Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Date: March 17, 2015 07:40PM

I was wondering if you still juice? Playing with BFF's has made me really want one, but I don't know if I would use it regularly enough to make that sort of investment. Hers was over $200.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 18, 2015 11:16AM

I haven't juiced since that one time spinach juice. I've been dealing with this crisis and then regular sharp pain, so I took a break from juicing. As soon as summer comes here, I plan to juice again, but this time milder greens like lettuce, parsley. Now it's cold again and I don't feel like juicing any way. But I don't regret buying that manual slow juicer, it's a healthy investment, it was around $50. Here is the link: [www.amazon.com]

My menu for yesterday, March 17, 2015:

- 6 large red apples (breakfast)
- 5 bananas (lunch)
- red cabbage salad (400 g red cabbage, lemon juice) (dinner)
- 3 large red apples (snack)

Calories: 1592. Carbs: 93.7%. Proteins: 3.3%. Fats: 3%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: March 19, 2015 11:04AM

My menu for yesterday, March 18, 2015:

- 5 large red apples (breakfast)
- red cabbage salad (400 g red cabbage, lemon juice) (lunch)
- 2 large red apples (snack)
- red cabbage salad (400 g red cabbage, lemon juice) (dinner)
- 2 absolutely huge red apples (snack)

Calories: 1592. Carbs: 93.7%. Proteins: 3.3%. Fats: 3%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 22, 2015 06:58PM

March 19 - March 21, 2015:

- apples
- mandarines
- cauliflower tomato dill puree with cucumber, red pepper, red radishes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 26, 2015 07:59PM

March 12 - March 26, 2015:

- apples
- cauliflower tomato dill mash with cucumber and red radishes
- raw carrots
- zoodles with tomato dill zucchini sauce, with cucumber and red radishes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 28, 2015 12:38PM

My menu for yesterday, March 27, 2015:

- 11 large mandarines (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (6 zucchinis, 3 tomatoes, 1 and 1/2 bunch of dill), next to 1/2 long cucumber and 3 red radishes (dinner)
- 1 red apple (snack)

Water: 2 l (still water).

Calories: 994.2. Carbs: 85.6%. Proteins: 7.5%. Fats: 6.9%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 25, 2015 10:20AM

What I've been eating lately:

- local Jonathan apples
- large Idared apples
- bananas (a gift from my friend)
- large mandarins, very sweet and juicy
- zoodles with zucchini cauliflower tomato dill sauce, next to salad of white cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice
- zoodles with zucchini sweet red pepper cauliflower tomato dill sauce, next to English cucumber, red radishes and a salad of red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice.

What I recently bought: around 8 kg beautiful red Idared apples, 8.7 kg large sweet juicy mandarins, 1.6 kg tomatoes, 600 g kiwis, 7 kg zucchinis, 2.2 kg large lemons, 4 sweet red peppers.

What I've been doing lately: I finished week 1 of my treatment (the first 5 working days, as I have a break for the weekend) - procedures of electrical therapy, plus 1 hr of gym (exercises for my hip and stationary bike); I've been spending a lot of time outside in the sun, getting free vitamin D - while walking in the sun I was happy to sing "vitamin D, please come into me" - haha, it rhymes smiling smiley ; the weather here is very warm now, around 23 degrees C during the day, so I've been walking in the center of the town, then sitting on a bench in the sun, while eating wonderful mandarins from my container, already peeled and sliced; I've been going shopping also while eating my large crunchy Idared apples on the way; I've been spending less / no time at the laptop, because I'd rather be out in the sun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2015 10:24AM by Ela2013.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:22PM

Yesterday I went shopping in a very large supermarket near the entrance to our town, and for the first time I saw "face to face" and touched the following: plantains (rather greenish, very large, about 400 g each; red bananas, small and thich, similar to apple bananas or finger bananas; fresh young coconuts, large, greenish skin, but coated with a white transparent wax, especially on the top where you make the hole to drink the water, and there was mold on that spot; carob pods (from Croatia, it said on the price label). The prices were high, but somehow still affordable, like almost $4/kg of plantains, $10/kg of carob pods. But they weren't tempting, I wasn't craving those, though I would love to drink water from fresh young coconuts, but I doubted the freshness of those coconuts, due to the moldy appearance. But it was surely lovely to get to see those exotic fruits, which I've never seen and touched before.

My menu from April 25 to April 27, 2015:

- large Idared apples
- red Idared apples
- sweet and juicy mandarins
- zoodles with zucchini cauliflower tomato dill sauce, next to sweet red peppers, local cucumbers, red radishes, and a salad of red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice
- cauliflower rice with tomato dill sauce, with a salad of red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to sweet red pepper, local cucumbers, red radishes

What I recently bought: 3.2 kg red Idared apples, 4.6 kg large sweet juicy mandarins, 2.3 kg tomatoes, 4 large bunches of fresh dill, with roots, very nice, 1 kg local short cucumbers (similar to pickling cucumbers).

I started week 2 of my treatment. I've been spending again a lot of time outside in the sun, getting a nice tan smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 29, 2015 01:45PM

My menu for yesterday, April 28, 2015:

- 3 red Idared apples
- 10 sweet and juicy mandarins
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of local cucumbers, red radishes, fresh dill, lemon juice

The salad was so nice, so refreshing, I loved it.

I used 5 large zucchini for the zoodles, they turned into a huge meal, delicious as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 30, 2015 02:25PM

My menu for yesterday, April 29, 2015:

- 3 red Idared apples
- cauliflower rice with tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice

The salad was so colourful, it's incredible how beautiful raw veggies are, and how the colours changed after adding the lemon juice.

I love these mandarins so much that today I went to the same supermarket and bought 6 kg of them. And 2 kg of those red crunchy Idared apples - they are from Poland, so if I ever visit Poland, I'll be very happy smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: April 30, 2015 07:59PM

My menu for today, April 30, 2015:

- 7 red Idared apples
- plain cauliflower rice mixed with salad of red cabbage, carrots, lemon juice (dinner leftovers from yesterday) (again, beautiful colours)
- cauliflower tomato dill mash
- cauliflower mash with lemon juice (a lot of juice, from 2 large juicy lemons) and dill

I just read on the Romanian forum that one girl is taking into consideration going raw vegan for no set period (maybe it will turn into indefinitely). She is on vacation and has been reading about raw vegan diet for the past 3 days. She has been eating fruits, veggie salads and some nuts/seeds, she said she has been eating not necessarily for hunger, but for the pleasure of it, she enjoyed the food, she ate large portions. I'm looking forward to her future decision and diet. She has been feeling great so far. This is awsome news smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 02, 2015 11:44AM

My menu for yesterday, May 01, 2015:

- 4 red Idared apples
- 11 sweet and juicy mandarins
- zoodles with tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce, dill, English cucumber and lemon juice (3 large zucchinis, 6 tomatoes, half a bunch of dill, half a head of butter lettuce, half an English cucumber, the juice of 1 lemon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 03, 2015 02:09PM

My menu for yesterday, May 02, 2015:

- 1 red Idared apple
- 6 kiwifruits
- 5 red Idared apples
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce, dill, English cucumber and lemon juice (3 large zucchinis, 6 tomatoes, half a bunch of dill, half a head of butter lettuce, half an English cucumber, the juice of 1 lemon)

Calories: 1611. Carbs: 86.9%. Proteins: 6.6%. Fats: 6.5%

Today I bought 8 large zucchinis, 12 tomatoes and 2 large bunches of fresh dill.

I also saw in the supermarket the most beautiful delicious gooey fresh dates, like the ones I've seen in the Youtube videos. They were in small 600 g white cardboard boxes, labelled as "Juicy Dates", 100% natural, from Bam region in Iran. There was even one opened box for tasting, but I didn't taste them, I just examined them closely. They indeed looked juicy, moist, sweet. The price was high but affordable, around $4/600 g box. It was something lovely to see smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 04, 2015 12:48PM

My menu for yesterday, May 03, 2015:

- 6 red Idared apples
- 11 sweet and juicy mandarins
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (4 large zucchinis, 6 tomatoes, 1 large bunch of dill)

Calories: 1425. Carbs: 86.8%. Proteins: 6.6%. Fats: 6.6%

That was truly an EPIC zoodle dinner smiling bouncing smiley

I read on the Romanian forum that one girl is taking into consideration going raw vegan for no set period (maybe it will turn into indefinitely). She is on vacation and has been reading about raw vegan diet for the past days. She has been eating fruits, veggie salads and some nuts/seeds, she said she has been eating not necessarily for hunger, but for the pleasure of it, she enjoyed the food, she ate large portions. I'm looking forward to her future decision and diet. She has been feeling great so far. This is awsome news smiling smiley

She recently sent me messages saying that she likes my menu and asking me about the benefits I experienced on this lifestyle. I told her all the good stuff and she is interested in losing weight while eating a lot and getting rid of her acne. And having a more organized menu, as she likes grazing a lot. This is good news - seeing another raw vegan fellow on a forum of meat eaters smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 07, 2015 12:43PM

My menu for these days:

May 04, 2015:

- 12 red Idared apples
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, fresh dill, lemon juice

May 05, 2015:

- 3 red Idared apples
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, fresh dill, lemon juice
- 2 red Idared apples
- 3 red Idared apples

May 06, 2015:

- 11 red Idared apples
- 2 oranges and 1 mandarin

I like mixing the lemon juice with the fresh dill first, then adding it to my lettuce and cucumbers, this way everything mixes well together.

These days I've been buying: 4.8 kg zucchinis, 6.7 kg tomatoes, 1 kg lemons, 1 kg local cucumbers (the summer ones, so happy), 3 large bunches of fresh dill, 2 kg local Jonathan apples.

Today I bought 10.3 kg oranges - I tasted them yesterday in town, they were so good, so I bought more smiling bouncing smiley

The weather is wonderful again, few rain showers here and there, but they are like summer ones, with thunder and lightning, there was a great one very early this morning, I've been walking a lot and enjoying the spring/early summer (while having my fruits with me).

I had a bad period of time with my hands, the skin was so harsh and painful, red at times, and this happened because I washed some socks using regular soap (loaded with chemicals) without putting on my washing gloves. So my skin reacted severely bad. I kept using coconut oil / shea butter on my hands ever since (I usually use coconut oil instead of hand cream, and shea butter as a lip balm), and my hands are finally getting better, after more than a month of suffering. I learned my lesson. And I totally love coconut oil as a hand cream (plus it smells so good) smiling smiley

Yesterday it was kind of a sad day, as in the morning on my way to church I found a newly hatched baby bird down on the ground, with few ants on him. I took him in a napkin and cleaned him, I thought he was still moving from time to time. I had to take him with me to church, well wrapped in the napkin within a sort of wallet I had with me, to have air coming in. Afterwards I realized I should've gone back home and leave him there instead of taking him with me to church. I hope God didn't mind me taking him to church, I know I shouldn't bring any animals/birds inside (he was so tiny though, long as a finger). After the service I tried again to make him come to life, but with no results (I even gave him a nice warm bath). So I wrapped him in a cloth, then put him in an envelope which I sealed, with a note inside explaining about him, then wrapped in a black bag which I also sealed. And I burried him in the woods at the bottom of the mountain I climbed last summer (it's easy access to it, right from the center of the town). This whole thing made me sad. I found a similar baby bird few days ago too, smaller this time, and somehow smashed. The one I found yesterday was intact, no blood, no scratch on him, no bump, like he fell off the tree right then. I'm so sorry when something like this happens, poor babies sad smiley

Date: May 07, 2015 07:59PM

Yesterday in the center of the town near the local farmers market I saw a stand with freshly squeezed fruit and veggie juices, and I couldn't be more pleased. The prices weren't that high, but affordable. There were plenty options to choose from, like orange, grapefruit, pomegranate, apple, pear, carrot, celeriac, red beet, ginger, spinach (either only one or a combination of maximum three per drink). The guy at the stand asked me if I wanted a juice, I said "no thank you, I'm just looking, I really like what I'm seeing, it's lovely to see something this in our town". He was pleased to hear this and wished me a lovely day. I'm really so happy to see such a stand of raw fresh juices, maybe it will make people embrace a healthy lifestyle by incorporating raw juices in their diet (especially with the summer just around the corner).

In the past weeks I've been observing a leftover piece of watermelon on a street near where I live (it was left by someone near a building wall), which is just on my daily way to church. So I saw this watermelon piece every day, and it slowly and nicely desintegrated, no smell, no mold, just it basically melted. The only thing left now is a very dry peel, it looks like a yellow dry leaf, you can't even say it was a piece of watermelon. Compare this with a leftover piece of meat...

My menu for today, May 07, 2015:

- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, fresh dill, lemon juice (dinner leftovers from yesterday - not much, like a snack, I ate them early this morning, at around 6 am, on my balcony, before sunrise, it was beautiful outside, warm and peaceful, birds singing; then I went back to bed)
- 7 oranges (breakfast)
- 7 oranges (lunch)
- 6 local Jonathan apples (dinner)

Today I felt like eating mostly fruit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 08:03PM by Ela2013.

Date: May 11, 2015 01:11PM

My menu these past days:

- oranges
- local Jonathan apples
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to salad of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, fresh dill, lemon juice

One of these days I had some salad leftover, just cucumber slices in lemon juice and dill, so when I ate them in the morning, after marinating overnight, the cucumber slices were so tasty, similar to pickled cucumbers, so delicious.

Yesterday I bought one Pink Lady apple, it was amazing, so crunchy and sweet. So today I went back to that store and got like 7 kg of great Pink Lady apples. Can't wait for a Pink Lady dinner smiling bouncing smiley

I also bought around 6 kg of good oranges.

I'm having fruity meals these days smiling smiley

Ever since my husband came home from 3 weeks of work in France, he really was pleased seeing my fruity shelves (I decided to have fruity shelves in our room while he was away, so it was the first time he saw them - he knew about them, I told them in one of my e-mails). He even tells me when they look too empty, he likes to see all the fruits and veggies there nicely displayed, even if they are not for him. He said he likes the fruits and veggies as a decorative setting smiling smiley

Date: May 16, 2015 02:02PM

My menu for yesterday, May 12, 2015:

- 10 oranges (breakfast)
- 5 Pink Lady apples (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato lemon juice sauce; a salad of new green cabbage with lots of lemon juice (the first time I had new cabbage, it was so tender, like lettuce leaves); cauliflower mash with lemon juice; cauliflower rice with zucchini tomato lemon juice sauce (dinner)

Yesterday after lunch I was very satiated, so for dinner I wanted something savoury, I craved veggies. In the evening I went to one of my favourite supermarkets nearby and found such good deals for half the price in the basket with reduced produce. I got 1.3 kg juicing oranges (16 oranges), 1 cauliflower (400 g), 960 g lemons, 1.360 kg zucchinis. At full price (but very good too) I bought 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 new green cabbage (450 g), 2 heads of cauliflower (1.850 kg) (all the cauliflowerr was without the leaves, so I only paid for the edible part). I love it when I find such deals, they help me so much. At first I went there with the intention of buying just few things for a simple evening salad (lettuce, cucumbers, dill, radishes, maybe mushrooms), but there was no lettuce, dill, radishes, the cucumbers were kind of expensive and the mushrooms kind of dry. So I needed to change the recipe with another. So I also love it when this happens, that I get to be creative and improvise, and make due with what I find.

I saw in the center of the town that there will soon be opened a "make your own salad/juice" store, organic too, which makes me very happy. There is already another salad store/cafe called "Salad Box" (not all vegan, they still need to add cheese or sour-cream to some of the salads, but still a step forward). I guess our town is slowly heading towards a healthy lifestyle.

Btw...that Pink Lady dinner was awsome. So was the Pink Lady lunch. I love Pink Lady apples.

My menu for yesterday, May 13, 2015:

- juice from 16 oranges (breakfast)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of half a huge head of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, red radishes, lemon juice (dinner)

Yesterday I bought 2 bunches of fresh dill, 1 bunch of red radishes, 12 tomatoes and a gianormous head of butter lettuce (it had 534 g).
I also bought 1 large champignon mushroom (the size of a portobello mushroom) and a bunch of oyster mushrooms, to see if I like them or not. I sliced them and marinated them in lots of lemon juice (and the pulp of the lemons) for 1 day and 1 night. I tasted them today and they turned out great, soft and tender, just like those preserved in jars (which were my favourite in the past), even the stems of the oyster mushrooms which are kind of tough. I plan on using them in a cauliflower rice with tomato dill sauce. They go great in a raw tomato soup too. I thought of adding fresh dill to the marinating juice, but I didn't know how the mushrooms would turn out, but maybe I'll try this version next time.
Today I bought 25 tomatoes and 1 large bunch of fresh dill.

My menu for May 14, 2015:

- 4 Pink Lady apples (breakfast)
- 9 Pink Lady apples (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to half a huge head of butter lettuce, local cucumbers (dinner)

My menu for May 15, 2015:

- 8 Pink Lady apples (lunch) (in our car and in between shoppings)
- cauliflower rice with tomato dill sauce, with slices of marinated champignon and oyster mushrooms, next to a salad of half a head of butter lettuce, 3 local cucumbers, the lemon juice in which I marinated the mushrooms (dinner)

The mushrooms need to be marinated 1 day and 1 night maximum, otherwise they ferment too much and they taste like wine.

Yesterday I prepared a whole jar of around 1 kg champignon mushrooms, in the juice of 5 lemons. After 1 hour, they ones on the top were already marinated.

My husband bought for himself around 5 kg beautiful huge bananas, bright yellow with some spots on them. He knew I no longer but/eat bananas (except those I receive as a gift), I prefer water-rich fruits, but he asked me if I wanted some anyway. Eventually he gave me 2 of them, which were kind of soft on one side, as they were too ripe for him (he likes them with no spots on them). Still, he was surprised at how fast the bananas started to ripen more while they were sitting in our room, it was like they were ripening more as the hours went by. So this morning I ate those 2 large bananas, one was so good and ripe, the other one was a bit tougher and not very ripe, but still sweet and good. He ate 6 large ones yesterday, he still has a lot of them for today. He really liked them, he said they were very very sweet - he likes sweet, he has a huge sweet tooth.

My menu for today, May 16, 2015:

- 2 large bananas (breakfast)
- cauliflower rice (dinner leftovers) with slices of marinated champignon mushrooms, next to a salad butter lettuce with the lemon juice in which I marinated the mushrooms (lunch)

After eating most of this lunch, I felt I couldn't eat anymore, I felt nauseated and like vomiting, so I threw away the rest, brushed my teeth, and I immediately vomited the mushrooms and dill. I felt sick, and after a break, I vomited again, also mushrooms with dill. It's not the first time I eat raw mushrooms then I vomit. This time I definitely learned my lesson, I'll never eat mushrooms ever again...

Btw...I had to vomit again (round 3). I have a feeling I'll be vomiting all day today. I didn't have the courage to eat anything for a while, I was afraid I'd vomit that too. I then had a banana, as I desperately needed to change the taste of those mushrooms that kept coming back. Yuck...

I will never understand how can the bulimic persons willingly cause vomiting after eating. It's such a horrible and sick feeling, I feel so sick right now, still nauseated and feeling like vomiting, my throat is sore and burning.
I'll keep you updated. One thing is for sure: the mushroom experiment is OVER.
Oh, and one more thing: maybe it's just a coincidence, but while I was having my lunch I was watching Freelee's latest video on human steaks being served in a restaurant, which immediately made me sick and feeling like vomiting....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 16, 2015 08:01PM

I just had my last meal for the day, 4 Pink Lady apples (I couldn't eat all 8 of them, I saved the other 4 for tomorrow). After I eat the cauliflower I bought these days, I guess I'll go back to the simple diet, with easily digestible non-sweet fruits (zucchini, tomatoes, red sweet peppers, cucumbers), tender butter lettuce, dill, and my favourite sweet fruits, like I did after my gallblader attack (and I felt great).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 17, 2015 07:23PM

My menu for today, May 17, 2015:

- cauliflower tomato puree, next to a salad of butter lettuce, local cucumbers, lemon juice (lunch)
- 6 red Idared apples (dinner 1)
- 1 red Idared apples (dinner 2)
- 1 banana (snack - I'll eat it soon)

I feel better today, I stayed mostly at home yesterday and today, to relax, my appetite and good cravings are back and I no longer feel sick when I'm thinking of mushrooms or seeing pics of them (but I definitely don't want to eat them ever again). That cauli tom puree was so tasty, so was the refreshing salad smiling smiley

My husband finished those gorgeous spotty bananas - he ate 5 today and gave me the one I'm about to eat, which was slightly soft on one side. He ate one huge banana which had the most spots, and he liked it, he said it is even sweeter. Still, he said he will eat bright yellow bananas with no spots, he likes them better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: May 20, 2015 11:32AM

My menu these days:

- red Idared apples
- cauliflower tomato puree, next to a salad of butter lettuce, cucumbers, lemon juice
- Red Delicious apples

Yesterday I wanted ripe bananas after the cauliflower lunch, so in the evening I went shopping for bananas and red apples. But I found only light-spotted bananas which were not ready to eat. So I went to another supermarket and found lots of good produce for half the price at the reduced produce stand. So I got 4.8 kg juicing oranges, 6 English cucumbers for the price of 3 cucumbers. For a 16% off, I got 8 zucchinis (2.8 kg). I also got a large head of butter lettuce for a good price. For full price, but still ok, I got 20 apples (3.2 kg) similar to Red Delicious.

Tomorrow I'm invited to a very fancy restaurant, together with a group of people I know, from church. The restaurant has a gorgeous view over the mountains (it's situated at a high altitude).

So I contacted the restaurant via e-mail, after reading their menu on their website and seeing some pics of their dishes. They have no vegan options (except for the juices and smoothies), they serve a lot of meat/game (however, they do use avocado, nuts, micro greens, spinach, mixed leafy greens, they make veggie noodles).

On their website, in the menu section, they state that if you have special dietary choices, requests or restrictions, you can tell them in advance and they will accomodate your menu according to your wishes and needs.

I went through the vegan ingredients and made a list, then sent an e-mail with my kind request to accomodate me in this regard and create a personalised raw vegan salad with the veggies available in their kitchen. I also mentioned what fruits and veggies I don't like/tolerate, plus that I eat with no oil, salt, pepper, garlic/onion, spices, dressings, overt fats, dried fruits, etc. (the whole list of "no" foods for me).

This raw vegan salad should have the following ingredients: carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, red cabbage, bell pepper, dill, and freshly squeezed lemon juice as a dressing. In the beverages menu they have plenty of options for freshly squeezed fruit juices (apple, orange, grapefruit, plus mixed juices), so there will be no problem with the drinks. I asked that the menu should be comprised of this raw vegan salad and a freshly squeezed juice.

The chef working there is a multiple times awarded chef, with a lot of training and food courses done, he has really fancy looking dishes created by himself, like in Master Chef.

So yesterday I got the answer from the contact person at the restaurant. He told me that my request to have a personalised menu as a raw vegan is perfectly doable. He already talked to the chef and the chef assured him that he will create for me the salad I requested. He also sent to the kitchen my list of foods that I like/dislike. He advised me to also talk to the waiter that will take care of the table where I'll be sitting and mention my menu to him (so that he knows who's that person requesting the raw vegan salad). And he will also tell me the list of different types of freshly squeezed juices available for the day.

The meal is being paid for by the church, so it will be a free raw vegan menu smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: June 03, 2015 02:24PM

I haven't posted in a while, I spent most of my time outside in the sun, enjoying the warm weather and sun bathing smiling smiley
I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather here, summer is wonderful so far. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time inside once winter comes, so right now it's the season to stay out, walk and eat sweet fruits in the sun <3

Since my last post, I went to that restaurant lunch and I had a great time. The chef made me a raw vegan platter: carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, sweet red pepper strips, tomato slices, with a side-dressing of plain lemon juice. For the second course I ordered a freshly squeezed apple orange juice, nicely decorated with an apple slice. It exceeded my expectations, everything worked out great, I was pleasantly surprised and happy smiling bouncing smiley

What I've been eating:

- apples
- oranges (I can still find good oranges)
- local strawberries (around 2-3 kg/day)
- local cherries (around 2 kg/day)
- local heirloom tomatoes - as many as I want, whenever I want, I eat them like apples, they are soooo good, I could go on a sweet summer tomato island smiling smiley
- local cucumbers
- local zucchinis (not all are good and firm for noodles, but they are slowly coming into season now)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce
- summer salads: butter lettuce with coloured peppers, lemon juice, dill; coloured peppers, lemon juice, dill; coloured peppers, cucumbers, lemon juice, dill; cucumbers (either in the form of slices or noodles) with tomatoes; plain tomatoes

I bought 4 double-peelers, of different colours, to have and enjoy, they are so efficient. One end is a regular peeler, and the other end is a julienne peeler. This was to remind me of that tasty raw vegan platter I had at the restaurant smiling smiley I even made my own carrot and zucchini noodles with one of the peelers, it worked out great. And it makes life so much easier - to peel the zucchini with the peeler and not the knife.

Starting today I plan on making my delicious raw tomato soup (with our local sweet summer tomatoes), in which I want to add carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, cucumber cubes, tomato cubes, cubes of our local bell peppers (they are so tasty), fresh dill. I've been waiting for this soup the whole winter, it tastes the best with summer tomatoes.

Oh...and the local cherries...so sweet and good <3

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 02:32PM by Ela2013.

Date: June 04, 2015 10:00AM

My menu for yesterday, June 03, 2015:

- 5 apples (breakfast)
- 2 kg cherries (lunch)
- some more cherries throughout the day and during last night (snack)
- my delicious raw tomato soup (with our local sweet summer tomatoes), in which I added carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, diced cucumbers, diced local bell peppers, fresh dill (dinner)

The soup was great, so good and filling. I made 3 large portions. For the soup I used 1 bell pepper, 1 small zucchini, 3 small carrots, 1 kg cucumbers, 1 bunch of dill, lots of tomatoes. I didn't add diced tomatoes, as I ate the soup with whole tomatoes on the side.

Date: June 06, 2015 08:59AM

My menu for June 04, 2015:

- 1 kg cherries (breakfast)
- 10 apples (lunch)
- raw tomato soup, with carrot noodles, zucchini noodles, diced cucumbers, diced local bell peppers, diced red capsicum, fresh dill (1.5 kg tomatoes, 3 small zucchinis, 500 g cucumbers, 1 bell pepper, 1 red capsicum, 3 small carrots, 1 large bunch of dill) (dinner)

My menu for yesterday, June 05, 2015:

- 2 apples (breakfast 1)
- 3 ripe sweet and creamy bananas (breakfast 2)
- 1.8 kg cherries (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (1.5 kg tomatoes, 7 small zucchinis, 1/2 large bunch of dill), next to 500 g cucumbers, 500 g tomatoes, 1/3 bell pepper (dinner)

Calories: 2123. Carbs: 87%. Proteins: 7.7%. Fats: 5.3%

I always keep coming back to my zoodles, they are so good and filling, I'm craving them the most out of all my raw dishes smiling smiley

Especially now, when the sweet summer tomatoes are in season, and zucchinis are so cheap, like less than $1/kg (as opposed to winter, when they were 4 times more expensive).

I bought those bananas while walking through the farmers market, and I ate them there, they were cheap and so ripe, creamy, soft and very sweet. I said I wouldn't buy bananas anymore, but I'll still buy few bananas from time to time, when I find such good and cheap ones, as I still like their taste, plus I don't have to wait until they are ready to eat. Now it's the season when bananas are cheap and almost always ripe, as opposed to winter when they are almost always unripe and very expensive. These days I received a banana in church, but it wasn't ready to eat for me, so I gave it to my husband, he ate it right away, it was so good for him (he likes them yellow with few or no spots). I didn't have the patience to wait for it to ripen...

Btw...my room smells so wonderful from all the summer tomatoes smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 09:00AM by Ela2013.

Date: June 09, 2015 01:56PM

My menu these days (June 06.06 - June 08.06.2015):

- red Idared apples
- oranges
- cherries
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to raw vegan zucchini tomato dill soup with diced cucumbers, diced bell pepper, and plain tomatoes on the side
- dinner of just plain tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper

That raw vegan soup was actually a part of the sauce for the zoodles, I made too much sauce for the spaghetti, so I turned the remaining sauce into a good soup smiling smiley

Here the cherries already started to have worms in them, so that kind of put me off. And I haven't been buying them lately. Instead, I enjoy good juicy sweet oranges and tasty red apples. Oh, and this awsome simple dinner of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, so good.

I've been taking every opportunity to stay in the sun, so my tan is going more intense, feeling the sun on my skin is so great. Actually, I'm staying in the sun right now as I type this, on my balcony, after enjoying 10 good oranges smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2015 10:40AM

My menu for June 09 - June 14, 2015:

- red Idared apples
- strawberries
- cherries
- tomato dill soup with diced cucumbers, diced bell pepper, and plain tomatoes on the side
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to raw vegan zucchini tomato dill soup with diced cucumbers, diced bell pepper, and plain tomatoes on the side
- dinner of just plain tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper

I found some very cheap and very sweet strawberries, but now they got expensive and not so good quality.

I also got the last black small sweet cherries. Now we have the large crunchy cherries, with/without worms. I'm now into the habit of opening each cherry (for those that I think they have "guests"winking smiley and removing the worms, as I don't want to give up cherries just because of the worms.

The season of blueberries started here, the raspberries, and also of those wild red berries that look like very tiny strawberries - in English they are translated as "wild strawberries", but they are extremely tiny, like the size of very small blueberries. These berries are quite expensive though, like $5/kg.

Date: June 19, 2015 11:04AM

My menu for June 15 - June 18, 2015:

- red Idared apples
- mandarins
- cherries
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to yummy summer tomatoes

My friend Laura gave me some good bananas, they have been in my wardrobe to ripen, now they are ready-to-eat.

One morning I bought 2 large mandarins, juicy and sweet, both were around 700 g, I ate them in a park on a bench, as breakfast, they were so good.

Now I keep finding cherries with no worms, so good smiling bouncing smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: June 19, 2015 11:06AM

Last week I contacted a master raw vegan chef here in my town, she has a raw vegan food shop and a raw vegan food delivery service, plus she organizes living food workshops, raw vegan food demonstrations, etc.

I told her about my current situation, about my passion for the raw vegan foods and that I myself live a raw vegan lifestyle. She wasn't hiring, but I wanted to contact her via e-mail and ask her about the possibility of a present/future collaboration. She replied very fast and in a very kind and warm manner, like someone who understands and lives the same raw vegan lifestyle, I was so impressed.

She told me that at the moment the law doesn't allow her to have more than 2 employees, as the raw vegan food shop is rather small, but that she intends to buy a larger space and she would be happy to talk to me and collaborate in this.

So I'm praying that everything will turn out great and I'm hoping I'm able to work there with her in the nearest future. It would be my dream job, the one I can commit to 100% smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 20, 2015 11:15AM

For the past 2 weeks I haven't been drinking my daily 2 l of water, but a lot less, like 1 l maximum. The result was awful: I was bloated, constipated, my digestion was slower and more difficult, also when going to the bathroom for no.2 it was a slower, more difficult process. I was more hungry even if I ate the usual quantities (like some apples for breakfast, 2 kg or more of cherries for lunch and a huge zoodle dinner), I was thirsty. And yesterday evening I got sharp pain in the right side of my waist again - it seems it's the gallblader again, I must've upset it with so little water.
So it seems that those 2 l of water are definitely a must for me and there's no way I can get away with drinking less. So from now on I'll always drink 2 l of water/day, no matter what.

My menu for yesterday, June 19, 2015:

- red Idared apples
- cherries
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes

This morning I had 1.2 l of water, then 4 Idared apples and, a bit later, the 6 bananas I got from my friend Laura - they had no spots, but some black areas and they were creamy and a bit too sweet for me. I was surprised that they seemed too sweet for me, I guess I'm no longer used to bananas, since I rarely eat them now. I noticed I like better the sweet hydrating fruits like oranges, cherries, while bananas are somewhat drier, denser and less hydrating.

I wanted to have cherries for dinner today, but the bananas were so sweet that I definitely need my zoodles tonight eye rolling smiley

Date: June 21, 2015 01:20PM

wow that restaurant sounds so amazing! I'm totally jealous! Have you been making foods remenescent of the restaurant or are you sticking to favourites? I'm going to have to try that calling ahead thing. I miss eating out, and i'd be fine even if I could just bring my own food, but the laws here don't allow outside food.

Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables