Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new. advice welcome!
Posted by: klaura ()
Date: June 09, 2013 06:57PM

Hey everyone

I started eating high raw about a month ago. I would go several days raw and then due to family outings had to cheat. I finally decided it was time to get in gear so I'm on day 11 of completely raw. I am planning on staying completely raw for 60 days to see the benefits.

The problems I am dealing with are being underweight (no matter how much SAD food I ate in the past) and having very red skin on my face...not acne, just red ruddy skin. The doctor told me this is just how white western european women age (I'm only 20 years old!!!) She told me that diet and stress have nothing to do with it and she said I must have gotten too much sun and these are just the genes I inherited. Mind you, the red skin appeared on my face only after I went off to college...a rather stressful time for me.

I also had one doctor tell me to eat extra ice cream to gain weight...

basically, I was thinking F U to the doctors and now I'm on my own path. I have started taking yoga along with the diet.

Anyway, any suggestions on how to balance my diet to be able to gain weight? Also, any information on similar experiences to being underweight or having rosacea/red skin would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks smiling smiley

L

Wait, one more thing. My family is not supportive of this at all. They have supported me in pretty much everything up until this so it's pretty upsetting. If anything it makes me more determined to prove them wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new. advice welcome!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:03PM

Do you have any raw books? I know some contain info on gaining weight. I think this lifestyle is good for regulating weight so you probably will find that place eventually.

Why share this with your family? It's so common that other people either will feel threatened or think it's not a good idea so it's best just to keep it to yourself. No need to draw attention to yourself while you are trying to accomplish a goal like that.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables