Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Going raw in South Africa
Posted by: drsirius ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:59PM

Well I am so amazed to find this site....

I went raw on 2 January 2007 after seeing a friend who had gone raw for 30 days. I had never seen such an amazing change in the way anyone looks in such a short period.

I took his advise and went 100% raw. I is now 9 days later and I feel as if my life has changed in the most incredible way.

Before starting the raw lifestyle I suffered from indigestion, post nasal drip and anxiety. Those are all gone....

I have an improved sense of smell and taste, increased energy and I feel great.

And bonus!!!! I have lost 6 kg's. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going raw in South Africa
Date: January 19, 2007 08:03PM

Still 100% raw and feeling great. I have lost 8.3kg's to date and I cannot believe the changes to my life.

My energy is up my food craving down. I have no mood swings and seem to be able to think better and longer. My productivity has increased amazingly.

My breathing at gym has improved and I have more endurance doing cardiovascular exercise.

Even my friends are starting to consider trying this out. Though I do tend to sound like a walking advert! HeeHee....

I think I could do this forever....

Date: January 24, 2007 09:36AM

Well....I am now in my 4th week having been 100% raw for 22 days and I have lost 8.8kg's todate and look much slimmer and more healthy.

So unless I pick up on excercise I will not make my target of loosing 10kg's in the first month.

I am off on business for 10 days for 2 Feb and I am beginning to worry about food availability at my destinations.

But I am noticing more stability in my body now. Most of my life I have been quite physically shaky and that has gone.

I also struggled with sugar highs and lows most of my life and these have also abated completely.

Granted, I am sure having stopped coffee completely has made a difference but I just feel so good.

I do feel more tempted to have "forbidden things" now than I did during the first 3 weeks. I have however put an allowance in place for a cheat day this coming weekend where I will eat something cooked and will see the effect. My friend Mike who recommended this way of life to me reckons that one cooked meal can easily be handled by the body.

I will report back on here as to the results.

Would I still recommend this to others? Hell Yes!

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 05:36AM

HI there....i was just wondering how your cooked day went and how your business trip is going or went...i wanted to knw if you found ways to be raw still!! i hope all is well..keep us updated...good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 10:47AM

Yeah.. It's been a while sinse I last posted.

Over the last while, I have probably been at about 75% raw and I am trying desparately to get back to 100%.

Going away on business was NOT easy as all the hotels had for me was lettuce, tomato, onion and fresh fruit salad at main meals and nothing during the conference breaks. So I took to eating cooked things etc.

Now I am struggling with the discipline to get back to being 100% raw.

The effect is that my weight has stayed steady and I have neither gined nor lost weight although I think I need to lose another 15kg's....

So wish me luck as I battle through getting back to 100%!!!!

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:37AM

Welcome back. YOu can do it!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:56AM

boy-u are very amazing!! good for u drsirius. u can do it.welcome back and keep on keeping on.the results will be amazing. i have lost 75 pounds in the last 5 months.hang in there.the feeling of raw is so wonderful.hugs and take care.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 23, 2007 05:48AM

Hi there glad to see you are back...congrats...and good luck you can do it!!! i know it is hard but just reread your posts and remember how wonderful and amzing you felt....well keep up the good work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:43AM

hi there...how are things going......we are always here to support ya!! take care and keep it up!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
aka sach

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 23, 2007 12:28PM

Hmmmmm

Well I'm back AGAIN!

Been really slack but here I am again and starting over. As of today I am trying for 100%.

It's amazing how some of the ailments I had before starting this way of life in January have returned. Once again I am suffering from heartburn and acheing joints.

So here we go again. :-) Will keep this up to date.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 23, 2007 08:26PM

Welcome back! Here's hoping the raw diet clears up your heartburn and aching joints pretty soon! I know I have been feeling better and I have only been 3 weeks raw so far, this time.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:59AM

hey there welcome back again!!! i hope all is well..let us know how life is going and what is happening...take care of yourself!!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 27, 2008 02:34PM

Well here I am again! More than a year has gone by and I have been eating junk basically for that year.

So I try again, this time I am pretty determined to do better than before.

It's my third day today and I have been suffering with headaches from caffeine withdrawal and feeling generally grotty but somewhere at the back of it all I am starting to feel how I felt the first time around and so I am really looking forward to the amazing feel good feeling I had!

So wish me luck! :-)

Date: August 28, 2008 02:01PM

Day 4 and I am still going strong!

Seem to be alternating between Fruit in the day and Salads at night one day and then the other way around the next.

The headache from caffeine withdrawal is abating and I no longer feel like I have flu.

I have lost 1.8kg's since Monday which is probably mainly due to the water intake.

The overbearing symptom today is one of feeling somehow calmer than I have been in quite a while. My energy levels are now climbing and the mid afternoon energy lag did not happen today.

We have an office function this afternoon where they are ordering in pizza so I am preparing myself to avoid the temptation at all costs!

HeeHee

Posted by: ledouxc ()
Date: September 06, 2008 02:23PM

Hey!

Congrats on being back.

I too struggle with 100% raw...

I am wondering, does taking in caffeine make a huge difference
in it not working? As in making you feel a lot better?

I can give it up while on tour easily as I am a songwriter and worry about
my vocal performance - but when at home, I go right back to it!

Also I know this is a vegan forum, so if I am raw and use eggs or cream in
coffee or sometimes fish and or turkey, does this make me not a raw eater?
Does this mean I am not 100%?

Sorry, I am not trying to break any rules, I am just confused and still learning
exactly what going raw entails - I mean really.

Thanks for any help, advice, finger-pointing for using the dreaded non-vegan terms. <3

warmest,
Christene

www.christeneledoux.com
www.innsbruckexpats.com

Date: September 09, 2008 09:03AM

Hi Christene

I have to say that giving up coffee has been totally life changing... I really feel so much better when I am off coffee....

Not going 100% and eating MORE raw food will still have good results but you will not get the total experience that after 2 weeks I am now feeling after 16 days of 100%.

I am an all or nothing person which is self-evident as I am also a recovering drug addict. I thus find it much easier to do something 100% than trying lower percentages. Control is very difficult for me.

I have been lacto vegetarian most of my life, so to go 100% raw for me and cut out all dairy and caffeine has been a fairly small step.

You gain practically NO nutrition out of dead animals and even less out of cooked dead animals so why bother with it. Some of the recipes on this site and some others are incredibly tasty and cause no harm to higher life forms such as animals.

Try it....

Good luck! If you ever come perform in Cape Town, let me know.

Paul

Date: September 09, 2008 09:17AM

Well....
Here is my update!
It's 16 days into it this time and I am managing 100% quite easily.
My food cravings have gone and I feel so much more peaceful. I have managed to lose 5.4kg's and feel all the more healthy for it. I have also maintained going to the gym daily to either work out or play squash.
I wake up feeling fresher, do not have dip in energy in the middle of the day and I am sleeping really well.
My body shape is changing and people are saying that I am beginning to look really healthy and that I have a glow about me.
I short I am loving it. Last time I went off the diet when I had to go away on business. This time I AM away on business but I kow that if I cheat at all then I will just go right back to unhealthy living which I really would prefer not to.

This time I am also being more adventurous and I am preparing food from the recipes on this site to make my meals more exciting. That too is working wonders.

I am trying to find Dulce in this country as many recipes call for it. I managed to get tamari and want to invest in a new juicer and food processor.

I love life!

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 09, 2008 03:30PM

That is wonderful drsirius! Great job! It's a bit of a change going to 100%, but it's really worth it.

I found another site for recipes that I have a lot of fun browsing through - many of the recipes come with photos, and people write in their comments, which is often very helpful. Thought I'd share that: [goneraw.com]

I gave up coffee too, about a month ago. At first I was pretty miserable, but now I am starting to notice that I sleep a whole lot better. Oddly, much as I missed it at first, I hardly think about it now (though, it still smells wonderful to me). I think I will miss it when winter gets here (I live in Canada).

Good for you for sticking with your raw lifestyle when you are away from home. That's a challenge!

Sapphire

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:22AM

I too gave up coffee and feel fantastic without it. I was raw for 5 months last summer and am now just getting on my feet again. I was so unhappy eating the sad foods after realizeing how wonderful the raw foods make me feel. Keep it up
Pam

Date: July 31, 2009 12:14PM

Well!!!

Here I am again! A year later and once again I'm going RAW!!!!

I feel so unfit and unwell as I have NOT been eating properly at all. It's been fizzy cooldrinks, takeaways, coffee and basically just junk.

No exercise either.....

I have put on a lot of weight, have gastric reflux, I feel sluggish and unmotivated, My skin is pasty and I look and feel old!

So from tomorrow, 1 August 2009, I will be going 100% RAW for a while....

Wish me luck!

I will also be Tweeting it as i go. Check out [www.twitter.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 31, 2009 07:43PM

hey ! welcome back !!! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2009 11:02PM

I think you can carry a sprouter and seeds with you. You can germintate them in the hotel you stay so that you can eat sprouts all along.

Date: July 23, 2012 05:03PM

So, I'm finally back and I'm beginning this again on the 1st of August. Busy growing sprouts and buying in Organic fruits and veg and preparing myself.

I'm petrified to stop the caffeine again and the associated headaches....

I cannot believe it's taken me this long to get the resolve to do this again considering how awesome I felt after the last time.

This time I want to make it more varied and turn it into a life style..

Wish me luck.....

Date: January 07, 2014 09:36AM

Life has been crazy with me moving about the world but I'm back in South Africa, now farming apples and growing my own vegetables and some fruit.

I'm over weight, suffering from candida, sinus, and not feeling great, so I'm back again to try Raw Food.

This time I'm going 100% again and structuring my life to make this life style change stick!

Date: January 08, 2014 05:04AM

Day 1 - 100% achieved!

The headache from caffeine withdrawal sent me to bed with pain but I got through.

Let's do day 2!

Date: January 09, 2014 01:00PM

Day 3 and the headaches persist.

Still managing 100% and some things are seeming better:

1. Tongue is clear and clean.
2. Teeth are not getting dirty anymore.
3. I've lost about 2kg already.

I'm determined to stay 100% for at least 100 days but I'd like this to be a life change, permanently.

Wish me luck!

Date: January 11, 2014 05:51AM

Day 5 and it seems the worst of the caffeine withdrawal is over.

My energy is up and my mass is down 4kg in 4 days!

Still 100%.

Hint to self: don't add Turmeric to a salad dressing. Have to admit, making a salad dressing from your own grown olive oil is special.

Going out to see if I can afford a new blender today.

Wish me luck!

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: January 11, 2014 12:36PM

Hey Paul

I was looking on the internet today in search for a good blender as I don't have one. What blender do you think is best as regarding price/quality?

Price is also a problem for me, the good ones are way too expensive for me to afford.

I read your journey going 100% raw vegan so far and I wish you all the best in succeeding to stay 100% for the rest of your life. It is not easy, but yet it is so rewarding.

Never give up!

Ela

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: January 13, 2014 06:54PM

Hi Ela

I currently only have a stick blender which coat me R99.
I'm hoping for a decent blender soon.

So far the 100% is going well thanks.

Keep fighting the fight.

Hugs

Date: January 16, 2014 03:56AM

Day 9 begins and I'm still managing 100% raw and I have to admit that I'm loving it.
I'm down 6,5kg and it's felt effortless.

Yesterday my tongue was a little coated so I wonder if that's not part of a detox.
It's my birthday on Saturday so a friend is taking me tomorrow to buy a blender to make amazing green smoothies. I'm currently using a stick blender and it's not really cutting it.
My feet are not sore anymore, my sinuses are much better, my skin is clearer. I still feel candida and have a son itch.
My general energy and demeanour are improved as well.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables