Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: two weeks into it.
Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: February 05, 2007 06:51PM

thank you taylor! I do have a raw "cook" book it is called "raw food made easy for 1 or 2 people" by Jennifer cornbleet. I haven't really used it though.welll no I got the lettuce wrap ideas from it.
ILOVEMYNEW/USEDJUICER MMMMMMMMMMMMM HEALTHY!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:58PM

no-it was 19 calories per tablespoon for the carrot hummous.i now remember what i read-grated beets for red rice and grated yams for red rice.I saw the cook book u have and i should of gotten ti cause i alot of times am just cooking for me and hubby.that would be a good book cause so many books have recipes for 4 or more servings per recipe...i am too full to do the carrot hummous tonite. but tomorrow for sure. you are doing great.hgus taylor

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 06, 2007 06:01PM

alicenubby: I love that cookbook - I have it too!

I have to cook for the other five people in the house, so it's so great to have some recipes for just me that I don't have to divide or figure out - I can just make a separate plate of food just for me!

I love the marinara sauce, although the second time I made it, I accidentally used way too much garlic - you don't need much, and I'm crazy about the nori rolls. They are really great!

I used the menu suggestions, and I like the way they combine. The juices are pretty good too.

So many of my recipe books have a lot of labour intensive recipes, and it is so nice to have found this one - most things don't take very long to prepare at all!

If you try a recipe, and love or hate it, please post - the only recipe I wasn't crazy about was one of the dessert recipes. I forget what it was called, but I think it was some kind of date cake with berries on top. When I opened the fridge the second day, I notice the cake untouched, but all the berries picked off and gone, haha!!

Good luck!
Sapphire

Date: February 06, 2007 07:01PM

squeezed 3 grapefruits and mixed it with lemonlime talking rain. tastey and filling but only 50% raw.

Date: February 07, 2007 05:56AM

the rest of my day has been all raw lots of snacks and a big salad:
KALE
SPINACH
RED CABBAGE
THAI BASIL(this really is sooooooo freeeekin' tsty-I eat it even if i am not raw.)
GREEN BEANS
RAISINS
AVACADO
CHERRY TOMATOES
SUNFLOWER SEEDS
oh yeah and a few squirts of "Bragg liqiuid aminos"
what a combo.so good I felt like I was eating pizza and a hot fudge sundae.....justkidding, but it was good.

Date: February 07, 2007 12:49PM

yum! sounds good but i cann't think about it.hee hee.you are doing good gal.hugs taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 07, 2007 08:09PM

hi there....well instead of vinegar in your salad your sis made you for christmas try using lemon it is what i have read about substituting for vinegar in receipes because the vinegar causes an unnatural amount of acid in your body!!
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 08, 2007 02:56AM

alicehubby-have u tried any new recipes with your new cookbook?did u like them and what where they?did your family try them? did they like them? i saw a recipe where you make taco shells and they sound so good. right now with my water fast-everything sounds very good.well-u sound like u are doing wonderful.good for u.hugs taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 11:30AM

Taylor, nah I haven't used any recipes 'cept for a lettuce wrap.it was ok. kinda hard to eat though.

I have been reading up on some of your guyses journals and i feel like a little piggletsmiling smiley I eat soooo much on raw.hmmm maybe that's why I haven't lost weight (really).one profound thing i have noticed is my last 2 PMS' have been mental- hospital, horrid.I really did think My husband was going to have me commited. really sad.I have a friend that said when you go raw everything is more sensitive....eyesight....hearing..... emotions....SEX....etc, some of them heve been really cool but?????????

I would love feed back ladies( seems like a lot of us journalers are ladies).

Date: February 09, 2007 12:56PM

i love the lettuce wraps/i use romaine lettuce. so good and instead of empty cals.we get nourishment.good good idea!I got my spiral slicer and nowthat i am off that water fast-i am looking forward to zucchini noodles tonite with raw tomato sauce on top for dinner tonite.yeah-the pms thing.mine is done.got thru the menopause thing.it was so hard and horrid. i hurt so bad thru the whole thing.but i don't have pms anymore.when i use to-it was pretty bad.my hubby would make me so mad.he would say"somebody is gonna start there period soon"oh!! it would make me so mad.i was crazy.then i would start to question my own sanity and then i would start and he was right.agh.made me mad.then i would thank god! i was not crazy after all.ha ha!i tell my hubby is is deaf and he says i am the same.so my hearing is still deafish.according to him and others.i don't see good.but my sense of smell is way better.funny-sex has always been good...cause i love that man.hee hee.anyway-u and rawrnr are amazing...all the working out.i think this is why u eat so much.it is ok.if u are not gaining and happy with your weight.hugs taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 05:03PM

THANKS Taylor. that sounds SO familiar( your hubbys comments and stuff) Agh is rightsmiling smiley

Date: February 11, 2007 06:51AM

hope u are doing good alicehubby.taylor

Date: February 13, 2007 01:13AM

doing pretty good today I just finished off a juice:
KALE
beets
tons of ginger ( I feel like I have fire breath)
carrots and spinach
oh yeah and beet greens

I want to look for some different combos
the Juicer is my favourite kitchen machine

I had popcorn and redvines last night but oh well.

my car will be waiting to get fixed most of the week sooooo
I HAVE to RIDE my bike

blessing in disguise

life is good
my pants fit loosersmiling smiley
I have light energy

Date: February 13, 2007 08:05AM

whoohoo alicenubby!! your pants are looser that is such a great thing for you!!! and you get to ride your bike this week how awesome!!!! sounds like you are doing great!! congrats we are here for you!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 13, 2007 10:58AM

Dear Alicehubby-don't you love it? i am still alot wearing my 2x pants and i am down to size 18 now. i want to wait till they are so loose i need to almost use a belt.i wear my new size 18 pants for when i go out somewhere.its a great feeling.yummy-beets and kale-that reminds me...i need to get some of that today.i too love my juicer.so healthy.feels so good after u drink some.i love broccoli and apples juiced with fresh lemon juice squezzed in.yummy.hugs and man! u are doing good. i see nothing wrong with pop-corn.sometimes i have some air popped popcorn,with garlic on it.for a feast.it is not unhealthy.hugs taylor

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: February 13, 2007 05:37PM

keep up the great work.. Everything looks great!

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 15, 2007 02:52AM

IT sounds like you are doing great. I really liked reading you journal. Good luck!

Date: February 15, 2007 11:49AM

this is great....
well for me anyways...
everyone around me is getting sick
not me.
i think it is raw livin'
yay(not for the sickies though)

Date: February 16, 2007 07:44AM

awesome awesome for you!!! i bet it is the raw livin' congrats girl !!!! another reason to stick with raw!! good for you!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 16, 2007 10:53AM

gosh thanks you guys.
today wasn't so good.
I ate dark choc. licorice. corn chips. and this rice dish my husband made.
tons of raw food too though.
a couple of you guys are doing bannana mono fasts???
sounds so easy but yet so hard(and mushy)
hmmmm something to think about. I bet I could do two days.

the Chilly Hilly bike ride is in 9 days!!! yayaaaaay It will be fun and hard. I will need to stock up on Larabars so I don't eat their food...although the last event like this I did they had tons of fruit....so did the one before that.better to be safe than sorry.
bye.

Date: February 16, 2007 12:17PM

oh my gosh!! the big chilly hilly bike ride-I am so excited for you .i have been reading and reading your journal and excited and i can not believe someone could do this...i am so excited for you alicehubby.good luck-u have really been training for this. i admire u and would apsire to do a run someday.but i can not run.old knees.well-on the banana's.i think i must eat them not too totally ripe and then cann't go poo.so they really do need to be very ripe like they tell us on this site.i am impressed that u are not getting sick. probably all that fresh air in training helps too.hugs and good luck.keep us posted.taylor

Date: February 16, 2007 07:02PM

Yeah alicenubby!!!! congrats for you!! so excited for you about the big race.....and good idea better to be safe then sorry is right...that way just in case they don't have anything you are stocked and ready...good thinking....you are going to feel amazing after this race i know it...you are such an amazing person!!! don't let the day of some cooked things get you down...we all have downfalls sometimes but you just gotta get up and try again...and hey at least you ate a lot of raw food and kept that cooked moving through your digestive tract smiling smiley!!! well good luck today and keep us posted! take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxx

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 17, 2007 03:13AM

Good luck! YOu are amazing!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 20, 2007 12:44PM

hi alice nubby
had fun reading your journal
your salad with the kale sounded extra delicious too
will try that after i come off my fast ( will be a while though)
biking sounds fun
esp. in nature
where u can smell the dirt
see the crevasses on the mountain
and be surrounded by some plants ( even if they're just twiggy ones)
brambles and bushes

some parts of your journal made me laugh too
but in a good way

take care
ver

Date: February 20, 2007 01:58PM

hows it going dear alicehubby?are u training extra hard right now? i cann't wait for the big bike ride up chilly hilly.hugs taylor

Date: February 20, 2007 07:25PM

things are going well here in 75-80% raw land.I am getting a little bored but, like I have said before and read here before....there is more to life than food.I am still have ing a little trouble with chocolate. I even had a few bites of regular choc. cake ( with eggs and everything YUK) It was my Bday thoughsmiling smiley bad excuse.
seems like I have learned a little bit of moderation???????? hm
so hello everyone and good luck.

Date: February 20, 2007 08:18PM

hey there alicenubby!! good job with everything youare doing a great job....still training hard and eating good...a little choc cake on your bday is fine...you live and learn ahha....well keep up the good work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 21, 2007 12:19PM

happy birthday(even if belated)to you alicehubby.oh well-that is pretty good.so u had a little cake. it was your b.d. for goodness sakes...happy birthday.did u get anything else??hugs taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 12:01PM

thanks you guys.
I will never eat Boca burgers again.
they are evil poison.
I ate two and thought I was goign to dry up(salt) and 12 hours later I thought my lower abdomen was going to explode( I was on my bike)
tomorrow raw.....
so my car broke down. i HAVE to ride my bike.
I will be very broke(car and cat vet bill) so I don't know about doing 100%.at least for a while
next week I am going to Bend, OR. yay

Date: February 22, 2007 12:14PM

oh-we have property not too very far from Bend.how come u are going there alicehubby? Bend has sure grown.we have property up by crater lake,oregon.an acre and a 1/4.it is mountain rural up there. we are paying it off and one day will move up there. there is alot of snow in the winter and alot of times-u can not get out to the main hi-way.the deer there are huge.do u have family in Bend?? i am sorry about your car and kitty.take care and hugs taylor

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables