Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just starting out - advice and support is welcome!
Posted by: fig ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:00PM

I'm trying to change my diet to raw vegan, but I'm having some trouble since I don't know anyone who eats this way. I'm going to start a blog thread and maybe people will give me some advice or encouragement or get encouraged from reading my posts. I don't know.

I'm trying to eat this way for my health generally, but also for migraines specifically. If anyone has experience with eating raw vegan to help with migraines, please let me know! I'd love to hear more about it. I've been struggling with terrible migraines since October 2011. I've tried removing many things from my diet, I've tried eating particular ways, I've tried many kinds of pills with varying horrible side effects. I've gotten started eating raw vegan a couple different times over the past several weeks. I'll get going for about 5 days and then crash because of a stressful or busy day or some kind of social or family event.

I've realized that making this big of a change is going to require a lot work and planning and commitment. When I look up raw vegan online, there seems to be a whole world of things I don't understand, and that confuses me and intimidates me. Things about flushes and cleanses and fasts, juicing, dehydrating, blending, raw recipes, etc. When I do eat raw vegan for several days (pretty much just fruits, vegetables, and nuts) in a row I start to feel so much better, so I know this is the way to go for me. I have to really give it a try.

So I'm going to try and sort out this new way of eating and see what works. I'm going to try to update on here how it is working for my migraines and any ideas I find that work for me. I might post too much or not much at all, I'm not sure. But I feel like some handholding would be nice smiling smiley I'm doing this alone while continuing to prepare cooked and non-vegan food every day for my husband and children and my mother who lives with me. I'm trying to at least have something raw for them at each meal. If you suffer from migraines, please reply! I don't know anyone else with migraines either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just starting out - advice and support is welcome!
Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: June 07, 2013 06:09AM

First of all, kudos for being able to make a change even while everyone around you isn't on board.

Second, the best thing you can do for yourself, if you're like most people, is transition gradually to a new lifestyle change...makes it more likely to stick!

[fresherthanlife.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables