Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 02:54PM

My menu:

October 01, 2014:

- 1 kg grapes
- 900 g grapes
- 1 kg plums
- 500 g plums (very good, juicy and sweet)
- zucchini spaghetti with tomato zucchini sauce
- cauliflower tomato puree
- cucumber and bell pepper sticks

In total I used: 3 zucchini, half a head of cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 10 cucumbers, 2 bell peppers.

Energy: 2470 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.4% carbs / 6.2% proteins / 4.4% lipids

Feeling even much better today, I had a great 10 hr night sleep, from 2 am to 12 pm. Now I need to get used to going to sleep early again, like at 10 or 11 pm maximum, and even earlier if possible.

Yesterday I happened to be there when there was a tv documentary about how leather shoes are made. They showed everything, from the animals being taken their skin off in the slaughterhouse, then preparing the leather full of blood, etc. It was the first time that I saw this horrible process like this, out in the open. I've seen random images before, but never focused that much on them. Now it's like it really hit me and I regret wearing leather in the past as much as I regret eating meat in the past. It made me realise (once again) that I don't ever wanna go back to this past.
Raw vegan present and future for the win! smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 02, 2014 04:03PM

The trick is in the variety and so I would add variety. In particular, look for more calcium rich foods Every Day. Calcium helps burn fat and makes the body run better. Calcium is found in green veggies. Add some nuts. Nuts (almonds) help you lose fat. Add some seeds like pumpkin seeds (rich in Zinc) and sunflower seeds (B vits). Zinc helps you burn fat too. As far as fruits go, not all fruits are equal. Colorful berries are best.

Date: October 04, 2014 10:51AM

Thank you for your advice, Panchito. Unfortunately, here will be winter soon, so I can't get berries anymore. I would get some leafy greens, but lettuce is very expensive here now and it doesn't taste good. And we don't have spinach now, the season is over. I'll think about getting more variety, amd about nuts/seeds, I still haven't decided about that yet.

My menu:

October 03, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums
- 1.2 kg plums
- cauliflower mash with tomato sauce (delicious)

In total I used: 6 zucchini, half a head of cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 2 red bell peppers.

Energy: 1693 cals
Calorie breakdown: 85.5% carbs / 7.8% proteins / 6.7% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 05, 2014 03:00PM

My menu:

October 04, 2014:

- 1.8 kg plums
- 500 g plums
- cauliflower mash with tomato sauce

In total I used: 4 zucchini, 1 kg cauliflower, 2 kg tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 3 bell peppers.

Energy: 1903 cals
Calorie breakdown: 83% carbs / 9.6% proteins / 7.4% lipids

I slept from 11 am to 12 pm this time, some of which I couldn't really sleep because of huge headache that was making me feel dizzy. I still have stuffed nose sometimes at night so I still can't sleep in a normal horizontal position, which may contribute to my lack of sleep. I hope I can sleep better soon because I'm tired of being a zombie day and night...

The detox is mild now but far from over: lots of mucus (I am tempted to wonder where it comes from, but yeah all those years of eating animal products - small price to pay now), stuffed nose, huge headache with dizziness. The detox makes you never go back to a standard diet so that you don't experience detox all over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 05, 2014 03:16PM

I just realised I never posted the menu for October 2, so I'm posting this day below.

My menu:

October 02, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums

In total I used: 6 zucchini, one head and a half of cauliflower, 2.5 kg tomatoes, 10 cucumbers, 3 bell peppers.

Energy: 1662 cals
Calorie breakdown: 81.1% carbs / 10.9% proteins / 8% lipids

I had 2 large portions of each veggie meal and it was quite a lot, I had to take a break in between to finish, but it was good and satisfying.

I had a 12 hr night sleep, from 12 am to 12 pm (though I couldn't sleep from 3 am to 5 am, but I stayed in the bed in the dark and just rested).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 06, 2014 10:49AM

Made a mistake for October 4 - I actually slept from 11 pm (in the evening) to 12 pm at noon the next day - you can never oversleep smiling smiley

My menu:

October 05, 2014:

- 1.8 kg plums
- cauliflower mash with tomato sauce

In total I used: 4 zucchini, 200 g cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 5 cucumbers, 2 bell peppers.

Energy: 1252 cals
Calorie breakdown: 84.5% carbs / 8.4% proteins / 7.2% lipids

I slept from 10:30 pm to 11:30 am, partly not sleeping again, still feeling sleep deprived. Yesterday I eliminated a lot of fluorescent yellow mucus. Searching on the internet I found that it means the body is fighting an infection, but there is no need to worry. Watching some more of Ralph Smart videos, they helped even more. I need to focus on becoming neutral.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 08, 2014 10:49AM

My menu:

October 06, 2014:

- 1 kg plums
- zucchini spaghetti with tomato cauliflower zucchini sauce (my favourite sauce)

In total I used: 5 zucchini, 900 g cauliflower, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, 3 bell peppers. I ate 3/4 of the spaghetti.

Energy: 1019 cals
Calorie breakdown: 81.1% carbs / 10.7% proteins / 8.2% lipids

October 07, 2014:

- 1 kg plums
- zucchini spaghetti with tomato cauliflower zucchini sauce (dinner leftovers from the previous evening)
- tomato soup with cucumber cubes and bell pepper cubes, next to cauliflower tomato puree
- 500 g grapes
- 500 g grapes

In total I used: 600 g cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 10 cucumbers, 5 bell peppers.

Energy: 1838 cals
Calorie breakdown: 86.4% carbs / 8.1% proteins / 5.5% lipids

I've been sleping from 12 am to 12 pm, so 12 hrs, for the past 2 nights and I'm feeling so much better. I promised myself I would catch up with my sleep once my nose cleared up, so I've been sleeping in a normal horizontal position...finally. Regarding my experiment of ignoring the negative things, I tried to be neutral in the past 2 days and it worked - it all depends on my attitude and it goes on from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 09, 2014 09:54AM

My menu:

October 08, 2014:

- 1.5 kg grapes
- 1 fresh fig
- cauliflower tomato puree, with tomato sauce on the side (600 g cauliflower, 700 g tomatoes)
- mixed cabbage salad: 500 g white cabbage, 500 g red cabbage, the juice of 1 lemon
- large salad: 1 head of Romaine lettuce, 3 large cucumbers, 3 red bell peppers, 5 red radishes, with tomato sauce (700 g tomatoes)

Energy: 1926 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.5% carbs / 7.9% proteins / 4.6% lipids

I want to have more greens in my diet (though they are pretty expensive here, like $1/head of lettuce). The Romaine lettuce was good and crunchy, and, surprisingly, the leaves were sweet. I also got another salad called "kopfsalat" which looks like butter lettuce and still has the roots, on the package it says "living plant with all the nutrients". I'm thinking I should cut the leaves right above the roots and re-grow it in water.
The fresh fig was the first I ever had, so far I had only dried ones. It was wonderful, juicy, soft, I ate it with peel and all. It was like no other fruit, it was unique. I wish I could buy more or more often, but they are very expensive here, like $6/kg. In our currency (1 RON=$3.5) it's very expensive (20 RON/kg).
Yesterday I went shopping in a different part of town, to a wonderful large supermarket, where I found so much great stuff plus so many types of lettuce and for a good price, and then to a wonderful veggie market. I'll never get tired of saying I love shopping for my food smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 13, 2014 12:32PM

My menu:

October 09, 2014:

- 1.5 kg grapes
- cauliflower tomato puree, with mixed cabbage salad (white cabbage, red cabbage, the juice of 1 lemon)
- salad: 1 head of butter lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, 6 red radishes, with tomato sauce

October 10, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums
- 1 fresh fig (amazingly delicious, I love fresh figs)
- bell peppers stuffed with tomato carrot red beet puree - lot of beet blood going on there
- cauliflower tomato puree, with mixed cabbage salad (white cabbage, red cabbage, the juice of 1 lemon)
- salad: 1 head of butter lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, 5 red radishes, with tomato sauce

The other day I was out almost the whole day, shopping in various places and walking a lot in the sun. It was so wonderful, we still have sunny warm autumn days.

October 11, 2014:

- 1.5 kg grapes
- bell peppers stuffed with tomato red beet puree
- salad: 1 head of butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, 6 red radishes, with tomato sauce

October 12, 2014:

- 1.8 kg grapes
- 1 fresh fig (delicious once again)
- cauliflower tomato puree (2 portions), with mixed cabbage salad (white cabbage, red cabbage, the juice of 1 lemon) (my favourite dinner these days)
- 1 cucumber, 3 red radishes (just a snack, this time I didn't want to make a salad)

Yesterday after church service I was out for the whole day again, this time relaxing, walking and sitting on a bench in the town's main square, enjoying the sun and the warm weather. I took lunch with me to enjoy there as well - lovely sweet grapes. It was so good, just chillin' smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 13, 2014 08:44PM

That is good to share
Do you supplement?
What about b12 ?

Date: October 15, 2014 12:20PM

Thank you, RawPracticalist smiling smiley
No, I don't supplement yet, not even the B12, but I intend to in the near future. I first want to get tested for Vitamin D, Iodine and of course B12, and go from there.

My menu:

October 13, 2014:

- 1.9 kg grapes
- cauliflower tomato puree, with a salad made of: 1 head of butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, 10 small red radishes, with tomato sauce
- 1 kg grapes

October 14, 2014:

- 500 g grapes
- 1 kg grapes
- 500 g plums
- 7 carrots
- cauliflower tomato dill puree, with a salad made of: 1 head of butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, 6 small red radishes, with tomato dill sauce

I have been craving fresh dill again so I added it in my cauliflower tomato puree and in the sauce for the salad. It was very tasty, I missed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 18, 2014 11:49AM

My menu:

October 15, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums
- tomato soup with cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, dill (the dill was great in the soup)
- cauliflower tomato dill puree, with a mixed cabbage salad (white cabbage, red cabbage, lemon juice) (I didn't eat all the puree and the salad)

October 16, 2014:

- cauliflower tomato dill puree (dinner leftovers from previous evening), with another mixed cabbage salad
- 1.5 kg plums

October 17, 2014:

- 7 local Red Delicious apples
- 1 kg plums
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato green onion sauce, with a salad made of: 1 head of butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, 10 very small red radishes, with tomato green onion sauce

I have been craving onion again so I added it in my cauliflower tomato puree and in the sauce for the salad. It was very tasty, I missed it.

Yesterday I bought green onions (white bulb and red bulb), green garlic (similar to green onion, and with a lot of flavour), 1 small white onion (I never had that, just red/yellow onion), 1 small leek (I read it can be eaten raw in salads/soups), lots of plums, lots of tomatoes, some bell peppers and cucumbers, lots of zucchini, 2 small heads of white cabbage, some fresh dill, it's so beautiful, 2 heads of cauliflower - work-out again

In my dinner I only used 2 green onions, 1 in the puree and 1 in the salad sauce, so everything was very mild and I didn't have too much of an onion after taste, just a little bit. No side effects so far (like dizziness and swollen eyes like I had in the past). I'll keep observing...

Regarding my get neutral experiment, it's still on, but at times it gets harder as I'm all alone in this, no support, my husband is sometimes acting against me with putting me in annoying situations like still leaving too little space for me to sleep and not caring about this (and other situations) at all. Sometimes he even reacts in a violent manner that kind of scares me.

It's even harder now because I decided to quit using my foam sleeping ear plugs, as I experienced some ear pain. I searched on the internet and found that ear plugs cause addiction, ear pain, ear infections, wax build-up and hearing loss. So I got scared and decided to throw them away and never use again. I even read that there were so many people using them, even during the day, and most of them admitted they were addicted to ear plugs. I must admit I was kind of addicted too, as I felt lost without them at the perspective of hearing all the noise. I read that after wearing ear plugs, the hearing becomes even more sensible, so you hear even the smallest sounds, because when using the ear plugs, the ears get accustomed to the quiet environment and they get lazy.

I also stopped using the earphones for listening to music, as I read that the human ear is not accustomed to have a source of sound so close to the inner ear. And they are the main cause for hearing loss.

Surprisingly, I did sleep during the night without the ear plugs, but the noise in the house in the morning wakes me up. I'm not bothered by the noise coming from the street, I even find it relaxing and making me sleep, but the noise in the house is unbearable....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 11:50AM by Ela2013.

Date: October 19, 2014 01:58PM

My menu:

October 18, 2014:

- 3 local Red Delicious apples
- 1 kg plums
- hearty tomato soup with cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, red radishes, cauliflower florets, raw leek and green garlic (the leek and garlic were so great in the soup)
- cauliflower tomato puree with raw leek and green garlic, next to 1 bell pepper and some whole small cucumbers

The raw leek was so good, very similar to the green onion, only milder and sweeter. I chose a small leek, so it was very tender. It's the first time I eat raw leek, and I'm surprised at how good it is. I read it has a lot of benefits too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 26, 2014 01:44PM

My menu:

October 19, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato green garlic puree, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, dill, the juice of 1 lemon)

October 20, 2014:

- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato green garlic puree, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, dill, the juice of 1 lemon)
- 2.9 kg grapes

October 21, 2014:

- 1 local Red Delicious apple
- 2 plums
- 2.5 kg grapes
- tomato soup with red radishes, cauliflower florets, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill, green garlic
- cauliflower tomato fresh dill green garlic puree, next to bell peppers and cucumbers

October 22, 2014:

- 1.5 kg plums
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato fresh dill green garlic puree, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, fresh dill, the juice of 1 lemon)

October 23, 2014:

- 1 local Jonathan apple
- 4 local Red Delicious apples
- 1.5 kg plums
- hearty tomato soup with red spring onion (green onion with red bulb), cauliflower florets, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (a soup full of flavour, simply delicious)
- cauliflower tomato fresh dill puree with red spring onion, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, fresh dill, the juice of 1 lemon) and bell peppers and cucumbers

October 24, 2014:

- 2 kg plums
- hearty tomato soup with red spring onion (green onion with red bulb), cauliflower florets, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill
- cauliflower tomato fresh dill puree with green garlic, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, fresh dill, the juice of 1 lemon)

October 25, 2014:

- 2 kg plums
- 2 local Red Delicious apples
- hearty tomato soup with spring onion (green onion with white bulb), cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (soup no. 1)
- hearty tomato soup with red spring onion (green onion with red bulb), cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill, next to cabbage salad (white cabbage, fresh dill, the juice of 1 lemon) (soup no. 2 - I can't get enough of this soup)

The other day I spent most of the day with my mom, she came to my mountain town to visit me for the day, it was unexpectedly wonderful, the weather was sunny and warm, we talked a lot, told each other the news and such, told stories and had a lovely time together. No attacks towards my diet, just a peaceful day in the town center, together. She said she missed me and wanted to see me, that's why she came especially for this. So we are still good friends even if we have different views on certain things, but I tried to use my diplomacy and be a good daughter. I found it's for my best interest and my peace of mind to not care that much about things (like imposing my opinion - something I did a lot in the past).

Also the other day I received by mail the health insurance electronic card with the cip. It's not active yet, I have to activate it by introducing my own code. I was kind of scared seeing it, but today I went to the health insurance office and asked for details. The lady there said that the card would be used starting with 2015 and nothing was set yet. Anyways, I won't activate it ever as I'll never use electronic ID papers with a cip. I also read on the internet about our great monks' opinion on ID's with a cip and they specifically warned against ever using such cards/ID's or other papers involving a cip. It is said that the health card helps you to receive discount medical services, but if you choose not to accept the card, you have to pay the full price for blood work or other medical services. I'd rather pay the full price than get the card with the cip.

I started to attend church service daily again, in the morning and in the afternoon, and after only 2 weeks I already feel like a different person, I have more inner peace, I feel more confident and I have so much more hope. It is there where I get my strength and faith.

Something very strange happened on Friday, after making my cabbage salad. After I massaged the cabbage with lemon juice, I felt my hands burning from the acid in the lemon juice. My hands were already sensitive from the very cold freezing weather outside, they were red from the cold, so the lemon juice attacked my skin even more. My hands were red and sore and felt like burning when washing with warm water.
I searched on the internet and found that lemon juice is burning the skin, even if it's a mild acid, it's still citric acid. There were cases when the skin was burned after using lemon juice and exposing the skin to the sun, so the sun intensified the effect of the citric acid. I never knew this. Next time I'll make sure I use gloves when massaging the cabbage with lemon juice.
There is always something to learn, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2014 01:46PM by Ela2013.

Date: October 30, 2014 01:10PM

My menu:

October 26, 2014:

- 500 g plums
- 1.8 kg grapes
- hearty tomato soup with half a white onion (globe storage onion), cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (the first time I ever ate white onion – so far I only ate yellow and red onion; the white onion is so mild and sweet, so delicate, it has a lovely flavour and translucid white layers, plus it’s very watery)
- hearty tomato soup with half a white onion (globe storage onion), cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill

October 27, 2014:

- 2 kg grapes
- hearty tomato soup with raw leek, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill
- hearty tomato soup with 1 clove of garlic, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill

October 28, 2014:

- 1 local Jonathan apple
- 2 kg grapes
- hearty tomato soup with raw leek, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill
- hearty tomato soup with green onion, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill
- simple cauliflower mash (cauliflower finely chopped in the food processor)

October 29, 2014:

- 2.1 kg grapes
- hearty tomato soup with green onion, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill
- cauliflower tomato puree with fresh dill and green onion

I can't get enough of this soup, it's so rewarding and satisfying. I love it as it has so many ingredients that go so well together and make it hearty and thick. And it makes the cold days warmer, even if it's a raw soup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 01:12PM by Ela2013.

Date: October 31, 2014 01:30PM

My menu:

October 30, 2014:

- 1.5 kg grapes
- 1.5 kg grapes
- hearty tomato soup with green onion, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (round 1)
- hearty tomato soup with green onion, zucchini noodles, cauliflower, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (round 2)
- cauliflower tomato puree with fresh dill and green onion (made with the cauliflower stems)

Regarding that microcip electronic health insurance card I got by mail this week, reading more opinions, I decided to send it back to the health insurance company, with an explanatory letter/personal statement. I felt uncomfortable having it in my room so I got rid of it. I feel better now.

Date: November 13, 2014 11:07AM

Cool that now we have a spam prevention code when posting, I notice...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out And more options for text formatting.

I pretty much had the same menu for the first part of November:

- Red Delicious apples
- grapes (now I switched to clementines as grapes are now very expensive)
- my hearty tomato soup with lots of toppings and either garlic or green onion or white onion (globe storage onion).

Yesterday I had an all fruit day as I needed the real fast food - food that was easy and fast to prepare and digest: Red Delicious apples, clementines, apples again. But I can't have another fruity day anytime soon as I really love my veggies and I craved them A LOT yesterday. So today I'll have my tomato soup again, I'm so looking forward to enjoying that.

Needless to say that this morning I had orange bowel movements after all those clementines yesterday...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: November 15, 2014 10:04AM

I missed Cronometer - I notice it has a new face smiling bouncing smiley

November 13, 2014:

- 1 kg clementines (20 clementines without peel)
- 6 local Red Delicious apples
- hearty tomato soup with white onion (globe storage onion), red radishes, zucchini noodles, cauliflower florets, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (2 portions) (pics 1, 2)

In total I used: 1 zucchini, 1 small white onion, 200 g cauliflower, 10 small red radishes, half a small bunch of dill, 2 kg tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 2 small red peppers.

Energy: 1782 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.9% carbs / 6.3% proteins / 4.8% lipids

November 14, 2014:

- 1 red apple (similar to Jonathan apple)
- cauliflower tomato puree with 1 clove of garlic, red radishes, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, raw kohlrabi, fresh dill (pics 3, 4)
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato puree, green onion, red radishes, cucumber cubes, bell pepper cubes, fresh dill (pics 5, 6)
- white cabbage salad (white cabbage, the juice of 1 lemon)

In total I used: 1 zucchini, 1 clove of garlic, 1 small bunch of green onion (4 stalks), a quarter of a large kohlrabi, 700 g cauliflower, 6 small red radishes, a quarter of a small bunch of dill, 2 kg tomatoes, 5 short cucumbers, 5 small red peppers, 600 g white cabbage, 1 lemon.

Energy: 1193 cals
Calorie breakdown: 81.9% carbs / 11% proteins / 7.1% lipids

I won't have access to good local tomatoes anymore, as my tomato source is at the end of her tomato stash, the tomatoes are not that good now, they lost their colour and are mostly greenish/yellowish. So I have to buy imported ones which are expensive and not that good either. Which makes me switch from the tomato soup to the cauliflower tomato puree, for which I use less tomatoes and more cauliflower - basically a tomato soup with lots of cauliflower rice.

Yesterday we entered here the Lent for the Birth of Jesus Christ, which lasts 40 days until December 25. I'm basically in a continuous Lent being vegan (like all of us vegans), but it used to be a challenge for me back when I was on a standard diet. I love this time of year, it's a time for reflection and more prayers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: November 19, 2014 01:13PM

November 15, 2014:

- 1 red apple
- 1 kg clementines (20 clementines without peel)
- 1 kg grapes
- cauliflower tomato puree with 1 clove of garlic, red radishes, zucchini noodles, cucumber cubes, red pepper cubes, raw kohlrabi, fresh dill

In total I used: 500 g cauliflower, 1 zucchini, 5 small red peppers, 10 small cucumbers, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 1 quarter of a large kohlrabi, a quarter of a small bunch of dill, 6 red radishes, 400 g white cabbage, 1 lemon.

Energy: 1769 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.2% carbs / 7.3% proteins / 4.4% lipids

November 16, 2014:

- 7 local Red Delicious apples
- 1 kg grapes
- cauliflower kohlrabi tomato puree with green onion and fresh dill (2 large portions)

In total I used: 1 kg cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 small bunch of green onion (5 stalks), 3 quarters of a large kohlrabi, a quarter of a small bunch of dill, 300 g white cabbage, 1 lemon.

Energy: 1791 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.3% carbs / 6.6% proteins / 4.1% lipids

Those green onions were mild, but I guess I should've used just 2 or 3, as afterwards I felt kind of high (or light-headed), but it was a pleasant feeling, not like ugly dizziness.

The prices just sky-rocketed all of a sudden here, so I will have a simple menu with just the basics: sweet fruits (citrus, apples), tomatoes, cauliflower, green onion. These are expensive too, but still worth it. The rest is too expensive also and there's no point in buying just a small quantity. Maybe I'll have other foods just occassionally as a treat...

November 17, 2014:

- 2 kg clementines
- 9 local Red Delicious apples
- cauliflower tomato puree with green onion (2 very large portions - I only ate 1 and a half)

In total I used: 1 small bunch of green onion (5 stalks), 1 kg cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 400 g white cabbage, 1 lemon.

Energy: 1471 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.5% carbs / 7.1% proteins / 4.5% lipids

November 18, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- cauliflower tomato puree with green onion and white cabbage salad (dinner leftovers from the previous evening)
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato sauce and 1 clove of garlic
- 1 golden apple (in the past I thought golden apples were too sweet for me, but this one was perfect, so good)

In total I used: 2 zucchini, 1 clove of garlic, 100 g cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes.

Energy: 1512 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.7% carbs / 8.1% proteins / 4.2% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: November 20, 2014 08:51AM

November 19, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- 6 golden apple (900 g)
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato sauce and 2 cloves of garlic
- white cabbage salad (white cabbage, lemon juice)

In total I used: 2 zucchini, 2 cloves of garlic, 300 g cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 500 g white cabbage, the juice of half a lemon.

Energy: 1746 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89% carbs / 7.1% proteins / 3.9% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: November 22, 2014 01:18PM

November 20, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- 5 Golden apples
- cauliflower tomato puree with white cabbage and too much garlic (the white cabbage was first marinated in lemon juice, then added to the puree)
- 1 red apple (similar to Jonathan apple)
- 1 Golden apple (during the night)

I used way too much garlic (though I knew it would be painful and too much, but I wanted to finish it and I was planning to never use any ever again anyway). Hence the apples afterwards, to calm down the garlic after taste. The next morning I paid the price: I woke up with my face swollen (mostly the right side of my face). It happens to me when I overdo it with stimulants like garlic/onion. Sometimes I get swollen eyes or swollen lips. So I felt like I was loaded with garlic toxins, like I was poisoned. I decided I would never use garlic again, right now I don't even want to hear about it. I'll stick to only green onion which is mild and harmless (so far at least - though I experienced dizziness after 5 small green onions, but I'll stick to maximum 2 in a meal).
After such a long time without garlic/onion, I think I became sensitive to them and my body sees them as toxins to get rid of. I must never forget that...

Date: November 22, 2014 01:26PM

November 21, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- salad: 2 green onions, 150 g cauliflower, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, half a head of butter lettuce, 2 yellow peppers, fresh dill.

Energy: 1334 cals
Calorie breakdown: 88.1% carbs / 8% proteins / 3.9% lipids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: November 29, 2014 01:39PM

So winter has come here with the freezing cold and snowing and frost, the roads are covered in ice so it's very hard to walk wthout falling down. I did ok so far...

I didn't have an internet connection for like 3 days so I'm happy to be back here.

These days I've been stocking up on bananas which finally ripened beautifully (I kept them in my wardrobe in plastic bags next to ripe apples between my clothes) and they smell amazing, so wonderful. I also got lots and lots of sweet great oranges. And our local Jonathan apples, so sweet as well. I had my veggies too: lots of cauliflower (the last local one, so good), tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, fresh dill and green onion (no garlic for me, please).

My favourite dish these days is cauliflower mash with lemon juice, green onion and fresh dill. It's so good and creamy, I just love it.

So my menu these days has been:

1. In the first part of the day: apples/oranges.

2. In the evening - one of the following:

- tomato soup with cucumbers, cauliflower florets, cauliflower rice, peppers, green onion, fresh dill, with butter lettuce leaves on the side
- salad: butter lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green onion, fresh dill
- tomato soup with zucchini noodles, cucumbers, cauliflower florets, peppers, green onion, fresh dill
- cauliflower mash with lemon juice, fresh dill, green onion
- salad: zucchini spaghetti, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, fresh dll, green onion
- cauliflower zucchini mash with lemon juice, fresh dill, green onion.

I've also been making salt free sauerkraut again, I've been craving it, I have my first batch going on right now, looking forward to it.

I still need to get used to the cold weather outside, but I'm enjoying the sunny days and the cloudy ones too as the mountain landscape is stunning here this time of year, with the fog and the snow and everything else nature has to offer.
In the house it's very cold as well so I need to get used to this too.

I hope you guys have an easy winter, I love our wonderful community here smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2014 01:42PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 01, 2014 12:53PM

November 29, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- 6 bananas
- cauliflower mash: 700 g cauliflower, the juice of 1 lemon, fresh dill, 1 green onion
- salad: 5 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, half a yellow pepper
- 3 bananas

Energy: 2195 cals
Calorie breakdown: 89.4% carbs / 7% proteins / 3.7% lipids

November 30, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- 6 bananas
- cauliflower mash: 1.5 kg cauliflower, the juice of 2 lemons, fresh dill, 2 green onions (1 very large portion and very satisfying)
- salad: 8 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, 1 and 1/2 yellow pepper

Energy: 2289 cals
Calorie breakdown: 87.1% carbs / 8.4% proteins / 4.5% lipids

I'd say that the lemons I used were the best lemons so far, the peel was almost orange and very thin, and they were full of juice, I got so much juice out of them, I was so pleased smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 02, 2014 08:13PM

November 30, 2014:

- 2 kg oranges
- 6 bananas
- my version of Pasta Alfredo: zucchini spaghetti with white sauce made of cauliflower, sauerkraut juice, fresh dill and green onion (one very large portion, I only ate 3/4 of it)
- sauerkraut

December 01, 2014:

- 2.5 kg oranges
- the rest of my Pasta Alfredo (dinner leftovers)
- sauerkraut with tomatoes and yellow pepper
- 1 Jonathan apple
- 5 Jonathan apples

The sauerkraut turned out very good, and the combination of the spaghetti with the white sauce was good too. And I liked the sauerkraut with tomatoes as well.

On December 1st here we celebrate our National Day, so yesterday it was a National Holiday, people having their day off from work and it felt like a Sunday. Usually here people celebrate with barbeque and steaks and beer and such. But I had a quiet relaxing cruelty free day watching lots of Youtube like-minded people and enjoying my meals smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 06, 2014 01:36PM

In my last post, the menu was for December 01 and December 02, instead of November 30 and December 01.

December 03, 2014:

- 6 local Jonathan apples
- 7 oranges
- 3 bananas
- cauliflower mash with lemon juice, dill, green onion
- salad: 5 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 1 yellow pepper, sauerkraut

December 04, 2014:

- 3 bananas
- 1 local Jonathan apple
- 3 bananas
- 5 oranges
- salad: 6 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 1 yellow pepper, sauerkraut

December 05, 2014:

- 3 bananas
- 7 local Jonathan apples
- 7 oranges
- salad: 5 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 7 red radishes

I found some lovely red radishes, very small, very tender and very tasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 01:43PM by Ela2013.

Date: December 07, 2014 11:54AM

December 06, 2014:

- 3 bananas
- 13 oranges
- salad: 5 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 7 red radishes

Date: December 10, 2014 02:19PM

December 07, 2014:

- 4 local Jonathan apples
- 12 oranges
- salad: 5 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, 16 tiny red radishes

December 08, 2014:

- 2 local Jonathan apples
- 13 oranges
- salad: 5 tomatoes, half a long cucumber, 14 tiny red radishes
- 5 local Jonathan apples

December 09, 2014:

- 10 oranges
- salad: 6 tomatoes, 1 long cucumber

Date: December 10, 2014 07:57PM

Hey my friends,

This year it's been 2 years since going vegan in October 2012 (with that 2 week break in the summer of 2013 when I was in the hospital for recovery treatment concerning the hip issue). I was thinking I should have my blood work done especially in regards to Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and Iodine (as I had the standard blood tests done this year in August and they turned out ok).

Do you think I should wait some more or this 2 year period of being vegan is going to be relevant for the test results? I read that after going vegan, the body still has some Vitamin B12 stored from all those years eating animal products (for like 6 years or so).

Also...I was thinking about the best form of Vitamin B12 to use (as I will most certainly need to supplement at some point anyway). I want to use injections, but here I can only find caps. It's good though that I can find metylcobalamin form, as I know it's the most active. Unfortunately, most (if not all) of the caps have extra ingredients such as artificial sweeteners.

I know there has been a lot of writing on this, plus Youtube videos, and I'll search for those, but I just wanted to know your opinion on this. I think it's a very important topic any time for us, vegans.

Thank you so much smiling smiley

Date: December 30, 2014 07:00PM

I tried to post, but I got error so I took a break.

I did the vitamin B12 and vitamin D tests, and I have low B12 and severe deficiency of vitamin D. I looked for a good vitamin B12 supplement and found the one from Now Foods. I had trouble finding a vegan D3 vitamin here where I live, so I have to get it online from England (it's the Vitashine, the one approved by the Vegan Society) (I will ask my sister to do all the transactions, as I don't want to).

My menu was simple this month:

- orange juice
- choco banana milk (raw carob, fresh bananas, water)
- oranges
- apples
- homemade salt-free sauerkraut (and the sauerkraut juice)
- tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, yellow pepper

I've been fighting some severe frozen peas and frozen veggie cravings, I wanted to buy them, but every time some raw food became available (like finding ripe bananas) and I also received a lot of support to continue on the raw vegan path. I finally got over these cravings and I'm so happy I didn't buy those frozen veggies after all smiling bouncing smiley

I've experienced detox these past days and I had runny/stuffed nose (I still have, except there is a lot more mucus now to eliminate), I didn't sleep much.

Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables