Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need help starting raw
Posted by: Rawryan2014 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 10:32PM

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am 24 years old and have been looking into eating a raw diet when i am out of the military May 2014. I have read about the huge health benefits that this diet give you and it just makes sense to me. The problem i am having is trying to figure out what to eat and how to make sure that i get all the nutrients i need. I have read failure stories where people didnt spread out their diet enough so they weren't feeling well on it and just gave up. I dont want to be one of those people. Right now i eat what every other American soldier eats. A diet consisting of pointless empty calories that dont give your body what it really needs. Any suggestions on what i can read or just personal experiences would be great. Thanks for all the help and i am really looking forward to changing my eating habits

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help starting raw
Date: November 10, 2013 10:24PM

Hey Ryan,

Thank You for your service. The best thing I've discovered is the potato french fry cutter. Every morning I start my day with eating a whole plate full of root vegetables cut with the french fry cutter. I find eating some soft veggies with the root vegs helps. Fruit can be a lot of sugar so I limit them somewhat.

As far as nutrition goes the free website caloriecountabout (dot com) is pretty accurate and it counts calories as well as nutrients and tells you if you are high or low on which nutrients.

The USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference
website has a lot of foods and counts almost every vitamin and nutrient. Click on "Start your search here". You'll find almost any food you're looking for.

Posted by: Healthy Girl ()
Date: December 03, 2013 03:16AM

Hello Rawryan,

When I started eating Raw Foods, I read many Raw Food books.

The one which helped me the most was "Raw Food Controversies" by Frederic Patenaude.
He writes about his long journey to find the best Diet for himself. So he experienced a lot with the food he ate.
So he writes about which food gave him which effects on his body.

I enjoyed reading it, and also like the fact, that throughout his journey he developed himself and became a person who actually questions many sides of the Raw Food Diet.
So it helped me that I didn't just start eating everything what is raw, but better question what kind of raw food are actually improving my health.

Furthermore he also wrote about important related health topics. For example the dental health seemed to be a big problem for him an many other Raw foodist he met.
Very interesting!
Here is a link for more information about Dental Health being on the Raw Food diet. [GoodbyeDentalDamage.myinstapage.com]

I hoped I could help you with my answer!
If you need more book advice I'm happy to help you more! smiling smiley

Posted by: jony789 ()
Date: October 12, 2014 08:31AM

I enjoyed reading it, and also like the fact, that throughout his journey he developed himself and became a person who actually questions many sides of the Raw Food Diet.
So it helped me that I didn't just start eating everything what is raw, but better question what kind of raw food are actually improving my health.

Mohsin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables