up...Living and Raw Foods and Juices will deliver more that you could imagine! They nourish, heal, rebuild, repair, satiate, balance and energize! This is one reason why weight just falls off. Every cell in your body gets the properly combine nutrients so they have everything they need!
Get your plant food going in your body today!
Please, join us, we start our 2 NuDe Reset Revolution Juicing Programs this coming Thursday, March 7, 2013!
Learn more at the following links and Sign Up through paypal.
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Beginner/Intermediate)
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Intermediate/Advance)
Recent Testimonials:
***Rich writes, "I did your 10 day reset and extended it for 8 more. I lost lost over 21lbs. and it's still off."
***"Kelly,
I just wanted to give you a update on my progress. Last Feb. when I started my first 10 day Juicing I weighed 294 lbs. Since then I have done it two more times, once in June and once in Oct.. The first time I lost 17 lbs. that gave me the energy to start running and working out.
Now get this!!!
I now weigh 236 Lbs. and feel great..
I credit the weight loss to the 10 day juice program because If I never did that I would have never got started. Thanks again for the GREAT start I got from your program..
I will keep in touch and thanks again,
Mike K
Kansas City Missouri."
***This email comes from one of our past participants...she has come a long way from the time she first wrote me! She embraced living and raw foods and truly is focused on her optimal health and well being-Way to go Joni!!!...
***I am doing it already as I've done it before with you. Day 4, feeling GREAT & dropped a few pounds. Love how easily it melts off & stays off with this plan. My primary motivation is optimum health-- the weight loss is an extra motivator. From last January when I started with Kelly to this January, I am a solid 15 pounds lighter.
THESE ARE REAL RESULTS:
Some of our last NuDe Juices Feast results: "19 pounds lost", "16 pounds lost", "14 pounds lost","12 pounds lost", "Healthy Normal Blood Pressure"-high blood pressure gone, "Achy Feeling in Body went away", "Clearer Thoughts", "Increased Energy", "Better Focus", "Best Sleep Ever", "Increased Positiveness", "Clearer Skin", "Glowing"-So Many People were told they looked younger and great! What a HUGE accomplishment in just 17 Days!

Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit with Love, Light and Health,
Kelly Vaccarelli
www.LivingFoodVillage.com
www.facebook.com/livingrawfoodvillage

Date: March 05, 2013 04:42PM

Not Interested!!! This thread is only for my myself and my raw friends. If there is anyone who is trying to get me to buy something, please do not waste your time here or mine!

Date: March 12, 2013 05:33PM

Back on schedule with Raw and Mountain biking so I'm very happy. Sunday I made chili for the guys and I'm not even craving it,though I think the bike ride helped me out with that.

Date: March 13, 2013 02:24AM

Well if you hadda made double whoppers then that may have been a different story.... winking smiley

I'm glad your neck of the woods is allowing for your biking adventures. I'm considering trail running but I know (well heard) it's more taxing on your joints than regular street running because of the varying terrain. I bet the shocks on your bike helps to keep some of the jolt off of your body which is good. I just don't have the booty to ride bikes. I mean granted I have a boo-tay with lots of cushion but no matter what kind of seat I ride, I always end up having a terribly sore rear. I hear you get use to it but umm...I'll pass. Spinning classes are great workouts though.

The weather will be in the 60's across my region in the south this week so I'm looking forward to getting out and soaking up some sun. We have a rugby tourney in Nashville next weekend so I need to get some weight work in since I was off all last week and part of the week before that. Felt sluggish tonight at practice.

But anywho, this is YOUR diary and not mine so I suppose I will just saw HOOAH TO RAW EATING AND AWESOME BIKING!

Date: March 15, 2013 06:01PM

I thought trial running would be better on your joints because you would be on softer ground vs. street. Biking is a lot better for the joints and some places I read said it's not good for you because your hunched over for a long period of time, blah,blah, blah. You'll never see a fat runner or biker. Go figure. My boo-tay killed me for two weeks! And then yes, the saddle doesn't bother me anymore. I do need to do some strength training for upper body, my upper back tires out after 2 hrs. Right now i'm just building back up to it. Also, if you take up mountain biking get a partner. Last year, i hit sand going fast downhill and i went down, it felt like someone slammed my body into the ground, my head slammed into a side bank. All i heard was a crack. thank god my lid took the brunt, there was a crack in it when i finally sat up. Respect God's dirt, it took me out!LOLsmiling smiley

Good luck at the tourney!

Date: March 15, 2013 07:03PM

So far so great with no back slides. My goal is to have plenty of dehydrated raw crackers on hand and i found that it is working great for me in the evenings. Crackers, my favorite is cheezy kale crackers fills me up and they taste great. Another dish i'm hooked on is, sunburgers topped with raw almond cheeze and sliced tomatoes. yum. My smoothie today has
1 bunch romain lettuce
4 fuji apple peeled
1 kumquat
handful of broccoli
2 scoops ground flaxseed
2 tbs hemp seeds
topped off the blender with frozen mango
3 c water

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables