Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

90 day juice fast for health and weight loss
Posted by: bent ()
Date: May 16, 2013 05:34AM

Tomorrow is hopefully day 1 of a 90 day juice fast. I'll be getting at least 1500 calories a day. I'd call it a juice feast instead of a juice fast, if I had the equipment to juice greens. My little oster blender doesn't have enough power to chew up greens, and my juicer is a cheap centrifugal juicer which cannot handle greens, no matter if I push them down with hard veg/fruit or not. My other juicer is for citrus only. It's the kind that looks like the hand juicer (the one that has a lid on a jar), but is motorized. I highly recommend it for citrus over a centrifugal juicer, as you can get more juice from it.

The juices I plan to use are orange juice and watermelon juice. Right now, it will have to be all orange juice, but they will be selling watermelon at the local farmer's markets soon. I'll have to wait for that, as the supermarket charges the same price for watermelon as they do for caviar. It ain't that damn good. Plus, I'm not sure yet if I will be able to tolerate the watermelon juice. If not, I will have to use pineapple, carrot, and apple juices.

In the near future, I may be able to afford a proper juicer for greens, or perhaps a powerful blender like the vitamix.

Anyways, this juice fast is mainly to improve my health as I have some nagging problems in that area. But it is also to lose weight. I have 80 lbs to release. I may not get it all gone on this fast, but if I can go for the whole 90 days, I will have gotten a lot of it gone.

I'll probably be posting pics and youtube videos of any progress. If I make it the whole 90 days, there ought to be at least some progress. lol

I welcome advice and constructive criticism.

sw: 205 lbs.
cw: 205 lbs.
gw: 125 lbs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 90 day juice fast for health and weight loss
Date: May 17, 2013 01:20AM

Day 1

So far, so good. Will add coffee enemas to routine this evening. 1-3 a day. I know from past experience that it can eliminate or greatly reduce detox symptoms.

Date: May 17, 2013 07:09PM

Day 2

Staying true.

I forgot how difficult it is to get used to coffee enemas. But with practice, it doesn't take long.

When 90 day juice fast is over, I will transition into 80-10-10, or Gerson Therapy diet. Not sure which yet, but probably 80-10-10.

Will post a before video to youtube in a couple days. I have to review the rules to see if I can post the link here. I will hold off posting the link to it though until I am done with the 90 days fast, as I don't want to jinx myself. (Counting my eggs before they hatch and so forth.)

My beginning weight was 205 lbs. I will weigh once a week I think, and post results. Any more frequent weighing than that, and it may drive me nuts.

Date: May 18, 2013 10:22PM

Day 3

1 gallon fresh orange juice.

Staying true. Not too difficult so far. Detox symptoms have not kicked in yet. Due to past experience, I believe this is due to the coffee enemas. I've been having 2 a day (1 morning 1 evening). Used 48 oz this morning because adjusting to them is difficult, and I will refrain from saying why. No need. :/ But in a past juice fast without coffee enemas, detox symptoms kicked in early. Certainly by the third day.

When there is a craving or hunger, I keep reminding myself it's all a choice in the moment. Whether to ruin the fast or stay on course. Luckily though, there hasn't been much temptation yet. Keeping my guard up as I can.

I send my juice either through two hand held sieves, or through a paint strainer bag. Whichever is handy. Don't want any pulp. Pulp makes the tummy grumble more.

Doing some spring cleaning today, and a little push-mowing maybe. Church tomorrow. Weigh in on day 7.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 10:25PM by bent.

Date: May 18, 2013 10:54PM

SMH. lol

As mean as it may be, I am content to watch people bump their butts. Truth is not so popular these days, especially without a spoonful of sugar. lol

Date: May 19, 2013 05:18PM

Day 4

Staying true.

1 gallon of orange juice for today.

Amazing energy yesterday evening! I flew through household chores, some spring cleaning as well, and when it was bedtime I was not tired. Took me a while to get to sleep because I had so much unspent energy. :-)

Yesterday evening, I also had enhanced sense of smell. It was more of an aggravation than anything else, as you clean dirty things during spring cleaning. Plus it made the cleaners smell more unpleasant. This morning, my sense of smell seems to be back to normal. I wonder how long it will last before it is enhanced again.

I've added apple cider vinegar to the routine. 1 tbsp in a glass of water 3 times a day. I doubt it will kill me, and it might actually do some good. Who knows.

Decided to keep it at 2 coffee enemas per day. Looks like I will start using 48-64 oz each session, at least until I can go the full 12 minutes. (Have to do 2 each time, because I can't go the full 12 minutes yet.)

Physical symptoms of detox still haven't hit, but I AM a little irritable from time to time. Not liking that, but it is tolerable.

Walking up stairs seemed a little easier yesterday. Got my curiosity going, so I decided to step on my scale. With similar clothing and the same shoes as my original weigh-in, the scale read 195 lbs. :-) Of course, the weight loss slows down. But I'm still smiling to get off to such a good start.

Also, last night before bed, I performed a series of complicated mathematical operations in my head. What I was doing, I have not been able to do for at least a couple of years.

So, energy is improving, burden seems lighter, I feel more up to working and chores, my attitude is better (but I do get a bit irritable from time to time since beginning the fast), less foggy, mind is able to work noticeably faster, and weight loss has begun.

Church this evening, hopefully. Trying to avoid going to the Baptist church, but it may be the only one I can find in town which has evening services. What the heck happened to evening services? So many churches used to have them when I was a kid, but at 41, I can't find many anymore that do. :-(

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2013 05:26PM by bent.

Date: May 20, 2013 07:10PM

Day 5

Staying true.

1 gallon of orange juice today. I am really hoping the farmer's market has watermelon tomorrow, but they probably won't. lol

Feeling good for the most part. Hunger comes and goes. Abdomen grumbles now and then, but not much. Didn't have much irritability yesterday. :-) Have avoided physical detox symptoms until now, but this morning I woke up with tender area under lower jaw (right, back). I figure it's a lymph node. Feels like a knot in there when I move it around with my thumb. Has happened plenty of times when not fasting and probably also on other juice fasts (can't remember now), but due to the timing, I would say this is because of the fast. It will go away in due time.

Yesterday evening, I used 48 oz for coffee enema because I can't do it all in one go. But immediately after all was done, there was a sensation of some gas and some fullness in my upper left quadrant. It lasted til I went to sleep. It was of a tiny bit of concern, as that is the area where the pancreas is. With me drinking 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar a day as well on this fast, I am on the watch for any sort of problem like that. But not a hint of pain manifested, so I figure all is well. I will simply keep the coffee at a maximum of 32 oz each session. If it doesn't do any further good, it at least staved off ugly detox symptoms this week.

May post a 'before' picture later if I can find a full length mirror somewhere today. Though, it's not really a 'before' picture, as I am already on day 5 and the scale says I have already lost a few lbs. :-)

I think it is essential to keep my guard up, and keep reminding myself to stay in the moment. It all comes down to a decision in the moment. Whether to continue on this path to success, or to throw it all away for the temporary satisfaction of ___________________. It is working so far. I think; I am trying to feel nothing. Feeling too much and thinking too little are the reasons I need to do this juice fast in the first place.

Steady on.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:51AM

THE END

Unfortunately, it seems I have parasites. Disgusting, I know. I had been raw in past, but fell off wagon and went back to cooked and junk food for some time, and the bad guys apparently invaded. Will switch to anti-parasite diet and go on cleanse before fasting again. Pineapple, carrot juice, raw pumpkin seeds, raw garlic, cayenne, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, food grade diatomaceous earth, wormwood/walnut hull tincture.

Anyways, I need to regroup and attack before fasting again, so it's off for now.

Peace.

Posted by: adlena ()
Date: July 18, 2013 10:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables