Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: April 03, 2014 06:59PM

Today I did more experimenting with food.

I made a kind of puree/soup out of radish leaves, dill and butter lettuce. It turned out very mild tasting, but some of the radish leaves and some dill stems were stingy so the blender couldn't chop them (and I couldn't chew either). I then strained the puree and I was left with a great green frothy juice.

After that I made my cauliflower puree with spring green onion. I also made a separate sauce of tomatoes, red bell pepper, dill and spring green onion. I eventually mixed the cauliflower and the sauce, it had a great color.

What I realized this evening after eating these meals:

- I'm no longer into greens other than mild tender ones like butter lettuce (like Harley said...get the tender greens like lettuce, celery, and don't force yourself to eat kale);

- I am now ready to remove any type of onion/garlic from my diet, my body just refused any of them this evening, as I couldn't finish the cauliflower puree (and not because it was too much, but because of the spring onion).

I noticed some side effects: I get headaches, bad breath, bad after taste, gas, my eyes hurt and I think (not sure of this so far) that my hip pain is more intense while eating spring onion/garlic.

I also feel like I'm eating something that I shouldn't, as they are not something to eat every day, still I can't just stop at 1-2 stalks of spring onion (maybe it's addictive).

Besides, every time I eat something with onion/garlic in it, I immediately crave something sweet - and I usually have dates, but not anymore...

Right now I feel I want to focus more on sweet fruits and sweet smoothies like the one I had today (my favorite: banana strawberry).

My menu:

April 03, 2014:

- (9:15 am) 3 oranges
- (11 am) 3 oranges
- (1:35 pm) 1.250 ml banana strawberry smoothie: 500 g frozen bananas, 250 g fresh strawberries, 500 ml sparkling water
- (3:30 pm) 1 l banana strawberry smoothie: 500 g frozen bananas, 200 g fresh strawberries, 500 ml sparkling water
- (5:30 pm) puree made of: radish leaves, dill, lemon juice, butter lettuce; then strained and it made a cup of green juice
- (8:30 pm) cauliflower puree: 300 g cauliflower, 3 tomatoes, lemon juice, spring green onions; next to 1 head of butter lettuce, half a long cucumber and a sauce made of: fresh dill, half a red bell pepper, lemon juice, spring green onions, 2 tomatoes

Energy: 1617 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88% carbs / 6.9% proteins / 5% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 05, 2014 09:52AM

In the past two nights I went to sleep very late.
First night I went to bed at 11 pm and I woke up at 3 am, and couldn’t sleep for the next 3 hours. My husband came home from France at 3 am so we stayed up talking (especially since I couldn’t sleep) until he felt sleepy. Then I went in the kitchen and prepared 2 large jars with the rest of the cauliflower and white cabbage to make pickles.
The batch of sauerkraut was done fermenting at room temperature, so I put the jar in the fridge.
Last night I went to bed at around 11:30 pm but it was an exception, since it was the first day of me and my husband getting together again, so we had a cosy time, he showed me pics from his trip (though he went there to work), we talked and stayed up on the internet.
But starting tonight I want to go back to my early sleeping routine, I definitely feel the difference – when I go to bed late at night, the next day I feel tired and sleep deprived and I can’t sleep late as much as try. So early night sleep it is.

On Monday I’ll be going back home to my native town to visit my family and especially my little 2 year old niece, and my husband is coming with me. So I’ll eat the sauerkraut until then, but I’ll save the cauliflower and cabbage jars in the fridge for when I come back after a week.
I’m glad I’m going to be with my family for a while and that my husband is coming with me. I’m also looking forward to see if I can get the proper and sufficient food while I’m there.

My menu:

April 04, 2014:

- (11 am) 3 oranges
- (1 pm) 3 oranges
- (4 pm) 5 oranges
- (11:20 pm) 1.6 l banana strawberry smoothie: 1100 g frozen bananas, 250 g fresh strawberries, 500 ml sparkling water

Energy: 1575 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.5% carbs / 5.3% proteins / 3.2% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 05, 2014 05:54PM

I forgot to say that on April 3, 2014 in the evening (11 pm) I made some banana ice cream (from 500 g frozen bananas) to diminish the spring onion after taste:

Energy: 445 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.8% carbs / 4.1% proteins / 3.1% lipids

Yesterday it was 1 year since I’ve been diagnosed with my hip condition.

My menu:

April 05, 2014:

- (9:50 am) 3 oranges
- (11:50 am) 7 oranges
- (4 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie: 1100 g frozen bananas, 250 g fresh strawberries, 500 ml sparkling water
- (7 pm) raw vegan homemade pickled cauliflower salad (pickled cauliflower, dill, tomato)
- (7:35 pm) raw vegan homemade sauerkraut salad (sauerkraut, dill, tomatoes)
- (8:30 pm) some more plain raw vegan homemade sauerkraut

Energy: 1693 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.6% carbs / 6% proteins / 3.4% lipids

The sauerkraut and the pickled cauliflower turned out great. I never made pickled cauliflower before, it is wonderful, still crunchy but with a sour flavour and taste, it gets a new meaning and it digests better.

The smoothie was the largest I made so far, it was delicious, sweet and pink smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 14, 2014 07:58PM

I’m finally back home from my trip to my family. There’s a lot to talk about, but long story short, it was boring and rainy and cold, I didn’t feel like eating there, my appetite was low, I had the same food everyday so I got tired of it. I also found out that my mom actually doesn’t agree with my raw vegan lifestyle like I got the impression from her words while chatting with her on Facebook and on the phone. In fact, she told me that she was very worried about my diet like I would die soon or something. Then I had to tell the truth about my diet to my grandmom too as she asked me about it and I couldn’t hide it anymore. So my grandmom also told me that she didn’t agree with my diet. So I got a lot of criticizing from both of them. And my husband wasn’t that supportive of me in front of them, as he didn’t agree with my diet either.

My brother and his wife bought me some raw vegan cakes, they all ate some and saved some for me, but I didn’t want to eat them as they were loaded with nuts (nut dough, nut cream). My mom criticized me for not eating them and for not eating healthy vegan fats like nuts and avocados and olives/olive oil.

I tried to explain to them about all these, but I had no results, it was like talking all by myself, so I will never talk to them about my diet nor post on my Facebook page like I used to. So from this perspective I wish I never left and visit them.

Other than that I was happy to spend some quality time with my 2 year old niece, we played a lot, we had a great time, we bonded again and at some point she told me “I love you” for the first time, she was in my arms and didn’t want to let go of me when I told her I had to leave. She is an amazing little girl and I love her immensely.

Also I went to the Patriarchal Cathedral and attended the morning and the afternoon service. I use to watch the service on Tv, but it was amazing to actually be there and hear and see it all live.

So overall it was ok, except all the critics and the awkward moments with my mom and my grandmom.
I reached to the conclusion that I would never go visit my family again, at least not to stay for more that 1 day. It would be better for them to visit me in the mountain town, it would be more fun.

But…I ruined my early sleep schedule. I went to bed late at around 11 pm and 12 am, I couldn’t sleep a lot so I stayed awake in the bed listening to music, I felt sleep deprived and extremely tired, the pain in my leg was more intense.

Now that I’m back home I want to rest a lot, sleep a lot, drink more water and try stay away from the frozen green peas cravings that are haunting me right now…

Oh…and another week without shampoo - never told this to my family, they would go like … what????

My menu:

April 06, 2014:

- (4:50 am) 3 oranges
- (6:40 pm) the tender leaves of 1 head of butter lettuce
- (7 pm) the sour water from the sauerkraut, 1 tomato
- (7:40 pm) 4 tomatoes
- (10:10 pm) banana strawberry ice cream (300 g frozen bananas and 150 g fresh strawberries)

Energy: 551.8 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.5% carbs / 6,9% proteins / 4.6% lipids

April 07, 2014:

- (2:30 am) 1 tomato, 3 frozen strawberries
- (2:50 am) 5 oranges
- (5:10 am) 2 oranges
- (7:40 am) 3 bananas
- (8:45 am) 2 bananas
- (11:30 am) 4 bananas
- (3:30 pm) the tender leaves of 1 head of butter lettuce, 10 large cherry tomatoes, 3/4 long cucumber, 1 sweet red pepper
- (9:45 pm) 7 oranges

Energy: 1555 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.8% carbs / 6% proteins / 3.2% lipids

April 08, 2014:

- (5:45 am) 9 oranges
- (11 am) half a long cucumber, 10 large cherry tomatoes, 3/4 red bell pepper
- (6 pm) 4 bananas
- (0:30 am) 1 long Romanian cucumber, 1 large Bulgarian tomato (similar to large heirloom tomatoes), 2/3 red bell pepper, 4 tomatoes, 1 butter lettuce

Energy: 1061 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86.9% carbs / 8.3% proteins / 4.8% lipids

April 09, 2014:

- (6:55 am) 11 Romanian strawberries
- (8 am) 10 oranges
- (10:30 am) 1 small Romanian cucumber (similar to pickling cucumbers), half a long Romanian cucumber, 1 large Bulgarian tomato (similar to heirloom tomatoes), 1 red-green bell pepper, 8 tomatoes
- (5:30 pm) 10 oranges
- (9:30 pm) 1/2 red bell pepper, 6 small cherry tomatoes, some long cucumber, 1 piece of raw kohlrabi (first time I tasted this, it was good, like a mild tender red radish)

Energy: 1190 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.1% carbs / 8.1% proteins / 3.9% lipids

April 10, 2014:

- (10 am) 10 oranges
- (1 pm) 1 strip of red bell pepper, 3 small cherry tomatoes, 2 slices of long cucumber
- (2:30 pm) banana strawberry ice cream (4 frozen bananas and 700 g fresh Romanian strawberries
- (5 pm) 6 oranges
- (11 pm) 1 large cherry tomato, 1 large Bulgarian tomato (similar to heirloom tomato), 1 red bell pepper, 1 long Romanian cucumber

Energy: 1454 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.1% carbs / 6.9% proteins / 4% lipids

April 11, 2014:

- (10:50 am) 6 oranges
- (2:50 pm) 1/3 head of butter lettuce, 1 large Bulgarian tomato (similar to heirloom tomato), half a red bell pepper, 1 long cucumber
- (11 pm) 1 large Bulgarian tomato (similar to heirloom tomato), half a red bell pepper, 1 long cucumber

Energy: 514.6 cals
Calorie breakdown: 83.3% carbs / 10.7% proteins / 6% lipids

April 12, 2014:

- (7 am) 7 oranges
- (2 pm) 6 oranges
- (5 pm) 5 oranges

Energy: 812.2 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.1% carbs / 6.7% proteins / 2.1% lipids

April 13, 2014:

- (6:30 am) 3 oranges
- (4 pm) salad: the tender leaves of 1 head of butter lettuce, 5 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 1 red bell pepper, 5 small red radishes (I ate half of this salad)
- (11:55 pm) the other half of this salad, I added 3 large cherry tomatoes and 1 stalk of spring green onion (I had to add the onion, otherwise I wouldn’t feel like finishing the salad)

Energy: 336 cals
Calorie breakdown: 81.6% carbs / 11.6% proteins / 6.8% lipids

April 14, 2014:

- (11:30 am) 4 oranges
- (12:45 pm) 3 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, half a red bell pepper
- (3:10 pm) 3 bananas
- (5 pm) 3 bananas
- (8 pm) raw vegan, homemade, salt free sauerkraut (from the jars I put in the fridge before I left for my trip)
- (8:15 pm) 2 bananas

Energy: 934.2 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.7% carbs / 6.3% proteins / 3.9% lipids

Date: April 16, 2014 10:02AM

My menu:

On April 14, 2014 I also ate 3 stalks of spring green onion with the pickles.

April 15, 2014:

- (2:30 pm) 1.6 l banana OJ smoothie (350 g frozen bananas and 700 ml OJ) (I used 8 oranges, I ate the pulp separately)
- (4:30 pm) 1.5 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 350 g frozen bananas and 5 frozen strawberries) (I froze them before I left for my trip)
- (9:50 pm) salad: 500 g raw vegan, homemade, salt free pickled cauliflower (the last one, I need to make a new batch), 6 tomatoes, 4 stalks of spring green onion (I said I wouldn’t eat onion anymore, but this time it was so good)

Energy: 1250 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.7% carbs / 7.2% proteins / 4% lipids

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 10:04AM by Ela2013.

Date: April 16, 2014 07:37PM

My menu:

April 16, 2014:

- (2 pm) 2 l banana strawberry OJ smoothie (400 g frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries and 700 ml OJ) (I used 7 oranges, I ate the pulp separately) (I froze the strawberries before I left for my trip)
- (4 pm) 2.5 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 650 g frozen bananas and 10 fresh strawberries)
- (8:40 pm) the juice from the raw vegan, homemade, salt free pickled cauliflower and sauerkraut (1.5 l), 4 tomatoes
- (9:45 pm) 1 banana

Energy: 1439 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.6% carbs / 5.1% proteins / 3.3% lipids

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 07:38PM by Ela2013.

Date: April 22, 2014 07:35PM

I had a great Easter time, I spent most of the time in church and shopping for my food. I switched my focus to veggies and I feel I neglected my sweet fruits. I miss my banana strawberry smoothies.

My menu:

April 17, 2014:

- (2:20 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (700 g frozen bananas, 30 fresh strawberries, 500 ml sparkling water)
- (5:20 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 700 g frozen bananas and 20 fresh strawberries)
- (11:20 pm) salad: 1 long cucumber, 3 stalks of spring green onion, 4 tomatoes
- (0 am) 1 banana

Energy: 1439 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.6% carbs / 5.1% proteins / 3.3% lipids

18.04.2014:

- (4:30 pm) 7 oranges
- (4:40 pm) 3 bananas
- (11:20 pm) salad: 1 long cucumber, 3 spring green onions, 1 kg tomatoes

Energy: 806.3 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.9% carbs / 7.6% proteins / 4.5% lipids

19.04.2014:

- (1:45 pm) 3 bananas and 1 strawberry
- (4:45 pm) 2 oranges
- (7:30 pm) 1.6 kg watermelon
- (9:15 pm) 1 pickled cucumber (salt free raw vegan homemade)
- (9:30 pm) few raw champignon mushroom slices

Energy: 677.4 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.1% carbs / 6.2% proteins / 3.7% lipids

20.04.2014:

- (5 am) 4 bananas
- (3:30 pm) 10 raw vegan homemade salt free pickled cucumbers with dill, 200 g raw white cabbage with dill, 3 champignon mushrooms with dill, 7 tomatoes
- (6 pm) 400 g red grapes
- (10 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (7 fresh bananas and 40 strawberries)

Energy: 1612 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.7% carbs / 6% proteins / 4.3% lipids

21.04.2014:

- (4 pm) 7 oranges
- (5:30 pm) 4 bananas
- (11 pm) salad: 1 and 1/2 long cucumber, 3 short cucumbers, dill, 4 spring green onions, 13 tomatoes, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1/3 red bell pepper, half a green bell pepper, 50 g raw cauliflower, 250 g pleurotus mushrooms, 3 champignon mushrooms, few tender butter leaves (I only ate half of this meal)
- (11:30 pm) 1 banana

Energy: 995.2 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.4% carbs / 8.4% proteins / 4.2% lipids

I experienced more with pickles - I made pickled cucumbers which turned out great, similar to the traditional ones; I made pickled champignon mushroom, they also turned out great. I also ate raw champignon mushrooms, I liked them a lot, simple, not soaked in anything, they taste like grilled chicken breast...weird, but they are good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 22, 2014 08:53PM

My menu:

April 22, 2014:

- (2:30 pm) the rest of yesterday’s meal from 11 pm
- (7 pm) salad: 1 long cucumber, 2 stalks of spring green garlic, 4 spring green onions, 10 tomatoes, 1/3 red bell pepper, 50 g raw cauliflower, 7 champignon mushroom, few tender butter leaves
- (8:30 pm) 600 g red grapes
- (11 pm) 1 orange
- (11:20 pm) 4 bananas

Energy: 1233 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.1% carbs / 8% proteins / 5% lipids

Date: April 24, 2014 10:39AM

Yesterday I had a weird day. I tasted some of the pickled cauliflower and it tasted very stingy, like a stingy radish (that type of “hot” stingy strong taste, similar to horseradish – which I absolutely dislike). So I ate like half the jar then I just had to throw it. I suddenly disliked all the pickles, so I tasted some sauerkraut and some pickled mushroom and I threw the rest of them too. They were ok, not stingy, but I felt I just couldn’t stand any pickles. I regretted this at the end of the day, because maybe the next day my appetite for pickles would come back, but it was done and that was it. Then I ate some raw mushrooms which were perfect, I had some tomatoes which were not that good, and I didn’t finish the whole meal so I threw that too (was not that much though). I just wanted my sweet fruits which I have been neglected badly in the past week.
So I felt like having some sweet dates and maybe a datorade. I went to the supermarket to get my fresh Rotab dates, but when I arrived I saw these beautiful spotty ready to eat large bananas and I couldn’t help it – I had to get them. So I ended up with 9 bags of ripe bananas, I ate 4 while in the supermarket, they were incredibly sweet and soft and nice, pure banana nectar. I talked to my husband and he came there to help me carry home the banana treasure. I also got 2 boxes of dates. While there I ate 5 dates, but I was happy to realize that I no longer liked unsoaked dates, they tasted too dry and sweet to me (though they were the same type I used to buy not long ago). So I ate unsoaked dates yesterday, but starting today I will only use them soaked in smoothies.
So there I was, happy, back to my smoothies. The first one I made was banana OJ strawberry. Boy how bad I missed my smoothies.Today I made banana OJ and soaked dates – it is so creamy and delicious, I’m having it right now.

What I notice in my case is that it's best to buy only small quantities at one time, because I tend to change my mind and my preferences very quickly. Also to buy even smaller quantities when trying something new, because I'm not sure if I like that food. And, finally, preparing small batches of pickles or of salads, smoothies, etc., smaller meals in generals, as I can change my mind and not want to eat the whole meal. I am so weird and twisted, I know...but I need to live with myself just the way it is

My menu:

April 23, 2014:

- (3 pm) 500 g pickled cauliflower, 50 g sauerkraut, 1 piece of a pickled champignon mushroom (homemade raw vegan salt free), 5 tomatoes, 7 raw champignon mushrooms, 1/3 long cucumber, 3 spring green onions, 1 cherry tomato
- (5:40 pm) 4 bananas
- (6 pm) 5 dates
- (8 pm) 5 dates
- (11:45 pm) 2.2 l smoothie: 30 fresh strawberries, 700 g frozen bananas, 700 ml OJ (I used 9 oranges)
- (0:20 am) 1/2 red bell pepper, 8 cornichon cucumbers (small cucumbers), 3 spring green onions, 3/4 green bell pepper, few tender butter lettuce leaves
- (0:40 am) 3 dates

Energy: 2210 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.2% carbs / 6.8% proteins / 4% lipids

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 10:47AM by Ela2013.

Date: April 24, 2014 08:13PM

My banana adventure - episode no. 2

This afternoon I went to another supermarket looking for my fav mushrooms (I was in the area with some other business and this supermarket was close). So I entered the store and I saw this amazing pile of ripe spotty ready to eat bananas at half price (quick sale)! So I thought "forgot the mushrooms" and started to put bananas in my cart (they were already weighed and the real price was half the price posted on each bag). There were like 3 large carts full of ripe bananas. Not all of them were nice spotty looking, there were also some with black stripes and kinda mushy, but most of them were perfect large ripe ones. My dilemma was that I couldn't carry them all home, as I filled my cart with bananas. So I asked the cashier if I could pay for them and come later with my husband to get them home. He said it was ok so I paid and left them there. I came back by myself (my husband told me to call him if I needed him) with my travel troller and my backpack. They all fit perfectly in my troller and backpack so I brought them home safe.

Btw, this time I couldn't get away that easy with all this bananas. This supermarket is smaller that the yesterday's one so I drove almost anyone's attention with my banana loaded cart (especially since it was a smaller cart on wheels, and the wheels were screeching and thus kinda noisy). What I noticed was that in the case of discount bananas, they actually got the customers' attention so people were actually buying ripe bananas. One man thought I was working there (as I was arranging my selection of bananas in my cart) and asked me if "we" still have discount bananas (I guess he knew about this already). A lady wanted to pick bananas from my cart, so I directed her to the other banana carts available. The guardian asked me if I bought the bananas for a children shelter. I said "no" and that I wanted to freeze them and make ice cream and drinks. He looked very understanding to me, he even gave me advice on how I can fit better all those bananas in my troller and backpack. So things are cool.

When and if ever I have my own home (with my husband of course), I want to have my own freezer for bananas, fruits, green peas (to buy when they are in season and freeze them). I think bananas are in season somewhere, as here we get like flooded with tons of ripe bananas once summer is close.

My husband saw the pile of bananas I bought today. He said: "you are not normal". I was like "I am not normal, I'm raw vegan".

From another supermarket I bought some great tomatoes (I knew they have sweet good tomatoes there, it's my fav store) and some mushrooms (brown and white large champignon). I notice they are a real tasty neutral snack for me, no strong flavor. I eat them plain just like that from the box, but also with dill and sweet tomatoes. I craved mushrooms the whole day today, for some reason...I wonder why...

My menu:

April 24, 2014:

- (11:10 am) 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/3 green bell pepper
- (11:45 pm) 1.6 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 700 g frozen bananas, 500 ml OJ (I used 6 oranges)
- (10:35 pm) 8 large raw brown champignon mushrooms, 7 large raw white champignon mushrooms with lots of dill, 7 tomatoes with lots of dill, few tender butter lettuce leaves
- (10:55 pm) 2 bananas

Energy: 1722 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90% carbs / 6.5% proteins / 3.5% lipids

Date: April 26, 2014 11:57AM

Thursday night I was in a living nightmare. At about an hour after I ate those mushrooms I started to sneeze a lot and my nose was watery and runny. I thought I was detoxing from the green onion. Then I got hot flushes, my cheeks were red and like burning, I thought it was PMS (as I have rather painful PMS, with headaches, breast pain and hot flushes). Then I got cold and dizzy. I went to bed at 0:30 am, but I woke up suddenly at 2 am wanting to throw up (I actually felt the need to throw up as I was still sleeping, like in a weird dream). So I rushed to the bathroom and threw up lots of mushroom pieces. Surprisingly, I didn't feel better afterwards, the need to throw up was still there.

I went back to bed, I tried breathe and fall asleep, but I was very cold and shivering. After a while I went to the bathroom and threw up some more mushrooms, this time little pieces. Again, I didn't feel better afterwards. I started thinking that I didn't like any raw vegan food anymore, nothing looked appealing to me in that moment, I thought about cooked food and animal food, like I was craving some salami sandwiches, but the thought of animal food looked grose to me. Then I panicked at the thought of my banana pile, thinking that I won't be able to eat them, feeling the way I was. I even questioned me being a raw vegan and wondered if it wouldn't be more convenient to include some cooked food.

I started to freeze most of my bananas and I managed to squeeze them in the freezer (I was afraid they wouldn't fit in and I even thought of buying a freezer for me the next day). While handling my bananas I felt like throwing up for the third time. I threw up again but no food this time, just mucus and saliva. I finally kinda felt better after this and I felt like it was the last throwing up. The whole experience was painful and scary and grose, my throat was hurting and like burning everytime I threw up, the whole experience just made me feel sick. I don't know how could purging be a repeated and willful experience for certain people wishing to lose weight or just binging out and feeling guilty afterwards.

It all started after I searched on the internet about eating raw mushrooms and the dominant advice was not to eat them raw. They mentioned the way mushrooms are sprayed and absorbing all the chemicals like a sponge and also about the chemicals and fertilisers used (like cow piss and horse manure). That was so grose that made me regret eating them. Then my husband told me I should've washed/peel them (which I never did and I'm guilty for this) and also that I ate too many (true again). He even told me that the people growing the mushrooms contaminate them with their bacteria as they are spitting on the mushrooms and that they even pee on them because they have no time to go to the toilet. This really put me off. I thought of buying some frozen peas again as they are the only food appealing to me (beside my smoothies). And also live off smoothies for a while, even for good. I managed to sleep from 5 am to 9 am, my throat was painful.

[hedgerowharvest.wordpress.com]

[www.prevention.com]...

[articles.mercola.com]

[nutritionfacts.org]

[www.food-info.net]

I will definitely never eat mushrooms ever again, I just can't erase from my mind the image of mushrooms loaded with chemicals and all sorts of garbage. I also can't get past what happened thursday night so whenever I think of / see mushrooms I feel sick. I ate 8 large brown button mushrooms and 7 large white button mushrooms, at the time they didn't seem that many to me, they were so light and I didn't feel I ate enough until towards the end. I also enjoyed eating them, and they combined great with tomatoes and dill. My mistake was that I didn't buy organic ones (though I didn't see organic mushrooms here), that I didn't wash/peel them, that I didn't chew them properly. This is my current mistake, especially on the raw vegan lifestyle: raw fruits/veggies need to be very well chewed. I have the tendency to enjoy my food so much that I neglect chewing properly.

That's why smoothies are so convenient, they are like almost chewed and I just need to chew them a bit more, to not rush and to take the time to really enjoy them. So my main focus will be on smoothies and some sort of light salad in the evening - like last evening when I had tomato and green onion puree (well, I made it in the food processor and it was still a bit chunky and I liked that) with some frozen green peas, to add a nice touch.

And when in season, I'll definitely enjoy summer/fall fruits but make sure I really chew them...even watermelon needs to be well chewed...

Today I'm feeling better already, I survived the friday night with no more such adventures, I had a good sleep and this morning I had my banana strawberry soaked dates smoothie.

I am taking baby steps from now on and setting short term goals...taking things nice and slow…

My menu:

April 25, 2014:

- (3 pm) 2 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the date water
- (9:15 pm) main meal: tomato puree (13 small tomatoes) (I made it in the food processor, it turned out chunky, very savory), 3 spring green onions, 200 gr frozen green peas
- (0:15 am) second main meal: tomato puree (7 small tomatoes) (the same procedure), 2 spring green onions, 200 gr frozen green peas

Energy: 1763 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87% carbs / 8.9% proteins / 4.2% lipids

Date: April 27, 2014 04:03PM

In my yesterday smoothie I also put 16 strawberries (I forgot to mention that).

My menu:

April 26, 2014:

- (1:30 pm) 2.5 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, 7 strawberries, the date water
- (4:10 pm) 3 Red Delicious apples
- (0:15 am) tomato puree (13 tomatoes), 6 spring green onions, 400 gr frozen green peas

Energy: 1894 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.7% carbs / 7.6% proteins / 3.6% lipids

Date: April 29, 2014 07:47AM

My menu:

April 27, 2014:

- (1:10 pm) 1 banana
- (5:30 pm) 3 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the juice from 7 oranges (700 ml), the date water, 4 Red Delicious apples (I only had 2.5 l of this smoothie – I had the rest of it the next day)
- (10:20 pm) main meal: tomato puree (10 small tomatoes), 1/3 long cucumber, 3 spring green onions, 200 gr frozen green peas
- (0:20 am) second main meal: tomato puree (10 small tomatoes), 1/3 long cucumber, 3 spring green onions, 200 gr frozen green peas

Energy: 2505 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.8% carbs / 7.5% proteins / 3.7% lipids

28.04.2014:

- (12:10 pm) 2 bananas
- (2:30 pm) 500 ml smoothie (from the previous day)
- (5:30 pm) 2 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the juice from 3 oranges and 2 small clementines (300 ml), the date water
- (6:30 pm) few butter lettuce leaves
- (8:40 pm) light spinach soup with tomatoes, cucumber and sweet green peas (a good handful of raw spinach, 10 small tomatoes; separately, 5 diced small tomatoes, 1/3 diced long cucumber, 150 g frozen sweet green peas)
- (9:40 pm) green peas with tomatoes (5 small tomatoes, 250 gr frozen sweet green peas)

Energy: 2050 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.2% carbs / 8.8% proteins / 4.1% lipids

Yesterday it was the first day without any onion of any kind. I will no longer eat onion (and no garlic either, though I discovered it was too strong for me). I know I said this before, but this time I'm determined to do this. I once again was proven that onion makes my hip pain worse, so I want to remove this pain intensifying factor from my diet. I read plenty of facts against onion/garlic anyway, so I think it's best for me to no longer have them.

I also got my first early night sleep last night, I finally went to bed earlier at 10:15 pm and managed to have a relaxing night sleep until 9:15 am (the phone rang and a friend asked me to translate something for her, otherwise I would've slept until 10:15 pm, that is 12 hrs straight). The difference is huge - I woke up feeling more relaxed and rested. I noticed that when going to bed late, like past midnight, I kept waking up at around 8 am no matter what, like I felt agitated and couldn't sleep any longer. But now I felt like sleeping more, feeling relaxed and ready to begin my day. I also want to like the taste of non sweet fruits/veggies/leafy greens for what they are, and not to make it better or to mask it by using onion/garlic/herbs.

Date: May 01, 2014 01:37PM

Up until yesterday I thought I was addicted to onion. After I said I would no longer eat onion, I still felt like something was missing in my salads. In the past 2 days I had raw spinach in various forms. I still had lots of spinach left so I thought I tried eating it with onion. I was even looking forward to having onion again, the spinach was more like a reason to eat onion again. But little did I know about what was about to happen to me because of the onion.
As soon as I ate onion again, it tasted incredibly strong to me and I felt like it burned my tongue. Also it made my lips so very red and burning and sore, like they were burned by the sun or by the harsh winter wind. But I kept eating it with my green smoothie, to cover the taste of greens (I discovered I no longer like green smoothies). After a while, I just couldn’t eat any green onion, it was so mature and strong and tough, no longer the mild sweet tender spring onion I had at the beginning of spring (I guess green onion is now tougher and stronger as its season is coming to the end). So I thought I tried some yellow onion, but it tasted strong too. Then I tried some red onion, but I didn’t like that either. So I finally finished almost all the smoothie (it was a 1.5 l smoothie, but I couldn’t fit in the last 250 ml).
So these are the onion side effects that I got after this killer meal: burning tongue; numbed tongue; very red, sore, burning lips; headache; dizziness; foggy mind; not being able to think straight; stomach pain; bad gas; bad smell; pain in my chest; pain in my back up to my chest level; difficulty in breathing; bad breath; bad after taste; hip pain in both legs; agitated, restless night sleep; insomnia. So these side effects look just like the side effects of some medication.
This really taught me a valuable lesson – onion definitely is not for me.
I have a huge sweet tooth – I am going to embrace it, celebrate it, love it…

My menu:

29.04.2014:

- (4:30 pm) 1.5 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 600 g frozen bananas, the juice from 1 orange and 5 large clementines (750 ml)
- (2:10 pm) choco ice cream (3 frozen bananas, 3 soaked dates, 1 heap teaspoon carob powder)
- (9:15 pm) light spinach puree with tomatoes, cucumber and sweet green peas (a good handful of raw spinach, 10 small tomatoes), next to 5 tomatoes, 1/3 diced long cucumber, 100 g frozen sweet green peas
- (10:15 pm) green peas with tomatoes (5 small tomatoes, 300 gr frozen sweet green peas)

Energy: 2257 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.9% carbs / 8.2% proteins / 3.9% lipids

30.04.2014:

- (1 pm) 1 banana
- (4:30 pm) 1.5 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 600 g frozen bananas, 3 heap teaspoons of carob powder, the date water and some sparkling water
- (7:45 pm) 1.25 l green smoothie: 500 ml sparkling water, 3 handfuls of raw spinach, 2 bunches of frozen dill, 3 tomatoes, next to 5 stalks of green onion, a bit of yellow onion and a bit of red onion
- (8 pm) 17 dates (unsoaked)
- (11:15 pm) green peas with tomatoes (6 tomatoes, 400 gr frozen sweet green peas)

Energy: 1992 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.7% carbs / 8.5% proteins / 3.8% lipids

I normally don't eat unsoaked dates anymore, but I had to eat something very sweet and goey after all that strong onion...

Date: May 02, 2014 10:50AM

My menu:

01.05.2014:

- (1:45 pm) 2 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the juice from 2 oranges and 2 large clementines (500 ml), 11 fresh strawberries
- (4:25 pm) choco smoothie (750 g frozen bananas, 9 soaked dates, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder, the date water and some sparkling water)
- (11:15 pm) green peas with tomatoes and cucumber (3 tomatoes, 5 garden cucumbers, 400 g frozen sweet green peas)

Energy: 2087 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.1% carbs / 7.5% proteins / 3.4% lipids

Date: May 03, 2014 02:08PM

My menu:

02.05.2014:

- (1:30 pm) 2.1 l smoothie: 20 soaked Rotab dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the juice from 4 oranges and 1 large clementine (600 ml)
- (4:25 pm) 1.9 l choco smoothie (750 g frozen bananas, 9 soaked dates, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder, the date water and some sparkling water)
- (11:35 pm) green peas with tomatoes and cucumber (3 tomatoes, 8 garden cucumbers, 350 g frozen sweet green peas)

Energy: 2097 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.3% carbs / 7.3% proteins / 3.4% lipids

Date: May 04, 2014 05:21PM

My menu:

03.05.2014:

- (11 am) 9 soaked dates
- (1 pm) 2 l smoothie: 11 fresh strawberries, 400 g frozen bananas, 500 ml sparkling water
- (4 pm) 2 l light cocoa drink (350 g frozen bananas, 9 soaked dates, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder, the date water and some sparkling water, 10 fresh strawberries; halfway into the smoothie, I added 11 dates in it to soak, and I ate them in the end)
- (9:35 pm) cucumber spaghetti, tender butter lettuce leaves, tomato sauce, cucumber slices, tomato slices, frozen sweet green peas (7 tomatoes, 7 garden cucumbers, 350 g frozen sweet green peas, 100 g butter lettuce)
Energy: 1734 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.7% carbs / 7.9% proteins / 3.5% lipids

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 04, 2014 06:33PM

For your hip, you may benefit from:

-BioSil (powerful silica supplement)
-Astaxanthin
-Horsetail tea or extract
-Curcumin
-High-quality plant-based strontium
-Raw potato juice (wait two mins for starch to settle at bottom)
-MSM
-Plant sources of omega-3's (sprouted walnuts, hemp/chia/flax seeds)
-Vitamin D3
-Raw mangosteen powder
-Walking 30 mins to 1 hour everyday

Are you getting enough sunlight each day (D3)? D3 is crucial for bone health and you may need to supplement. From the looks of your daily menu, it looks like you could be deficient in omega-3's. Omega-3's are important for healthy, strong bones. Some foods with silica include bell peppers, leafy greens, horsetail, and beets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 06:36PM by jtprindl.

Date: May 04, 2014 08:06PM

My love affair with the frozen green peas ended abruptly today, this time for good. It all started this morning when I saw I no longer had a flat stomach. I also realized that I still had serious hip pain in both legs, I had slow digestion, cramps, some weird huge sharp pain on both sides of my waist, stomach pain, bad gas and bad smell, bloating and I was feeling heavy and slow, like having bricks in my stomach. Boy I never learn…I had a love and hate relationship with the frozen green peas, but that ended today. I won’t settle for anything less than feeling 100% amazing on a 100% raw vegan lifestyle…
So today after church and a quick trip to the market (I found some great ripe spotty bananas) I started my day with all the frozen green peas I still had in the freezer, then I wanted to end my day with the best choco smoothie so far (I’m enjoying it right now).
Tomorrow will be a new day…
Btw...I’m still recovering from the damage onion did to my lips – my lips are still affected and I got cold sores in different areas of my lips (one area at a time though).

My menu:

04.05.2014:

- (3 pm) 350 g frozen sweet green peas, 9 small tomatoes
- (5 pm) 350 g frozen sweet green peas, 9 small tomatoes
- (7 pm) 350 g frozen sweet green peas, 9 small tomatoes, 6 garden cucumbers
- (7:20 pm) 5 soaked dates
- (probably around or past 0 am – this is the time when I will finish the smoothie, I started drinking it at around 10:30 pm) 2.4 l choco smoothie (30 soaked dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the date water, 4 heap teaspoons carob powder)

Energy: 2671 cals
Calorie breakdown: 85.3% carbs / 10.9% proteins / 3.9% lipids

Date: May 04, 2014 08:18PM

Thank you so much, Jtprindl, for your helpful guidance, it's very thoughtful of you.
I used to take D3 and silica supplements, but I haven't since last year (I thought of horsetail at first, but then I thought taking silica was easier than making tea). I also used to eat raw walnuts, they were my fav nuts, then I stopped. I thought of buying MSM last year, but for some reason I didn't (I guess I kinda don't trust what they put in supplements - if that's really MSM powder or something else). I most times go for long walks in the sun, but I haven't in the past week since the pain got worse and I haven't been feeling well. I will sure try go out in the sun more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 04, 2014 09:18PM

Why did you stop eating raw walnuts? If you do decide to eat them again, try and find sprouted varieties, as this will reduce anti-nutrients which can bind to and leech minerals from the body, and also activates enzymes.

You would likely benefit by adding a rich source of plant-based omega-3's. Hemp seeds, for example are loaded with about 3 grams of ALA per 1/4 cup, and it's very easy to make hemp milk. Just blend 1/2 cup seeds with 16 oz. water, and if you want to sweeten it up, you can always add vanilla bean powder, lucuma, maca, or all of them together. Then just strain it with a nut milk bag. Delicious AND nutritious smiling smiley

Curcumin is a natural COX-2 inhibitor so it should relieve some of your pain, and so could the blue-green algae spirulina, because it's rich in phycocyanin (another COX-2 inhibitor). Thunder God extract is another one. MSM can reduce pain, stiffness, and improve overall bone/joint health, it breaks up the unhealthy calcium deposits and removes them from your body. Curcumin is fat-soluble. Another thing that may help (not as sure on this one) is passionflower, its flavonoid content can provide pain relief.

Strontium, silica, and magnesium are very important for overall bone health, strength, and regeneration.

Electromagnetic therapy and acupuncture may also be something you're interested in.

Some online raw food stores that sell high-quality products include:

longevitywarehouse.com
therawfoodworld.com
rawpower.com
[www.hippocratesstore.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 09:22PM by jtprindl.

Date: May 07, 2014 05:54PM

Today I finished up the dates and the carob powder I had (way too may dates, but I soaked them well, they turned into date syrup), as I felt like I needed to move on and to remove from my diet anything that wasn't helping me reach my goals long term. When I introduced into Cronometer my food intake for today, my heart jumped out of my chest: way too may calories for a day in which I basically layed in bed with a bit of pain watching Youtube videos (plus some laundry washing, vacuuming, dusting, scrubing the sink, cleaning the mirror). Lol...

My menu:

May 5, 2014:

- (1 pm) 1 orange
- (3 pm) 2.4 l choco smoothie (20 soaked dates, 800 g frozen bananas, the date water, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder)
- (8 pm) salad: 12 small garden cucumbers, 8 small tomatoes
- (10 pm) 20 soaked dates
- (11:30 pm) 20 soaked dates

Energy: 2203 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.9% carbs / 4.5% proteins / 2.7% lipids

May 6, 2014:

- (1:30 pm) 2.4 l choco smoothie (20 soaked dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the date water, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder)
- (6:3 pm) 3 red apples
- (3 pm) 2.4 l choco smoothie (20 soaked dates, 750 g frozen bananas, the date water, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder)

Energy: 2540 cals
Calorie breakdown: 94.1% carbs / 3.5% proteins / 2.4% lipids

May 7, 2014:

- (10 am) 2 unsoaked dates
- (11 am) 8 soaked dates
- (1:30 pm) 1.5 l choco datorade (50 soaked dates, 450 g frozen bananas, the date water, 2 heap teaspoons carob powder)
- (5:45 pm) 10 soaked dates
- (7:20 pm) 1.25 l choco datorade (50 soaked dates, 350 g frozen bananas, the date water, 3 heap teaspoons carob powder)

Energy: 3213 cals
Calorie breakdown: 95.2% carbs / 3.2% proteins / 1.6% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 07, 2014 06:13PM

Thank you again, Jtprindl, for taking the time to give me more guidance.

I stopped eating raw walnuts because my digestion became slow and I was feeling heavy, I had irritation on my face because of the fats and I couldn't eat the fruits I wanted because they would interfere with the fats. I find that I feel way better without overt fats, I feel light, energetic, I have fast digestion, I have a clear skin.

I recently saw MSM powder on an online health store, not the one in small bottles, but per kg, it should be raw and better than all the others, though kinda expensive.

I took Klamath Blue Green Algae supplement last year, but I heard that they are actually toxic or something...

I heard of curcumin benefits, I used to use turmeric for the same reasons. I must look more into all the others that you mentioned.

I'm afraid to do acupuncture, but I'm doing electromagnetic therapy every 3 months, and I notice improvements while I'm on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 06:18PM by Ela2013.

Date: May 07, 2014 09:03PM

"Thank you again, Jtprindl, for taking the time to give me more guidance."

You're welcome smiling smiley

The only thing else I would say is try and cut down on the dates, that's A LOT of fructose. Excessive fructose causes aging, feeds cancer cells, damages the liver, and impairs brain function. Bananas have a lot of fructose too but less than dates.

Date: May 09, 2014 09:43AM

Yesterday I had an amazing day in nature, just like I wanted. I woke up at 7:30 am because I had to make an important phone call. Then I couldn’t sleep so I prepared some documents and went to solve some important issues regarding my social insurance. Then I went shopping and found some more spotty bananas and strawberries. On the way home I stopped on a bench and ate 3 ripe bananas. I left the fruit at home, ate 1 more ripe banana, got my water bottle, put on my outdoor sandals and went hiking. I decided to give climbing our Mt. Tampa a go (it’s 960 m high). There are around 30 semi-circular walking paths through the woods that lead top the top of the mountain.

At the beginning of my hike I found a great tree branch on the ground and I adjusted it to help me while hiking. The climb was amazing, so beautiful, so easy and so rewarding. Unlike other times in the past, when I thought it was so hard to climb and I would complain about the long time it took to reach the top (well, I was on a standard diet and that contributed a lot), now, after my banana date day (the famous 300+ calories day) and after those 4 ripe sweet bananas, I was full of energy and so happy to actually climb the mountain. I looked at everything with different eyes, I took my time and watched the trees, the beautiful flowers, the cute birds. I even saw 3 tiny forest mice, they were adorable, like small hamsters, they had a short little tail, they were running on and under the leaves carpet. I then saw an woodpecker nest and there were lots of baby woodpeckers chirping and crying for food, then their mom came and brought them some food.

Everything was lovely, I really felt alive and connected with nature. I am so blessed to have this mountain here and it’s accessible and the view up there above the city is just amazing and breath taking. I timed my climb and it took me 1 hour and 26 minutes (on the indicator it says 1 hour and 30 minutes). On my way down I did 53 minutes. Up there I took some pics of myself (I need to download them to the laptop). I just couldn’t have enough of that view. I saw the electric cabin going down. I also met other people there, and we greeted even if we didn’t know each other. 6 men were climbing while running, one guy was climbing on his bike, there were some foreign tourists too. Back home I felt really tired and I got this incredible huge headache (I guess because I had little fruit, and that is what happens to me when I neglect my fruit). This morning I feel tired in all my body, I didn’t rested enough during night. But I do want to go there again, like at least once a week. I even saved my helping tree branch (I would call it stick but it’s thicker than a stick) and took it home with me for future hiking.

The food yesterday after hiking was ok, I liked it because I was hungry, but I’d rather had a banana smoothie instead as I was missing my ripe sweet bananas. The summer squash spaghetti were good, but definitely not my fav anymore, it was a test to see if I liked them, but I realized I no longer liked them in my diet. The cauliflower was kinda stingy again, like stingy hot radishes, so I won’t have that either again. The curly lettuce was kinda tough, not that tender as I thought, so I’ll avoid that too in the future. I guess that now I’m more into simple mild tender food like tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and maybe some butter lettuce.

Today is rest and relax day, I had some lemon juice earlier in the morning (I had 3 lemons I had to use) and then 5 oranges (they were not sweet or ripe, so I didn’t like them, but again I had to use them).
I’m gonna have a large banana strawberry smoothie later on and relax some more. Today I’m gonna receive an order from that organic homemade producer of soaps and shampoos and other cosmetics – I ordered 3 1 liter liquid soap bottles because I was offered a 20% discount (I will also get free shipping and a gift). That’s nice.

My menu:

May 8, 2014:

- (12:30 pm) 3 bananas
- (1 pm) 1 banana
- (10:50 pm) summer squash spaghetti with tomato sauce (2 summer squashes, 500 g tomatoes, half a green bell pepper, frozen dill, lemon juice), next to curly green leaf lettuce leaves, green bell pepper sticks, cucumber sticks and grape tomatoes
- (11:10 pm) cauliflower rice with tomato sauce (150 g raw cauliflower, 5 small tomatoes, half a green bell pepper, frozen dill, lemon juice), next to curly green leaf lettuce leaves, green bell pepper sticks, cucumber sticks and grape tomatoes

Energy: 705.7 cals
Calorie breakdown: 84.1% carbs / 9.3% proteins / 6.6% lipids

Date: May 09, 2014 09:49AM

Yes, Jtprindl, I totally agree with you. That day was an exception as I wanted to finish the dates that I had. Those were way too many dates, even if most of them were blended in those two smoothies. I especially wanted to finish them all so that I remove them of my diet for good. I love my bananas and I can't stay without my smoothies, but I can definitely live without dates. I was feeling guilty of eating dates and I was also worried for my teeth health. And I didn't like the fact that they brought way too many calories - for those calories I'd rather eat other fruits, like watermelon or just my bananas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 12, 2014 08:32AM

On May 9 afternoon I thought I give the cauliflower another try, so I took it out of the freezer and mixed it with tomatoes and lots of dill. It tasted quite ok, but then I left it a bit in the fridge. When I wanted to eat it, it was again stingy and hot like horseradish or any other radish lol. I guess it was like that because it was an imported cauliflower, very different from what we usually have here, it was a weird type and very hard, the stems and the leaves were particularly stingy and bitter. The same type of cauliflower I bought the last time when I wanted to pickle it, and it turned very stingy in the end too. I guess the more it sits, the more stingy it gets...or something...So I ate as much as I could, but the rest had to go away. More and more I feel the need to focus on sweet fruits.

A little update on my financial status. For the last 5 months I used my own back-up money to buy everything I needed (food and personal items). Unfortunately it all came to an end, I only have like $100 left, then I'll have to make it with just my monthly social insurance (which is around $110/month). I wish I didn't spend the money on trial/error meals involving veggies/greens and I should've just focused only on my pink smoothies, which I knew I liked them for sure. But I guess this was the path I needed to follow on my raw vegan journey to reach where I am now. So from now on I will only buy sweet fruits and eat whatever veggies/greens/non-sweet fruits will be available here in the house (but I won't buy those myself). Sweet fruits are the most satisfying and filling for me so I will spend my money on those. I hope I can still get to have 2 smoothies/day and/or summer fruits, and I definitely need to think of a way to make some money (considering the health condition). I talked to my husband to help me with the money, he said he had no more money because he invested it all in the car. But I hope we will make it work somehow eventually...

My menu:

May 9, 2014:

- (9:50 am) the juice of 3 lemons
- (10:10 am) 3 oranges
- (2:45 pm) 2.3 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 750 g frozen bananas, 7 fresh strawberries)
- (9 pm) cauliflower puree (300 g raw cauliflower, 1.5 kg small tomatoes, dill); next to cucumbers, 2 tomatoes, few grape tomatoes
- (10:30 pm) banana soft serve with strawberry topping (300 g frozen bananas, 4 fresh strawberries)
- (11:30 pm) banana soft serve (300 g frozen bananas)

Energy: 1900 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.2% carbs / 6.9% proteins / 4.9% lipids

May 10, 2014:

- (11 am) few tender iceberg lettuce leaves
- (12:20 pm) 1 kg small garden cucumbers, 2 tomatoes, 4 grape tomatoes, 2 green bell peppers, 1 large yellow bell pepper
- (2:50 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 750 g frozen bananas, 3 fresh strawberries)
- (7:20 pm) 2.1 l banana strawberry milk (500 ml sparkling water, 1 kg frozen bananas, 6 fresh strawberries)

Energy: 1833 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.3% carbs / 5.6% proteins / 4.1% lipids

May 11, 2014:

- (3:45 am) 200 g iceberg salad with frozen fill
- (12:30 pm) 2 bananas
- (1 pm) 200 g curly green leaf salad with frozen dill
- (2 pm) 4 oranges
- (4:10 pm) 2.4 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml sparkling water, 900 g frozen bananas, 10 fresh strawberries)
- (7:20 pm) 3 oranges
- (8:15 pm) 3 bananas
- (8:50 pm) 3 bananas

Energy: 2103 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.6% carbs / 5.3% proteins / 3.1% lipids

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 08:39AM by Ela2013.

Date: May 16, 2014 02:45PM

Ever since I had that banana ice cream, followed by some really cold smoothies, I've been experiencing flu-like symptoms: runny/stuffed nose, very sore throat, a bit of fever, caughing, sneezing, headaches, insomnia (I went to bed at around 10 pm, but woke up at 2 or 3 am and couldn't sleep). In only few hours it got worse, like I've been sneezing a lot and using tons of napkins and my nose was really stuffed like I couldn't breath at times. I was also dizzy and all the sneezing and runny nose was making me feel weak. I was drinking quite a lot of water...and living off smoothies...

During that night I had the most horrible night. I didn't sleep at all (maybe just 30 min or so towards early morning after sunrise). I was so afraid to fall asleep thinking I would suffocate in my sleep due to my stuffed nose (I just couldn't breathe) that I just stayed in my bed with my back resting on some pillows. It was not comfy to sleep like that so I just sat there, then went in the kitchen and had something to eat. I was feeling awful, so sick, headaches, runny and stuffed nose, fever, everything was just swirling with me, I was very dizzy and weak. I started to question my raw vegan path and I thought it was no longer for me. I just couldn't deal with this tough detox (if it was indeed detox). I just wanted to get it over with and have some cooked vegan (I knew there was a bag of frozen green peas in the freezer, not mine but anyways...).

Then I remembered that I had no cooking possibilities here, and also that my body couldn't deal with cooked food anymore, so I just made peace with that. After struggling the whole night, I had an early morning apricot jam smoothie (frozen bananas, OJ and strawberries - it just resembled the taste of apricot jam to me). Then I finally went to bed, still with fever, still very dizzy and weak, headaches and all that, but I felt I could get some sleep. I slept like 3 hrs, though I woke up every hour to clear nose and make sure I could breathe, then had 2 bananas and later on another apricot jam smoothie. I noticed my appetite was on, though I expected it to diminish while feeling sick. I was drinking lots of water to lower the fever. I was feeling very sick, but I gathered all my strength to go on. Funny though how from a little sore throat (which I thought it was due to having ice cream and cold smoothies) it all plummetted to such a degree of detox (and all this in only few hrs). I was watching raw vegan detox videos on Youtube and I found some really interesting and helping ones. Other symptoms I had: sore muscle, pain in arms and legs, eliminating mucus, bad gas, bad smell, stomach pain, bloating (though my digestion improved a lot), small irritation on my face, irritated eyes, cold and hot flushes; my ears were kinda stuffed (like when you go to a high altitude and you can't hear that well).

The next days I continued to sneeze like crazy and eliminate lots of mucus. My nose was kinda hurt because of all that cleaning it and I was using shea butter to soften it. I went to bed at 1 am thinking that I might not be able to sleep again, but I had a great night sleep, like almost 10 hrs. I still woke up from time to time to go to the bathroom, to clean my nose and take my temperature, but I really rested and relaxed. In the morning I woke up with no fever and no headaches, feeling peaceful and light, like a heavy weight was lifted off me. I was caughing a lot eliminating more mucus, again a bit of runny nose, but other than that I was actually feeling ok. I watched a lot of raw vegan detox videos and read a lot about it and this really helped me big time (on the motivational aspect). My medication was sweet fruit. In the past, being this sick, I would've taken medication right away too. My detox is far from over and I'm sure that it will be more to come, if not now, later on for sure (like in the future months/years). But I did learn a lot by listening to my body and letting him do what he knows best, by giving him the right tools so that he can do the cleaning.

Speaking of tools: my husband bought me lots of spotty large ripe bananas (like the one in the pic), around 6 kg, and I put them in 3 boxes in the freezer for 3 large smoothies. He also got me 2.5 kg of large sweet oranges and...finally...our local Romanian strawberries are here!!! They are sweeter than the imported ones, and a lot cheaper, like $1.5/kg. These days I've been enjoying my large banana strawberry smoothie. This is my medicine.

What helped me was to stick to the sweet fruits despite of all the cooked cravings I had (which are also a part of the detox, as I read). It really helped that I had no obligations and nowhere to go so I made my own schedule, so I could stay at home the whole time and deal with detox. It also takes a lot of patience and will, and it's best to focus on fun things to get away from negative thoughts. And having a diet of mostly smoothies, as the body has easy food to digest. And what's very important: once you go through detox, you won't ever want to eat bad foods, so that you won't have to go throught detox all over again.

The next day I had a wonderful afternoon and evening, I mostly watched lots of videos of John Kohler. I really like his videos, especially those with him shopping at the food terminals or trying new raw vegan restaurants and reviewing them (how he once ate something too salty/oily and next morning he was havin flu-like symptoms - that was a lesson. He said he reviewed the restaurants not by how good the food was, but by how he felt the next morning). I went to bed late at 2:30 am, I wasn't that sleepy and I wanted to be sure I got a good sleep, since I was still having detox. I slept great, I didn't expected that, like 9 hrs.

Then I had to go out at noon to take care of some social insurance issues and also bought some great sweet red peppers and 2 large red grapefruit that really looked good (I learned from John Kohler how to pick the ripest fruits and also that we shouldn't eat green peppers as they are not actually ripe - only the red/yellow/orange ones are). Then I went to the market searching for ripe bananas, but I didn't find any. I did buy like 10 kg of large yellow bananas with ripening potential. The lady told me that they should last me for like 3-4 days and depending on how many persons were eating them. I said they were all for me and that I wanted to freeze most of them for ice cream and drinks. She was surprised that I would actually freeze them, but I explained how she could make great ice cream with frozen bananas as they would change the texture and become very creamy. She actually said she knew the frozen bananas would change the texture...I also got some delicious tasty Greek large tomatoes, they were rather cheap and I really liked them. Also some ripe oranges, some strawberries and some great garden cucumbers (the man selling them was eating one just as it was, without even washing it). I know I said I would only buy sweet fruits, but I've been craving tomatoes and cucumbers and sweet peppers these days.

Last night was the first whole night to actually sleep in a normal position, more relaxed. I had a great sleep again, like 8 hrs though, but I felt ok. No more stuffed nose (just occasionally), no more runny nose (just some more cleaning needed), a bit of cough and a bit of sneezing, headache only now and not that big, feeling tired because today I went to the market again shopping. I got more almost ripe bananas from the same woman, she recognized me and asked me if I put yesterday's bananas to ripen. This time I got like 13 kg. Then I got 5 kg of those amazing Greek tomatoes, 5 kg of ripe sweet oranges, 2 kg of garden cucumbers (there was a naughty cucumber in there lol) and almost 2 kg of sweet red peppers. I dragged all the bags to a bench nearby and waited for my husband to come pick me up with a friend's car. I got lots of people looking at my 2 huge bags with bananas, some saying "wow so many bananas" and some gipsy kids asking me for a banana...

After saying that I no longer have the back-up money for food, I decided to use the money I was saving for another 10 day treatment in August (like $100) and buy food instead. I think I no longer need the treatment since I can exercise at home and not pay to exercise there at the gym. And the electric therapy was not that helping after all, maybe I'll have a treatment next year. I also remembered that I had contributed to a private retirement bank from 2009 until last year (while I was still employed) and since now I'm retired due to illness I'm allowed to use all the money from my account.

So I went to the bank today, but unfortunately everything was too good to be true. I was told that I can't benefit from this money because my retirement is not permanent so far, I still have to go each year or every two years to the expert doctor to see if the illness is worse or I'm feeling better (which is not the case, but that's the procedure). Right now, the retirement conditions state that I still have the right to work 4 hrs/day (if I have no pain), which means that I still can contribute to this private retirement account at this bank. Here, they don't give permanent retirement that easy, you have to wait like 5-10 years or maybe more, maybe until you are 50 years old or something, so that means that I can't use the money for the next 10-20 years maybe. Well, that's the Romanian system - you are retired, but you can't use your retirement money... So I'm back to the tight budget...

My menu:

May 12, 2014:

- (3:15 am) a little lemon juice, 1 raw carrot with frozen fill
- (10:10 am) 8 bananas
- (12:40 pm) 2.4 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 9 fresh strawberries)
- (3:30 pm) 300 g tender butter lettuce leaves with 1 small garden cucumber
- (7 pm) 2.4 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 7 fresh strawberries)

Energy: 2024 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.8% carbs / 4.7% proteins / 3.5% lipids

May 13, 2014:

- (2:40 am) 3 oranges
- (3:55 am) 1 raw carrot with frozen dill
- (4:45 am) 2 bananas
- (9 am) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (the juice of 4 oranges, a little water, 700 g frozen bananas, 4 fresh strawberries)
- (12:40 pm) 2 bananas
- (4 pm) 2 l banana strawberry smoothie (the juice of 2 oranges, a little water, 700 g frozen bananas, 3 fresh strawberries)
- (9:30 pm) 3 oranges
- (0:20 am) 1 raw carrot with frozen dill
- (0:30 am) 100 gr tender butterhead lettuce leaves, 2 small garden cucumbers, half a large heirloom tomato
- (0:40 am) 1 fresh Romanian strawberry

Energy: 2306 cals
Calorie breakdown: 91.7% carbs / 5.2% proteins / 3.1% lipids

May 14, 2014:

- (2:10 pm) 2.3 l banana strawberry smoothie (the juice of 2 oranges, a little water, 750 g frozen bananas, 26 fresh Romanian strawberries)
- (5:20 pm) 1 large banana
- (7 pm) 2.3 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 27 fresh Romanian strawberries)

Energy: 1665 cals
Calorie breakdown: 92.1% carbs / 4.5% proteins / 3.4% lipids

May 15, 2014:

- (11 am) 2 garden cucumbers
- (1 pm) 3 oranges
- (7:10 pm) salad: 4 Greek tomatoes, 7 garden cucumbers, 1 red sweet pepper
- (8:40 pm) salad: 3 Greek tomatoes, 7 garden cucumbers, 1 red sweet pepper
- (11 pm) 2.4 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 27 fresh Romanian strawberries)

Energy: 1185 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.5% carbs / 7.3% proteins / 5.1% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2014 02:50PM by Ela2013.

Date: May 19, 2014 10:13AM

My detox is still going on, but I'm past the fever and feeling rather ok, still some more mucus to eliminate and some hot flushes yesterday.

This morning after church I went to the market and I found some almost ripe bananas. I also got lots of Romanian strawberries, my first Romanian May cherries (they are so good) and some Greek apricots (they are so good, ripe and sweet). I'm envisioning a fruity summer smiling smiley

My menu:

May 16, 2014:

- (11 am) 3 oranges
- (1:40 pm) 2 bananas
- (3:30 pm) 5 portocale
- (8:10 pm) salad: 9 Greek tomatoes, 13 garden cucumbers, 3 red sweet peppers
- (0:20 am) 2.1 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 26 fresh Romanian strawberries)

Energy: 1624 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.6% carbs / 6.9% proteins / 4.5% lipids

May 17, 2014:

- (10 am) 5 oranges
- (1 pm) 5 oranges
- (7 pm) salad: 10 Greek tomatoes, 1 kg garden cucumbers, 3 red sweet peppers
- (11 pm) 2.4 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 750 g frozen bananas, 30 fresh strawberries)

Energy: 1587 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.8% carbs / 7.5% proteins / 4.7% lipids

May 18, 2014:

- (4 pm) 2.5 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 1 kg frozen bananas, 27 fresh strawberries)
- (7 pm) salad: 7 Greek tomatoes, 10 garden cucumbers, 4 red sweet peppers
- (11 pm) 6 oranges

Energy: 1528 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.9% carbs / 6.6% proteins / 4.4% lipids

Date: May 24, 2014 09:51AM

On May 22 I set a personal record for banana shopping. I went to the market again and found some amazing ready to eat spotty ripe good looking bananas. So first I got like 20 kg and I called my husband to come and help me carry them home. He came with his bike and took the 2 large bags and my backpack full of bananas. He also brought a shopping troller that I took and went back to the market and bought 23 kg, which I carried home by myself in the shopping troller. This time I got tons of looks at my bananas and questions about them. A kid asked me what I was going to do with all those bananas. I told him I had a monkey at home and she was eating bananas only. He actually believed me and asked me how big the monkey was. I eventually told him that I was the monkey
My husband and his mother-in-law were kinda bothered by all these bananas saying that there was no room for them. But I froze some and the rest are well arranged in layers in my room.
I confess: I AM extreme for freezing my bananas.
BUT: my mother-in-law is NOT extreme for freezing dead animals.
LOL...

On May 23 evening after church I went in the center of the town for a walk as the sun was still up, since the days are longer now. On my way home I went to a supermarket and found Romanian fresh raw green peas, so I bought a 500 g pack. Kinda expensive ($3/500 g), but I've been waiting for them to be in season just to try see how they are. There was not that much left after taking them from the pods, and then I also removed their transparent skins for a better digestion. My conclusion: raw fresh green peas are not sweet at all, only a bit and only those tiny peas which are not that many. I read a lot about them being great raw fresh from the garden, but these were not like that. So I'm glad that I got to realize that I actually don't like raw fresh green peas, especially because on their own they are rather bland and have no taste. Stil, after combining them with tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, butter lettuce and some green onion, the overall salad turned out great and very tasty. I had to use onion as the tomatoes were not tasty and the peppers were not sweet, but I only used 3 stalks of green onion and I had absolutely no negative effects, not even an annoying onion after taste. I don't plan to eat onion again, this was just my back-up plan to make this salad tasty. So I realized I liked the frozen green peas because they were cooked, that's why they were so sweet and tasty. No more for me.

This is going to be my last daily menu that I will be posting (actually I haven't written down my menu starting May 22 anyway). I won’t be posting my daily menu anymore as you already have an idea as to what I’m eating on a daily basis, I am definitely going to maintain my raw vegan lifestyle, no overt fats, no frozen veggies, no raw fresh green peas, no onion/garlic, no dates. I still want to try sweet fresh corn on the cob when it will be in season, and I’ll make a post about that. I’ll keep posting pics of the food I like and updates, but I find that posting a daily menu is no longer something of interest for me and it takes time to write the menu and run it through Cronometer. I’d rather be focusing on other activities. I will also stop posting the daily menu on the Romanian forum I'm following, it’s kind of annoying now to keep track of the number of strawberries I put in my smoothie or to remember the hour when I’m having a certain meal. I’d like more freedom in this area.
Basically I'll be having one large banana strawberry smoothie/day plus other fresh fruits such as apricots, cherries, watermelon when in season, grapes, plums and even oranges or ripe bananas. In winter time I'll go on with my banana smoothies and probably lots of oranges and more ripe bananas. But I'll make an update everytime I have a change in my diet or some news smiling smiley

My menu:

May 19, 2014:

- (11 am) 10 Romanian cherries and 10 Greek apricots
- (12 am) 10 Romanian strawberries
- (1 pm) 500 g Romanian cherries
- (3:30 pm) 2.55 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 1.3 kg frozen bananas, 27 strawberries)
- (7:40 pm) 100 g tender butter lettuce leaves, 1 large garden cucumber, few tomato slices, few sweet red pepper slices
- (9:30 pm) salad: 4 Greek tomatoes, 10 garden cucumbers, 3 red sweet peppers
- (10:25 pm) salad: 4 Greek tomatoes, 4 garden cucumbers, 1 red sweet pepper

Energy: 2162 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.1% carbs / 7% proteins / 4.8% lipids

May 20, 2014:

- (2 am) 2 apricots
- (11:45 am) 3 apricots
- (2:50 pm) salad: 3 Greek tomatoes, 100 g tender butter lettuce leaves, 3 garden cucumbers, 2 red sweet peppers, 10 small tender red radishes
- (3:40 pm) 10 strawberries
- (5:30 pm) 2.2 l banana strawberry smoothie (500 ml water, 1 kg frozen bananas, 27 strawberries)
- (7:30 pm) 600 g apricots
- (9:10 pm) 600 g cherries
- (11 pm) 3 oranges

Energy: 1991 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.2% carbs / 6.5% proteins / 4.3% lipids

May 21, 2014:

- (5:30 pm) 2.5 l apricot jam smoothie (500 ml water, 1 kg frozen bananas, 21 ripe apricots, 17 strawberries)
- (7:30 pm) 600 g apricots
- (9:10 pm) 600 g cherries
- (11 pm) 3 oranges

Energy: 1740 cals
Calorie breakdown: 90.6% carbs / 5.7% proteins / 3.7% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 09:52AM by Ela2013.

Current Page: 7 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables