Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Here I go!
Posted by: VeganR ()
Date: July 01, 2014 12:17AM

Day #1

Big glass of H20
20min. brisk walk

8:30: 2 small mangos & 1-2 cups grapes

10:45 1 apple & small bowl of cherries

12:45: Monster size salad with spinach/ broccoli/ broccoli sprouts/ tomatoes/ bean sprouts/ jicama/ mushroom/ carrots/ dressing was 1/4 avocado, <1tbsp tahini & fresh squeezed lemon juice. And a few grapes & a date

3:30: 1/2 cantaloupe & 1 cup blueberries

*** 50 min spin class ***

7:00: Green smoothie consisting of 2-3 frozen bananas/ spinach/ <1 tbsp. black strap molasses/ 1-2 tsp coconut/ 2 dates/ powders: maca, spirulina, kelp

oh & lots of water!

That's my first day! I'm really bloated sad smiley However, I'm having issues going to the bathroom so the extra fiber doesn't feel so good, but I'm actually hoping my body will get used to it.

How does this look for weight loss?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here I go!
Date: July 02, 2014 11:50PM

Day 2:

- 2 small mangos/ grapes/ blueberries/ date
- apple/ handful of cherries
- banana smoothie with all my powders & spinach/ 3 dates
-1/2 apple
- Large veggie salad with 1/4 avo & <1 tbsp. tahini & lemon juice/ a few grapes
2 dates

*** 35 min weight circuit training ***

Day 3:

- Blueberries/ apple
- jicama & 2 dates
- smoothie with pineapple & 2 dates
- mango & grapes
- banana smoothie with 5 dates/ powders/ spinach/ flax

Still very bloated. Hoping it subsides!!!!

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 03, 2014 01:02AM

I think you're bloating is due to improper food combining.

This should give you a good idea of which fruits when combined don't cause digestive problems: [www.raw-food-living.com]

Try only eating two fruits at a time and wait for them to fully digest before eating something else. Personally, I wouldn't combine dates with anything other than bananas (but I don't really eat bananas).

Are you new to raw foods? What could also be happening is that over the decades of consuming cooked foods, your digestive tract never learned how to properly digest raw foods and may take some time to get acclimated to your new diet. Much like if you went years without using your arms, you'd have to go through physical therapy and take it little by little until you had full functioning, the same goes with your digestion. You build it up by eating raw foods and giving it a 'workout'.

With the smoothies, I'd try and avoid green smoothies, there's a lot of hype surrounding them but it's not really a good practice. Much better than SAD foods, but nowhere near optimal (oxalates in greens, promotes fermentation, etc). If you do opt for the smoothies, try swishing it around before drinking to mix with saliva (digestion begins in the mouth), otherwise you are drinking roughage and putting more of a strain on your digestive system.

Date: July 03, 2014 07:37PM

Thanks for the tips!

I ate raw in the past about 5 years ago for a couple years. Then I started eating "normal" again.....that consisted of meat/ eggs / fruit/ veggies and the occasional processed food. I've always eaten whole foods now it's just uncooked and no animals smiling smiley

I actually feel a TON better today. Yesterday I felt like crap. I was tired/ emotional & had a major headache. (must have been detoxing) However I had a major BM which I'm super excited about because I haven't been going to the bathroom much at all for a couple of months. I also went this morning so honestly that has made me feel a lot better. I have had so much energy so far today!!!! It's like I've had caffeine....it's crazy! My bloating is a lot better since I've gone to the bathroom a couple times. It's amazing from just eating a lot of fruit how much better my bowels already are!

I'll post my diary tonight after dinner!

Date: July 08, 2014 12:33AM

I'm totally in love with dates right now! I had like 4 for a snack & was still a little hungry but found myself saying "I should stop, these are pretty high in sugar and calories" haha! Then I ate a few more smiling smiley

Today was
grapes & mango
2 apples
garlicky kale, broccoli & tomato salad with figs & beets with lemon juice dressing....UH-mazing! bowl of grapes and a few dates
smoothie with mixed fruit/ spinach & 8 dates

I'm so happy eating fruit smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2014 05:58PM

I got early this morning, had a good liter of water then went for a nice brisk 45 min walk before it got super hot! I really enjoy starting my day getting my body moving.

Breakfast was 3 mangos, blueberries, grapes

Just ate jicama with a sprinkle of coconut shreds, garlicky kale, watermelon & banana date ice cream

Tonight will probably be fruit salad

One thing I like eating all these fruits & veggies is that when I'm full it doesn't last long so I never have that heavy feeling I got when I would eat beans, tempeh. I might have those on occasion but I'm stickin' to the fruit & veggies!!!

Date: July 13, 2014 10:04PM

Woke up & drank a liter of water. I really am loving how drinking a lot of water first thing refreshes me and gets everything moving! smiling smiley

Breakfast was the usual....grapes/ mangos

I had lunch with some friends at a vegan restaurant, prior to going raw it was one of my favorite places....it still is, I just don't get what I normally would. I did however get some tempeh on my huge salad & I don't know if it was just my imagination but I swear I was tired after I ate it, just kinda draggin. I had 2 dates for dessert smiling smiley

I had a nice workout a little bit ago outside. Even with the crazy hot temps, I'm trying to do more outside. It feels better to go out in nature and be around other people too. I did about 35 min of random walking/ running/ lunges/ squats.

I just had a bowl of grapes now I'm enjoying a good size bowl of banana ice cream with dates.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Date: July 15, 2014 12:18AM

Had a really good day of energy!!!!

Grapes/ mangos/ 2 dates

small salad with veggies & a few grapes

couple slices of dried mangos/ figs & papaya & 1/2 watermelon

cut up jicama, beets, carrots, 1/4 avo, garlicky kale, cherries, 3 figs & 3 dates.

Dinner took me like 45 min to eat lol!!! I'm already a slow eater but all this fiber slows things down!!!!

*** I had a good workout on the treadmill running/ and walking hill intervals for 20min then did other random workout stuff for 15 min

Date: July 16, 2014 02:46AM

Today was gorgeous outside!!!! I enjoy these few "relief" days from the heat smiling smiley

I went to spin class this morning which always kicks my booty! Feels good to get the heart pumpin' and get the lungs open.

My day:

mangos & grapes & 2 dates

banana date ice cream (maybe 3 bananas & 10 dates?)

a couple dried mango pieces & papaya

garlicky kale, carrots/ jicama/ sprouts with lemon juice & 1/4 avocado
watermelon & 4 dates

It was so gorgeous outside, I couldn't waste the night so after dinner I went for a nice leisure 20min walk!

Date: July 17, 2014 12:36AM

It's neat how eating clean makes you appreciate nature more. Today was a fun day with the kids I babysit. We went to the park for a couple hours and ran around the field and chased each other & played soccer. Then later on I went for a 2 mi brisk walk and did ab work in the sun. It was amazing!!!!

Not to mention I've also had 4 bm's today! Sorry if that's tmi for some people but that used to be an issue of mine so it's a wonderful thing to go just by changing my diet!!!

Today:

grapes/ mangos/ 4 dates

watermelon/ grapes

garlicky kale

banana date ice cream & carrot cake!!!! It was dessert night!

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Date: August 01, 2014 01:49AM

Hey ya'll!

I've been camping with my family & out of town after that for a little bit! It's good to be back.

I wasn't sure how camping would be with all my fruit intake winking smiley Surprisingly it went fabulous! I stuck with my lifestyle with an addition of a little popcorn a couple nights. It's my weakness, I confess!!!

I was also surprised that nobody really said anything. It could be because I've eaten high fruit raw before so this isn't new.

My diet is honestly very repetitive. The usual mangos grapes, watermelon which is so yummy right now, blueberries & of course banana date ice cream...I'm getting everyone hooked!!!

I haven't worked out much except for a few walks here & there. I'm enjoying my body getting to rest some.

I've noticed my joints are starting to hurt???? not bad, I just notice it in my knees when I'm going downstairs. Since I've gone raw about a month ago I've gained some poundage, so it could be the excess though.

Have a good night!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables