Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: MY NEW WAY OF LIVING
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:44PM

i caved.I had a half a handful of grapes and an orange.it tasted so so good.then i took the super food stuff i bought to create healthy flora in my intestines.i think cause i have lost 63 pounds in the last months...this water fast is too much for me.if i was stablized in raw foods more and my weight was more stablized,i could of done better.thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 08, 2007 02:03PM

oh, sorry for the mistake. (I heard MC is easier... you're all the more courageaous).
love
Cynthia

Date: February 08, 2007 03:46PM

oh well cynthia-it is ok.its all the same anyway...lets just say a cleanse.i had a half a handfull of grapes to break the fast.it was just too much. i have been on 1000 calories or less some days since oct.18th-o6.it was just too much for me after all the months of deprivation.i learned alot from it like i would have to have alot of prayer to get thru that one and i learned that i don't want to do that one.i did not think it would be so hard.I've already sort of been on a fast for months now to loose weight.just enough is enough...for me.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 08, 2007 04:27PM

I have not spend ONE DAY on water!!

THAT is amazing!!!
Congrats!!!!

I was thinking if doing a juice fast in march, but Bryan says I should do a week of banana mono eating instead,,,I may do both!!

A mono banana diet is a great segway...

YOu will find that you will be MUCH more successful on juice fasts, on the master cleanse, every time U R hungry just take a drink and it actually goes away...
Juice is good too...

Water for me is IMPOSSIBLE!!

GOOD 4 U!!!

Date: February 08, 2007 11:37PM

thanks so much rawrnr-well...i really did not feel i should do one right yet.i went ahead thinking i would loose a few pounds quicker. if i did do one-it will be juice.i have been on 1000 cals or less since oct.it may just be too much deprivation at this time.thanks for your good advice.hugs taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 03:13AM

well- i walked 5 miles and played wall ball and felt way better to get food in my stomach.i had carrot hummous and lettuce and oranges and an apple. it was all so good.I feel this is right for me..at this time.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:27AM

OH OH please post the carrot humous recipe!!
is it low fat?
I have made no recipies for Cousins book, is it in there?

1000 calories a day?!! you may as well be on a juice fast!!

Girl, U GOT DICIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAIL the diciplined one!!

U R awesome!!!

Date: February 09, 2007 01:24PM

lets see-i and 1/2 large carrots and 1/2 onion and one tablespoon of eachof the following.chopped dill,lemon juice,tamari,olive oil and water,and 2 tablespoons of tahini(i used one)blend all up in the blender.i did not use the olive oil.i put it on romaine lettuce leaves and it was so good. you can use all kinds of veggies to dip with.i got it from the un-cookbook called "eat raw,eat smart"...by kate wood.well-today i am doing my walking. i feel way better now that i get some kind of food.all i need is a carrot or apple to gnaw on.the ultimate is a banana-they are so good for u and so filled with vitamins and so filling.i am going to do my work-out dvd's i got from the dollar store.it is so amazing to get these dvd's.they are such a hard work-out for 1$.amazing. i have bought 2 -15$ dvd's as of late and just not too good and there it was staring at me-at the old dollar store.the kickbox one is excellent.then i got 2more of the series.so-i am trying those today.i don't knwo how much walking i will get in today-it is pouring rain outside right now. a typical day in oregon.I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY MEAL TONITE...I GET TO USE MY SPIRAL SLICER AD MAKE ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI.I AM GOING TO GET THE SUNDRIED MATERS TONITE. the dollar store had sundried tomatoes in jars with olive oil in them.but they would be canned and heated. sure was cheap compared to the cost of the sundried maters in the bag.those are 3$.for asmall bag. i am excited about summer...so i can grow roma tomatoes and dry them.after that-i will have a huge stash of sun-dried maters to get me thru the yr. for my recipes.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 09, 2007 05:09PM

I'm excited too about summer !!! I'll have all kind of fresh things in my garden. Happy to hear you feeling better
love
Cynthia

PS : I wish I could find a cheap DVD work out, like you... I'll look for it tomorrow

Date: February 09, 2007 06:45PM

hi cynthia-i am so tired of pay big money for fruits and veggies.i will so work like a mad women in my garden this yr. hubby and i are going to get fruit trees and blueberry bushes and grapes.It will take a time for them to grow but it is ok.lots of veggies this yr. i got seeds already from the store. i got beets,tomatoes and squash and green beans and lettuce seeds.so far. i am excited. then i have the pumpkin otside.uti told me pop it open and save those seeds. i need to do this.before it rotts.anway-i hope u find your exercise dvd.do u have dollar stores where u live?i got the best work out ones there.today i had a salad for breakfast-i feel stronger today.i feel good to eat.wow! won't be doing that fasting thing anytime soon.anyway-got to go exercise.have a great day everyone.hugs taylor

Date: February 10, 2007 01:29AM

oh my!! i had raw corn on the cob tonite with avocado butter.it was so so good.and i used my spiral slicer and made this like angel hair pasta made out of zucchini...with tomato sauce on it. so so good.and carrot juice.i had a salad for breakfast and then nothing all day.i walked and me and hubby are walking soon...maybe if he wakes up.hard day at work.i made what i thought would be our first totally raw dinner together and he had pizza at work.my son said did dad inlist for this? i said yep! anyway-my hubbys raw food sense must of been tingling.hee hee.my daughter is mad at me.she wanted me to babysit all nite. my mom did nothing with my kids and i babysit 50 hours a week.this is my vacation.on monday-i drove to my sons and cleaned his apt and we did laundry and i brought him to our home to spend the nite.everyone came over that nite to eat. on tuesday i got up and took my grandson to school and me and the daughter went to shop at the mall.on wed.we shopped and were together all day.yesterday was my one day alone and they came over today and she asked me if they could spent the nite. it is still my vacation.our last 2 days together minus the little boys.well-the little boy is sick and puking.she needs to not go out and party but stay home with her son.so i said 'well-maybe it is for the best".she got all grinchy and told me"i hate when u say that"hee hee hee.too funny.kids-agh!but the whole day was glorious.walking and using my spiral slicer and fixing a raw dinner...even if i was the only one to eat it.it was yummy.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 10, 2007 02:56AM

Haha..kids..I'm glad you stuck up for yourself! Sounds like you are doing really well by your last post.

I'll go shopping on Sat. and get some raw foods..more fruits, some juicing greens, and start back on my clean diet.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 10, 2007 02:58AM

hey gal! sounds like u know about grown kids. agh!! can never make them happy.good luck prism and hope your teeth are better and hope u are not hurting. hugs taylor

Date: February 10, 2007 04:58AM

well-sigh! hubby did not like the meal. he took the avocado butter off the corn on the cob.he ate the tomatoe slices and drank the carrot juice but wouldnot even taste the zucchini noodles...with spaghetti sauce.it was so good.oh well-at least he got some healthy stuff in him.he tried somewhat.

Date: February 11, 2007 06:50AM

went to church today-well-had a peach and a banana with tahini butter on the banana-about i t.then lunch-2 raw tacos with romaine lettuce as the tace shells. tonite a bowl of air popped pop corn and water.my treat for the week.walked a few miles and did an exercise dvd.

Date: February 11, 2007 06:18PM

Ahh..poor hubby:-(

I just think if it's hard for me, it must be really hard for a guy to go high raw or all raw..just the volume of foods they need to satisfy them in the transition period may break the bank!

You might try some light smoothies for pre-dinner drinks, and lots of raw veggie and fruit platters for snacks..leave raw nuts around the house in bowls for munching. Make some raw cookies..don't need a dehyrdator for that..just make them, and store in fridge, take out and place on platter with some coconut meat and they are yummy.

You are doing great for yourself though! I remember when I started losing weight on the high raw diet..it was a miracle for me.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 12, 2007 03:00AM

PRISM-THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIPS.LOVED THEM SO MUCH.he will not go raw.he thinks it is nutty. i think it is a great way to nourish the body plus cut out alot of fattening stuff.well-lets see. i had a banana with tahini and that was breakfast and a salad and that is it for today.it is almost bedtime. the boys were here and i was so busy playing with them and picking up after them and cooking for them.so i did not have time to really eat.the boys and i went to the park and played.they are my darling little sweethearts.little @#$%&!tommorow-i am drinking carrot/kale/apple juice all day.a juice day. i am almost breaking into the 170's.i can not believe it.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 03:56AM

Taylor you are doing an amazing job!!!! girl keep up the wonderful work....yeah my dad thought the whole raw thing was kinda crazy and joked about it last year when mymom and i attended OHI...but he was here in jan when i began my raw lifestyle and he was very supportive and he is starting to accept it...my mom has even been raw for a week now and she is doing amazing as well..and my dad has been supportive of her as well..even making sure she has plenty of raw veggies and fruits in the house to snack on...so maybe in a few months he will really see and realize and be more accepting once he sees that it is something you are going to stick with and lvoe and it is something that is trully amazing and so good for the soul and body!!
good luck smiling smiley
love always sachele
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 12, 2007 01:08PM

Sachelle,i admire your trying to get rid of the diabetes...but as you know-worried.i am so glad for your mom.thanks so much for the words of support.well-the meal i fixed hubby was our first raw meal-all raw.i always fix him what he wants-pancakes with butter and peanut butter and syrup for breakfast with big swigs of milk and coffee.then he sits at his desk all day.eats a lunch i packed for him. i am trying to incorperate more raw foods in his lunch.then dinner-at least we are not eating meat now.anyway-this is why i loved alicehubbys idea's on getting him to eat better.yesterday i made a fruit platter of mangos and banana's and peaches on a big plate and said it was for all of us.he ended up eating most of it.I just want him to be more healthy.thats why i need to wow the family with raw-i have a big battle i will not win.hubby wants his sugar and his cigarettes and his goodies and he will only go so far.that is why i don't fight him on it.i cann't win.but i did not think one first complete raw meal would hurt him.he thought it did.snicker. he is so funny.so there we are-me trying as alciehubby said-doing little things to make it less painful.hee hee.so funny.sachelle-good for your dad for supporting your mom and u.hugs taylor

Date: February 12, 2007 05:59PM

Taylor, you are just beautiful! I loved the pic of you and hubby. With raw foods, he's gonna see the transformation from your before to your after..he'll become a bleieversmiling smiley

It starts showing in the eyes..if you look at the before and after pics of people that went raw..you'll see their eyes change color, clearity, intensity...it's dramatic.

When I went raw the first time, lost 70 lbs, my eyes turned back to the green eyes I had when I was a young girl. It was amazing. Even though I may not be 100% raw or high raw..I'll never go back to what I had been eating before the first transition.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 12, 2007 10:19PM

thanks so much Prism for the great words of encouragement.so sweet and true too-like the changes that are bound to happen.how are you doing Prism? i think u are right it is hard to go back.it is also hard to maintain yourself.like with family and friends.my daughter wanted me to take her to eat(her money and my car and gas)today.i am having a juice day.she said it s like i don't have a mom anymore.i said i could give u a sick 300 pound mom who you have to lift onto the potty and get me back off and try to bathe me and pick me off the floor cause i am so fat and sick.i told her it was my responsiblity to take care of my health...no one else will.agh!so i did my juices today and did my kickbox dvd and walked my miles.and cleaned my house and did the things i need to do.she forgets we spend 3 whole days together last week-shopping and going here and there.kids.hubby showed up early (like back home at 8:30a.m.)i was shocked and said oh tell me you got laid off??he said wouldn't that be sweet-we would sell everything and move to our woods. i was like man!! that would be my dream come true.he said now that i am not hurting and in so much pain as the last few yrs. that i and him could put a cabin up and both grab soem part time work each.oh my! to have a cabin in the woods with a big window and sit and knit and watch out to see deer in the snow-wow!and to walk in the mountains fresh air.super wow! one day-i may be 70 but i may well be hauling a trailer out there and putting down stakes.

Date: February 13, 2007 08:11AM

Taylor....i am sorry to hear your daughter wasn't ontop of the support today....sometimes it's hard for people on the SAD for many reasons...my friends are starting to feel the same and it is really hard for me because at 22 i need friends and thrive on them......especially because my family is all in indiana...and them not supporting me is the hardest thing in the world...but i am here for you i know it is hard...and you gave her a good example!! i am very proud of you for standing up for yourself!! i love ya girl...you are such a breath of fresh air....and hopefully soon you will get to move to the woods that would be fantastic...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 13, 2007 10:53AM

well Sachelle-I am amazed that your fmaily is not so close and u are out in the world making it...doing proper things and having friends.I found out yesterday my middle son had to go to a couselor and he said he was hypomania-which means bi-polar II.i think alot this is my daughter.whew! sometimes a person gets weary but the cool part is finding out what is wrong.fianlly.well-now we ahve a long row to hoe trying to get him help.he won't take meds.he will not.this is a question i should ask the front board.now i see why i have had such a time raising them all.everyone has mentally ill issues -agh.anyway-i saw my baby grandsons last nite.took my girl some antibiotics.well-they were out in the back yard-so cute.i showed them how there strawberries are coming up everywhere.i showed them the new buds on the blueberry bushes i had planted and how there apple tree,plum tree,and raspberries would be coming soon.i want to show them the glory of spring.i want to take them to see a tiny baby lamb.or baby goat.anyway-did well on my raw foodism and i exercised. i am getting that kickboxing down i tell u.I won't be buff but i can sure try.Sachelle-i love you too gal! u are amazing cause u are fighting alot of things with grace and hope.no one could ask for more.hugs taylor

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 13, 2007 07:52PM

Hi Taylor,

You have such a wonderful attitude. I am so sorry to hear about your son, this is going to be so challenging for him. And for you - hooray for you to be there for your kids the way you are. How would they manage without your help?

I'm hoping to get my garden going a little this year. Had such a wonderful garden in our old house, but there is so much work to be done here. Tiring just to think of it! But so worthwhile. So glad spring will be here soon!

Hope you have a great day!

Sapphire

Date: February 14, 2007 06:35AM

Taylor aww your little blog made me cry.....i am so thankful to have found such a wonderful friend in you........that it is really tough for your son and your family....it is a rough road to travel down.....he doesn't want to take meds.....what is he going to be doing?? is he going to therapy....that is always helpful.....anyways...you are going to be buff..i know it!!!!! all that walking and kickbutt kickboxing you are doing...nobody better mess with you...smiling smiley aww i wish i had some space to plant things here in san diego...or someone who knows a lot of info of growing things here in an apartment...i wish i still lived in the house i used to we hada big yard and stuff...well you are a wonderful grandma.....you are showing them wonderful things early in life...you might even get them partially raw with all the things you are implementing in their lives daily!!!
i am trying very hard on this raw thing...i have moments where i jsut want to scream why can't i be normal....why do i have all these health challenges and weight to deal with?? why can't i be like all the other girls my age and not worry..but then i realize..it is going to be fine i am raw and it will help me now and in the future..but still it's hard without anyone here in san diego like a support system to hang out with or my fabulous family.....i feel like i am abnormal and get depressed about it!! anyways enough about me smiling smiley thanks for your kind words....you are always so wonderful and i love ya much!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 15, 2007 03:26AM

dear sachelle-u are amazing to be so young and mature.to be taking care of your health and working and going out with friends.u are normal -u can not help some of those health problems but u are working on it. no matter how slow or long the better way takes-IT IS WORTH IT.Have u seen the from s.a.d. to raw site?where they have before and after pictures and these people log every thing they eat and do working toward raw?it is really interesting.well-exercised today and stayed on my diet and had a nice day with hubby home.i loved it.

Date: February 15, 2007 07:48AM

Hey taylor thank you so much...you keep me smiling...it is hard on this and i don't ever feel normal buti am working on it....like i said...i don't crave the cooked i just feel "weird or unnormal" like even if i wanted to eat the popcorn at the theater tonight while my friend was munching on it i coudln't but oh well..at least i have you wonderful ladies on here...you keep me inspired to hear all your stories..and you are like my raw mom online~~~ thank you so much ladies you rock!!!!
oh and no i haven't seen the raw site where or what is it??
love sachelle
xoxoxoxooxoxo

Date: February 16, 2007 12:22PM

well-yesterday i made the best raw soup...it make me decide to be raw forever.it was soooooo good.my innards felt delited-giggly inside no less!!!it was a raw cream of broccoli soup.man!! so good.today i had beet,apple,carrot and kale juice with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal in the juice. i am so full.it was very good. i got the nicest kale at the store yesterday.little young kale leaves-so tender. i ahve to go to my girls today at 5a.m. and i have to clena her house today.i may have an orange there and tonite me and hubby are having fruit soup.the soup has strawberries and grapes and pears.he will have toast and peanut butter and the soup and i will just have the soup.i have decided to try at least one new raw recipe a day from my uncookbooks.today-my exercise will be cleaning.maybe if it stops raining i will get some walking in.so far i have lost 65 pounds.

Date: February 16, 2007 06:58PM

hmm sounds yummy!!!! maybe i will go out and buy some broccoli and make some..i saw the receipe for it in the other section...haha so i might try that out....what receipe book are you currently using to pick frome each day??? i have so many i don't know what to choose haha...and a lot of them include so many ingredients that i don't have i have the simpler things in life haha...anyway good for you girl 65 pounds that is awesome!!! you are doing tremendous congrats!!!! ooh fruit soup interesting never had before...sounds different something i would love on a hot summer day i bet!!! well have a great day!!! take care!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 17, 2007 03:15AM

Taylor just to let you know i love the way you love words. It tickles me. I know what you mean about giggly inside. I feel like that when i eat papya and kiwi's sometimes. YOu are doing great. Post recipies if they are good!

Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables