Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

breastfeeding mom going raw
Posted by: pikt ()
Date: December 26, 2006 06:56AM

always been a fan of raw although never lived the lifestyle.i have chronic fatigue. i have a young son. i am so sick of feeling like my body is holding onto all these toxins. i know it is-and my son must be getting them through my milk. and i cannot lose these last 15 pregnancy pounds i feel and look my husband is a meat eater and has no desire to change that. he feels healthiest that way. i feel poisoned. however when i eat no meat i find myself very sick and after 3 months or so i go back to eating meat since i need to be functional. NOT EASY. having always believed and supported the raw way may be healthiest way, i really want to give it a try. and i am...slowly. i really want

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: breastfeeding mom going raw
Date: December 26, 2006 06:53PM

i want and need the best health possible for myself and my son and husband.
i usually eat one raw meal a day and some raw nuts and fruit as snacks. so from now on i will make that the bare minimum and shoot for much more. trying to phase out the nasty meat i eat,replace it with veggies and such.the more raw the better.phase out the non raw with raw...get my son involved in the process,although i doubt my husband will join in. that's ok. we all have our own idea of health maybe he will want to share in this somehow.as always i sneak raw into his diet with salads and fruit and such. i love my yogurt though.is there raw yogurt???

Date: December 28, 2006 04:55PM

fruit fruit fruit veggis veggie veggie fruit all raw except for salad dressing. my jaw hutrts from chewing so much crunch today. but it's my birthday and i'm going to treat myself to a piece of raw cheesecake at People's. just wish it doesn't cost.i'm in this weird constant snack mode. not so good for the weight loss or my wallet.it's crazy how cooked food can cost so much more than raw
well,happy bday to me.i feel like i'm 65 today, not 25

Date: December 30, 2006 02:24AM

EEEEWWWW!!!! it's "safe" to eat cloned animals???? they don't even live as long as normal animals and they age much much faster. which kind of makes it abuse just to produce them. i am in a kind of panic about this whole thing. i am on my way to veg and RAW but it seems i am going to transition much faster now. a blessing yes, but still not easy. not jusdt meat but dairy. dairy was going to be the last for me to give up. too soon. too soon. but my son drinks milk everyday and i do not want him drinking anything related to the word clone. come to think of it though i have never been much for animals being farned herded kept in unnatural ways in the first place. which is why iwant rid of my unhealthy ways.

Date: December 30, 2006 07:57AM

i did pretty well today had a great raw salad with an avacado dressing. sooo goood.

Date: January 01, 2007 07:39AM

i was doing really well. the more raw the better. well i ate mostly raw today but i also went to in-n-out burger. feel like crap now. yuck.why did i do that??? oh yeah because there was no way we were going to two seperate places just 'cause i didn't bring enough food for my husband. he ate all the good food i had packed for the day then still hungry ...now i know to pack a whole raw supermarket and i will not need to get fast food. and to add insult to injury i was hungry all day after eating that crap my body did not even need or want. oh well tomorrow is another day.

Date: January 05, 2007 05:06PM

the last couple days have not gone so well. everyone has been taking me out to eat.however all food not at a restaurant has been raw.

Date: January 06, 2007 07:47AM

back on track today . also,have lost 3.5 pounds and i am excited about going to see a nutritionist soon. on other news here is how i feel. my body feels much cleaner i am able to think a little more clearly. however i got these really bad headaches that don't go away since i was ran over not to mention i am just plain depressed. depression is something in my life that has never gone away but has hidden for a while many times. i am amazed at how i can laugh all day and truly be laughing and smiling but still be depressed. how is it possible to feel joy, relief,etc and still be depressed??? i don't know but that's the postiion i'm in.

Date: January 07, 2007 07:00AM

i feel like crap but still much better. but to be honest,OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! my whole body aches SOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED!!!
i do feel better in my soul though. majority of my food is raw. the animal products i do ingest are being replaced by half raw and half tofu or other concoctions. the cooked or processed concoctions will then be replaced with raw.

Date: January 11, 2007 07:21AM

still feel like crap but betterish in some ways. what a whiner i know. anyway i'm back on track now and it is a nice feeling. i have lost 4 pounds and that is nice too.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 06:15AM

hi there...just read through your posts and was wondering how you were doing now..> would love to know how life is and going raw is going for yoU!! hope all is well good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
ps are you in san diego area??? i am guessing ocean beach because you went to people's on y our birthday!! i would love to chat more about the raw lifestyle and stuff
thanks

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 12, 2007 11:20AM

It sounds like you are doing really well. What you said about depression is so true. I think when i'm depressed i try to hide itbut laughing and smiling a little too much. I don't know if that makes any sense. I don't think there is raw yogurt but try making nut milks etc.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 16, 2007 07:07PM

Hey starfruit i know what you mean about feeling depressed...i am too ashamed of it to tell people so i try to cover it up with smiling and laughing a lot or more of a fake happiness..but sometimes that is why i just want to be by myself and not have to put onthis act..it seems to be getting better since going raw though....i guess i feel like i will never be happy until my body is how i want it to be you know?? anyways i saw your comment and wanted to tell you you aren't alone!!
love ya
Pikt!!! where are you??? how are things going...even if you fell back into the meat market it is okay we are here for you!!! let us know how you are doing...we are only here to support you and help you!!! hope all is well...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 17, 2007 03:12AM

THanks. Sometimes i feel really alone in that. Good to know i'm not the only one who does it. I totaly know what you mean about not being truly happy until you are at your ideal body. I used to think like that a lot more. NOw i just try to think. Yay i'm eating a strawberrie. Yay i'm eating a kiwi. My body will love this and be ok. It sometiems work sometimes doesn't lol. luv ya

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables