Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:10AM

Feeling great again, but this morning I woke up with runny nose, headache and feeling cold. I'm enjoying my delicious choco banana milk as we speak My food for yesterday: breakfast - 1 l fresh orange juice (from 10 oranges); lunch - 6 large apples; snack - 1 small banana, then a bit of raw carob; dinner - my sauerkraut, 1/2 long cucumber, 1 red sweet pepper, tomato dill sauce (from 5 tomatoes and 1 bunch of dill).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 20, 2015 06:15AM

Yesterday I had to quit wearing my DIY sleeping ear plugs as my left year hurt and I noticed it's a bit inflamed and has a small bump on it. So I had an awful 3 hr night sleep only and woke up this morning with a bit of ear pain, headache, runny / congested nose, pain in my hip, feeling cold again. Sleeping in the noise is awful again, I hope I can get used to it. I used shea butter on my ear as it has antiinflammatory properties. So I'm a zombie today and I'll make some choco banana milk to better start the day.

My food for yesterday: breakfast - 1.6 l choco banana milk (15 bananas, 4 tsp raw carob, water); lunch - 3 large red apples; dinner - my sauerkraut, 1/2 long cucumber, 1 large red sweet pepper, tomato dill sauce (7 tomatoes and 1 bunch of fresh dill); snack - 3 apples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 21, 2015 10:31AM

Last night I slept better, almost 9 hrs, I hope my body will adapt to no ear plugs and to the noise. As I said before, I have no problem with the outside noise (like the cars, the birds), but the noise inside the appartment is the one bothering me (like snoring, slamming the door, the voices).

Today I started my day with 2 l choco banana milk, I'm enjoying it right now.

My food for yesterday: breakfast - 2 l choco banana milk (17 bananas - mostly small ones, 4 tsp raw carob, water); lunch - my sauerkraut; dinner - my sauerkraut; snack - 4 red apples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 22, 2015 04:17PM

I had only 4 hrs to sleep night, for some reason, even if it was quiet in the house. I ended up using my homemade ear plugs again, as I can't sacrifice my sleep and my sanity. I need my sleep. I'm so tired right now. I might try not using them in the future, but now I do miss my sleep.

My food for yesterday: breakfast - 2 l choco banana milk (15 bananas - mostly small ones, 4 tsp raw carob, water); snack - a little bit of my sauerkraut and 500 ml sauerkraut juice; dinner - 5 large red apples.

Starting today I'm going to eat more apples as I have a very tight budget and I can't afford much. So I might even go on an apple island, though I miss my bananas (I still have some bananas in my wardrobe now ripening).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 23, 2015 11:08AM

Last night I made myself some tiny and very effective sleeping ear plugs out of soft paper towels, and I went to bed at 10:10 pm. I slept almost 11 great hours and now I feel better. Such a huge difference when I'm using my ear plugs.

Today I started my day with a huge choco banana milk (15 medium bananas = 2.5 l), these are the last ripe bananas. I still have some more yellow ones, and less spotty, almost no spots actually, so they will take more time to ripen. I also want to buy some juicing oranges.

My food for yesterday: breakfast - 5 medium apples and 2 large red apples; lunch - 500 g of my sauerkraut; dinner - 7 red apples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 24, 2015 07:12AM

I slept 8 hrs last night, went to bed at 12:10 am, I couldn't sleep more this morning, I woke up at 8 am. Tonight I hope I'll go to bed at 10 pm again.

My food for yesterday: breakfast - my choco banana milk (15 medium bananas, 5 tsp raw carob, water = 2.5 l); dinner 1 - 500 g of my sauerkraut and 500 ml sauerkraut juice; dinner 2 - 3 medium red apples and 2 large red apples.

I'm kind of tired and sleepy today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 24, 2015 06:27PM

My food for yesterday: breakfast: 2 l choco banana milk (13 medium bananas, 4 tsp raw carob, water); lunch: 500 g of my sauerkraut; dinner 1: 500 g of my sauerkraut and 500 ml sauerkraut juice; dinner 2: 6 red apples.

I finished all my sauerkraut, today I had the last jar. I'm now ready for the fresh fruits/veggies of spring smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 25, 2015 11:17AM

This morning after church I went straight to the fruit/veggie market, as the weather is warmer and sunny. I missed going to the market so much! When I arrived there, everything was so beautiful and fresh, an explosion of greens: spinach, stingy nettle, lettuce, spring onion, spring garlic, radishes, parsley, dill, plus lots of apples, mushrooms, carrots and other veggies. One of the fruit vendors, a very nice lady who knows me as I buy from her from time to time, asked me if I want to buy a box of spotty bananas that she had in the warehouse. She offered me a discount price for around 18 kilos of spotty bananas. I told her I need to talk to my husband to come with me with his car, to help me carry them home. It's around $20 for the whole box. It was so nice of her and it was cool I happened to go to the market on this exact day. Meanwhile I bought 8 almost ripe huge bananas for today (no spots, bright yellow, but soft), 2 large heads of butter lettuce, 1 bunch of small red radishes, 1 bunch of fresh dill, 7 tomatoes for the sauce. Prices are still a bit high, but I love buying from the fruit/veggie market ( no more buying from the supermarket...yay!).

I'm now celebrating spring with a huge choco banana milk smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 25, 2015 07:10PM

I love shopping to local markets, they are so charming, and seeing the peasants selling the produce from their crops is so lovely. And it smells so fresh everywhere.

Regarding these bananas, I haven't decided yet, I talked to my husband and he said it's too much money and the bananas will be ripe all at the same time and I will have to eat them fast, which I don't like to be conditioned to eat large quantities in a short time. Plus I no longer have access to freezer and fridge to store them and make nice cream. Plus I kinda don't crave bananas right now (I just finished this huge choco banana milk, I made 2 large jars, I struggled to finish them the whole day today, I had one for lunch and one for dinner, and I'm full).

I'm craving lots of greens, I'm craving fresh spinach badly. Tomorrow I am going to the local market again to get fresh spinach and also fresh parsley - I've always loved parsley in my cooked tomato soups, so I figured I'll love parsley in my raw tomato soups as well. I need to get my greens on smiling bouncing smiley

My food for today, February 25:

- lunch - 1.7 l choco banana milk (4 medium bananas, 4 large bananas, 3 tsp raw carob, lots of water)

- dinner - 1.3 l choco banana milk (4 small bananas, 4 very large bananas, 3 tsp raw carob, lots of water).

Calories: 1805. Carbs: 92.8%. Proteins: 4.1%. Fats: 3.1%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 27, 2015 01:50PM

My menu for yesterday, February 26, 2015:

- 2 large red apples and 7 small red apples (lunch)
- dinner: raw spinach puree, cauliflower rice, tomato parsley sauce, tomato dill sauce, 3 red radishes, butter lettuce leaves (in total I used: 500 g raw spinach, half a head of cauliflower, 6 tomatoes, few sprigs of parsley, 1/2 a bunch of dill)
- raw carob (for the taste)

Calories: 1124. Carbs: 86.8%. Proteins: 7.7%. Fats: 5.5%.

The spinach puree was very smooth. The spinach leaves were very tender, the stems were sweet. The spinach puree got bitter after a while, I guess I should've eaten it right away, but I waited until I finished all the preparations. The parsley tasted bitter too. The cauliflower was very sweet. I don't mind the bitterness, because this meal was full of nutrients: vitamin A, K, C, E, B complex, copper, iron, folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, calcium, phosphorus, protein, omega-3, fiber. I was full after this dinner, but it made me crave sweet fruits...
Not many cals yesterday, but I was away for half a day.

And I have to say this: yesterday after this green dinner, I felt incredibly amazing, so happy, so peaceful and so nourished. Don't get me wrong, I feel amazing on sweet fruits, but this time it was a different feeling, like I was nourished on every level, in a different way. Maybe my body replenished the minerals that he was lacking in. And this morning I woke up feeling very relaxed and with a ton of energy. I also had an amazing restful night sleep (10 hrs).

A while ago I saw an affordable juicer, that makes cold pressed green juices (it's not electrical, but mechanical, manual, it has a spiral inside that presses the greens).

So I thought of buying a slow juicer to make green juice few times a week, if not everyday.

So I talked to a local health shop here, they had it for a discount price, it had wonderful reviews, especially when used for leafy greens (and also a friend of mine has it and he is very pleased with it, he wanted to give it to me for a while in the past).

So I decided to buy it, here it's around $55. I went to this shop and came back with this Lexen juicer, looking forward to using it this afternoon. They say it's suitable for root veggies as well, and for celery, and for softer fruits like apples, even oranges, but the main indication is to be used for leafy greens, that's the purpose it has been designed for. I'll only use it for leafy greens smiling bouncing smiley

This is the Lexen juicer: [www.youtube.com]

[www.juicersaustralia.com.au]

I might even start drinking wheatgrass juice, as this is the main purpose of this juicer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 01:54PM by Ela2013.

Date: February 27, 2015 08:15PM

I just made and drank 450 ml spinach juice from 500 g spinach. I searched spinach juice benefits and there are many reasons why my body craved raw spinach so badly. I also learned that the spinach variety we have here is curly spinach or "crinkly-leaf spinach variety":

[juicing-for-health.com]

My menu for today, February 27, 2015:

- 6 red apples (breakfast)
- 6 red apples (lunch)
- pre dinner: 450 ml fresh spinach juice (from 500 g raw spinach)
- dinner: cauliflower tomato dill puree, 200 g butter lettuce, 4 red radishes (in total I used: half a head of cauliflower, 4 tomatoes, 1/2 a bunch of dill)

The spinach juice was so tasty, so nourishing, I feel amazing again afterwards. The slow manual juicer works so great, I'm so happy I bought it, it's such a good investment for health. And it's so much fun to use it, it works so easy and it's so easy to clean. I won't juice every day, but definitely few times a week. It takes about an hour to slowly juice half a kilo of spinach, but it's so worth it. No bitterness in spinach this time, btw smiling smiley

Calories: 1293. Carbs: 87.1%. Proteins: 7.5%. Fats: 5.4%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: February 28, 2015 02:59PM

I believe this spinach juice triggered the long-awaited detox (due to recently eating those frozen veggies). Starting last night, I've been feeling nauseous, with huge headache, feeling like vomiting, a nasty taste in my mouth. I slept ok though. Today I woke up feeling tired, weak, dizzy, with the same symptoms as last night, plus now fever, muscle aches, chills and hot flashes, burning eyes. Plus this whole time, my hip has been hurting like crazy. I don't have much of an appetite either, I only ate after noon, some red apples. I plan on drinking lots of water and resting. I also read that nausea can be triggered by drinking too much green juice at once, as green juice is very powerful and cleaning the body at a fast rate. So the advice on this is to have smaller quantities of green juice at first, then to gradually increase the amounts (this applies to juicing beginners like me).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 01, 2015 02:46PM

Feeling better today, no more fever, still headache, hip pain, weakness, plus I had to clean my nose a lot. I had a good night sleep though.

I did a lot of research yesterday about green juices, liver detox, and I found out that sauerkraut, cabbage, cauliflower and apples are especially good for liver detox. I've been eating A LOT of these lately, which may have triggered this detox too. And especially spinach is a huge aid in detoxing the liver. I'll be making spinach juice again next week, but smaller quantities. I listened to John Kohler in a video about juicing spinach and he said he doesn't recommend drinking straight spinach juice, but 25% spinach juice and 75% other veggie juice (like celery, cucumber). He also mentioned rotating your greens, like using spinach one day, kale the next day, lettuce the following day. But here we only have imported very expensive kale (it's around $30/kg). And I like eating/chewing lettuce better (but maybe I'll try lettuce juice in the future). But in the summer we have a type of leafy greens similar to collard greens, I tasted them last summer and they were good and sweet.

Yesterday I bought 7 kilos of good bananas and I put them in my wardrobe to ripen. Also yesterday morning after church service I got a very spotty sweet banana from a dear friend from church, I told her I wasn't feeling well so she gave it to me, to give me energy. I was delighted to hear her saying that "the banana looks kind of bad (meaning with huge brown spots all over it, and soft), but this is how a ripe banana should be, it's most delicious now". She actually appreciates ripe spotty bananas, that's a pretty rare thing here. So sweet of her smiling smiley

My menu for February 28, 2015:

- 1 very ripe sweet banana (a gift) (pre breakfast)
- 9 red apples (breakfast)
- dinner: cauliflower tomato dill puree, 1 head of butter lettuce, 4 red radishes, 1 long sweet pepper, 1 small cucumber (in total I used: half a head of cauliflower, 3 tomatoes, 1/2 a bunch of dill)
- snack: 4 small local Starkinson apples and 1 red apple

Calories: 1395. Carbs: 92.5%. Proteins: 3.7%. Fats: 3.8%.

Ever since going raw vegan, I noticed a new tooth growing on the upper row, the left side, the last position in the back of the row. At first it was the size of a needle point, but now is much larger and solid, almost the size of a regular tooth. It doesn't bother me as it's in line with the previous teeth. I experienced no pain whatsoever. I heard it can be a late wisdom tooth. I read that it's a sort of anomaly and it can sometime grow on the palate of the mouth, or in between other teeth. I'm happy I have it growing as a normal tooth. Has anyone else experienced this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 01, 2015 09:13PM

My menu for today, March 01, 2015:

- 2 extra-small bananas (not very ripe, but they were ok) (morning snack, I was out to the local market, I picked them up from a supermarket)
- 8 red apples (breakfast)
- dinner: parsley tomato sauce (2 tomatoes, 1 bunch of parsley); cauliflower tomato dill puree (1/2 head of cauliflower, 4 tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of dill); 1 head of butter lettuce, 4 red radishes, 1 tomato (dinner)
- 6 local small Starkinson apples and 1 red apple (snack)

Calories: 1633. Carbs: 90.6%. Proteins: 5%. Fats: 4.4%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 03, 2015 07:40PM

My menu:

March 02, 2015:

- 14 extra-small local Starkinson apples (breakfast)
- 3 red apples (snack)
- 1 head of butter lettuce (dinner 1)
- 7 red apples (dinner 2)

Calories: 1727. Carbs: 94.7%. Proteins: 2.3%. Fats: 3%

March 03, 2015:

- 3 mandarines and 2 oranges (snack)
- 1.7 l mandarine, orange and pink grapefruit juice (from 13 mandarines, 8 oranges and 1 pink grapefruit) (breakfast)
- 1 head of butter lettuce (dinner 1)
- 17 extra-small local Jonathan apples (dinner 2)
- choco cream: 1 small banana (not spotty, but very bruised so I had to eat it to prevent spoiling) and 3 tsp raw carob (snack)

Calories: 2209. Carbs: 92%. Proteins: 4.5%. Fats: 3.5%

I'm feeling better. On Saturday I bought 5 kg of our local tiny Jonathan apples, organic, from our local market. Yesterday I bought almost 8 kg citrus (1.6 kg mandarines and 6 kg oranges) for juicing. That pink grapefruit was given to me by a nice lady in church. Today's mixed juice was very good, I'll do that more often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 04, 2015 07:08PM

My menu for today, March 04, 2015:

- 2 l orange juice (from 32 small oranges) (breakfast)
- choco cream: sparkling water and 7 tsp raw carob (snack 1)
- choco cream: sparkling water and 7 tsp raw carob (snack 2)
- 10 extra-small local Jonathan apples (dinner)

Calories: 1532. Carbs: 92.7%. Proteins: 4.9%. Fats: 2.4%

Today's oranges were 4 kilos with the peel. But the peels were 2 kilos, so I only had 2 kilos of edible produce. Which is a huge waste of money, like out of 4 kilos of produce I actually only bought 2 kilos of edible produce.

Yesterday's juice was actually made of only 2 kilos of edible produce (the same math there too), so yesterday I had 2114 cals total (instead of 2209).

I guess this is the downside of fruits with peel, like citrus, bananas, watermelon. You win some, but then again you lose some as well.

Today's juice wasn't that sweet, those oranges were kind of sour and some were not that juicy. So I really needed that sweet intense dark carob cream after those oranges...I guess citrus season is almost over here.

This evening I bought: 6.3 kilos of good bananas (still yellow, they need ripening badly) and 9.25 kilos of large red apples. Total cost: around $16. I didn't carry the produce this time, my husband came with me, we went to the supermarket with his car smiling smiley

At first I also wanted to buy 7 tomatoes and 1 bunch of dill for the sauce, 4 zucchinis for the spaghetti, 2 cucumbers and 2 beautiful red sweet peppers, 1 bunch of red radishes and a 500 g box of cherry tomatoes, total cost around $8. I put them in the shopping cart, but then I realized that I would be eating all these veggies this evening as my dinner, and they were very expensive, and I just couldn't afford them. So I told my husband to unload the veggies and just keep the bananas and the apples. It was very sad, but I had to face the reality, though I was crying inside. So I'm hoping prices will drop a lot very soon, or else I'll get tired of apples. I also had something that seemed to be a nervous breakdown, meaning I got very irritated all of the sudden, as I was thinking I can't actually sustain myself with mostly apples and the occassional ripe bananas. Plus the negative environment I'm constantly living in. Plus the fact that my hands are basically tied right now as the only thing I can do is cope with all of these. I guess they all overflow me and I need to get them out of my soul...

The other night I had a weird dream: I had something to put in the fridge (even though I no longer have access to the fridge here), so I went in the kitchen, opened the fridge, and it was cramming full of bags with all kinds of raw meat that started to fall off from the shelves as I opened the door. I was terrified, so I closed the fridge and went back to my room. What a gross dream, I know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 05, 2015 10:16PM

My menu for today, March 05, 2015:

- 17 extra-small local Jonathan apples (breakfast)
- some raw carob
- zucchini spaghetti with zucchini tomato dill sauce (3 zucchini, 7 tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of dill); white cabbage salad (200 g raw white cabbage, lemon juice); 1 short cucumber, 1 large red sweet pepper, 6 red radishes, 6 cherry tomatoes (dinner)

Calories: 1340. Carbs: 89.2%. Proteins: 5.6%. Fats: 5.2%

This evening I bought: 3 lemons, 1 large white cabbage (3 kg) for salad, 2 short cucumbers, 2 large red sweet peppers, 1 bunch of dill, 2 bunches of red radishes (on offer, 2 for the price of 1), a box of 500 g cherry tomatoes, 3 medium zucchinis, 1.875 kg bananas. Total cost: $11.44.

Today's dinner was delicious, I've been craving it so I had to buy all the ingredients after all. I realized I can't just live on apples.

This time I chopped the cabbage in the food processor, it was incredibly easy and it chopped finely, it blended great with the lemon juice and it was easier to chew/eat and digest. I'll stick to this new method from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 06, 2015 01:47PM

I have another problem, this time about me.

Ever since I had that spinach juice, I've been having sharp pain in my left and right side at the waist level. It's been a week now and the pain didn't go away. It was on left side at first, then it moved to the right side, and now it's in both sides, but still mostly on the right side. I sometimes feel it in the back too, and it is intense at times, but it's a constant dull pain most of the time. This past week I also increased my intake of apples, plus I've been eating large amounts of sauerkraut for so long.

I checked on the internet and there could be the following problems: IBS, kidney stones, gallblader stones or fructose malabsorbtion. The symptoms are somehow mutual for those illnesses, and I had all of them: fever, nausea/vomiting, sharp pain, change in bowel movements, urge to go to the bathroom, feeling the bowel wasn't emptied, headaches, backaches, depression (I must say I've had several days of depression this past week).

I had IBS before in the past, and the doctor recommended lots of water and no raw fruits/veggies, just cooked ones. Back then I used to get sharp pain just by eating half an apricot. At that time I started drinking lots of water and I felt better (but back then I kind of hardly ever drank water - I did enjoy cola or pepsi though).

I also read that it could be because of the calcium build-up in the kidneys. My guess is that I messed up with my digestive system and stomach due to: too much sauerkraut, too many apples, too much spinach at once (oxalic acid). Another culprit could be the supplement D2 I take, which also contains marine calcium, which maybe deposited in the kidneys.

I'd love to eat less apples and more bananas and other sweet fruits/veggies, but there is the money issue. I decided I'll never make sauerkraut again, as one cause of my pain can be the overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut, and I'm sure there was bad bacteria in my sauerkraut as well, since it was made by me at home and not by specialists who do know how to properly make sauerkraut. There is always a risk involved when you make food at home by yourself.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd love to read them.

Thank you so much.

Date: March 07, 2015 10:31AM

My menu for yesterday, March 06, 2015:

- 12 extra-small local Jonathan apples (breakfast)
- some raw carob
- zoodles with tomato zucchini dill sauce (2 zucchini, 5 tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of dill); white cabbage salad (400 g raw white cabbage, lemon juice); 1 short cucumber, 1 large red sweet pepper, 6 red radishes, 6 cherry tomatoes (dinner)

Calories: 1140. Carbs: 89%. Proteins: 6.1%. Fats: 5%

Yesterday evening I bought: 6.365 kg mandarines, 2 short cucumbers, 2 large red sweet peppers, 2 bunches of dill, 2 bunches of red radishes (on offer, 2 for the price of 1), 2 boxes of 500 g cherry tomatoes, 4 medium zucchinis, 1.330 kg tomatoes, 1 long cucumber, 3 carrots. Total cost: $17.78.

The zoodles were so good, I can't wait for the summer when they are so cheap, like less than 50 cents/kg. The cabbage was great chopped like this, I made a new batch yesterday and I chopped it even smaller in the food processor, so it looked like cabbage rice smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 07, 2015 08:42PM

My menu for today, March 07, 2015:

- 6 large mandarines (breakfast)
- some raw carob
- 3 large red apples (lunch 1)
- 3 large apples (lunch 2)
- zoodles with tomato zucchini dill sauce (2 zucchini, 7 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); white cabbage and carrot salad (400 g raw white cabbage, lemon juice, 1 carrot); 1 short cucumber, 1/2 large red sweet pepper, 6 red radishes, 6 cherry tomatoes (dinner)

Calories: 1517. Carbs: 89.4%. Proteins: 5.7%. Fats: 4.9%

The zoodles were delicious, they turned out different, that's what I love about this lifestyle - that the same recipe doesn't turn out the same way, even if using the same ingredients (it even turns out tastier). The cabbage "rice" was great with the carrot chopped finely in the food processor - like carrot "rice" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 08:43PM by Ela2013.

Date: March 08, 2015 01:20PM

It could just be a UTI. Better get a doctor to look at it than the Internet. If it is kidney stones, lemon juice can dissolve them.

It's funny and sort of sad that doctors would recommend cooked vegetables (probably only because most people don't think of raw veggies and fruits as anything but salad) but then also tell you to increase water and fiber. Two things few veggies and fruit have in abundance plus a ability to heal, especially raw juice.

I hope you're feeling better!

Date: March 08, 2015 09:07PM

My menu for today, March 08, 2015:

- 2.5 l choco banana milk (15 bananas, 6 tsp raw carob, water - most of my bananas are ripe smiling bouncing smiley ) (lunch)
- coodles (cucumber noodles) with tomato dill sauce (1 long cucumber, 1 short cucumber), 7 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); white cabbage and carrot salad (400 g raw white cabbage, lemon juice, 2 carrots); 1 large red sweet pepper, 9 red radishes, 6 cherry tomatoes (dinner)

Calories: 2023. Carbs: 89.4%. Proteins: 6.3%. Fats: 4.4%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 09, 2015 11:32AM

My friends, I need your help again.

I just had a terribly painful crisis, an excruciating pain, I thought I was going to die. I woke up this morning feeling fine. I started drinking water throughout 2 hours, taking sips at times, not gulping it down, and I started getting sharp pain in my left side under rib cage and at waist level. Then I got the same pain in the right side. I got out of bed to make my choco banana milk and while preparing it, the pain got worse, all through my waist and my lower back, in my stomach and on the sides. I couldn't handle it, it was extremely strong.

I went to the bathroom, I had spasms in my stomach. I finally had a bowel movement but the elimination was ok, not diarrhea, not constipated. But the sharp pain was huge, I was basically thinking I would die, it was so unbearable. I never had this pain before. Then I felt nausea, like vomiting (but I didn't vomit), I had cold swets and feeling very cold. I started praying and the pain slowly diminished. I finally got up and I was shaking. I looked in the mirror and my face was paper-white with a dash of green. I slowly crawled in my bed.

This morning I just took few bites of banana and a bit of raw carob while making the smoothie. And the B12 first thing in the morning. Last night before going to bed I took the Ca D2 powder. I need to search on the Internet what caused this awful event. The pain I was mentioning first in this topic never went away, just diminished at times, especially after drinking more water. But I've been having stomach spasms all this time. I'm afraid to eat anything, though I have my smoothie by my side. I'm still shaky, weak, feeling cold, my face is still white, and I feel a light dull pain in my stomach.

Any idea/suggestion is so helpful. Thank you so much.

Date: March 09, 2015 01:06PM

Also, during elimination, I sensed a smell of medication/ammonia. And the pain got worse when I tried to stay straight or even stand up, I was forced to stay bended on my lap/knees.

Date: March 09, 2015 02:02PM

This illustrates exactly how I felt:

[kidneystonewebsite.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 10, 2015 07:52AM

My menu for yesterday, March 09, 2015:

- 2.5 l choco banana milk (15 bananas, 7 tsp raw carob, water - most of my bananas are ripe emoticon smile ) (brunch)
- zoodles with tomato zucchini dill sauce (2 good size zucchinis), 7 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); white cabbage and carrot salad (400 g raw white cabbage, lemon juice, 1 carrot); 1 cucumber, 1 large red sweet pepper, 9 red radishes, 7 cherry tomatoes (dinner)

Calories: 2043. Carbs: 89.2%. Proteins: 6.3%. Fats: 4.6%

I prepared the banana milk for breakfast, but I postponed it due to the painful event. So I slowly ate it throughout the morning and noon. In the evening I made the zoodles and ate them in two parts, gradually.

Date: March 14, 2015 11:24AM

My menu:

March 10, 2015:

- 7 large mandarines (breakfast)
- 2.5 l choco banana milk (15 bananas, 7 tsp raw carob, water) (lunch)
- 4 strips of red sweet pepper, 7 red radishes, a box of 500 g cherry tomatoes (dinner)
- 1 large red apple (snack)

Calories: 2262. Carbs: 91.8%. Proteins: 4.5%. Fats: 3.7%

I ate the smoothie in 2 parts, as it was very filling. I didn't want to eat anything else after dinner, but few hours later I was having a hunger attack, so I had a beautiful large red apple.

The mandarines were sweet and juicy, I read that citrus is great for kidneys.

I searched a lot on the internet and I finally gave up drinking "carbonated drinking water" (this is how it's called, or "table water"winking smiley. It's basically regular water (either from underground sources, or pipes, or from rivers, lakes, or sea water which has salt removed) to which industrially-made carbon dioxide is added. It's actually the worst "bubbly" water to drink and also the cheapest. I read it should just be called "water for human consumption". So it's actually just like regular tap water, only with bubbles. And to think that I've been drinking it for so many years...
Searching some more, I chose a very good trusted brand of our local still natural sparkling water (no bubbles), which I used to drink in the past, and I liked it. And it has a good price too (though not the cheapest).

March 11, 2015:

- 10 medium mandarines (breakfast)
- 2.5 l choco banana milk (15 bananas, 7 tsp raw carob, water) (lunch)
- 3 large red apples (dinner)

Calories: 2423. Carbs: 92.6%. Proteins: 4%. Fats: 3.4%

March 12, 2015:

- 10 medium mandarines (breakfast)
- 2.5 l choco banana milk (14 bananas, 7 tsp raw carob, water) (lunch)
- 3 large red apples (dinner)

Calories: 1977. Carbs: 92.6%. Proteins: 3.9%. Fats: 3.4%

March 13, 2015:

- 7 small mandarines (breakfast 1)
- choco banana cream (5 extra-small bananas, 10 tsp raw carob) (breakfast 2)
- 3 large red apples (lunch 1)
- 3 large red apples (lunch 2)
- cabbage and carrot salad (200 g red cabbage, lemon juice, 3 small carrots); cauliflower tomato dill puree (350 g cauliflower, 4 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); 1/2 sweet red pepper, 12 small red radishes, 1/3 long cucumber (dinner)

Calories: 1716. Carbs: 90.6%. Proteins: 5.2%. Fats: 4.3%

Yesterday I bought 10 large beautiful mandarines, 20 tomatoes, 2 very sweet red peppers, 3 bunches of dill, 1 large cauliflower, 1 red cabbage, a bag of 1 kg carrots, 2 bunches of red radishes, 1 net of 500 g lemons, 1 long cucumber. It was around $13. Which was literally my last money until March 27. No worries though, I'm sure I'l be ok.

I'm doing well with the no bubbly water, I like the still water, I've been drinking a lot of water lately, especially when waking up, before breakfast.
I still have some dull and sometimes sharp pain, but no attack so far. Still, ever since I had the 450 ml spinach juice, I feel something has definitely changed in my assimilation of nutrients, my digestion and my elimination, everything seems and feels different, and not necessarily in a good way. I'm not sure what to think yet, I'll wait and see...I lost 2.6 kg and a few cm here and there, since January this year, maybe due to all the pain and stress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 11:29AM by Ela2013.

Date: March 15, 2015 03:04PM

My menu for yesterday, March 14, 2015:

- 5 large mandarines (breakfast)
- 5 large red apples (lunch)
- cabbage and carrot salad with tomato sauce (200 g red cabbage, lemon juice, 2 small carrots, 2 tomatoes); cauliflower tomato dill puree (500 g cauliflower, 6 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); 1/2 sweet red pepper, 6 small red radishes, 1/3 long cucumber (dinner)

I love the colours of the red cabbage and of the red cabbage and carrot salad, they are so vibrant.
The mandarines were sweet and juicy.
The dinner was great and filling. Chopped this way in the food processor, the carrots become incredibly sweet.

Calories: 1370. Carbs: 88.3%. Proteins: 6.5%. Fats: 5.2%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 16, 2015 01:37PM

My menu for yesterday, March 15, 2015:

- 1 large red apple (snack)
- 4 large mandarines (lunch 1)
- choco banana cream (5 medium bananas, 10 tsp raw carob) (lunch 2)
- cabbage and carrot salad with tomato sauce (200 g red cabbage, lemon juice, 2 small carrots, 2 tomatoes); cauliflower tomato dill puree (500 g cauliflower, 6 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill); 1/2 sweet red pepper, 6 small red radishes, 1/3 long cucumber (dinner)

The mandarines were totally amazing, so very sweet, I love this type of mandarines.
The choco banana cream was incredible, so delicious, better than any traditional choco cream.
I loved the red cabbage and carrot salad, it's my new favourite.

Calories: 1336. Carbs: 88.5%. Proteins: 6.8%. Fats: 4.7%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 17, 2015 09:38AM

My menu for yesterday, March 16, 2015:

- cabbage and carrot salad (300 g red cabbage, lemon juice, 3 large carrots); separately, another 3 large carrots, chopped in the food processor; cauliflower tomato dill puree (500 g cauliflower, 4 tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of dill); 1/2 sweet red pepper, 3 small red radishes, 1/3 long cucumber (breakfast)
- 6 large red apples (lunch)
- 1 banana (snack)
- 3 bananas (dinner)

Calories: 1522. Carbs: 90.4%. Proteins: 5.5%. Fats: 4.2%

The bananas were incredibly sweet, I loved them.
Yesterday evening I went shopping, I got 1 red cabbage, 1 net of 500 g lemons, 7.2 kg large red apples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables