Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fairly New to Raw Food- Experiencing Armpit Rash?
Posted by: Aswil23 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:43PM

Hello, I'm fairly new to the raw food world. I've stopped using deodorant roughly 3 weeks ago and now only use lemon juice (which works well BTW). For the past 2 days I have noticed that my left armpit stings really bad when I rub the lemon on it. It wasn't doing this before. When I go to look at it this morning, the majority of my armpit creases has small red irritation bumps, almost like ingrown hairs, but that's not the case. Could this be a detox symptom? I'm not experiencing this at all in the other armpit. My diet mainly consists of green smoothies, and the normal fruit and veggies salads. I've also been feeling pretty tired and crappy in the morning these past 3 days. I initially was super energetic for the first couple of days being raw. Could the detox be starting already? I wasn't expecting to feel like this so soon. Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairly New to Raw Food- Experiencing Armpit Rash?
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: September 02, 2015 11:16AM

I think you should stop using the lemon juice on your armpits as well as on any part of your skin/body, as the lemon juice is acidic and irritating on the skin, as opposed to being alkalizing when ingested. When my hands get in touch with lemon juice, the skin gets all red and itchy.

Instead of lemon juice, you could wash your armpits every day with a gentle organic handmade all natural liquid soap. I use one with only natural organic ingredients, handmade too, and I use it any time I feel I need to. I stopped using regular deodorants a long time ago. For a lovely perfume under your arms you could apply a thin layer of coconut oil (organic, cold pressed, unrefined).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables