Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 01:16PM

This morning I woke up with my right eye swollen – the upper lid and the area under the eye. I don’t know what caused this, maybe detox or lack of sleep, though I did sleep from 1 am to 9 am and then stayed in bed until 2 pm, just relaxing.

I still need to get more sleep. The other evening I went to bed at 9 pm and after midnight I felt like I couldn't sleep anymore, but I stayed in bed and fell asleep.

I read an article saying that our ancestors used to have sequential sleep, especially back then when there was no electric light. They went to bed at 8 pm and then woke up past midnight, did some chores at candlelight, then went back to sleep until morning.

I'm not sure this is true, but I did experience something like this many times, when I just woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I didn't need to sleep anymore as I felt ok, then I spent some time reading on the internet and after that I was ready to go back to sleep.

As you noticed, I started writing the menu from the previous day in the following day, as I can write the whole complete menu for the day before (and not write it in two separate posts as a sequel, in case I post the menu for the day and then have some more food).

So...my yesterday's menu:

December 1:

- (12:40 pm) 300 g white grapes
- (1:10 pm) 10 clementines
- (2 pm) 3 bananas
- (4 pm) 2 bananas
- (4:30 pm) 10 clementines
- (8:30 pm) salad: 1 small head of green leaf lettuce, 1 long cucumber, 6 tomatoes, 1 small green bell pepper
- (11:30 pm) 700 g white grapes
- (1 am) 2 very small bananas

Looks like there was lettuce in the supermarket after all, smaller than in the veggie market but it was delicious.

When I’m writing “white grapes” I’m talking about those large ripe light green grapes. I should probably call them “green grapes” but here they are normally referred to as “white grapes”, as opposed to the dark blue/red ones, which here are called “black grapes”.
It is similar to watermelon here being called “green melon” (as the outer rind is green) or “red melon” (since the inner part is red). And like the cantaloupe or honeydew melon, which here are called “yellow melon”, as the inner part is light/dark yellow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 03, 2013 02:10PM

I was thinking that I like grazing better than having just 3 large meals / day. I feel better and lighter if I just eat small quantities every two hours or even every hour, and it gives me the boost and the energy and that nice feeling of eating something sweet and nourishing.

My menu:

December 2:

- (8:50 am) 300 g white grapes
- (10 am) 6 clementines
- (11:30 am) 2 very small bananas
- (12:30 pm) 6 clementines
- (2:10 pm) salad: 1 small head of green leaf lettuce, 1 long cucumber, 6 tomatoes, 1 small green bell pepper
- (4 pm) 2 very small bananas
- (7 pm) 200 g white grapes
- (8 pm) 200 g white grapes
- (9 pm) 200 g white grapes

I was reading about sodium in veggies and noticed that 1 lettuce head has 101 mg sodium. Also one large tomato has 54 mg of sodium, 1 long cucumber has 9 mg, 1 bell pepper has 6 mg of sodium. So maybe this is the cause of my eye swelling.

In the evening I was feeling light headed and kinda cold. I was attending church service in the afternoon (me and 3-4 other persons are reading prayers together with our priest in the afternoons) and on the way to and from church the weather was so cold and a huge freezing wind blowing. I still felt like freezing after coming home and the whole evening.

I check my daily menu with Chronometer and I usually have around 1400 - 1600 cals / day. Sometimes I get close or very close to 2000 cals / day, but that’s a rare event. I know the cals are not accurate as everyone has different digestion and different absorbtion of nutrients and cals, but it helps me as a reference point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 04, 2013 01:59PM

I was thinking about the reactions I got here in Romania because of my raw vegan lifestyle.

My husband told me that I should have animal protein and that if he had just fruits and veggies for just a day, he would be starving.
My mother and my sister bought me a great food chopper as a present and they were delighted with the recipes I made (I posted pics on Facebook so they gradually get accustomed to my new lifestyle).
My brother and his wife gave me a raw vegan recipe book as a present, written by a great raw vegan Romanian chef and I was so happy about this book.

Several people on a Romanian forum (not a raw vegan one) told me that I shouldn’t move on to raw vegan diet because it’s impossible to be put into practice. They also told me that I need my protein, that I eat too many fruits and that I have no healthy fats in my diet.

There was one person on the Romanian forum who helped me a lot with great advice. He is a vegan, he eats both raw and cooked, lots of green smoothies, sprouts and seeds. His wife is also a vegan and they try to feed their two children vegan food too. He influenced me in a good way and helped me move faster towards raw veganism. He was a great source of inspiration for me as a vegan and then in my first days as a raw vegan, and he wishes that by next year he will be all raw vegan also – he was the only vegan person on that forum before I came along and registered on the forum, and then we kinda made a team as opposed to the others eating animal products. It was fun…

My menu:

December 3:

- (11:25 am) 4 very small bananas
- (12:40 pm) 5 clementines
- (1:35 pm) 3 very small bananas
- (2:30 pm) 150 g white grapes
- (6:30 pm) large salad: 1 large head of green leaf lettuce, 1 long cucumber, 17 small oval tomatoes, 2 green bell peppers
- (9:30 pm) 10 clementines
- (11:30 pm) 2 very small bananas

I always eat the tomatoes without their skin, I peel them because I don’t like the taste of the skin and I don’t digest it very well. I think that peeled tomatoes are tastier and easier to digest.

Date: December 04, 2013 10:04PM

My menu:

December 4:

- (10:45 am) 1 small Romanian red apple
- (11 am) 100 g white grapes
- (11:15 am) 1 clementine, 1orange
- (11:40 am) 1 small banana
- (13:30 pm) 10 clementines
- (3 pm) 2 very small bananas
- (4 pm) 3 very small bananas
- (7:15 pm) very large salad: 1 large head of green leaf lettuce, 1 long cucumber, 18 small oval tomatoes, 2 green bell peppers, lots of fresh dill
- (10:35 pm) 50 g white grapes
- (10:45 pm) 8 clementines
- (11:35 pm) 3 very small bananas

I posted today the menu for today since at this moment I have no more fruits to eat and it’s already too late to eat anything (here it’s 0:02 am so it’s past midnight - and I’m not hungry anyway).

Date: December 06, 2013 10:55AM

My yesterday’s menu:

December 5:

- (11:30 am) 1 clementine
- (12 pm) 1 small banana
- (13:30 pm) large salad: the outer leaves of 1 large head of green leaf lettuce, 1 long cucumber, 17 small oval tomatoes, 1 green bell pepper
- (3:30 pm) salad: the inner tender leaves of 1 large head of green leaf lettuce, 7 small oval tomatoes, 1 large green bell pepper, 2 large red bell peppers
- (5:30 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (7:30 pm) 2 small bananas
- (10:30 pm) 1 small orange

Date: December 07, 2013 10:41AM

I was thinking about my experience with eating at restaurants as a raw vegan. A thing I noticed is that almost all restaurants offer a poor range of raw fresh salads – they are mostly very tiny salads, with a limited variety of veggies (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers and onion), while the freshness is not what it should be. I happened to order such salad and I got ok tomatoes but old cucumbers and only few stripes of bell pepper. Usually, the salads are so tiny that once I had to order two salads (a tomato salad and a tomato and cucumber salad) (and I remember that the waiter told me that both salads have tomatoes, meaning why not get only one).

I did have good experiences though. One great restaurant which I enjoyed a lot had very good raw fresh salads, and I liked the fact that there was no dressing or spice added – just plain chopped veggies. Back then I ordered a tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and onion salad, and a white cabbage, carrot and zucchini salad (for which I asked for fresh lemon, which I got). Unfortunately, back then I was eatingh black diet (light) olives (no salt, no oil) and sadly I ignored the fact that they were not raw and they were cured in lye and dyed black artificially. So I was eating black olives next to those beautiful salads, which was not good.

I also ate from a morning Swedish buffet when I was staying in a great hotel with my family for few days. The buffet was also great in that they put a variety of food for breakfast and brunch, and I managed to have lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and the decoration made from strips of bell peppers (but I also added black olives). It was ok that they were refilling the plates with tomatoes and cucumbers, and all the other people were not that much fans of veggies – so more for me.

What I didn’t like about eating at a restaurant was that I couldn’t eat as much as I’d like. Even if the price was not a problem (salads were not expensive and my parents were paying for me anyways), I was kinda thinking that my family would say I was eating too much if I were to eat like 3-4 salads at one meal. I also didn’t want them to pay too much for my food, because 3-4 salads would mean more money though. So I had to stay just with 1-2 salads and wait until my next meal. I was having fruits in between though, which was ok. But also I couldn’t eat too much fruit, since I was thinking that they would say why I eat so much…

Another problem when travelling was finding fresh fruits and veggies. Since they were eating cooked and not vegan, I was the only one worrying about that. When we went to this great hotel, I brought food with me from home so I had what to eat in between meals (I liked to enjoy my meal late in the evening on the room balcony, while looking at the mountains). Also one time we went to the veggie market and my mother bought me great tomatoes and cherries.

Some other time we went in a remote village in the countryside and the town was like 2 hours away. But we took trips to the town almost daily and I got raw food for me. There was also a little village store there and I got beautiful ripe bananas (and cheap). The village had a great and expensive restaurant though (it was more like a village retreat – there were old village cottages, renovated and rented by tourists), so we ate there one evening. My mother surprised me and ordered for me a huge raw vegan salad – it had arugula, basil, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, sprouts and decorated with raspberries (again no dressing, no spices). It was expensive but I was so happy that the chef knew to actually prepare a great raw vegan salad. It was a lovely surprise and a very pleasant meal.

Every time I had to eat out I also relied on freshly squeezed juice – my fav of all time was orange, grapefruit, apple and carrot juice. It was expensive too, but it kept me going throughout the day. I knew that juice releases sugar into blood very quickly (because no fiber to slow it down), but it was something I had to drink and also enjoyed.

My yesterday’s menu:

December 5:

- (8:10 am) 1 small banana
- (8:40 am) 1 small orange
- (12:15 pm) 4 small bananas
- (1 pm) 1 orange
- (1:30 pm) 4 small bananas
- (3:30 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (8:30 pm) 16 clementines
- (10:40 pm) 1 very small banana

Since the very cold winter here in Romania, I noticed I tend to eat more – like this menu has 1700 cals, as opposed to the usual 1200-1400 cals. I feel I need to eat more in order to keep me warm – though not eating more food at one meal, but rather grazing more often during the day.

Date: December 07, 2013 02:50PM

P.S. I just noticed now that I wrote December 5 instead of December 6.
So that was the menu from December 6, not December 5.
So sorry for that smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 07, 2013 10:41PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was thinking about my experience with eating at
> restaurants as a raw vegan. A thing I noticed is
> that almost all restaurants offer a poor range of
> raw fresh salads – they are mostly very tiny
> salads, with a limited variety of veggies
> (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers and onion),
> while the freshness is not what it should be. I
> happened to order such salad and I got ok tomatoes
> but old cucumbers and only few stripes of bell
> pepper. Usually, the salads are so tiny that once
> I had to order two salads (a tomato salad and a
> tomato and cucumber salad) (and I remember that
> the waiter told me that both salads have tomatoes,
> meaning why not get only one).
>
> I did have good experiences though. One great
> restaurant which I enjoyed a lot had very good raw
> fresh salads, and I liked the fact that there was
> no dressing or spice added – just plain chopped
> veggies. Back then I ordered a tomato, cucumber,
> bell pepper and onion salad, and a white cabbage,
> carrot and zucchini salad (for which I asked for
> fresh lemon, which I got). Unfortunately, back
> then I was eatingh black diet (light) olives (no
> salt, no oil) and sadly I ignored the fact that
> they were not raw and they were cured in lye and
> dyed black artificially. So I was eating black
> olives next to those beautiful salads, which was
> not good.
>
> I also ate from a morning Swedish buffet when I
> was staying in a great hotel with my family for
> few days. The buffet was also great in that they
> put a variety of food for breakfast and brunch,
> and I managed to have lots of tomatoes, cucumbers
> and the decoration made from strips of bell
> peppers (but I also added black olives). It was ok
> that they were refilling the plates with tomatoes
> and cucumbers, and all the other people were not
> that much fans of veggies – so more for me.
>
> What I didn’t like about eating at a restaurant
> was that I couldn’t eat as much as I’d like.
> Even if the price was not a problem (salads were
> not expensive and my parents were paying for me
> anyways), I was kinda thinking that my family
> would say I was eating too much if I were to eat
> like 3-4 salads at one meal. I also didn’t want
> them to pay too much for my food, because 3-4
> salads would mean more money though. So I had to
> stay just with 1-2 salads and wait until my next
> meal. I was having fruits in between though, which
> was ok. But also I couldn’t eat too much fruit,
> since I was thinking that they would say why I eat
> so much…
>
> Another problem when travelling was finding fresh
> fruits and veggies. Since they were eating cooked
> and not vegan, I was the only one worrying about
> that. When we went to this great hotel, I brought
> food with me from home so I had what to eat in
> between meals (I liked to enjoy my meal late in
> the evening on the room balcony, while looking at
> the mountains). Also one time we went to the
> veggie market and my mother bought me great
> tomatoes and cherries.
>
> Some other time we went in a remote village in the
> countryside and the town was like 2 hours away.
> But we took trips to the town almost daily and I
> got raw food for me. There was also a little
> village store there and I got beautiful ripe
> bananas (and cheap). The village had a great and
> expensive restaurant though (it was more like a
> village retreat – there were old village
> cottages, renovated and rented by tourists), so we
> ate there one evening. My mother surprised me and
> ordered for me a huge raw vegan salad – it had
> arugula, basil, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell
> peppers, sprouts and decorated with raspberries
> (again no dressing, no spices). It was expensive
> but I was so happy that the chef knew to actually
> prepare a great raw vegan salad. It was a lovely
> surprise and a very pleasant meal.
>
> Every time I had to eat out I also relied on
> freshly squeezed juice – my fav of all time was
> orange, grapefruit, apple and carrot juice. It was
> expensive too, but it kept me going throughout the
> day. I knew that juice releases sugar into blood
> very quickly (because no fiber to slow it down),
> but it was something I had to drink and also
> enjoyed.
>
> My yesterday’s menu:
>
> December 5:
>
> - (8:10 am) 1 small banana
> - (8:40 am) 1 small orange
> - (12:15 pm) 4 small bananas
> - (1 pm) 1 orange
> - (1:30 pm) 4 small bananas
> - (3:30 pm) 1 kg white grapes
> - (8:30 pm) 16 clementines
> - (10:40 pm) 1 very small banana
>
> Since the very cold winter here in Romania, I
> noticed I tend to eat more – like this menu has
> 1700 cals, as opposed to the usual 1200-1400 cals.
> I feel I need to eat more in order to keep me warm
> – though not eating more food at one meal, but
> rather grazing more often during the day.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's not very many calories. Even 1700.

Date: December 08, 2013 11:49AM

Thank you, banana who, you're so right smiling smiley

I'm now starting to shift my perspective from what 1700 cals of raw vegan food mean, as opposed to the same cals coming from cooked food. I guess I'm still used to eat little cals (just like I did when I was eating cooked), but I'm slowly changing my way of thinking and I'm reconsidering everything I previously knew about cals and such.

I actually feel great at like 1800 - 2000 cals coming from fresh raw sweet fruits and I keep being light and full of energy, not gaining weight or feeling stuffed.

I though sometimes need to try not eat too much since fruit is now kinda more expensive, and I don't have so much money to spend daily, but I will never let myself undereat because of this - I'd rather not buy other things than sacrifice my food.

Who knows, maybe in time I will be eating like 2000 cals+ of fresh raw sweet fruits and think this is the way it should be. I just need to take it slowly and always listen to my body. So far, my body is happy smiling smiley

Just out of curiousity, I checked on Chronometer how many cals has 1 kg of potatoes, and it said 1900 cals. If I were to eat raw'till 4 (Freelee's style), it would mean to eat my daily share of 1900 cals coming from fresh raw sweet fruits, and in the evening complete it with another 1900 cals coming from mash/steamed/baked potatoes. That would be like 3900 cals for the whole day...which I would deffinitely much rather get it all from raw vegan food, if I were to choose...Personnally, I think that all that fruit during the day doesn't mix very well with the cooked starch in potatoes in the evening.

My yesterday’s menu:

December 7:

- (10:25 am) 11 clementines
- (11:25 am) 2 very small bananas
- (12:40 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (3 pm) 2 very small bananas
- (4 pm) 2 very small bananas
- (5 pm) 1 small orange
- (9:15 pm) salad: 4 tomatoes, 2 small green bell peppers, lots of dill
- (10:50 pm) salad: 3 tomatoes, 3 small green bell peppers, lots of dill
- (11:30 pm) salad: 2 small green bell peppers, lots of dill
- (12:40 am) 3 very small bananas

In the afternoon up until the evening I spent some time in the center of the town with my husband, my brother, his wife and their beautiful baby girl. It was great, Christmas lights, huge Christmas tree in the town’s square, lots of sweets, other food too, but pretty cold, so on the way home I was craving dill salad (which was very yummy). I wanted small salads several times over the evening, rather than only one large salad as a single meal.

I just love dill. First time I fell in love with dill was last year while I was working in a cake and pastry shop and the pastry chef made cheese and dill donuts. The taste was great. I was using dill in my omelette and it reminded me of the cheese and dill in the donuts. Then when I went vegan I started putting dill in just about anything: mash potatoes, polenta, salads. Then as a raw vegan I enjoy dill just as much, but it is kinda dangerous to use it since it kinda reminds me of my mash potatoes…

Date: December 09, 2013 09:27AM

I finally saw celery stalks in a supermarket here, it’s kinda expensive, like $3 / kg, I wanted to buy, but I was not sure I like the taste. I read that those who are watching their sodium intake and have a low sodium diet should be careful when eating celery stalks. I also read that it’s among the highest in sodium. I wonder if it makes my eyes swallow. I don’t even know how it should taste like – I read it tastes like a watery veggie, and if not chosen right, it has a bitter taste. Still, I have no salt cravings so maybe I shouldn’t buy celery. Maybe if I eat celery, then it will trigger salt cravings...

Yesterday I read Dr. Doug Graham’s „Grain Damage” book (like 50 pages, very easy to read, it took me less than 2 hours and it was a pleasure to read it). It made me rethink any possible bread/potato/polenta craving I still might have left inside my mind. It talked about starch damage and the healthier alternative to it and it totally made sense. He was right when he said in a Youtube video that people wanting to start 80/10/10 diet should first read „Grain Damage”. I wish I read it first too – then it would’ve help me get rid of all my starch addictions (I felt at some point that I was addicted to my homemade bread and I had too strong cravings of potatoes and polenta at that time).

My yesterday’s menu:

December 8:

- (1:05 pm) 3 small bananas
- (2:15 pm) 900 g white grapes
- (3:15 pm) 2 small bananas
- (4:15 pm) 3 oranges
- (8:30 pm) 700 g white grapes
- (1 am) 2 very small bananas

Energy: 1833 cals
Calorie breakdown: 93.7% carbs / 3.9% proteins / 2.3% lipids

I just love the fact that when I’m eating only fresh raw sweet fruits, the calorie breakdown is like perfect and even going beyond 90/5/5 ratio. When I’m adding veggies/greens, I get more protein (it’s crazy – tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, lettuce, they all have so much protein…tell that to those eating animal products and they won’t believe it…).

Good news: my leather boots just broke yesterday so I’ll give them away today. Less leather to wear – I’m getting more and more uncomfortable at the thought of wearing animal leather. In fact, I decided to also give away my leather jacket and my leather gloves (they are in great shape). I have a leather purse which I intend to give to my family, I’m sure they will like it, it’s new. This leaves me with one pair of leather boots (my husband bought them for me this fall) which I guess I’ll still wear until they broke. But I do feel much better.

Date: December 09, 2013 10:10AM

I was thinking about my raw vegan life and my relationship with my husband. As he was used to my changes in diet back when I was back and forth raw / vegan, at first he thought it was just another phase I was going through regarding my eating habbits. Then he saw I was more and more into it, reading raw vegan recipe books and forum posts and all sorts of information about this lifestyle, about achieving health by following a raw vegan diet (especially connected to my health problem).

He kept telling me that I need animal products in order to be healthy and have energy and help heal my hip, my cartilage, my bones. I patiently kept telling him that it’s the other way around, that a raw vegan diet will help me thrive and improve my condition.

I never forced him into eating like me, as he was used to the fact that we didn’t share the same meal, since over the years I had almost always eaten different foods than him. When we started dating, we were eating the same things though, we were sharing French fries made by him (his favorite), he used to make for us stacks of pancakes, I used to make him chocolate birthday cakes and all sorts of sweets, make him fried eggs and fried sausages (I know, we didn’t eat healthy at that time, but we were like 17 (me) and 20 (him) when we met and we thought we should enjoy life – not to mention we were drinking beer while eating roasted peanuts, as this combination had a great taste).

Then I began to eat in my room because of his mother and her alcoholism and our eating paths just separated. I still enjoyed cooked food and I still prepared food for him when his mother wasn’t at home or when we were going to the seaside or visiting my family (my family is in another town, I moved to my husband’s home town).

When I started the raw vegan lifestyle, I kept trying new raw vegan recipes, mostly raw gourmet, but also different non-gourmet recipes like zucchini pasta and lovely salads. Sometimes I shared with him the recipes to see if he likes the taste, some other times he would come to me and ask me what I was eating and wanted to taste.

If he liked a certain recipe, he asked me to make some for him too. I was so happy.

What made me happier was that he started to eat more fruits and veggies. He is still a meat eater (he said he can’t live without it), he definitely eats cooked food, but he added so much more fruits and veggies…

We reached to the point where I’m kinda feeling threatened because he craves for my fruit and veggie stash and I feel at times that I have to defend my food. But since he is the one paying for it, I guess I let him have it and then he gets to buy me a new stash.

It is difficult though because it’s expensive for one person to eat raw vegan, not to mention raw vegan for two. But it’s kinda romantic to share fruits and veggies and I keep thinking that it’s for his health. Still, he smokes a lot (a package of cigarettes every two days) and I keep telling him that her should quit smoking as it interferes with his fruit intake (if he continues smoking, then fruits will have no positive effect on him).

I now feel responsible for his health and I’m even thinking to sometimes sacrifice my food so that he can have more fruits and veggies when there’s not enough money for both of us eating raw vegan. Like yesterday evening, I prepared some grapes for me and he wanted too, so I ate half of them and gave him the other half. He is so cute when he comes to me craving grapes (his favorite), he is like a child asking for a treat, and I can’t resist and I have to share my fruits with him. I’m thinking that if I refuse and not give him fruits, I will deprive him from eating healthy and I will be responsible for his health. Even if he is not eating raw vegan, he still has the right to be as healthy as possible and I must do my best, as a raw vegan wife.

I noticed that he has the famous “sweet tooth”. After eating his meat, he comes to me and asks for fruits. I tell him that he had his meat, he should be satisfied. He says he is not, and that he wants something sweet. I keep explaining him why he actually craves something sweet after eating his food and that fruits are designed for us in order to feel totally satisfied and not have other cravings. He keeps saying that it’s normal to want something sweet after a meal as it’s the tradition to have desserts. I hope one day he will understand everything.

Date: December 09, 2013 11:11AM

P.S. I forgot to add the 2 very small bananas I had at 10:30 pm (as I was watching a great Romanian talent show which lasted up until 1 am).

So for yesterday:

- energy: 1977 cals
- calorie breakdown: 93.7% carbs / 4% proteins / 2.4% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 09, 2013 11:27AM

Knowing that there are different opinions on following the raw vegan diet out there, I want to add that I follow this path not only because I like it so much and it makes me feel amazing, but also because I couldn’t eat cooked food (never animal foods though, never again - and also never ever restaurant cooked food) even if I wanted (not that I want), given the conditions in my home (me not having access to kitchen and my husband’s mother’s alcoholism and scandals).

I totally assume the negative consequences of the raw vegan lifestyle (if any) and I am the only one responsible for choosing this path. I will keep posting my daily notes and menu and I am confident that this is the right lifestyle for me to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 10, 2013 10:35AM

Yesterday when I ate the oranges I also ate the inner white skin (I read it's called the white pith of the orange) and the taste was ok (it wasn't the first time I did that, I kinda liked the taste in the past too). Still, I guess it was a mistake, as later on I was feeling bloated and stuffed and sick, like I couldn't eat anything. I couldn't sleep well the whole night, my stomach wasn't flat anymore, not even in the morning.

I searched on the internet and noticed that some say the white pith has highest concentration of flavonoids and vitamin C and it's good to eat, but others say that it has no nutritional value, a bland taste, that it only contains fiber and it's no good to eat it.

Now I'm thinking the second opinion is the correct one; if it only contains fiber, that fiber must've been clogging up in my stomach and making me feel stuffed (and I'm sure that fiber is not a good one, judging by my body's reaction).

My yesterday’s menu:

December 9:

- (11 am) 2 very small bananas
- (12:15 pm) 3 small oranges
- (2:15 pm) 2 bananas
- (4 pm) 3 small oranges
- (8:15 pm) 2 small bananas
- (9:15 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (11:30 pm) salad: 5 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber (100 gr), 2 green bell peppers

Energy: 1552 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.2% carbs / 5% proteins / 2.9% lipids

Today I woke up with my right eye swollen. I don’t know what caused this. Maybe the chemicals / toxins in the salad yesterday, since they were not organic and not in season, so they were grown kinda artificially. They were also almost tasteless, so I think I’m not going to have any of those until they are in season here. Also maybe it’s the sodium in them and I kinda need only sweet fruits. I just don’t have the answer to this.

This morning I gave away a leather skirt I forgot to mention and I also intend to give away another pair of leather gloves I had. I still have a pair of leather sport sandals, extremely comfortable, the only one pair of sandals actually, so I might just still hold on to them for now. But I’m on my way to never buy / wear any leather item.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 10:39AM by Ela2013.

Date: December 11, 2013 03:50PM

This morning I gave away that pair of leather gloves.

My yesterday’s menu:

December 10:

- (12:05 pm) 3 bananas
- (ora 1:05 pm) 1 Sweetie (300 g)
- (ora 1:15 pm) 2 small oranges
- (ora 2:15 pm) 2 bananas
- (ora 4 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (ora 9:10 pm) salad: 5 large tomatoes (800 gr), 1 long cucumber (280 gr), 1 small green bell pepper, 1 long green bell pepper (90 gr)
- (ora 10:30 pm) 2 bananas

The total for the day (without the Sweetie):

Energy: 1586 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.4% carbs / 5.3% proteins / 3.4% lipids

I ate Sweetie fruit for the first time (in the past I just had pomelo, which it is said to be similar). I read it’s called green grapefruit or Oroblanco Sweetie and it’s a combination of grapefruit and orange. To me it tasted just like white grapefruit.

This is what I found for Sweetie fruit, since Chronometer doesn’t have it:

Nutrition summary:

Calories: 229 / Fat 0.23g / Carbs 57.37g / Protein 4.51g

There are 229 calories in 1 medium Oroblanco Sweetie Grapefruit.
Calorie breakdown: 1% fat, 92% carbs, 7% protein.

In the evening I risked again with another salad, I just changed the source. This time, the salad was just excellent, the veggies tasted great.

Today I was feeling good the whole day, I got my flat stomach back. No more swollen eye – I noticed a little something that might be a little puffiness under my right eye though, maybe it’s still from yesterday’s swelling.

Date: December 12, 2013 12:27PM

My yesterday’s menu:

December 11:

- (1 pm) 5 bananas
- (5:05 pm) 5 bananas
- (10:30 pm) salad: 6 large tomatoes (900 gr), 1 long cucumber (300 gr), 1 long yellow pepper (90 gr)

Energy: 1051 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.5% carbs / 5.5% proteins / 4.1% lipids

The bananas were very filling, which was great. In the evening I craved my salad. I was in church until past noon so my first meal was late (but I was so happy for spending more time in the church, it’s there where I find my peace and strength). The bananas also made me drink more water, which was good too.

Just out of curiosity I weighed the peel from the 10 bananas - it was 676 g. I don’t know the weight of the 10 bananas with peel – I read that 12 bananas make 1 kg.

This menu made me realize that I could never go to “Banana Island” like they do on 30 Bananas a Day (eating only mono-meals of bananas for 10 or 30 days), without getting tired of eating bananas and never wanting to see them again.

The salad was great and filling, 2 of the 6 tomatoes were similar to heirloom tomatoes, which made them delicious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 12:30PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 13, 2013 09:59PM

My menu:

December 12:

- (9 am) 3 bananas
- (12:50 pm) 1 clementine
- (1:30 pm) 1.500 kg white grapes
- (4:15 pm) 3 bananas
- (ora 8:50 pm) salad: 5 large tomatoes (800 gr), 1 long cucumber (300 gr), 1 long yellow pepper (90 gr), 1 green pepper, 1 green onion, 1 celery stalk, fresh dill
- (11:30 pm) 4 bananas

Energy: 2014 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92% carbs / 4.8% proteins / 3.2% lipids

So yes, I bought celery stalks for the first time, after a thorough research on the internet.

I found a good deal in another supermarket here, 1 bunch of almost 700 g for like $1.5. It had a pleasant salty taste, it does taste salty indeed. My husband tasted a bit and said it’s not salty at all.

For my salad, I removed the fine strings along the stalk and I finely cut it in small slices. It also had a good watery crunchy taste, just like I read. I like it when what I read matches with the reality.

I was craving dill so earlier in the day I bought a bunch (the other day I wanted some too, but I didn’t have any).

I also craved onion, so the minute I saw this good looking/smelling green onions I knew I just had to buy a bunch also. It gave the salad a very mild, delicate onion taste, just that bit of spice I was looking for in my salads.

The evening salad turned out to be an explosion of taste – delicious, spicy, salty – all natural flavours.

The next day I felt great, only a very mild, delicate onion after taste in the morning, no stomach burning, no eye swelling because of the celery.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 10:09PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 14, 2013 12:21AM

Besides my social insurance according to my health problem, I also got a certificate of disability, which adds little bit of money to my monthly income. Not much, but enough to better support my raw vegan lifestyle. This is a good thing.

My menu:

December 13:

- (9 am) 1 orange (was small just like a clementine)
- (2:25 pm) 7 very small bananas (but deliciously ripe)
- (10:15 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 2 tomatoes, half a celery stalk, half a clove of garlic, fresh dill; the outer leaves of green leaf lettuce
- (ora 11:05 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 1 large tomato, half a celery stalk, half a clove of garlic, fresh dill; few inner leaves of green leaf lettuce; 2 small pieces of cucumber, half a green pepper
- (1:30 am) salad: few inner leaves of green leaf lettuce, 2 tomatoes, 1 green onion, 150 g cucumber, fresh dill, 1 and a half green pepper

Energy: 812.5 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86.3% carbs / 8.4% proteins / 5.3% lipids

I was in church in the morning until past noon, then spent several hours with my husband going to different places, then I went back to church where we decorated the Christmas tree. It was a wonderful feeling and the Christmas tree in our little wooden church turned out very beautiful.

The cauliflower puree was very good, after decorating the tree I came home very hungry and I prepared this delicious dinner. The combination of veggies was very tasty, the garlic had a very mild and delicate flavor as well.

I noticed that if I use a very small amount of onion/garlic, I get no stomach burning and no annoying after taste. The green onion (young, spring onion) doesn’t irritate my eyes.

Something strange happened though – in the morning I experienced severe itchiness of my right eye (it seems there is something about my right eye…), I am not sure what is the cause.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 12:24AM by Ela2013.

Date: December 14, 2013 11:36AM

I thought I share some of my raw vegan food pics – these are the first I uploaded on this site. They represent: salad with celery, salad with dill and spring onion, cauliflower puree - ingredients and the final form.

1. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/2ov2n5j[/url]
2. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/0wy1rbj[/url]
3. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/07luk4j[/url]
4. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/mh8bjnj[/url]
5. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/gh83xsj[/url]
6. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/f744efj[/url]
7. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/f744efj[/url]
8. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/ngkcovj[/url]
9. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/ma94vdj[/url]
10. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/10n3xvj[/url]
11. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/n98h65j[/url]
12. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/f5qrw9j[/url]
13. [ url]https://imageshack.com/i/0i51h3j[/url]

Date: December 14, 2013 11:44AM

I thought I share some of my raw vegan food pics – these are the first I uploaded on this site. They represent: salad with celery, salad with dill and spring onion, cauliflower puree - ingredients and the final form.

Just click on the first pic below and they are all there. I will post pics there when I have some new ones.

[imageshack.com]

Date: December 14, 2013 12:22PM

I just saw I posted twice. I am not good at posting links so I appologise for that.

Prana, when you have the time, please delete my previous post (the one I posted on December 14, 2013 at 06:36AM) (so that it doesn't take more space in this diary) - I would be so grateful to you.

Thank you so much and I am so sorry for double posting smiling smiley

Date: December 15, 2013 11:42AM

These days here in the main square in the center of the town there is a Christmas fair, with lots of food, sweets, Christmas carols.

But there is also a live slaughtering scene which made me said. Although they didn’t bring living pigs to slaugher right there in front of the audience, they did bring different parts of pig to show people how to prepare for Christmas feast.

It all made me sad, the different pig products shown there, and especially there were pig heads as decorations and also an entire pig with an apple in his mouth.

I felt like I witnessed the slaughtering of my friends the animals. And it was weird, I looked at things from a different perspective this year (though in the past I also felt sad and like not wanting to eat meat when I saw the slaughtered lambs for Easter in the market).

My menu:

December 14:

- (9:50 am) 3 very small bananas
- (10:50 am) 10 clementines
- (12:15 pm) 4 very small bananas
- (1:40 pm) 3 oranges (700 g with peel)
- (5:10 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 2 tomatoes, 1 celery stalk, half a clove of garlic, fresh dill; few cucumber sticks; 1 green pepper
- (6:10 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 1 large tomato, 4 celery stalks, half a clove of garlic plus another very small clove of garlic, fresh dill; little bit of cucumber; 1 green pepper
- (6:45 pm) salad: 2 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, 1 green pepper, fresh dill, 1 spring onion
- (8:25 pm) 10 clementines
- (9:25 pm) 7 clementines
- (22 pm) 2 very small oranges
- (11:05 pm) 2 very small bananas
- (0:30 am) 3 small oranges

Energy: 1736 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.7% carbs / 7.2% proteins / 4.1% lipids

Friday night I went to bed at like 3 am and in the morning I felt so very tired. Saturday was my relaxing day but I didn’t get much rest. I am spending most of Sunday in church so I hope I will be ok (so far it’s been wonderful).

P.S. I noticed I wrote in Romanian also (when I said "ora", which means "hour", so I appologise for that too) smiling smiley

Date: December 16, 2013 09:51AM

My menu:

December 15:

- (8:15 am) 2 very small bananas
- (12:50 pm) 3 small oranges
- (2:25 pm) 3 large bananas
- (4 pm) 3 large bananas
- (8:10 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 3 tomatoes, 1 spring onion, fresh dill; few cucumber sticks; 1 long yellow pepper
- (9:10 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 3 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, fresh dill; few cucumber sticks; half a long yellow pepper
- (9:40 pm – 10:10 pm) cauliflower puree: 150 g raw cauliflower, 3 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, fresh dill; half a long cucumber; half a long yellow pepper; 1 tomato

Energy: 1474 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.4% carbs / 7.6% proteins / 5.1% lipids

My husband bought me these beautiful large ripe bananas, this made me very happy. Finding ripe good bananas here this time of year is kinda difficult.

Yesterday evening, after eating all the cauliflower puree, I felt really full, like I couldn’t eat anything else. I didn’t like the after taste of garlic and onion this time (must be because I ate both onion and garlic in the same day and because of the 2 cloves instead of just one).

I kinda felt some stinging in my upper stomach (maybe because of garlic or cauliflower). I also felt kinda spacey, light headed, like on drugs…I’m thinking I don’t tolerate onion/garlic afterall.

So starting today I’m getting back to my sweet fruits.

More pics - see albums: "raw cauliflower puree with spring onion" and "this morning’s “breakfast in bed” smiling smiley

[imageshack.com]

Date: December 18, 2013 07:46PM

My husband bought me a surprise: a persimmon (or Kaki fruit). It was ripe, but I let it a bit more to be even more ripe. I heard it’s delicious, I hope I like it. I guess I’ll try it today or tomorrow.

My menu:

December 16:

- (10:40 am) 1 medium banana
- (11:35 am) 1 medium banana
- (12:25 pm) 1 medium banana
- (1:20 pm) 3 small oranges
- (2:20 pm) 1 large banana
- (3:40 pm) 2 medium oranges
- (4:20 pm) 1 large banana
- (7:40 pm – 8:30 pm) 1.3 kg white grapes
- (11 pm) 2 very small bananas

Energy: 1824 cals
Calorie breakdown: 93.4% carbs / 4.1% proteins / 2.4% lipids

December 17:

- (12:30 pm) 1.4 kg white grapes
- (2:15 pm) 2 small bananas
- (3:30 pm) 3 oranges
- (4:30 pm) little green juice (barley and parsley); 1 red beet sprout
- (8:30 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 2 tomatoes and 1 clove of garlic
- (10 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 3 tomatoes and 1 clove of garlic
- (11:15 pm) 3 very small bananas (just to change the garlic after taste – I wasn’t hungry)

Energy: 1934 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.4% carbs / 6.4% proteins / 3.2% lipids

According to Chronometer, the sprouted mature peas have 248 cal / 200 gr, but on the box it says 50 cal / 100 g.

December 18:

- (11:45 am) 2 very small bananas and 3 small bananas
- (1:45 pm) 2 small bananas
- (3 pm) 3 small oranges

Coming up:

- (10 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 2 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic and half a head of green leaf lettuce
- (11 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 3 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic and half a head of green leaf lettuce

Energy: 1211 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86.6% carbs / 9% proteins / 4.4% lipids

Yesterday I went to buy my sprouted mature peas from a local producer. It was a flat transformed into a real paradise for raw vegans. There were sprouting plants everywhere. In another room they were preparing the sprouts to be commercialized. It was so beautiful there. The lady taking care of things offered me little green juice (she drank little as well), then she showed me the red beet sprouts and gave me one to taste (she ate two). We talked some more. She told me they use mature dry peas for sprouting from a rural producer. She confirmed that frozen peas are blanched and thus dead. It was an amazing experience and it reminded me why and how much I love being a raw vegan.

Pics with sprouted mature peas: [imageshack.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 07:48PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 19, 2013 09:19PM

To my yesterday's sprouted mature peas I also added fresh dill – I forgot to mention.
The sprouted mature peas were good, the whole combination was tasty.

My menu:

December 19:

- (8:20 am) 2 small bananas and 1 very small banana
- (11:30 am) 3 small bananas
- (12:55 pm) 3 small oranges
- (1:50 pm) 1 small banana and 2 very small bananas
- (2:55 pm) 3 small oranges
- (9:15 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 3 tomatoes, half a clove of garlic, fresh dill and 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- (10 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 4 tomatoes, half a clove of garlic, fresh dill and 1 large head of green leaf lettuce

Energy: 1651 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86.3% carbs / 9% proteins / 4.7% lipids

The last two meals were very filling and tasty (I had like 1.4 kg tomatoes in total for the two meals).

I soaked the peas and they were softer, some of them even kept growing, which proved once more that they were still alive.

On my journey as a raw vegan I sprouted sunflower seeds. I was so happy because they were growing so fast and so beautiful, that I just couldn’t eat them as I felt sorry for them. Instead, I put them in flower pots and let them grow. I was talking to them as I was watering them and they were quite tall at some point, but eventually they died (I left on vacation to the seaside and when I came back they were all dead).

The nice lady I was talking to the other day told me that I shouldn’t be afraid to eat the sprouts or feel sorry for them. Instead, she told me I can thank them for feeding me. Which is what I did before eating the sprouted peas.

I tasted the persimmon today, I didn’t like it and I immediately remembered that I have tasted it before in the past and I also didn’t like it back then. My husband, however, enjoyed it, he said it's sweet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 09:23PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 20, 2013 07:55PM

Last meal yesterday included 1 more tomato, I forgot to mention it. There’s a supermarket here that brings in great tomatoes, I’m so happy about that.

My menu:

December 20:

- (8:45 am) 1 banana
- (12 pm) 1 apple
- (12:35 pm) 2 bananas
- (1:30 pm) 3 oranges
- (3 pm) 3 oranges
- (4:15 pm) 3 oranges
- (8:20 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 3 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, fresh dill and half a head of green leaf lettuce
- (8:40 pm) 100 g sprouted mature peas with 4 tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, fresh dill and half a head of green leaf lettuce

Energy: 1292 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86% carbs / 9.5% proteins / 4.5% lipids

Starting yesterday I have been experiencing some cold like symptoms, like sneezing and runny nose and feeling cold in my body. This morning I used a lot of napkins. Maybe it’s detox or real cold, as it is freezing out there (-5 degrees so far).

Date: December 22, 2013 11:35AM

On December 20 I also had 2 very small bananas at 11:20 pm – 144.2 cals / 92.8% carbs / 4.2% proteins / 3.1% lipids.

My yesterday’s menu:

December 21:

- (8:55 am) 1 small banana
- (12:35 pm) 1 Romanian red apple
- (12:45 pm) 1 clementine
- (12:55 pm) 3 small oranges
- (2 pm) 4 small oranges
- (3 pm) 3 small oranges
- (4:30 pm) 1 small banana
- (10:30 pm – 0 am) 200 g sprouted mature peas with 10 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, fresh dill and 2 large heads of green leaf lettuce

Energy: 1271 cals
Calorie breakdown: 84.1% carbs / 10.9% proteins / 5% lipids

The last meal was extremely filling but just as delicious (it took me a while to eat it).

This morning after church my friend took the leather jacket and a pair of leather gloves I prepared for her.
So my mission of using minimum leather articles is almost completed.

Date: December 22, 2013 09:53PM

My today’s menu:

December 22:

- (8:50 am) 1 very small banana
- (12:55 pm) 5 small bananas
- (2:20 pm) 3 small oranges
- (3:30 pm) 2 bananas
- (5:30 pm) 3 small oranges
- (8:30 pm) 1 small banana
- (9:45 pm) 600 g clementines
- (11:20 pm) 3 bananas

Energy: 1644 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.2% carbs / 4.9% proteins / 2.9% lipids

Date: December 25, 2013 05:09PM

My menu:

December 23:

- (11:30 am) 3 small bananas
- (1:15 pm) 3 small oranges
- (7 pm) 3 small oranges
- (8:30 pm) 2 small oranges
- (9:20 pm) 2 bananas
- (10:50 pm) 7 clementines

Energy: 939.4 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92% carbs / 5.3% proteins / 2.7% lipids

December 24:

- (12:25 pm) 5 small bananas
- (1:20 pm) 15 clementines
- (4 pm) salad: 7 tomatoes, fresh dill; 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- (6:50 pm) salad: 3 tomatoes, fresh dill
- (8:15 pm) 700 g white grapes
- (8:55 pm) 6 clementines
- (9:30 pm) 2 bananas

Energy: 1735 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.1% carbs / 6% proteins / 3.9% lipids

I wish you all Happy Holidays, may you all have peace and joy smiling smiley

Date: December 27, 2013 10:42PM

My menu:

December 25:

- (12:40 pm) 700 g white grapes
- (1:10 pm) 3 bananas
- (2:10 pm) 10 clementines
- (3:20 pm) 3 bananas
- (9:30 pm) 7 small oranges

Energy: 1509 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.9% carbs / 4.7% proteins / 2.5% lipids

December 26:

- (1 pm) 5 bananas
- (2:40 pm) 10 clementines and 2 small oranges
- (4 pm) 1 small banana
- (6 pm) 1 clementine
- (6:25 pm) 9 clementines
- (8:30 pm) 1 kg white grapes
- (10:10 pm) 1 small banana

Energy: 1737 cals
Calorie breakdown: 93.1% carbs / 4.3% proteins / 2.5% lipids

December 27:

- (1:45 pm) 19 clementines
- (3:10 pm) 3 bananas
- (10 pm – 11 pm) 300 g frozen sweet corn, 400 g frozen spinach, 350 g frozen green sweet peas, 700 g tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic

Energy: 1367 cals
Calorie breakdown: 82% carbs / 12.2% proteins / 5.8% lipids

Something interesting happened today. I was kinda bored of eating either oranges/clementines or bananas so I thought I buy some frozen veggies to bring in a change. Obviously, I chose frozen green peas and even some frozen spinach. I also wanted to try frozen sweet corn – here we call it “milky” corn, as it tastes just like sweet milk. Strange, I know…maybe it’s just like baby corn and it’s sweeter…

I liked the taste of sweet corn (I have never tried it before, hence my curiosity), it really tasted like sweet milk (I just can’t explain this taste), but at some point it got so sweet that I just couldn’t eat it anymore (the bag had 400 g, I just ate 300 g and the rest goes to pigeons tomorrow – there are lots of them close to church and I like to feed them). It also combined great with spinach and tomatoes – so the last meal was like a combination between all the ingredients. But then even the peas started to taste so sweet that I had to eat them with garlic to spice up the taste a little.

The reason for this last meal was also that I had an absolutely horrible day and I felt the need for comfort food – I thought that my fav frozen green peas would calm me. Instead, I was in for a big surprise: I discovered that I no longer like frozen green peas, or frozen spinach for that matter. Which is a good thing, now I can go back to my 100% raw vegan foods and start a 100% Raw Vegan New Year.

I am amazed at how my body works, telling me each time what it is or it is not good for me. I took this meal as a test and it showed me that I no longer like/crave the food that’s not so good for me anyway.

I have experienced a problem these days – swollen eyes, either the left or the right one. I am not sure what causes this, so if any of you have a possible explanation, I would be so grateful to read it.

First time it was the right eye (I have eaten tomatoes, lettuce and dill and I thought they were the cause – the sodium in them). Then it was the left eye, and this time it happened right after I ate some white grapes. At least this is what I can think of. I am not eating organic as it’s way too expensive (like $3 for 1 long cucumber – as a comparison, I can buy 3 kg of conventional oranges with $3) so I’m thinking it’s the pesticides in grapes, as well as in tomatoes and/or lettuce.

Another cause might be something in them that I’m allergic to, or because when I ate the tomatoes I didn’t wash them, since I peeled them (I know, this was a huge mistake and it will never happen again, ever).

Both eyes were swollen in the “under eye area” and they were also very itchy.

Today I ate the clementines and after that I saw 2 small bumps under my right eye.

I just don’t know what to think about this. Before, when I ate all those fruits and veggies, I was just fine, no swollen eyes. Could it be because now my body is detoxing or becoming more sensitive to chemicals?

Please, if you have any idea, just feel free to share your opinion with me as I ran out of ideas…

Thank you so much smiling smiley

Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables