Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 06, 2007 04:09PM

FOR 2 YRS. I HAD SEVERE PAIN FROM SOMETHING.THE DR. SAID ARTHRITIS.I WAS ON MEICATION FOR THAT AND I HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WALKING AND HURTING EVERYWHERE. I WAS GOING THRU MENOPAUSE TOO.THEY THOUGHT I HAD CANCER AND TOLD ME I NEEDED A HYSTORECTOMY.I RAN OUT OF THERE, LATER I FOUND OUT I DID NOT HAVE CANCER-THEY WANTED TO TAKE OUT ALL MY FEMALE PARTS.WELL-I WAITED THEM OUT...AFTER I FOUND OUT I DID NOT HAVE CANCER.THEN I DID RESEARCH AND FOUND OUT FIBROIDS SHRINK MOST OF THE TIME AFTER MENOPAUSE-SO I ESCAPED FROM THE DRS. CLUTCHES-THANKS TO THE INTERNETTE AND THE KNOWLEDGE TO BE FOUND ON WEB SITES.THEN I WAS ON HIGH CHOLESTEROL MEDS. AND MY BP.WAS 150/100 AND THE DR. TOLD ME I WOULD SOON HAVE TO BE ON DIABETES MEDS.SHE PUT ME ON A DIET OF NO SALT AND NO SUGAR AND LOW FAT.I CAN SAY I WAS A HIPPY BACK TO EARTH VEGETARIAN BACK IN THE 60-70'S.SO I REVERTED BACK TO THIS OLD KNOWLEDGE TO GO LOW FAT.BEANS ARE FAR LESS CALORIES AND FAT THAN A SLAB OF MEAT.I CAN SAY THE DR. TOLD ME TO START WALKING 30 MINS EVERY NITE.THEN I PROCESSED IT TO 10,000 STEPS A DAY-I HAVE LOST CLOSE TO 40 POUNDS SINCE OCT.18TH OF 2006.NOW-I AM BEING AND GOING RAW FOODIST.I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 4 DAYS.I AM SCARED AND EXCITED.I HAVE MY FOOD DRYER OUT AND MADE YAM CHIPS AND BEET CHIPS AND HAVE SEVERAL SPROUTS GOING TO MAKE BREAD AND I ALSO HAVE BEEN JUICING...MY HUBBY THINKS I AM CRAZY.BUT I FEEL BETTER.EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY SMOKES AND I HAVE TO COOK FOR ALL OF THEM.THINGS LIKE MEATS AND EVERYTHING THAT IS SAD.THE THING IS-I GOT HUBBY TO DRINK SOME SMOOTHIES AND HE LIKED THEM.SO I HAVE HOPE.TODAY I AM GETTING MY LITTLE GRANDSONS TO SEE HWOTO MAKE JUICE IN THE CHAMPION JUICER I HAD BURIED OUT IN THE SHED.DRUG IT OUT LAST WEEK.ALL SO EXCITING.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Date: January 07, 2007 02:03AM

well-today was good on eating.i mixed avocado and banana together and ate that and about 5 whole raw walnuts.water and tea and then for lunch i made fresh apple juice and then dinner was a plate full-oranges,green peppers and celery and carrots and my good water.i walked about 4000 steps in exercising.i tried to get my grandsons to go outside but they did not want to.it was not raining-we could of walked.well-some good things happened.i got each boy to make apple juice.the little one loved making it but the older brother drank it all.i was proud to show them "real fresh juice".so all in all-it was a good day.my lentil sprouts are sprouting and i do not know what to do with them-my wheat berries are sprouting and i hope to make bread.i made my yam chips and my beet chips.i love the beet chips.they taste earthy.i always love raw fresh beets and i have tried to grow them and i never can.makes me so sad.i am looking forward to spring-hubby is making me raised beds and we are planting grapes and blueberry bushes...and lots of veggies.it will be wonderful.

Date: January 08, 2007 01:08AM

WELL-TODAY I HAD OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST AND A BANANA...LUNCH WAS 2 APPLES AND DINNER POPCORN. I AM SORT OF GOING THRU A TRANSITION TIME. I HAVE MY SPROUTS GROWING.STARTED THEM YESTERDAY-THEY ARE WHEAT AND GROWING GOOD.I WILL GRIND THE WHEAT BERRIES I SPROUTED-TOMORROW.TOMORROW-I AM HOME ALONE AND NOT HAVING TO COOK FOR EVERYONE.I CAN GET BACK TO EXERCISE AND DOING MY JUICING AND MAKING MY BREAD AND I WANT TO MAKE A BROCCOLI SOUP FOR LUNCH-MAYBE I WILL HAVE MY BREAD DONE BY DINNER TOMORROW NITE AND HAVE A BREAD AND SOME KIND OF PATTY ON IT WITH MUSTARD AND A TOMATOE AND -THAT WILL BE MY DINNER.

Date: January 09, 2007 03:17AM

well this weekend was busy. i lost another 5 pounds.so when i get to the 200 pound mark...i will of lost 45 pounds since oct.18th.today i was on the run.ate 2 apples and water and then lunch was a baked potatoe and fresh raw pico de gallo on the tater(my daughter too me out to a buffet)-and a big salad with red cider vinegar on it and water with lemon in it.then dinner-i over ate-3 big plates of salad.i was so hungry.walked about 8000 steps that i counted on my pedometer but also walked in stores too.so probably walked at least 5-6 miles today.i am trying to decide if my sprouts i have been soaking are ready.i got to go to the health store today and i bought cashews,date bits and whole dates and dried apricots and flaxseed and flaxseed meal...i am slowly changing my kitchen over to raw.i think i should of picked almonds to buy instead of cashews.i am making my bread tomorrow.wish i could get some teflex for my food dryer.

Date: January 10, 2007 12:49PM

i made wheat sprout bread yesterday and it was so wonderful i can barley believe it.i had it for lunch.so good.today i am off and am going to mostly do fresh raw foods today like banana's and apples and juice.but i am planning on my next new un-cook project...be it raw lasagne...or pate or a soup.should be interesting.

Date: January 12, 2007 10:39AM

well-i am 199 pounds right now.so onward and forward.no more big soft granny arms and a truck load of backside.i use to smoke 3 packs a day and was asize 4-aobut 6 yrs ago.then i quit smoking and started eating.got to 245-now i have lost 46 pounds since oct.18th.i am feeling so better.i made raw chili yesterday.i cheated.i added some meat substitue-some vegan redi-burger.i had the chili raw and heated up some redi-burger and it made the raw veggies warm and saved the vitamins but gave us some comfort food.not so cold of food.it is so cold out.now hubby is wanting to juice.and sort of follow this way to an extent.i walked my five miles yesterday.today will be busy.clean my daughters house and tend the 4 yr old. i will just eat raw at her house.and drink my 3-32 oz. jugs of water.i am planning meals-i am going to get almonds and i want some carob powder to try some stuff.i am still too fat to get into the sweets issues.so this is all good.

Date: January 16, 2007 12:47PM

it has been a while since in posted in this journal.i am still working on my journey toward learning more and loosing weight and well-just trying as all-to in corperate more raw foods into my diet.i am very very close to being able to state i have now lost 50 pounds.i may be a pound or two away from that goal.i lost so far 19 pounds in jan.the raw food thing has really helped.tonite i am making hot and sour soup and salad for dinner.this morning i had a banana and a couple of dates with almonds in them and clove tea...and some grapes.lunch will be raw chili-i babysit today and will take my previously prepared raw chili to my daughters so i can eat wholesome.

Date: January 17, 2007 12:48PM

i binged yesterday or maybe not.i ate too much for weight loss anyway.nothing bad really.just alot more than i have been.i don't know why...maybe my body was hungry.i don't want to loose myself in my food obsession again.agh!disgusting.so back today to the weight loss program.

Date: January 17, 2007 12:56PM

i was just reading rawrnr's journal...well-in reading it i got enlightened as to why i ate so much yesterday.i was at my daughters house and i had to cook the little boys bacon for breakfast and eggs.lordy!my granny always made us pork bacon and you would put the bbacon inside the biscuits with homemade starwberry jam and real butter.and ice cold milk to swig it down with.so damn good.well-then i make the boys chocolate cookies and i adore those let me tell u.all day i was having to fix there food.i think this is why i ate so much.i was eating healthy things and more than i needed to make up for not getting all the goodies.that is what i think was going on.agh!well-at least i did not even taste one bite...of any of it.

Date: January 18, 2007 01:29AM

today i had an apple for breakfast and a banana and some dates and almonds.then for lunch a drink of celery,apples,beets and broccoli with some flaxseed meal...this is the first i have had of the flaxseed meal.hey-that is not bad.then dinner. i made a hot and sour soup and i had some vegeburger in a lettuce leaf as a wrap with yellow bell pepper strips and tomato slices and onion slices.pretty good. drank my jugs of water and had clove tea.so i am fine and back on track...thank the lord!!! i walked 4 miles today.it was icy and snow everywhere...but got er done!! well hopefully i can conquer my goals...loosing weight and getting more spry and healthy.yay!! maybe by the end of this week ...i will of lost 50 pounds.since oct.18th of 2006.yay!!

Date: January 18, 2007 10:16PM

had banana and dates and almonds for breakfast.had a garden burger with no bread but tomato,onion and lettuce on and a bowl of fruit.dinner will be a drink of juiced carrot,celery,beet,and apple with flaxseed meal and some raw kale shredded up with lemon juice in it.also had an apple for a snack.3-32 oz. jugs of water and walked 5 miles.

Date: January 20, 2007 03:07AM

today-i did not do so good. the exercise-whew! i hated it but none...makes me soooooooo livid!!! was in with the little guys all day-rain.i can go out in the morning rain to get my exercise but not them.i did good on eating. a banana for brekfast and lots of water.lunch-well -a chicken boca with onion(no bread )and then an apple.then dinner lettuce wraps and hot and sour soup.that was my day. got home late and got dinner going for the hubby.feels good to be home and alone with my man.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 20, 2007 04:36PM

That's so exciting to lose 50 lbs isn't it!! Congrats on doing that with raw foods, not only are you losing the unwanted weight, but you are doing such good for your body..unlike many other diets.

I'm drinking my fresh made grapes/pineapple juice this morning..delishsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: January 20, 2007 05:03PM

Dear Prism,thank u so much for your kind words. i am like 2 pounds shy of the 50 pound weight loss.i am trying so hard to loose those 2 pounds and not in the starving way-but as you say...in a nourishing way.your drink sounds so good.thanks for the kind words.taylor

Date: January 23, 2007 02:08AM

well-i am there-lost the 50 pounds...exactly on the button.today i had some soup for breakfast and them water and had salad for lunch...dinner another salad.and an orange for a snack.i walked over 6 miles.i threw a handful of sunflowers sees over my salad.am feeling really good like finally i am doing ok again.thank the lord.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 23, 2007 06:42PM

You are amazing! Congratulations!

Date: January 24, 2007 02:54AM

thank u so much Dulset...the humbling factor is i just don't want to be sick and hurt anymore.that is the movitating factor.today i walked 4 miles and breakfast was a banana with raw cashew butter...lunch a smoothie of beets and carrots and apple and broccoli with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal.so good. dinner a salad with raw sunflower seeds and a handfull of raisins for desert.drank water.need to drink more.had an apple too-for snack.it was a pretty day out.i want the gabriel cousins rainbow green cookbook so much.i stil need to do what david said-an overall work-out.i wonder what this group goes by for exercise.i use to have my richard simmons tapes and i loved to exercise to him. i wonder if borders still has those in dvd.he is just enthusiastic and funny.i may go get that tape to work out by.

Date: January 25, 2007 01:29AM

well-i got the rainbow green live fook book by gabriel cousens.I thought i was doing ok but i found out all kinds of knowledge...things i did not know.i need to be doing phase 1-who knew?not i!!! well-i tried to fix dinner tonite in this manner only to find out with further reading-i had boo-booed.in phase 1-no carrots and i drank fresh carrot juice and grated carrots on top of my green salad.so i tried but can only read so much at one time.new book and lots of stuff i never knew.so today i had a banana and cashew butter -now i find out cashews are a no-no! ok.here is a really bad no-no! i went shopping and pennys was having a 75% off sale and i loved this skirt and blouse.well-the 36$ skirt was 10.79$ and the 34$ top-8.99$-only i have been wearing tent size clothes like 3x was tight in the butt cause i have a big boo-tay!! it was an XL...and it fit. so the weight loss is working.oh yeah! the evil part...there was fat free,sugar free PEANUT BUTTER YOGURT...I KNOW.but it was a treat for getting skinny.it had like 20 cals per oz. i did not get the cone and a small dish.bad girl-bad girl!! what cha gonna do when they come for you!?then tonite-i thought i was doing right and found i i ate carrots and drank carrot jucie.i need to read.soon i will know what the heck everyone is talking about.

Date: January 25, 2007 03:22PM

well-i guess i am over my plateau...thank the lord...i weigh 190 now.so lets see--i have lost over 20 pounds in jan.so this is when i started the raw food thing.so that is pretty good.still a week left of jan.so i will probably loose 5 more pounds by then.i had a yam for breakfast.i did not know what else to do.to be on phase 1 of the grabiel cousens ways-there is not much i can eat.can i eat coconut???it says i can.so i guess i should get that.sounds good.well-i will be shopping back at pennys today...hubby could not get over the good buys on the new skirt and new shirt...so he gave me money to go there today.there is a health food store and maybe i can try a lars bar.

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: January 25, 2007 08:37PM

awsome!

Date: January 25, 2007 10:07PM

i meant a lara bar-tried the cherry-pretty good.thats for sure.

Date: January 26, 2007 12:44PM

well-went shopping again yesterday-at j.c. pennys and i got this classy long dress with a cowl collar and belt-long sleeve and black -58$ dress for 10$-it was not my old size of a 3X-it was an extra large and it fits nicely.i got a sz.20 skirt-way too big and a size 18 skirt and it fit perfect-so they say every 10 pounds u loose is a whole dress size.i have lost 55 pounds now since oct.18-06.i feel way better. my husband is liking this cause he think s i am gonna be a foo foo girl...i can be but i hate it.i am like a camping,hiking,fishing girl.oh well-anyway trying to follow that gabriel cousens phase one of his ideas of better health.sheesh-i need more ideas of what to eat. somehow waking up and gnawing on raw zucchini does not do it for me.hoepfully someone will have some ideas.

Date: January 26, 2007 12:46PM

oh yeah-till i find out what coconut pulp is-i could see eating coconut for breakfast and maybe an avocado.that would be cool.i will get those today.and i went ahead and had 2 bananas for breakfast today and 5 almonds and 8 raisins.clove tea and water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2007 12:47PM by taylor.

Date: January 26, 2007 01:16PM

oh yeah-my daughter and i went and shopped yesterday and omg!! she smoked in my car-i hate that doggone smoking. i got a headache almost right away and had it all day after that. i swear.i am gonna tell her not to anymore. i just cann't take it.

Date: January 27, 2007 04:33AM

well-i are like a pig and still did not follow cousens rainbow green live-food book.it was a very expensive book...i see things in it i think make sense.well anyway.2 banana's for breakfast with half a handful of raisins and nuts.3 apples today...lunch a lara bar.dinner-1/2 cup raw chili.lots of water...today.and every day.then i babysat so did not get to walk in the daylite. so walked alone for 5 miles in the dark and cold...but i did it.

Date: January 28, 2007 06:44AM

today i had a banana and an avocado for break.hot and sour soup for lunch.yep-cooked...i did not want to eat anything else and add cals. so i ate a half a bowl of the soup.then i had an apple for soup.I had an apple but have not had anything since.got up at 5 a.m. to get my grandsons and take my girl to work.then we took them to the beach to meet with all the family and got back to pick my girl up and she was gone.that was a 5:30p.m. so she was not there.she did not call us till 9 p.m. all this time i was having the kids.agh! me and hubby were so tired.so i did not get to do my walking today. makes me so mad.oh well.tomorrow is a new day.

Date: January 29, 2007 01:23AM

had a jucie today of beet,apple and carrot and kale.it was so so good. then at 3 p.m. i had to plates of salad-no dressing and just lemon juice. my hubby is gonna quit smokes and he went for a walk with me today.a long hike. he was all hurting and out of breath and felt he was gonna pass out.so i am glad we are changing together.this makes the meals easier.and i have someone to exercise with.yay!! if i get hungry in the nite-i will eat an orange.but i am fine.feel full.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: January 30, 2007 01:20AM

Hi taylor just in case yo miss my post you can buy 811 only from his web site:
www.foodnsport.com
Check it out - good info and nice pics!!

Date: January 30, 2007 03:24AM

thanks gal!i will look into it.

Date: January 30, 2007 06:25PM

had a banana and some nuts for breakfast and a salad for lunch.i will probably have a orange and clove tea for dinner.walked half my miles this morning-3.5 and i will walk the other half tonite.i have gotten down 2-32 oz. jugs of water so far.all is well.been reading grabiel cousens on cells and how they are hurt by enviroment and everything around us to make us have candida and get the composting button going in our bodies and how we can fight this process...or slow it down.today i will take the little 4 yr old on a walk.so i cna get more exercise in.

Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables