Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lotus's Diary
Posted by: lotus ()
Date: May 23, 2014 04:20PM

Hi all,
I have just made up my mind to start on a raw food diet. I am pretty anxious. Mine is a 9-10 hour work at desk. I go tot he gym in the mornings, work out for an hour. I am 15 kgs over-weight [I weigh 72 kgs and am 157 cms tall] and am 25. I have been over weight for most of my life. I am feeling pretty low lately and want to work on it. To start with, I thought I must change my food, because you think what you eat. But am very anxious if I can sustain the momentum.There is going to be a lot of social pressure and also, I may give up during my mood swings. I eat out all the time, 'coz am so done with cooking on my own. And how to handle the craving when making the switch.

Looking forward for help and support.

Thanks!
Lotus

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lotus's Diary
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 23, 2014 06:44PM

Greetings! Why are you "so done with cooking on your own?" Or are you done with eating cooked food altogether? I need to know these things before being able to really give you any advice.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 23, 2014 08:10PM

It takes mental toughness and finally coming to the point where you decide you aren't going to be controlled by cravings and other unhealthy habits. Detox symptoms are not just physical but also psychological. It takes a long time to fully detox the body but once you get there, you'll feel better than you have in years. I think it takes around seven years for every cell in the body to be replaced, but that doesn't mean it will take that long to feel really good. You can also speed up the detox process with the use of infrared sauna's and colon hydrotherapy (and of course daily exercise).

Chlorella is great at detoxing the body, specifically heavy metals, cleanses the blood due its richness in chlorophyll (40x more than wheatgrass), and is rich in nucleic acids which help to repair DNA. You don't have to go 100% raw at one time, in fact it may be unwise to do so unless doing the above detox methods daily/weekly, but instead go 100% whole foods. Personally, I went from SAD to 100% organic, then I went vegan, then I went 90-95% raw (lightly steaming veggies), then finally 100% raw. Fruits, smoothies, salads, nuts, and seeds are good ways to ease the transition. As you become more and more clean, you may want to get into sprout/grass juices and higher doses of algae's.

Date: May 24, 2014 07:51AM

It's just that am having a very low time. I have no more excitement to cook food. I just eat out. Otherwise, am usually very fond of homefood rather than eating out!

Date: May 24, 2014 07:53AM

prindl, Thanks a lot! Yes, shall try to slowly change my food habits. Day by day, am realizing how much the food I eat is affecting my whole personality. I am trying to get out an emotional low. I wish it changes the way I look and feel.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 24, 2014 10:25AM

All of us may give up at one time. Live one day at a time, in the present moment, and love yourself for who you are. smiling smiley

Start with eating more fresh/raw/organic/ripe fruits and vegetables, especially hydrating sweet fruit and greens. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables