Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dear Raw Foodists I Need Your Advice
Posted by: kotryna ()
Date: January 03, 2014 09:14PM

Hello Raw Foodists,

I've been eating raw for almost 4 months. Few days ago I started to eat superfoods and other raw food that would help me to detox my system. So today I had high fever (39.1 C), headache, back pain, racing heart, I felt cold, which in my opinion are detox symptoms. My mom got worried and called ambulance and the doctor said I have symptoms of tonsillitis ( which I think is bullshit because I had these kind of symptoms before and it went away in a day or two) and injected metamizole (analgin) which is now banned in more than 30 countries.
I feel extremely disappointed right now, like all my efforts went in vain. My body started detox and I messed it all up.
I would love to hear your suggestions, should I fast for some days to get it out of my system? What would you guys do?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dear Raw Foodists I Need Your Advice
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: January 03, 2014 09:47PM

I have been experiencing some detox symptoms myself while on high raw and at some point I reached a fever of 40 degrees C. As I read that when fever reaches/is over 40 degrees C it is no longer detox, I took medication to calm it down. I hesitated a lot and felt like I betrayed my principles (because I didn’t want to use chemicals ever again) and I felt disappointed and I felt like a coward, but I also got scared and thought what to do if fever goes beyond 40 degrees C.

I also experienced extreme cold shivering, I could bearly speak because I felt so cold. My nose was stuffed so I used nasal spray to be able to breathe while sleeping. I knew they were all chemicals, but I’ve tried natural nasal remedies like lemon juice and salty water, but with no long term effect.

So my advice to you is not to feel guilty at all, nor disappointed. I read that if the detox is too difficult, you could slow it down by adding in few cooked veggies so that detox is slower. I wouldn’t go back to cooked though, not even a little. Instead, I would go on with the raw and detox, and maybe use natural remedies like natural extract of salix alba which is the natural aspirin and helpful against fever and other flu-like symptoms.

Or just hang in there until detox is over, make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep, reduce activity to minimum, stay well hydrated and just lay down, clear your mind of stressful thoughts.

Maybe you should quit taking those superfoods that got you into forced detox and just let detox come naturally just by eating raw vegan food.

Take care and get well soon smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: kotryna ()
Date: January 03, 2014 10:33PM

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question and for your support. I definitely won't go back to my old eating habits and will try to get the best out of this situation.

It seems this road is not an easy one, good to know someone is there for you. smiling smiley

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: January 04, 2014 10:47AM

I'm glad I could be of help, even if a little bit. It's important to have support on this journey as it's not an easy one, especially at first.

Here is a video, I think it's useful as related to what you've been asking, just watch it all the way through:

[www.youtube.com]

It helps me watching videos of Kristina, Freelee, Megan Elizabeth, Doug Graham, Matt Monarch, Mimi Kirk and other raw foodists. And reading this forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables