Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
two weeks into it.
Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: December 10, 2006 10:16PM

For two weeks now I have been about 75% raw. I feel great and lighter( my weight has dropped a few lbs).I feel like I am eating plenty, but, I get really hungry late at night. I work 10 hour swing shift and get off work at 2am.by that time I have run out of ideas. I can only eat so many nuts and bannanas.I usually start my day off with a smoothie. this includes a scoop of veg. protien powder( hence the 75%) a bannana and maybe some frozen blueberries or something.the rest of my day is veggies nuts and fruit.it seems so easy/simple.I am learning a lot and finding out different combos and tastes. I bought a book called "Raw Foods Made Easy" she has some good stuff.Last night I made tomatoes with basil and mushrooms(fake mozarella) salt, pepper, and olive oil. for dessert I made frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, bannanas and raw coconut. tasty. I can't believe how full I was.I have a history with food obssesion, so I am hoping this isn't just "feeding" my obsession.But, I am on this web sight writing a diary entry sooooooooo......It really just seems like the right thing to be doing for my health and the environment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: two weeks into it.
Date: December 13, 2006 08:34PM

2 week and 3 days into it. I like the " do what feels right for you." thanks everyone I have learned a lot from being on here. I read that there is more to life than food. so i am outta here.

Date: December 21, 2006 08:30PM

I think I am getting a food dehydrator for X mas and maybe a juicer. It will be nice to start haveing more variety.so far so good though. almost 4 weeks into it.

Date: December 26, 2006 11:03PM

Santa was good to me. I relapsed on some maple leaf cookies. vegan but FAAAAR from raw. back to it today.smiling smiley

Date: January 03, 2007 06:32PM

I am starting to feel real sick(hungover) the morning after I eat things that aren't raw.This seems like an evil side effect to me. maybe it will keep me more on track.still about 80% raw, though. yippee skippy.

Date: January 13, 2007 07:15PM

this raw food deal is becoming more and more of a habit. I am very cold and drink a TON of hot tea.I have only lost 2 or 3 pounds,but, I feel better.maybe I don't really need to loose any.(?)I had a nasty bronchial virus for a bout two months.VANISHED as soon as I went RAW. so cool.I really love leaving animals OUT of my diet. I even feel a bit weird when i wear an old leather belt or shoes.
see ya

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:20PM

HEy AliceN

you know you can buy raw protein powder

Look for HEMP protein powder. There is a brand here in Canada, states that it is raw with sprouted flax seeds as well and maca in the mix...I think it's RUTHS...ya pretty sure it is.

You can order it online just do a searc h Ruths protein powder..get the kind wiht sprouted fpax and maca - superfood!

GOod luck on your journey and thanx for visiting my log!

Keep warm

Date: January 23, 2007 10:18PM

I am in training for a 33 mile 2400 ft elevation gain bike ride(Feb. 25). I haven't given up soy but I am consuming Hemp powder and LOTS of spinach.i should prolly eat more vegs than fruits but I have a HUGE sweet tooth.I find that the Lara bars and "raw" processed bars are good for trainig.off to RIDE RIDE RIDE. Yay it's not raining YET

Date: January 24, 2007 09:58PM

I am drinking my first juicer juice.
my mother in law mailed me her old onesmiling smiley
1 green apple
a small ball of ginger
three chunks of beet
a bunch of carrots
hemp seed powder(doesn't stir in to well I found so I blended it)
kinda messy but SOOOOO tastey
i feel healthier already

does anyone even read these?

Date: January 25, 2007 02:14AM

WOW the bike ride sounds GREAT!!
do tell more about it...

Where is it?
how r u training in this winter....

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 25, 2007 02:42AM

i read them alicenubby-man-i feel like a whimp after i read about your bike training.well-your juice sounded so good. i love beets.they just taste so earthy.i have been so cold too.i drink hot tea made with 3 cloves.i think i saw that tip on this website.well-u are doing good.keep up the good work. i got a carido-stride treadmill.it is so hard.i can do 5 mins on it.isn't that just pathetic??hee hee-see i told u i was a whimp.taylor

Date: January 25, 2007 11:53AM

I am so happy.The bike ride is near Seattle...called the Chilly Hilly. I have never done it but i hear it is a killer.so far the only training I have done is sit ups, push ups and bike commuting(24 miles round trip)The big part of my training has been changing my diet.I used to eat ALLLL sweets junk food. one day would look like this:
coffee
coffee
coffee
donut
coffee
pb&j
peanut m&ms
MOCHA
etc
now it has turned around. yay!its kinda easy to pick out just fruits and veggies at the store.although I am cheating as I write.....progress not perfection that is what I've heard wise people saysmiling smiley

Date: January 25, 2007 02:20PM

alice-i love that---progress not perfection!! i was trying to do phase 1 of the gabriel cousens...diet.what they heck do i eat for breakfast?so i cheated and had a yam.oh well-till i know what i can have.you are amazing-all that biking.what made u decide to change over to this way of eating? hugs taylor

Date: January 25, 2007 08:34PM

A friend and her fiance' have been doing the raw diet for a few years. everytime I vistit I get to try something new and wierd and tastey and RAW. then I watched an animal abuse video labled "this is why I eat Vegan". that really sealed the deal. What about you,Taylor? Who is gabriel cousens?

Date: January 26, 2007 01:32AM

gabriel cousens is like the guru of raw foods -i guess this is the best way to describe him.he is like 61 and on his 61st b.d. he did 600 push -ups -one right after the other .he tells how to go about the different pahses of eating-phase one s i guess to cleanse your body.then there is phase 1.5 and so on.i don't know how to do phase one-u get no fruit and it is so limited. i asked the others if they had any idea for breakfast.u can have cococnut pulp...is this coconut meat or is it the meat smashed up?got no anwers.soo! i guess i need to figure this out.i got the rainbow greenlive-food book.well-i was a southern gal and loved all the food from the south.then met hubby who was 7th day adventist and he did not eat meat and they are pretty healthy i guess. i started learning about being vegetarian at18 and was one for 15 yrs.then we got away from it.yrs later-i just got so ill-do now i am commited to make myself better.if i could get some answers...it will help.everybody is so use to doing this stuff-i guess they think new people know the options.i have only been raw since like the frist of this yr.i know those video's are horrid to watch.how was the bike training today? i could not imagen doing what u are.amazing...truly!! ok-have a great nite.taylor

Date: January 28, 2007 09:18PM

hmmm maybe I will try to give up coffee........
I feel like I have been living a rAW food LIE.
I try everyday but I can't seen to give up certain things like
COFFEE
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIPS
SOY ICE CREAM
the other day I devoured a vegan AMYS frozen pizza(cooked of course)
all I can do is keep plugging away.
I am soooooo much healthier than ever before though.thanks everybody!

Date: January 29, 2007 01:30AM

well alice -u know u can do this cooked eating .i guess this is why we tell others i am 75% raw or 80% raw.gabriel cousens has cooked food in his book but it is to be used very little.maybe not processed foods but he says we can cook yams and beets and such.of course...i yet do not knwo his method of cooking. maybe it is in the food dryer for a few hours to warm stuff up.heck if i know.i had hot and sour soup yesterday cause we got together with family and i did not know we were going to a resturant.that was the least damage i could do.i loosened up my sinuses so not all was lost.it was low cal and it was warm.it is cold out.i had a no fat and no sugar yogurt in a small dish the other day as a reward for loosing weight.but it was not the best.but i had just gotten gabriels book.so i sat and read that while i ate my naughty yougurt treat.you are trying to aim for being raw as much as u can so i don't feel it is a lie. i don't want to be a know it all cause i know nothing.but i did not want u to feel bad.taylor

Date: January 29, 2007 07:25PM

if I can do it with my emotional eatring YOU can -
you just have to be ready - HELL I was where you are for 2 years - raw all day once home..look out - I had my 6 year old screaming at me one evening to "stop eating all my cookies"
I'll never forget that...
BUt it didn't stop me from eating in secret....

I stepped on the scale a while back and saw that I had gained 12 pounds....that was all the motivation I needed

Today is day 14 raw..
I tell ya though that a YAM was haunting me last night and I almost caved - but didn't!!

What can I tell ya, If you're going to eat cooked, try to eat cooked veggies, give up the grain...
When I did this becoming 99-100% raw just became more manageable..

We are ALL addicted to grains - all of em!
soy is not good either--it is processed. edameme beans if you want soy...

congrats on your journey - your body is lovin it!

Date: January 30, 2007 06:05AM

thank you so much ladies! I have been checking in with your jourals too. insirations.
everyday is a new day
a new chance to start again
I am way healthier
today was a pretty good day?????
nah not that great. I gorged on corn chips.
BUT I made a juice in my new/used juicer
carrots
spinach
GARLIC(oh my god 3 cloves...what was I thinking?)
beets
yum

Date: January 30, 2007 09:53PM

ok. I like the idea rawrnr has of checking in everyday. sooooooooo
I start my day of with coffee always(A LOT of it) vitamins and water.on my way to a meeting I ate an apple. after the meeting i ate a bananna and another apple and a few nuts mixed with vegan chocolate chips and raisins.
just made a carrot spinach and ginger juice took my vitamins and drank water.
I have flax seeds soaking. in two days when they are a bit fermented and sprouting a little, I will make some raw crackers in my dehydrtaor. haveing those around will help me with my carb. binging. i am going to work soon I have made a salad and packed a few pieces of fruit. a RAWrevolution chocolate bar(yum) and some tea packets.I am riding my bike to and from work.
this is a typical day for me
THEN I get home at 2am and have the POINTLESS munchies! and go to bed (BADBADBAD)
I am 5'8 145lbs. 33 years old and pretty strong I guess.
I fell pretty good til I look in the mirror
I have a twisted self image that is getting better with time.
like I have said already though I feel great eating"75-80%"raw.
plus it's sortof fun??

Date: January 30, 2007 09:55PM

it is a sunny day here in Seattle YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY

Date: January 31, 2007 11:32AM

it is 3: 30 am I just got home from work.peaceful ride home 31 degrees I am now at the pointless munchies part of my day. I am eating dries apples.... thats ok.

Date: February 01, 2007 12:00PM

did great today til 1/2 hour ago.dang I get the munchies soooo bad when I get home AND I don't even smoke pot.sooooo I am NOT going to buy anything at the store unless it is raw. If my husband does than it will probly be animal foods....easy to stay away from for me.today is the ssecond day in a row that I rode my bike.tomorrow's 'spose to be almost 50 degrees and SUNNY.no excuse not to ride. life is great!
I am full of boca burger and ketchup and soy choc. peanut butter icecream.GAWDANG
tomorrows another day people. ilovefruitilovefruitilovefruitilovefriut.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:52AM

Just had to stop in to say hi to my fellow diary mates..seems we all have our down times with cravings, and binges to overcome.

Nice chant..ilovefruitlovefruitlovefruit...hahahahaha

Love,
Prism

Date: February 03, 2007 03:48AM

oh man!! u made me hungry for a boca burger!!! hee hee.taylor

Date: February 03, 2007 09:17PM

ok ok ok...yesterday was 100% raw(xcept for coffee and 3diet pops) so I guess it was 95% rawsmiling smiley today I feel great! I have had
2bananas1applesomealondsandraisinsandarawrevolutionbarfewgreenbeans mmmm mmmm mmmm
I am about to make a salad my sis made for me at Christmas it consists
of:
applesredcabbagepecans
she addad vinegar but I don't know about that yet
raw food diet is so easy and cleansing and enerizing and (kinda)low cal.
I feel like ANOTHER new leaf has turned.
I am so glad there are a few of us on this site that keep each other up to datesmiling smileywith our own expiriences.yay for us!

Date: February 04, 2007 02:02AM

I am about to go to Cash and Carry. inexpensive produce by the BUCKETS. Costco is pretty good, too. I am going through it like crazy with this juicer.

Date: February 04, 2007 08:57PM

today has been great so far. I have already lost 3 lbs in 2 1/2 days. last night I cooked tofu and greens and rice.had a normal amount. other than that I have been raw raw raw.my belly is making a lot of noise.
gotta put in a non-raw/vegan plug: PANS LABERYNTH!!!!
I have walked 3 miles today and I am about to go on a ride.fun.I am feeling great!

Date: February 04, 2007 09:19PM

ok. I just made a raw food staple food(for me anyway)
i keep in in the fridge
here you go:
soak raw almonds for at least 24 hours drain and rinse
add flaxseed oil and sea salt
put it in the food processor and make
WEIRD ALMONDBUTTER
for:
raw ants on a log(celery and raisins)
apple dippin'
etc. etc.
fattening but TASTEY

Date: February 05, 2007 01:59AM

sounds yummy.you are doing better than me-at least you are experimenting in cooking-well"uncooking!".i swear this week i will get back to my uncookbooks and crank out some new foods.there is a carrot hummous i want to make.19 calories per teaspoon and you can use romaine lettuce leaves to dip with.sounds yummy. it calls for lemon and i had lime.so i did want to go by the exact recipe.i will have this tomorrow for lunch.the cookbooks are very fascination.did u get this in a cookbook?ok alice hubby.hang in there gal-u are doing great.taylor

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables