Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: new phase
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 23, 2011 03:20PM

Hi Suncloud. I'm so happy to hear you went to our blog. Yes, the little girl is my granddaughter. She just turned 5.

I'm not sure where my husband found the Dance Party photo. It looks like it's from the early to mid 1960s. We used to post a lot more but now my husband posts most of his stuff on facebook. He's trying to be less political on it since he's looking for a job in California.

My cravings went away quite suddenly. I have been probably about 95% raw for a couple of weeks now. I'm guessing my nuts aren't raw, but have been heated before shelling. The big test will be tomorrow when the church has a fair with lots of food for sale. I have a weakness for West Indian food; that's where I do my cheating on the diet. I'm thinking of bringing my own food. That way I know I have something healthy since I'm not interested in fasting tomorrow.

You can get the link to the winning 5 in 5 video from my post at [labuscadora801.blogspot.com].

Gotta go. Take care.

Mona

God taught us to laugh again but God please don't let us forget that we once cried.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 28, 2011 02:09PM

Hello everyone.I am still here, still raw and delaying meals once again until noon. I'm in the process of trying to get a job in the Bay Area. My resume is done, I've applied to one company and in plan on applying to another this week. If you live in the Bay Area and have any job openings in Jan, 2012, please let me know. I will be happy to send you my resume.

Food-wise, I'm eating more greens and less fat. I still eat lots of fruit. I was watching a movie on cancer and one of the cures was using flax seed oil. So, I will find myself some flax seed oil. There's only one store in Panama that I know of which sells it. You can watch the movie on my blog [labuscadora801.blogspot.com]

Hope everyone is safe from Hurricane Irene. Take care of yourselves.

Mona
[labuscadora801.blogspot.com]
[padremickey.blogspot.com]

We surrender to win;
we give away to keep;
we suffer to get well;
we die to live.

Date: September 04, 2011 01:14PM

I am hanging in there with my raw food. On Wednesday, I wasn't feeling right, just wanted to sleep and noticed after taking a nap that I was still feeling funny. So I decided to take my temp and it was almost 103! That explained it; I was going through a cleanse. I went back to bed and slept the rest of the day. My body had recovered by the next morning. Every thing was back to normal and I felt fine.

One of the things I'm also working on is building strength. I still work out 4 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour. Seems like there's not much change. What's going on? Well, I just watched a video which is very inspiring. [labuscadora801.blogspot.com] The guy is a 53-year-old raw vegan cab driver who has bulging muscles. Not that I want bulging muscles, just firm ones. Found out he works out for 3 hours twice a week. Hmm. Not sure if I have the time for that.

Well, hope you all are doing well. Have a fantastic day!

Mona

Genuine respect will come about if we have more contact with one another and come to understand each other’s values. This is how we will develop admiration and appreciation for each other.--Dalai Lama

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 11, 2011 05:46PM

Mona, is that your blog La Buscadora? I enjoyed following a link that took me to that site.

I wish I could meet in person more of the people that post here. It was fun in Portland, Oregon to meet some of them when I lived there a few years ago.

I'm pretty isolated here in Clearlake and really need to change my life condition in some very meaningful ways. It is giving me respite to recover some of my health back though and to get back on at least a high raw if not 100$ raw diet recently. I feel like I can make this change again and keep to it.

When do you come back to the States?

Love,
Prism

Date: September 17, 2011 09:05PM

Hi Prism.

Yes that's my blog. I'm doing more raw food on it than I did when I started it. Glad you like it.

I'm still trying to get back to the US. My husband hasn't had any luck getting a job yet. I'm planning on returning in Jan no matter what. I really want to be home. My folks are in their 80's, close to 90, and my mom is having knee replacement surgery and would like me to help out while she's recovering. I'm all for it.

Sorry all my places aren't that close to Clearlake: Fresno and the Bay Area. I would love to meet you, too. I hope you find the health and happiness you're looking for.

Love,
Mona

God taught us to laugh again but God please don't let us forget that we once cried.

Date: December 09, 2011 01:40PM

Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around for quite some time.

I learned about 1 1/2 months ago that I would be moving back to California on Dec. 20. It will be the first time in 15 years that I've spent Christmas with my family. My parents are thrilled! They all know I'm a raw foodist so that won't be a problem.

I don't know exactly where we will be living yet. No matter where -- Fresno, San Jose, Berkeley, Weaverville, LA, or Mantaniza, OR -- I am hoping to find raw fooders. It's a very exciting time for me and I am going to stick as close to eating raw food as possible.

Right now, since I live in a culture of hospitality, there have been situations when I travel or make visitations, someone makes a vegan dish for me and most of it is cooked. This is not a vegan country by any means. Being a vegetarian is incomprehensible to most people in Panama. Therefore the host is usually very excited for making something special for me. So I graciously accept it and eat some of it. Sometimes, to me, hospitality is more important. I usually do a liquid fast the next day to help rid my system from the toxins.

Back to moving... I will be in San Jose, CA in January. If you live there and and want to get together, I would be most happy! It would be fantastic to be with other raw foodists. This is something I have rarely experienced. Please feel free to send me a message. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Many blessings to you all,

Mona

The distance is nothing; it is only the first step toward it that is difficult.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2011 04:37AM

well Mona this is sounds like an exciting new chapter in your life and cool you will be closer to your parents smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 28, 2011 10:31PM

Hi Jody. It is a new chapter in my life. I'm enjoying being with my parents. My mom loves fresh veggies and has been taking me to a farmer's market regularly. I found out I can get unpasteurized almonds there. I bought a huge bag.

I love eating the greens I couldn't get in Panama. My salads are really wonderful and filled with flavors that I hadn't had in several years. I love eating fruit I couldn't get there such as persimmons. Wow! How delicious they are! The little round ones are awesome.

I will miss eating the papayas and pineapple that I'm used to. But that's part of the trade off for moving to a different climate.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you're Christmas was filled with lots of joy. Also, have a very happy New Year!

Much love. I've missed you all. Can't wait to read your diaries.

Blessings,
Mona

Date: February 03, 2012 08:24PM

Here I am in San Jose, CA without a car or a job yet. There are possibilities.

Still going strong on the raw food diet. I added some things into my diet that I read about:

drink a glass of water with fresh lemon juice.
20 mins later drink water with 2 Tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar.

I do this 2 times a day now. This is to increase the acid in your stomach so you absorb more minerals and vitamines and digest greens and veggies better. That's what I read anyway. Let's see if it will work.

Genuine respect will come about if we have more contact with one another and come to understand each other’s values. This is how we will develop admiration and appreciation for each other.--Dalai Lama

Date: March 11, 2012 08:56PM

I've been very busy not online very often. This week, I have been able to eat 100% raw! YEA!! I really prefer it. I've been pricing Vitamixes and Juicers. I hope to go on a little juice fast once I'm settled in my home. I'm moving to Watsonville, CA as soon as we find a house. So, the question is, Brillview Juicer or a Green Star juicer. Also, what kind of Vitamix would be best? I'm looking into those at this time. I haven't been able to do that while I was in Panama. I hope to do some juice feasting/fasting and would like some decent equipment for it.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:38PM

I went to look up the area you are moving to and it's looks more like SoCal that I'm used to. I'm in Northern Cal now as you know. I've been in my little apt. for just over a year now and I'm getting used to it. I still miss having so many of the fun things to do I had to do in SoCal..as this is a very small town.

I'm glad you could do 100% raw..it really makes me want to do the same. I'm just now in the right state of mind but it always helps me to up my raw diet when spring and summer are here.

Take care,
Love,
Prism

Date: March 14, 2012 01:39AM

Hi Prism,

Great to hear from you. I'll be about 20 minutes south of Santa Cruz. I found a raw vegan group in the area on Meetup.com. I'm looking forward to meeting people and being around other raw fooders and having community. That will be an all new experience for me.

I love SoCal, too. I lived in Covina for about a year many years ago. It was a very nice town. Glad to hear you're getting used to your place. Being 100% is still a challenge but I do like it.

Blessings,
Mona

Date: July 04, 2012 10:35PM

Hope everyone is having a wonderful July 4th. We can have fireworks in our neighborhood.

Well, I started a 3 month parasite cleanse last Thursday. For the last couple of days I have felt bloated. My appitite is gone. That's OK. It suggests to fast for the first 2 weeks anyway, so that's what I'm doing. It's not a water fast, but a liquid fast. I'm not interested in eating any solid food at all. Hopefully the first week is the worse and things will get better. More on this later.

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables