Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: My Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 11:56AM

I've been eating my favourite which is zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, but I've been craving Pad Thai, and cauliflower, and carrots, and cabbage salad (just cabbage and fresh lemon juice).

Here is some update on my menu. I'm a member of the Facebook group started by Tarah Millen from 40 Below Fruity, so I post there my daily menu and lifestyle news smiling smiley

June 21 - June 25, 2015:

- red Idared apples
- cherries
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes

June 26, 2015:

- 6 red Idared apples (breakfast)
- around 1 kg cherries (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, to which I added small cauliflower florets (it looked so good), next to summer tomatoes (around 500 g cauliflower, 5 smaller zucchinis, 7 tomatoes, 1 large bunch of dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 1560. Carbs: 87%. Proteins: 7.5%. Lipids: 5.5%.

June 27, 2015:

- around 2 kg cherries (breakfast)
- cauliflower tomato dill puree, next to 5 summer tomatoes (around 500 g cauliflower, 6 tomatoes, little dill) (lunch)
- 1 red Idared apple (snack)
- around 2.5 kg cherries (dinner) (I had dinner in 2 parts)

Total cals: 3231. Carbs: 90.1%. Proteins: 6.5%. Lipids: 3.4%.

Today's cherries were 2835 cals, I was so surprised to see that many cals, but I had to eat them (and I wanted to), so that they don't go bad by tomorrow. They also had around 3.7 l of water in them, which is great. Today my menu had only 5 types of food (apple, cherries, tomatoes, cauliflower and dill), but around 5.7 liters of water in them. Btw, today was my relax-day.

First time making the cauliflower puree in my blender, the consistency was perfect.

June 28, 2015:

- 1 Golden apple (breakfast) (I received it in church)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (7 smaller zucchinis, 12 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (7 smaller zucchinis, 12 tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 794.4. Carbs: 74.4%. Proteins: 13.5%. Lipids: 11.8%.

Near where I live, on my way to church, there are two houses that have a sour cherry tree in the yard, and the branches are leaning over the fence into the street. So now the sour cherries are ripe and they fall on the street, especially after rain/wind. And whenever I go to church, I pick some ripe sour cherries that fell on the ground, it's like a gift from God.

June 29, 2015:

- 2 red Idared apples (absolutely delicious, like sweet crunchy Jonathan apples) (breakfast)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (9 smaller zucchinis, 31 small and very small tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (lunch)
- 1.5 kg cherries and 8 local plums (dinner)

Total cals: 1847. Carbs: 85.5%. Proteins: 8.4%. Lipids: 6.1%.

I bought the cherries from the farmers market from someone saying he sells untreated, organic cherries. I also found the first local plums of the summer, small, ripe, sweet.

I find it's easier for me and more convenient to have my veggie meal as my first meal of the day, as I can have a larger quantity of veggies, namely zoodles, plus a lot more summer tomatoes if I'm on an empty stomach, as opposed to already having eaten like 2 kg or more of fruits. I can easily eat zoodles made of 9 zucchinis, while in the evenings I would eat zoodles from 7 zucchinis and feel totally stuffed. It's easier to prep the veggie meal during the day as I have more time, and it digests better during the day and it keeps me full for almost the whole day. In the evening I like to have my fruits, as they are easier on the digestion and are so much better for a good night sleep, as opposed to the veggie meal which I need to digest during the night, so I don't get such a good sleep.

But watermelon season started here, so on Wednesday morning I plan on having my first watermelon of this summer, as my first meal of the day.

So my meal schedule will depend on what I eat and what time I have on hand...

June 30, 2015:

- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (9 smaller zucchinis, 35 small and very small tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (I added small cauliflower florets to some of the zoodles) (breakfast)
- stone fruit mono-meal: 6 yellow peaches, 3 yellow nectarines and 800 g local plums (dinner)

Total cals: 1693. Carbs: 81.3%. Proteins: 10.4%. Lipids: 8.3%.

Today I asked my husband to buy me a watermelon, he got a 5 kg one that is waiting for tomorrow's breakfast (and probably lunch too).

This evening I went to the farmers market and found yellow peaches and yellow nectarines, not local but from Greece, but for a reduced price, so ripe, sweet and juicy, I ate some on the way home.

July 01, 2015:

- 5 kg watermelon (4 kg the edible part, 1 kg the rind) (breakfast)
- stone fruit mono-meal: 9 yellow peaches, 1 yellow nectarine (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato puree, next to local bell peppers, local cucumbers, local summer tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 2378. Carbs: 84.7%. Proteins: 9.3%. Lipids: 6%.

I have good news: this year I'm no longer dizzy after eating watermelon smiling bouncing smiley

I ate half of the watermelon, then after an hour, the other half, and I was fine (just feeling a bit weak after the first half, and having some short sharp cramps - maybe because it was on an empty stomach). This was with the first watermelon.
The next morning I had another watermelon, and this time I felt amazing all the way, nothing bothered me, I was full of energy the whole day.
I'm so happy that this year I can really enjoy eating watermelon, with no fear of getting dizzy or feeling sick afterwards smiling bouncing smiley

July 02, 2015:

- 5.5 kg watermelon (4.5 kg the edible part, 1 kg the rind) (breakfast)
- stone fruit mono-meal: 4 yellow peaches (I received them in church) (lunch)
- 1 red Idared apple (snack)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to local bell peppers, local cucumbers, local summer tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 2121. Carbs: 85.7%. Proteins: 8.4%. Lipids: 6%.

Yesterday and today I bought a 6 kg watermelon for Saturday (there will be another one coming for Sunday), lots of cherries (their season is coming to the end), lots of summer tomatoes, lots of zucchinis, some fresh dill. Weekend haul.

July 03, 2015:

- 3 red Idared apples (breakfast)
- 2.6 kg cherries (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to raw tomato zucchini dill soup with diced bell peppers, diced cucumbers, and some summer tomatoes on the side (dinner) (I made a huge batch of sauce, like 1.5 l, so I used some on my zoodles, and I turned the rest of the sauce into soup)

Total cals: 2458. Carbs: 88%. Proteins: 7.2%. Lipids: 4.8%.

I was watching a documentary about banana plantations (mostly about Chiquita) and I'm not sure I want to buy/eat bananas any more. In the past they destroyed rain forests to plant banana trees and they mistreated the workers on the plantations. Plus lots of pesticides sprayed on bananas. So unappetizing.

July 04, 2015:

- 6.9 kg watermelon (without the rind) (breakfast)
- tomatoes, 2 bell peppers, 4 small cucumbers (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 2470. Carbs: 86.5%. Proteins: 8%. Lipids: 5.5%.

My current opinion on watermelon: it tastes amazing, but it doesn't keep me full for long; for the same price I pay for 1 watermelon, I can get less kgs of other fruits, but they keep me full for longer, for like half a day or until dinner time; it does bring a lot of calories so it doesn't leave much room for larger meals after it, even though it's mostly water; it makes me feel really cold afterwards, though I don't store it in the fridge, I keep it in my room during the day and on my balcony during the night, so it's room temperature; I must eat it all in the first half of the day so it doesn't go bad since I don't have a fridge available.

Tomorrow I start a new treatment for my hip, the last one for this year, 10 days of electrical therapy and kinetotherapy.

July 05, 2015:

- a 3.9 kg watermelon (edible part) (breakfast)
- 4 peaches (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 1895. Carbs: 84.8%. Proteins: 8.8%. Lipids: 6.3%

July 06, 2015:

- 3 red Idared apples (breakfast)
- 3 nectarines, 2 peaches and 2 summer tomatoes (snack)
- 2.7 kg cherries (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 2617. Carbs: 88.7%. Proteins: 6.9%. Lipids: 4.5%

Today was day 2 of my treatment, it is efficient, I like it.

I think here the cherry season will be over soon, the cherries are not that good anymore, and more expensive. But local apricots and peaches are now in season.

July 07, 2015:

- 6 nectarines and 2 peaches (breakfast)
- 3 tiny summer tomatoes (snack)
- 2 kg cherries (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to summer tomatoes and 1 local orange bell pepper (dinner)

Total cals: 2202. Carbs: 86.3%. Proteins: 8.1%. Lipids: 5.6%

July 08, 2015:

- 5 peaches (breakfast)
- 1.7 kg nectarines (lunch 1)
- 500 g local apricots (lunch 2)
- free snack: 14 local cherry-plums, 2 sweet cherries and 1 sour cherry (they fell on the ground from the trees)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (10 small zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes), next to 4 small local cucumbers, summer tomatoes and 1 local orange bell pepper (dinner)

Total cals: 1707. Carbs: 82.4%. Proteins: 9.8%. Lipids: 7.7%

July 09, 2015:

- 9 small tomatoes and 3 small cucumbers (breakfast 1)
- 2 nectarines and 500 g local apricots (breakfast 2)
- 2 kg nectarines (lunch)
- free snack again: 14 local cherry-plums and 2 sour cherries (those trees are generous to me, plus yesterday we had quite a thunder/lightning storm, the rain and thunder lasted the whole night)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (7 small zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes), next to 4 small local cucumbers, 3 summer tomatoes and 1 local red capsicum (dinner)

Total cals: 1797. Carbs: 81.7%. Proteins: 10.4%. Lipids: 8%

Yesterday I kissed my husband and he had just eaten a non-vegan meaty meal plus garlic. So it was like I ate meat and garlic, which was so unpleasant that reminded me why I don't eat meat and garlic anymore
emoticon tongue

Btw...ever since I stopped eating onion and garlic, I started to sense the smell of onion and garlic so much more intense coming from other people or from the kitchen, it's like so strong for me now. I'm happy I no longer eat those, the after taste was a killer...

My menu for yesterday, July 10, 2015:

- an 8 kg watermelon (with the rind - the edible part had 6 kg, the rind had 2 kg) (breakfast and lunch)
- free snack: 11 local cherry-plums
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (7 small zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes), next to 3 small local cucumbers, 1 summer tomato and 1 local red capsicum (dinner)

Total cals: 2193. Carbs: 86.5%. Proteins: 8%. Lipids: 5.5%

The one thing I totally don't like about watermelon is that it makes me feel really cold after eating it, like I'm suddenly in the middle of winter, or like I just had banana nicecream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 12, 2015 02:01PM

My menu for yesterday, July 11, 2015:

- a 6 kg watermelon (the edible part had 4.5 kg, the rind had 1.5 kg) (breakfast and lunch)
- raw vegan veggie stew: cauliflower florets, diced cucumbers, diced red capsicum, diced orange bell pepper, diced green bell pepper, carrot strips, with tomato dill sauce (250 g cauliflower - 1 small cauliflower, 4 small cucumbers, 1 red capsicum, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 7 small carrots - 250 g, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), next to 2 summer tomatoes and a white cabbage salad (white cabbage, lemon juice) (dinner)

Total cals: 1997. Carbs: 85.6%. Proteins: 8.7%. Lipids: 5.6%

I wanted to take a break from the zoodles, to take advantage of a variety of veggies and their nutrients, but I was also craving the cabbage salad and this stew. This dinner was so good, but it felt very light and easy on my digestion, so I had a great night sleep smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 02:02PM by Ela2013.

Date: July 13, 2015 02:12PM

My menu for yesterday, July 12, 2015:

- a 6 kg watermelon (the edible part had 5 kg, the rind had 1 kg) (breakfast and lunch)
- free snack: 25 local cherry-plums (yellow and red - the yellow ones are sweeter), 23 tiny sweet cherries
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 medium zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 large bunch of dill), next to 1 summer tomato and the rest of yesterday's cabbage salad (dinner)

Total cals: 2155. Carbs: 85.7%. Proteins: 8.5%. Lipids: 5.9%

I had the zucchinis in my room from before and I didn't want them to become soft and go bad, so I turned them into my favourite zoodle dinner.

There is also an apple tree near where I live, and it has those small sweet and sour summer apples. Today I saw at farmers market that such apples cost almost $1/kg, so I get them for free when they fall on the ground smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 13, 2015 10:15PM

Wow I had no idea you didn't have a refrigerator. That's another benefit of not having to keep around raw meat and milk which would spoil.

Date: July 14, 2015 01:05PM

Well, there's a fridge and freezer in the house where I live (I live with my husband in his parents' apartment), but I don't want to use them, there is little room in there for my food, so I got used to not relying on a fridge/freezer. I also don't want to put my food next to non-vegan food...

My menu for yesterday, July 13, 2015:

- 2 peaches (breakfast 1)
- 6 tiny summer apples (free fruit) and 4 red Idared apples (breakfast 2)
- a 4.5 kg watermelon (the edible part had 3.5 kg, the rind had 1 kg) (lunch)
- 29 cherry-plums (red and yellow) (free snack)
- raw vegan veggie stew: cauliflower florets, diced cucumbers, diced red capsicum, diced orange bell pepper, diced green bell pepper, carrot strips, with tomato dill sauce (300 g cauliflower - 1/2 of a small cauliflower, 4 small cucumbers, 1 red capsicum, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 7 small carrots - 250 g, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), next to 1 summer tomato and a white cabbage salad (150 g white cabbage, 1 lemon) (dinner)

Total cals: 2223. Carbs: 87.2%. Proteins: 7.5%. Lipids: 5.3%

I eventually got tired/bored of eating cherry-plums and summer apples, I guess I ate enough of them so far, they are not my favourite fruits, so I want to focus on the fruits in season at farmers market. It's time to let these free fruits for others to pick up and eat (though people don't seem interested in them here).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 18, 2015 08:44AM

I'm constantly amazed at the unbelievable benefits of the raw vegan lifestyle, I see them on my body, especially in terms of weight loss and cellulite, and all these with no effort, just enjoying raw juicy fruits and veggies smiling bouncing smiley

My menu for July 14, 2015:

- 4 red Idared apples (breakfast)
- a 6 kg watermelon (the edible part had 5 kg, the rind had 1 kg) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash: 300 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes, everything pulsed in the blender (I made the cauliflower of the consistency of rice, and not a smooth puree, it was delicious this way), next to white cabbage salad (white cabbage, lemon juice) and half a tomato (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (3 medium zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 large bunch of dill), next to white cabbage salad and half a tomato (dinner - meal 2) (pics)

Total cals: 2438. Carbs: 86.2%. Proteins: 8.1%. Lipids: 5.7%

My menu for July 15, 2015:

- 750 g nectarines (breakfast)
- a 5 kg watermelon (the edible part had 3.750 kg, the rind had 1.250 kg) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (300 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes), next to 1 green bell pepper and 1 red capsicum (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (2 large zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 large bunch of dill), next 3 tomatoes (dinner - meal 2)

Total cals: 2020. Carbs: 84.7%. Proteins: 9%. Lipids: 6.3%

My menu for July 16, 2015:

- 500 g nectarines (breakfast)
- a 7.8 kg watermelon (the edible part had 6.550 kg, the rind had 1.250 kg) (lunch)
- 9 local plums (ripe and sweet) (snack)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (300 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes), next to 1 green bell pepper (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (4 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), next 1 tomato (dinner - meal 2)

Total cals: 2718. Carbs: 86.4%. Proteins: 8.1%. Lipids: 5.5%

Today was the last day of my treatment. My next treatment will be next year in January.

My menu for yesterday, July 17, 2015:

- 1 kg local plums (breakfast)
- a 7.3 kg watermelon (the edible part had 5.550 kg, the rind had 1.750 kg) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (300 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes), next to 1 orange bell pepper and 1 local cucumber (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (3 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), next 2 tomatoes (dinner - meal 2)

Total cals: 2591. Carbs: 86.6%. Proteins: 7.8%. Lipids: 5.5%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 23, 2015 01:14PM

My menu:

July 18, 2015:

- 1 kg local plums (breakfast)
- a 5.034 kg watermelon (the edible part) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (300 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes) (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (4 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner - meal 2)
- also at dinner: tomatoes, 1 bell pepper and 4 local cucumbers

Total cals: 2740. Carbs: 86.2%. Proteins: 8%. Lipids: 5.8%

July 19, 2015:

- 2 peaches and 1 kg local plums (breakfast)
- a 7.3 kg watermelon (the edible part had 5.8 kg, the rind had 1.5 kg) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (600 g cauliflower, 500 g tomatoes) (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (3 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner - meal 2)

Total cals: 2913. Carbs: 85.8%. Proteins: 8.4%. Lipids: 5.8%

July 20, 2015:

- 2 peaches (breakfast)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (300 g cauliflower, 300 g tomatoes) (lunch - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 zucchinis, 700 g tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (lunch - meal 2)
- also at lunch: tomatoes, 1 bell pepper and 4 local cucumbers
- 2.5 kg peaches (dinner)

Total cals: 1493. Carbs: 83%. Proteins: 9.9%. Lipids: 7.1%

July 21, 2015:

- 2.5 kg peaches (breakfast)
- few cauliflower florets (snack while preparing dinner)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (6 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 1349. Carbs: 83%. Proteins: 9.8%. Lipids: 7.2%

July 22, 2015:

- 4 peaches (breakfast)
- 1 peach, 25 yellow nectarines and 1 white nectarine (the white nectarine was less sweet, I prefer the yellow ones) (lunch)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (500 g cauliflower, 300 g tomatoes) (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (4 zucchinis, 700 g tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner - meal 2)
- also at dinner: tomatoes, 3 bell peppers and 4 local cucumbers

Total cals: 1596. Carbs: 82.8%. Proteins: 10%. Lipids: 7.3%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 23, 2015 09:21PM

In my menu for July 22 I forgot to add the cucumbers in the Cronometer, so this is the final result:

Total cals: 1620. Carbs: 82.4%. Proteins: 10.2%. Lipids: 7.4%

July 23, 2015:

- 1.7 kg peaches and 1 kg nectarines (among which there was a white nectarine) (breakfast)
- chunky cauliflower tomato mash (500 g cauliflower, 300 g tomatoes), next to 3 bell peppers and 4 local cucumbers
- 3 peaches (snack - to change the cauliflower taste in my mouth)

Total cals: 1765. Carbs: 83.5%. Proteins: 9.9%. Lipids: 6.6%

I ate a lot of cauliflower lately, so I don't want to eat any more. I had almost 3 small heads of cauliflower in my room, and they had to be used up as they started to wilt, so I turned them into a mash. I made a huge portion, I couldn't finish it all. By far, my favourite dish is obviously zoodles smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 26, 2015 12:22PM

July 24, 2015:

- 4 peaches (breakfast)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (lunch)
- 1 kg peaches and 1.3 kg plums, plus 2 sweet ripe apricots I got in church (dinner)

Total cals: 1557. Carbs: 84.4%. Proteins: 8.5%. Lipids: 7.1%

Date: July 26, 2015 12:24PM

July 25, 2015:

- a 6.370 kg watermelon (the edible part) (breakfast and lunch)
- raw tomato soup with zucchini noodles (5 kg tomatoes, 3 zucchinis, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 2893. Carbs: 85.1%. Proteins: 8.7%. Lipids: 6.2%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: July 26, 2015 12:25PM

On Friday I found a large ripe sweet peach in the supermarket, I bought it just because of that. I told the cashier to be careful with it as it's very ripe (I ment to handle it with care, to avoid turning it into a mush). She asked me: "so you don't want it?". I said: "yes, I want it, that's the reason I bought it". I washed it and ate it outside, it was so delicious, I imagined it was just like those ripe juicy mangoes I see on Youtube smiling smiley

Date: July 26, 2015 12:26PM

Also on Friday I bought 7 kg of ripe tomatoes from the farmers market (they tasted like real tomatoes), but most of them were cracked and needed to be used up quickly, so I turned them into an amazing soup, I've been craving that, especially because here in the house they make tomato juice for the winter (boiled, of course), which smells so good, so "tomatoey"...

Date: July 26, 2015 12:26PM

I still have around 2 kg tomatoes for today, so another soup for dinner smiling smiley

So yesterday I had mostly liquids in my menu, Cronometer shows me: 10.929.9 g water, 1742% Vitamin C, 3535% Vitamin A, and 417338.4 units Lycopene from the watermelon and tomatoes.

Date: July 27, 2015 12:48PM

July 26, 2015:

- 7 peaches (breakfast)
- 1.3 kg local plums (lunch)
- raw tomato soup with zucchini noodles (2 kg tomatoes, 1 zucchini, 1/2 bunch of dill) (dinner - meal 1)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (4 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of dill) (dinner - meal 2)

Total cals: 1544. Carbs: 83.6%. Proteins: 8.9%. Lipids: 7.5%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 12:54PM by Ela2013.

Date: July 28, 2015 01:17PM

July 27, 2015:

- 6 peaches (breakfast)
- 1.3 kg local plums (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (3 zucchinis, 1.3 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), 1 orange pepper (dinner)
- 2 soft creamy bananas, spotty and ripe (snack before midnight - I got them from my friend, and stored them in my wardrobe, in a sealed bag, in my winter blanket, to ripen nice and sweet) smiling smiley

Total cals: 1588. Carbs: 85.4%. Proteins: 7.9%. Lipids: 6.7%

Date: August 01, 2015 02:35PM

Starting with last Saturday, I went through rough times, because our beloved priest from our church went into deep coma due to repeated cerebral vascular accidents (strokes). He past away on July 29, and I totally had to change my usual schedule ever since. I barely had time to eat and sleep, I went home for short times to eat and sleep, then went back to church. I didn't have time to go shopping, so I ate whatever I had in my room from previous shopping trips. We had 2 nights when we stayed next to his coffin in church the whole time, reading the Psalms of David on and on (we must read the Psalms of David continuously until the funeral). Even though it was a sad time, it was so beautiful, as we stayed there with him, reading the prayers, it was quiet and peaceful, it was the last time with him. He was smiling even then, he looked so serene and in peace, like he was sleeping. He was happy he went to God...
The funeral service was long, but beautiful, there came around 100 priests, most of them were his ex-students, as our priest was also teaching students to become priests. I miss him deeply already...
I need to get a lot of sleep now, as I only slept 20 min the first night and 1 hour the second night.
We went to a festive lunch after the funeral, at the same restaurant we went earlier this year. I didn't know about this, so I couldn't e-mail the chef like I did the last time, but I talked there to the same waiter who attended our table then, and he recognized me and brought me a raw vegan lunch again. He appologized for bringing me the same dish for both courses, as he didn't had a variety of raw veggies this time. However, for the second course, he found a large lemon, as I requested lemon juice to marinate the veggies in. So the second course was so delicious. I drank plenty of still water and for desert I had 1 nectarine that I got from church (everyone got a small bag with a large roll, a bottle of juice, a nectarine and a candle). My friend took pics of my lunch, so I'll post them later. I don't know what sprouts they were, they were very leafy and with long stems, and they were not spicy like the ones I tasted so far. One lady at the table said it was rucola, but that's bitter and they were so mild and tender. I need to look them up.
Last evening I went to farmers market as I only had 1 bell pepper in my room, and I got what I needed for dinner (plus some extra zucchinis as a back-up). This morning I went to farmers market again and got 2 watermelons, 2 kg plums, 2 kg peaches, apricots, cucumbers, 1 kg yellow tomatoes (very good, I ate one), 1 kg regular tomatoes, dill, bell peppers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2015 02:41PM by Ela2013.

Date: August 01, 2015 02:36PM

So...my menu these days:

July 28, 2015:

- 700 g peaches and 3 nectarines (breakfast)
- 2 kg local plums (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 zucchinis, 1.2 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), 1 orange pepper (dinner)

Total cals: 1721. Carbs: 85.7%. Proteins: 7.7%. Lipids: 6.6%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 01, 2015 02:36PM

July 29, 2015:

- 3 peaches (pre-lunch snack - 3 pm)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), 1 orange pepper (lunch)

Total cals: 559.6. Carbs: 78.2%. Proteins: 12%. Lipids: 9.8%

Date: August 01, 2015 02:38PM

July 30, 2015:

- half a watermelon (around 3 kg edible part) (early breakfast - 8 am)
- the rest of the watermelon (the other half, around 3 kg edible part) (dinner - 11 pm)

Total cals: 1800. Carbs: 89.2%. Proteins: 6.7%. Lipids: 4.1%

Date: August 01, 2015 05:30PM

July 31, 2015:

- first course: sprouts with shredded carrot and shredded celeriac (restaurant festive lunch)
- second course: sprouts with much more shredded carrot and much more shredded celeriac, plus the juiceof 1 large lemon (restaurant festive lunch)
- desert: 1 nectarine (restaurant festive lunch - 6 pm)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (7 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), 1 orange pepper (dinner - 11 pm) (I ate only 3/4 of this dinner, I ate the rest of it this morning)

Total cals: 672.4. Carbs: 76.3%. Proteins: 13.3%. Lipids: 10.4%

Date: August 02, 2015 11:57AM

August 01, 2015:

- 150 g plums, 30 g apricots and 300 g peaches (breakfast)
- almost 1/2 watermelon (around 2.5 kg edible part) (lunch)
- 500 g plums, 100 g apricots (snack)
- the rest of the watermelon (around 3.5 kg edible part) (dinner)

Total cals: 2278. Carbs: 89%. Proteins: 6.6%. Lipids: 4.4%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 03, 2015 02:16PM

August 02, 2015:

- 870 g apricots (breakfast)
- 1.350 kg local plums (lunch)
- 1 yellow tomato (snack)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (7 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill), 2 bell peppers, 7 small cucumbers, 3 yellow tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 1583. Carbs: 78.4%. Proteins: 12.1%. Lipids: 9.4%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 04, 2015 12:37PM

August 03, 2015:

- 3 kg watermelon (edible part) (breakfast)
- 500 g local peaches (lunch)
- 3.6 kg watermelon (edible part) (dinner)

Total cals: 2175. Carbs: 89%. Proteins: 6.8%. Lipids: 4.2%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 05, 2015 02:21PM

August 04, 2015:

- 1.2 kg peaches (breakfast)
- 1.440 kg local plums (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (5 zucchinis, 1 kg tomatoes, fresh dill), next to 2 bell peppers, 1 yellow tomato, and a salad of 1/2 head of curly green leaf lettuce, 5 small cucumbers, the juice of 3 lemons, fresh dill (dinner)

Total cals: 1508. Carbs: 85%. Proteins: 8.2%. Lipids: 6.8%

I didn't eat the whole salad, just 1/4 of it. My favourite is butter lettuce, but it was wilted yesterday evening when I went to farmers market, so I got a giant curly green leaf lettuce, which is not that tender, so it is better as juice.

Ever since our priest died, I don't feel like eating, I'm not in the mood of eating, I eat only because I have to, the food doesn't taste the same...
I miss him so much, I can still see him during church service, even if he's not really there, but next to God on His right side. The church is so empty without him. He was an amazing person, he helped me so much in every way. My biggest fear now is that I'll eventually forget him, his voice, his presence, as time goes by. I don't want to need the pictures with him to remember him, I want him to be always in my memory. I want to go everyday to his grave and talk to him, but I know his soul is now free in Heaven...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 12, 2015 11:02AM

August 05, 2015:

- 560 g local plums (breakfast)
- large salad box: shredded zucchinis, yellow tomatoes, regular tomatoes, fresh dill, curly green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, lemon juice, next to 2 bell peppers (dinner)

Total cals: 449.2. Carbs: 82.1%. Proteins: 9.7%. Lipids: 8.2%

August 06, 2015:

- 4.5 kg watermelon edible part (breakfast and lunch)
- 2 kg plums (dinner)

Total cals: 2270. Carbs: 89.4%. Proteins: 6.1%. Lipids: 4.5%

August 07, 2015:

- 1.5 kg local plums (breakfast)
- 1.4 green grapes (imported but very good) (lunch)
- large salad box: shredded zucchinis, regular tomatoes, fresh dill, curly green leaf lettuce, lemon juice, next to 1 yellow tomato (dinner)

Total cals: 2037. Carbs: 89.4%. Proteins: 5.9%. Lipids: 4.7%

August 08, 2015:

- 5 kg watermelon (edible part) (breakfast)
- 100 g green grapes (lunch)
- 1 yellow tomato and few regular tomatoes (pre-dinner snack)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce with tomato dill sauce (in total I used 5 zucchinis, 2 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of fresh dill, 1 head of butter lettuce, which was rather bitter, I didn't like it) (dinner)

Total cals: 2109. Carbs: 85.4%. Proteins: 8.6%. Lipids: 6%

Date: August 12, 2015 11:11AM

August 09, 2015:

- 1 kg watermelon (edible part) (breakfast)
- 2 kg plums (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (in total I used 5 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of fresh dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 1612. Carbs: 85.9%. Proteins: 7.6%. Lipids: 6.6%

August 10, 2015:

- 2 kg plums (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to 100 g butter lettuce (in total I used 6 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of fresh dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 1345. Carbs: 84.6%. Proteins: 8.1%. Lipids: 7.3%

August 11, 2015:

- 500 g plums (breakfast)
- 1 peach (snack)
- 2.460 kg nectarines (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce, next to a salad of butter lettuce and lemon juice (in total I used 6 zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of fresh dill, the juice of 2 lemons, 500 g butter lettuce - finally a tender soft buttery lettuce) (dinner)

Total cals: 1878. Carbs: 82.7%. Proteins: 9.7%. Lipids: 7.6%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 13, 2015 02:09PM

August 12, 2015:

- 2.7 kg nectarines (breakfast)
- salad: red cabbage, grated carrots, lemon juice, next to another salad: cucumbers, red bell pepper, yellow bell peppers, tomatoes (dinner)

Total cals: 1711. Carbs: 84.7%. Proteins: 8.9%. Lipids: 6.4%

At one point I put the remaining grated carrots in the tomato pepper cucumber salad, and the carrots were so good in the tomato juice, sweet and softer.

Date: August 13, 2015 07:39PM

August 13, 2015:

- raw vegan tomato soup (tomato dill sauce, cucumbers, red bell pepper, yellow bell peppers, grated carrots, cauliflower), next to a red cabbage salad (red cabbage, lemon juice) (lunch)
- 1 honeydew melon (around 1 kg edible part) (dinner)

Total cals: 1106. Carbs: 83.2%. Proteins: 10.1%. Lipids: 6.7%

My favourite melon is watermelon, but I also like honeydew melon, though I can't eat much of it and not all the time, I rarely crave it and only if I sense it's banana-like smell. The one I had this evening didn't even fill me up, I'm still hungry.

But the raw tomato soup was so awsome and filling smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 15, 2015 12:47PM

August 14, 2015:

- 2 kg plums (lunch)
- cauliflower casserole (cauliflower, tomato dill sauce), next to a red cabbage salad (red cabbage, lemon juice), few heirloom tomatoes and a red bell pepper (dinner)

Total cals: 1643. Carbs: 83.7%. Proteins: 9.3%. Lipids: 7%

Date: August 16, 2015 08:50PM

August 15, 2015:

- a 500 ml sparkling water bottle, 2 bananas (not ripe), 1 green Golden apple, 1 nectarine, 4 small plums (breakfast - all from my friend Laura)
- 1 honeydew melon (500 g edible part) (lunch)
- a red cabbage salad (red cabbage, lemon juice), few tomatoes (snack)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, and 1 red bell pepper (snack)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (2 kg zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner)

Total cals: 1321. Carbs: 81.1%. Proteins: 10.4%. Lipids: 8.5%

August 16, 2015:

- 750 g plums (breakfast)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (2 kg zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (lunch)
- zoodles with zucchini tomato dill sauce (2 kg zucchinis, 1.5 kg tomatoes, 1 bunch of dill) (dinner)
- 100 g green grapes (snack - for the sweet taste)

Total cals: 1660. Carbs: 76.2%. Proteins: 12.7%. Lipids: 11.1%

Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables