Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: new phase
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 15, 2010 01:05PM

My goodness is right! I hope you felt well enough to cope with company and a meeting. It sounds like you could have used and extra day or two to come right.

Remember to be kind to yourself.

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: January 15, 2010 09:53PM

Thanks Trive,

I was feeling really well, even dancing to some old hippy music from my youth and my husband's band. I got hungry and made the mistake of eating one of my favorite foods: sesame butter and banana. OH--MY--GOD! Bad combination!!! I think I'll swear off oils for a few more days.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

My best friend became my worst enemy.

Often times it happens, we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key

Date: January 25, 2010 12:19PM

Where is everyone? This used to be an active forum. Hope everyone comes back.

I was doing great being between 90-100% raw and then I went to a requiem yesterday. I fell off the wagon, back slid, relasped, and am suffering the consequences for it. So, I'm starting all over. Still have the plan to get rid of lots of fatty stuff in my house. I've started my personal Fat Tuesday kitchen clean up without the beads, loud music and parade. I have about a month to go and I think I can do it by then.

For today, I'm eating my smoothies and salad and plan on drinking lots of water and juice. Better start with one juicy meal at a time. I'm no longer dry fasting till noon. I'm so busy during the day I take more time between meals now and wouldn't be around food until 2:00. No way am I dry fasting that long. I live in a hot country, it's summer here, and don't want to dehydrate in this heat.

Watermelon is great in Panama this time of year so I'm eating lots of those. Oranges are still good and papaya is great also. I was practicing mono meals with watermelon until yesterday, but will get back to it today.

Take care and I hope people start posting on this forum again soon. I miss everyone. I may not post on your thread, but I like reading them.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Great expectations can lead to great disappointments.

Lord, I ain't what I outta be, I ain't what I am going to be, But Lord, oh Lord, I thank you that I ain't what I used to be.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 26, 2010 05:52AM

hehe yea it seemed to drop off during the holidays smiling smiley im sure it will pickup as srping is approaching ! woo hoo !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 26, 2010 01:20PM

Hi Jodi,

I thought the same thing but figured since it's near the end of January it might start to pick up again.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

The deception of others is nearly always rooted in the deception of ourselves.

The difference between pride and humility:
Pride is who is right.
Humility is what is right.

Date: January 30, 2010 01:12PM

For some reason I'm going through a craving period. I want to eat lots of cooked, fried things right now. I'm ignoring these cravings but it's not always easy. What I'm trying to do is remember what happens when I break down and eat something fried or cooked otherwise: I feel AWFUL! I feel bloated, sluggish, sick, nauseous, my skin hurts and I can't sleep at night. Yes, my skin hurts when I eat something bad. I have the driest skin on earth and it has always been painful. The only time it isn't is when I stay high raw.

I would love lots of support right now. Perhaps these cravings are coming from detoxing, I don't know. I'm doing this one moment at a time I made a schedule (I work better with schedules) and am sticking to that. I'm actually juicing (YEAH!!) and I love it.

Take care all. My husband is rushing me so we can go grocery shopping. I'm planning on buying fruit from my Fruit Man, juicing veggies and salad goodies. More to say on that, but must go.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Refresh your spirit with everyday miracles.

The joy is in the journey, so enjoy the ride.

Date: January 31, 2010 12:29AM

i find when im craving that fried flavor i just add a little liquid smoke to something i make .. like zuchinni tossed in olive oil and that satifies the craving smiling smiley I also use Miso from time to tiem when im going crazy for savory taste

liquid smoke or Miso isnt raw ,its just a flavoring and you dont need much ..like a couple of drops

you can get past this !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 12:29AM by Jgunn.

Date: January 31, 2010 12:34PM

Jody, thanks for the terrific suggestion. I can try that. Thanks, too, for your encouragement. I think getting through this without giving in will be in the best interest of my health.

I also realize it's been ages since I've read anything on raw food. Sure I read this forum, but that's it. Usually when I read raw food books, I feel inspired and stick to the program easily. So I decided to reread Arnold Ehret's books. I got them back in the 70's and first started going raw then with little success. I'm hoping this will help. I'm starting with "Thus Speaketh the Stomach" and "The Tragedy of Nutrition." Hopefully, that will be inspiring.

Many thank and love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problems at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a LIFETIME.

With insight into causation, we know what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 12:36PM by Mona.

Date: February 02, 2010 02:40PM

Well, my big cravings are lessening. It seems like the worst part is over. I decided to deal with this one moment at a time. When I passed the Chinese restaurant, I told myself that I was going to be late if I stopped to get spring rolls. I'm ignoring any areas that have the smell and food that I'm craving. I'm still reading Ehret's books which I find inspirational to want to remain on the raw food diet.

How did these cravings happen? I think because I've been giving in so much at Church functions. We have "cook-outs" and "bake sales" and I gotta admit, I love West Indian food. I also know most West Indians suffer with diabetes, high blood pressure and other illnesses. Anyway, I think cravings came about because of the cleansing process.

I'm getting through this without relapsing again. My goal is health and the only way I can get there is to remain steadfast and continue on the right path.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

God could and would if He were sought.

If you think handling everything is too much, try letting go.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:01PM

Your body will love you for it. May good health win!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: February 02, 2010 11:04PM

what is in the raw spring rolls that you crave? im sure we can find you a raw version of it... is it the crunch or the dipping sauce or the filling?

im not familiar with west indian food .. what kinda stuff are we talking about? smiling smiley

Date: February 04, 2010 04:43PM

Hi Jody, The spring rolls are from a Chinese restaurant. I wish they were raw. There is a raw version in "The Complete Book of Raw," which I will try one day.

I'm so grateful and happy that I didn't give in. I think talking about it, reading Erhart's book, and sticking to avoiding it even if that meant just for this moment worked. I'm not craving them anymore like I did. I feel better and more committed to eating as close to 100% as I can. I'm not convinced the nuts I eat are completely raw.

Thank you for your support and faith in me.

Much love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

F A I T H = Finding Answers In The Heart.

Don't give up before the miracle happens.

Date: February 07, 2010 12:27PM

I am sooooo grateful and happy that I stayed raw and didn't cheat! YEAH!!!! The more I read Ehret's "Mucusless-Diet Healing System," the less interest I have in eating anything cooked. Also, taking it one day at a time and just postponing eating the craved food helped, too.

Ehret writes that "Vitality equals Power minus Obstruction." Because I want vitality and health, staying away from cooked food and overeating keeps my "machinery" cleaner. (He compares our bodies to an air-gas engine [pg. 54]) Cooked food leads to obstruction of the colon which leads to constipation which leads to illness. The body just can't clean itself effectively when it's constipated and we keep eating the wrong food. I lived with constipation for years and was miserable. The crazy thing is, I had these books and had read them, but I also had lots of emotional hang ups and fears that stopped me from actually following his program back when I read them in the 1970's and 1980's. I am grateful that those fears and hang ups are lessened and nearly gone so I can follow my heart with ease.

I'm eating less fat, which is the plan, and I can see and feel the difference even though it's slight right now. I'm not counting my calories any more or checking if I'm doing 811. I got bored with that and have other things to do instead. I just want to eat and go on with my life. As Conrad Birdie sang, "I've got a lot of living to do."

Have a fabulous day.

Much love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

When all seems lost, hanging on a little longer never fails to bring mysterious help.

What have I been given today? Am I willing to reach out and grasp it?

Date: February 17, 2010 08:25PM

It's Ash Wednesday and today I am juice fasting. I'm still studying Ehert and find his work very interesting. The book is about transitioning to mono meals.

He writes in "Mucusless-Diet Healing System,"

"The ideal menu for man is the 'mono-diet,' consisting of one kind of fruit in season and I must again remind you that no animal in freedom is a 'mixed eater' at one meal" (pg. 128).

"The ideal and at the same time most natural method of eating for man is one kind of fresh fruit, in season, and you will soon notice after you have been living on the transition diet for awhile, that you will feel more satisfied and in fact are better nourished with one kind of fruit, than with all kinds of scientific mixtures or prepared, made up foods. This condition cannot of course take place until your body is perfectly clean" (pg. 118-119).

If all goes well, I hope to follow other suggestions in his book which sound very much like natural hygiene but I'm sure there are some differences.

Here's the plan for Lent:
On days I eat: no eating until 10:00 AM. Drinking something in the morning is fine. One mono meal a day except on my juice fasting days which will be Wed and Fri. I don't think I'll do the 2 meals a day yet since I'm used to 4 or 5 meals a day. I think I'll eat when I'm hungry at this time because I'm still in transition.

I'll let you know how this goes.

Love and blessings,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

We can't control the ocean, but we can learn to ride the waves.

We know what to do, but do we do what we know?

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: February 18, 2010 09:19PM

Hi Mona!!! I see that the forum isn't as active as it used to be!!! I am back though and hopefully will continue to log in daily and chat with all of you!!! I miss logging on everyday and catching up with all my raw friends!!!! I have had a very hectic year, but I am more than ready to be active in making my life better!!! I even made a move to San Diego from Orange county this past few weeks, and hopefully this will help!! I am ready to get back into the swing of things here in San diego!!!!
I miss you and see you are doing well!!!
Talk to you soon!
love sachelle
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 19, 2010 03:24PM

Hey Sachelle, Great to have you back. Missed you.

Today is a juice fast day. I'm doing well so far. I just drank carrot, cucumber, and red bell pepper juice. Yummy.

I'm getting ready to go out to buy some oranges and grapefruit for juicing. I love the mix of the two.

Ehert's quote/lesson for the day:
"Therefore, the functioning of the organism is continually obstructed by an unnatural over-pressure of the blood and on the tissues. As soon as you stop eating, this over-pressure is rapidly relieved, the avenue of circulation contract, the blood becomes more concentrated and the superfluous water in eliminated. This goes on for the first few days and you may even feel fine, but then the obstructions of the circulation become greater because the diameter of the avenues becomes smaller and the blood must circulate thru many parts of the body, especially in the tissues, at and around the symptoms, against sticky mucus pressed-out and dissolved from the inside walls; in other words, the blood stream must overcome, dissolve and carry with itself mucus and poisons for elimination thru the kidneys." Page 144.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Our perspective will change our perception. Our perception will change our experience. Our experience IS our life.

Date: February 22, 2010 09:44AM

Hello!! thank you so much!!! i have missed you all as well!!! Mmmm yummy juices!!! oranges and grapefruits??? I wish you lived closer!!! My brother and his girlfriend have orange, grapefruit and lemon trees growing in the backyard of the place they are renting here!!! You could help yourself to as many as you needed!!! I remember when kumquats were grown, and Prism had tons of them!! She gave me a bag of them at the food group we met up at!! THey were devine, and she has had me hooked on them ever since!!!!
Well have a great day!!!
love you!!!
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 22, 2010 01:01PM

Sachelle, I LOVE kumquats!!!! I haven't had any in years. The neighbor behind us had a tree next to the fence where I grew up. We kids used to sit on the fence and pick them and eat them right off the tree. Like you said, they were divine. We did that with figs, too. My grandmother had fig tree in her back yard and we used to sit in it and eat figs until we were stuffed. My cousin and I were talking about that in June when I saw her. What's funny about it is neither of us remember being bothered by the fig leaves. It was the perfect climbing tree. Good times...

The Wed and Fri juice fast went really well. I had a close call yesterday though. I was in Torti, which is near the Darien where all the militant Colombians go to cause trouble, and they were serving hojaldras which is something like Indian fry bread. As you know, I have a weakness for fried food. My weapon of defense worked great. I thought of the Alzheimer's patient I visited at the hospital last week who was coughing nonstop due to all the phlegm in his lungs; I don't want to end up like that with all that gross hacking and muck in my lungs. Anyway, lucky for me I brought some cut up pineapple and some grapes. That was my lunch. It wasn't a mono meal, but pretty close.

I'm around mostly elderly people with all kinds of illnesses. The image of getting sick like them and taking all those meds that they take should be enough to keep me raw because I don't want to be 80 or 90 with all the health problems they have.

I had great run this morning and what I'm noticing is my nose no longer runs with me. I know that sounds funny, but for years, that's what would happen. I remember reading in one of Victoria's books that our nose runs when we jog because we have mucus in our lungs. If that's true, then I guess my lungs are finely cleared up. Yeah!

Take care, everyone, and have a blessed day.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Everyday is a gift, that is why we call it the present.

Faith is not belief without proof but trust without reservation.

Date: February 22, 2010 06:16PM

Ooooh yummy!!! I wish i had a kumquat tree!! that does sound great!!! I was in Henry's the other day and ate a handful of them while walking around getting my groceries!!! Fig tree would of been great too!!! My grandma had a pear tree!! and we would sit out there and wait for pears to hopefully fall so we could have one, sometimes my grandpa would sneak out and let us climb up and pick them, but grandma would of thrown a fit lol!
Yay on keeping it raw for lunch the other day!!! That is really hard to stay away from foods that we love!!! My best friend insists she can't go raw, cuz she LOVES anything fried lol!!
Well have a great day!! Good luck on another wonderful day!
xoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 27, 2010 02:43PM

This week, I was able to fast on Wed, but not yesterday. Oh, well. I had only two meals so I'm good with that. On my eating days, I'm delaying my first meal until 10:00 as suggested by Ehret. Here's what Ehret says about morning eating.

"As soon as [your]stomach is free from food, the body starts the eliminating process of a fast; therefore encumbered people awake in the morning feeling miserable and usually have a heavily coated tongue. They have no appetite at all, yet they demand food, eat it, and feel better--WHY?

"As soon as you refill the stomach with food, THE ELIMINATION IS STOPPED and you feel better!" (emphasis are his) from the Mucusless-Diet Healing System pg. 156

This seems to be common knowledge to most of us now. But it was really revolutionary in his day. He goes on to say he solved this "mystery" himself through his own observations and experimentations.

"The more waste that man accumulates, the more he must eat to stop the elimination." This is very telling. I notice when I go through periods of overeating, I have a more difficult time going several hours without food. Maybe I'll look more into overeating next time I post.

Have a wonderful day!

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:35PM

DR. GERSON prescribed coffee enemeas ! ! !
He said that when somneone is cleansing using juices, letting the body heal itself, the livefr gets extremely over worked and ultimately ends up being literally LOADED with tons of toxins. Toxins the body cannot get out any other way he found, other than coffee enemas. seriously, serious scientific stuff. the caffeine makes the liver squeeze txins out into the bowel. He couldn't figure out any other way to do this. Juice fasts deserve coffee enemas !!!
also, fasting one day a week sounds like a great maintainance, but overall would make you suffer more in the beginning. When I have fasted I go a couple weeks, and after day 2 or 3 you feel great, and this method really gives the body a chance to truly detox. Again, its CRUCIAL to do coffee enemas!!! look up DR. GERSON, his methods have been curing cancer for 100 years! this is a great old post BTW !

Date: March 02, 2010 02:07PM

Thanks, Rowlion, for the input. I remember reading about coffee enemas a few years back and had forgotten about them. I think you've hit on something because I've now got a sore throat which probably came from fasting and eating low fat. By giving my body a break, more "stuff" has been released into my system. BTW, even Ehert writes about using enemas with fasts.

Ehert on pg. 158 of MDHS discusses "the 24-hour fast." I'm not following this exactly because I'm fitting it into my schedule, ie, I'm not eating in the afternoon as he recommends. He does mention that he's cured many severe cases with this technique, however omits how long he had the patients on the 24-hour fast. The first food eaten is fruit followed about 15-20 minutes later with veggies. He writes that it's important to eat the food within the hour so it considered a meal. In my case, this would be a salad. Since I'm doing this twice a week, any healing might be slow going, which is fine with me.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

The hardest thing in life is letting go of what you thought was real.

The more I worry about me loving you, and the less I worry about you loving me, the happier I'll be.

Date: March 15, 2010 01:05PM

Been very busy. Eating well. Still fasting Wed and Fri during the day and it's working out just fine. I've noticed more detoxing during those days which I see is a good thing.

I went to a restaurant with a friend last night and we found one with a wonderful raw salad. It wasn't the usual panamanian salad, but much better. I hope to go there again when I take friends out.

Foodwise, not much else is going on. I'm drinking lots of OJ on my fast days. I have cane juice I'm drinking today. I love pure sugar cane juice. I know it's pure because I watch the guy make it; so cool.

Have a fantastic day and great health to you all.

Love,

Mona
Padremickey.blogspot.com

Truth has a way of changing every time you think you know it.

Truth is to inner space what sunshine is to a garden.

Date: March 28, 2010 10:58PM

Well, Lent is over and it's Holy Week. Therefore my Lenten fast is over. What a great experiment. I'm really glad I took it on. I went through a cleansing which I still feel the effects of. But I'm better today than yesterday. I've been thinking of continuing with one day a week juice fast. I really liked it. I didn't loose any weight (YEAH!!!!!). That wasn't my intention or goal. My goal was cleansing, even if it was just a little bit.

Happy Holy week everyone. Or Happy Pesach, whichever you prefer. I know I'm looking forward to a good Seder meal. Mine will be raw, of course. Now begins my search for raw seder recipes.

Take care,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Live each day with a little less fear and a little more faith.

Measure yourself by your best moments not your worst.

Date: April 05, 2010 01:22AM

i found this some time ago that someone put together smiling smiley [www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com]

Date: April 19, 2010 12:16PM

Hi Jodi, thanks for the great link. The food looks wonderful. I bookmarked it so I can refer to it later.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I'm not really back now. I'm off to the beach for 10 days and won't have internet access.

It's mango season, so I'm now eating tons of them.

I'm hoping the cashew fruit will be ripe when I get to the beach house. I go around the neighborhood and hunt for the trees to harvest the fruit. You would think they would sell them, but I've only seen them for sale once. Anyway, I love cashew fruit in my smoothies. They gives smoothies a different tastes which really appeals to me.

Have a blessed two weeks. Hope to be back online more when I return.

Much love to you all,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

[www.facebook.com]
(picture is Kajol, not me)

I cannot add to the peace and good will of the world if I fail to create an atmosphere of harmony and love right where I live and work.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 12:18PM by Mona.

Date: May 04, 2010 01:21PM

Not much activity in this section. Where's everyone?

I've been on vacation and away from the computer for a while. I think I'm back for now.

Foodwise, I've been doing some cheating. But I'll survive. Here I am wanting to get back to being 100% raw; back to less fat.

Mangos are still everywhere. Not so many maraƱones though. Those are cashew fruit which add a great flavor to smoothies.

I'm still trying to figure out a regular eating schedule. My work schedule is crazy and is different every day. So I'm eating whenever I have a break. I really prefer a regular time for eating. This, too, shall pass.

Take care and I hope everyone comes back and writes.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Often times it happens, we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.

The more accepting I am of myself, the more accepting I am of others.

Date: May 08, 2010 12:59PM

Once again, I'm going through another period of cravings. I keep finding myself in situations where I'm meeting people in restaurants, going to parties where lots of food is around, and am attracted to the smell and appeal of the food. Due to my work, I'm not sure how to get out of going to these events. I would rather stay long, but then they come up to me and tell me they made sure there was fruit or salad so I could eat. That's so sweet. It's still hard even when I don't give in and cheat with a bite or two.

Well, I think I'll start reading more rawfood essays, books, etc. and listen to encouraging podcasts. I used to listen to podcasts all the time and haven't lately. They really helped inspire me to stay 100 % raw. Right now I'm probably more 70-80%. I would love to get back to 100%.

Till next time, may life be wonderful!

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

New ideals and new attitudes bring a new life.

The joy is in the journey, so enjoy the ride.

Date: May 25, 2010 02:07PM

I joined a Juice Feast that someone named Nika D. on FB is starting on on Fri. She invited others to join her. So I'm preparing my self by getting ready by eating only fruit and some light veggies. No nuts, very little fat. I planted more wheat grass today and hope it will be ready by next week so I can use that, too. I haven't been good about juicing in the past. I'm really hoping that by doing it in a group like this, I'll be able to keep juicing daily. I hoping to get lots of support.

Much love to you all,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

If you are spinning your wheels, try getting out of the driver's seat.

If you keep doin' what your doin' you'll keep gettin' what your gettin'.

Date: May 29, 2010 03:34PM

So, I'm not good at juice feasting. Actually, it's juicing in general that I'm not good at. My juicer here is terrible and I don't like using it. Can't wait till I'm back in the states where my good juicer is.

I'm better at am dry fasting. That seems to work best for me. Plus, I like the results of it. So, I'm back to that. It works with my schedule better. However, I'm making my smoothies really liquidy (is that a word?). Like my cantaloupe smoothie this morning was really more of a juice than smoothie and tasted wonderful.

More greens... That's what I want to include. So, if I think about it, my afternoon drink will include greens. I'm growing wheat grass again. It's just now starting to come up. Can't wait until it's ready to harvest. I really like the taste.

So, hope all is well with everyone. Not much activity in this section anymore.

Peace be with you,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

We are prisoners of our own resentments; forgiveness unlocks the door and sets us free.

Truth is to inner space what sunshine is to a garden.

Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables