Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Bloated - ITS TIME!! RAW RAW RAW
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:00PM

dear rawrnr,
I followed your posts and I think you're so courageous, you have big will power and you don't realize it - you are an inspiration for me. I'm canadian too, living not far from Montreal. Soooo..it is veeeeery cold these days...minus 24 this morning.
I'm always cold, having some tea (herbal for me) is a good thing to overcome the winter here. Only maybe 70-75% raw but your journal prompt me to try 100% !!!!
much love to you and all,
Cynthia

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 08, 2007 02:00AM

Oh Thank you so much Cynthia!!

You inspire me too!!!

It's great to get motivaiton and a feeling of belonging...something I do NOT find in my "regular" world!!

Thanks for checking in Taylor!!

I had another good day!!
100% baby!

4 apples
2c carrots
2 oranges
cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
1 plaintain (blacka nd ripe)
2 mangos
1 WHOLE pineapple
6-8 cups of baby greens (presidents choice organic)
7 stalks celery

I ate a HUGH salad tonight with dressing:
1 mango
1/2 pineapple
7 celery
blend it up!!

ENJOY!!!

According to FITDAY:
1,547 calories
5% fat
5% protein
90% carbs!

I am feeling VERY full right now!!
But again, making my daughters lunch I felt VERY tempted to eat a wrap myself smothered in nut butter and jam...BUT i DIDN"T

I worked out as well

I taught 2 body pump classes (weight lifting to music one hour each!)
10k (on the treadmill - it's literally FREEZING out!!)

I am concerned however, in the 811 book doug states that people who do not succeed is because they are emotional eaters,,,,YIKES! that's ME!!!

I so appreciate yuor support!!

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 08, 2007 02:53AM

do u have the 811 book? lucky u.i want it...i just spent a couple of hundred dollars on un-cookbooks and the spiral slicer was 60 and then all the food. i have to go easy for a while.anyway-i think alot that maybe the temptation is always there.at least till we are well into this.i had to sit and watch my daughter today eat chicken nuggets and fries and soda.and the car smelt so good. my car filled with FOOD!!! I WAS HUNGRY IS WHY.well-u are doing good. u are the exercise woman.thats a good way to do it.to have a job where you have to exercise.I always try to go out to walk.hugs taylor(u are doing a good job gal)

Date: February 08, 2007 03:33AM

I ordered the 811 book yesterday , I hope it will help me to plonge in the 100% sea...
sweet dreams to you,
Cynthia

PS : you're already in your week 4th !! Woaw !!!!!! wonderful you !

Date: February 08, 2007 09:12AM

oh cynthia-lucky u!! i would love to read that book.i am still trying to digest gabriel cousens book i bought.hugs to u both-taylor

Date: February 08, 2007 02:12PM

taylor, too bad we,re so far away, we could share books !! I'd love to read Cousens's...
love to you both,
Cynthia

Date: February 08, 2007 03:49PM

that would be wondeful for sure cynthia!! rawrnr and cynthia,thanks for your support during my 2 day fast.i felt it was too much of a deprivation after months of being on just 1000 calories a day and sometimes less. i maybe should of given it more of a chance...i just did not want to anymore.hugs to the both of you.taylor

Date: February 08, 2007 04:24PM

Taylor, yes I have the 811 book!
It's an easy read!!!

I have Cousins book as well, kinda turned me off, too hard a read....

Where do you live?

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 08, 2007 06:00PM

Hi Cynthia! My daugher is in Quebec city right now, on a cultural exchange. This is her first experience of real cold winter - she has lived her whole life on Vancouver Island out here in the west.

I can't wait to hear from her tonight, this must be such a strange experience for her, haha!! Hope your cold snap doesn't last too much longer!

Taylor, you did so great on your fast - I am sure I could never do that!

Rawrnr - you are simply amazing!

Sapphire

Date: February 09, 2007 03:25AM

Today I was quite busy, I work up hungry and had my first meal at about 7am

2 grapefruits
1 orange
1 black plantain

This kept me pretty full throughout the morning...

in the afternoon, I ate

4 apples
2c carrots

I was not hungry but finished off the above by 5:30 because I had my run club running at 6:45...

came home pretty late after the run and circut workout...

1 mango
7 stalks celery

blended into a salad dressing!

6-8c mixed greens
1 chopped up mango
1/2 a plantain

ate it about 9pm

And guess what?
I am feeling full!!!

YAY

according to fitday
calories = 1395
protein = 5%
fat = 4%
carb = 91%

OH NO>>>>
I just started getting some NASTY gas!!!

STAND BACK!!!

Why is that happening?????

I know bryan told me to eat more calories, but today I felt good with this....
can't believe it!!

AFFIRMATON OF THE DAY!!

FOOD WILL HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also did 80 minutes on the eliptical machine at the gym, while I watched OPRAH!!
The makers of "the secret" were on!!
INCREDIBLE!!!

I ran 5k with my group tonight, then we did a circut for about 30 min.

Thursdays, my daughter stays at grandma's so I take advantage!!!

OH OH - don't forget!!
DAY 3!!!

I have some organic broccoli in the fridge - I CANNOT eat raw broccoli!!! I LOVe lightly (like 2 minutes) steamed broccoli!! I will have that tomorrow night if it hasn't gone bad...
It's been in there awhile!!

Thank you all for you kind words and support!!!

Smiles Tori

Date: February 09, 2007 01:13PM

dear tori-your exercising is just amazing.i don't know how u could ever gain weight.you are a great journalist.love reading it.i am so glad for u to have the feeling u have your eating and diet choices under control. well-cousens book is hard to read.i sure agree there. i would love to have the 811 book.I may order it. oh-that was the problem.they wanted me to use pay pal and i just wanted to use my credit card and they said i could call them but we have long distacne block cause my one son is a major telephone talker.he is such a gossip and he is on the phone every minute he is here. and he has left us with alot of long distance phone bills. so i was told to call and give the credit card number but there it is-we don't have long distance.my son is major buff and 34 and 6 ft.4 and blonde,blue eyes.took after my swedish grandma.anyway-to get the 811 i have to go over some hurdles.keep going gal-u are simply amazing.hugs taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 01:21PM

Hey Taylor

I HAVE the book!
I keep asking you where you live?
If I remember correctly, you live close by...
I'm in mississauga?

I could lend you the book for a few days if you want, it's a easy read!

YOu sone sounds HOT!!!
I'm 37 ya know....
IS he raw?

This morning I had
1 1/2 plantains

I brought to work:

3 large tomatoes
4 asian pears

Date: February 09, 2007 05:17PM

sapphire, I'm from Trois-Rivières area- about one and a half hour from Quebec city, Right now, it's carnival time there. Lots of outdoor activities. I'm sure your daughter is enjoying...
Rawrnr, your exercising is fascinating, ' wish I could do the same. I must say I badly need it
love
Cynthia

Date: February 09, 2007 06:39PM

tori-i live in portland oregon.i don't think that would work too easily but i thank u for your kindness.hugs and have a great day.taylor

Date: February 10, 2007 02:54AM

oh...
I thought you were closer

Sorry T

Today I ate

early am

1 1/2 plaintain!!!

to work

3 large tomatoes
4 asian pears

home

bunch of broccoli (the whole thing - steamed)
sundried tomatoes chopped fine
juice of one lemon
grated ginger root
10 dried figs chopped fine
2tbs sprouted flax seed ground

I poured everything on top of the broccoli

OMG OMG OMG

It was INCREDIBLE!!!

Do I feel guilty of eating cooked food NO WAY!!
I'm so happy it wasn't a grain!!!!

I steamed them for about 3-4 minutes - crunchy, and SWEET!

I CANNOT stand raw broccoli, but this was DELISH!!!

according to fitday:

calories = 1705
fat 12%
carbs = 82%
protein = 7%

I bought ingredients tto make "the best chili ever!!) it's posted on Alissa Cohens web site

As well as ceaser salad posted on fromsadtoraw web site

I may also make pesto with zucchini

High gourmet
High fat

But it's the weekend and I'm feeling good about it!!

I'll let you know how they turn out by SundaY!!!

Date: February 10, 2007 03:03AM

gal-i saw your picture.on my goodness! you are so tiny and althetic.gal-u are fine.so you eat-you run it off and exercise every second.how do u get normal thighs? mine are big.not as big as they were but none the less big. my grandma said"men love women with big thighs"yeah! sure granny but not that big.anyway.you are fine.eat-u run it off.i am trying to put my picture in that dog gone pictures of you thread.cann't figure out the dog gone thing.i will get it.ok-i love the sound of your recipes. i am in love with my spiral slicer. it is so wonderful.ok -u are doing so great. me and hubby are heading out to do our walk.hugs taylor

Date: February 10, 2007 05:13AM

HI T

Those pictures are pre weight gain!!

I took them a year ago March - I weigh 12-15 pounds more now!!

coconutcream helped me out wiht posting my pics..I could NOT have done it alone!

she RAWX!!

Well It's mid night -

I had SUCh a god day today!
Was very happy and full of energy!!

came home and whenmy hubby walked in the door just felt his negative vibe...

I didn't say anything so he asked me in a defensive tone

what's wrong with you...

i was honest and said his vibe is negative...he wanted to make an argument out of it infront of my daughter...I told him that he didn;t want ti hear me talk, but wanted to argue..forget it..

i went upstairs, he put my daugher to bed while I was on the phone, he went to bed. I was on te PC at the time,,,,I ended up downstairs.....bingeing...

I ate raisin Ezekile bread,4 pieces!! (better than the whole loaf!!) nut butter jam...I also ate 10 morw figs...

I learned tonight that dried fruit may be a trigger for wheat/grains...

I am also feeling kinda upsent and down about the incident above,,,,NO EXCUSES...

Date: February 10, 2007 01:37PM

well-i am sorry about u and hubby. it is hard to be in marriage.i have been married to the same man for close to 40 yrs. i guessi did not want to be like my granny who was married 8 times.yep! 8 times.can u believe this? my sister looks like a playboy centerfold and she is 45 and she has already been married 4 or 5 times.she only marries very rich older men.honestly tori-by the time you get thru a marriage u will of been thru everything -money problems and sex problems and kid problems and religious problems and in-law problems and on and on.it is very hard.i wish there was more i could say. to help u.anyway-I think u must be fine in your weight with all the exercise u do.you could probably be in the tri-athalon races.anyway-I need to get me some figs. i love figs. i wish i had a fig tree.wouldn't that be heaven? hugs and have a good day-taylor

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 11, 2007 06:29AM

rawrnr,

Its hard to work on the diet when there is emotional turmoil in the house. Are you avoiding some difficult decisions about your relationship? From what you described about your relationship with your husband, it sounds like the channels of communication are not really open.

How is your case of bananas coming along with the ripening? Are you ready to start playing with mono eating bananas to see if that changes your eating pattern?

Date: February 11, 2007 06:48AM

hey Bryan! good to see u? i want to do the mono eating too.it is sure pretty simple.thanks for putting my picture and my hubbys in the pics of us.taylor

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 11, 2007 08:35PM

taylor,

Thank you. I saw your post, and the picture wasn't working, so I fixed it. I love your picture.

Date: February 12, 2007 03:01AM

thank u very much Bryan-u are a great guy.taylor-hi tori.how are u gal? i hope your weekend was good.hugs t

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 12, 2007 04:02AM

I read your all of your entries and you have really inspired me. I have gone back to %100 percent raw and it's so nice reading about someone else doing it and also someone very real. Reading some of the raw food books, they make it seem so easy, but it's nice to know we all have our up and down days. I have been going through a really rough time latley and am also an emotinal eater so it's nice to have osmeone to relate to. Good luck and keep going. Your doing great and inspiring many.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 05:39AM

yes rawrnr you are an amazing person...you struggle day to day but keep it real on your entries and inspire so many who come to this site looking for love support and positivness...you are truly amazing and i want to thank you for being so real in your posts!! keep up the amazing journey!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 12, 2007 01:11PM

tori-where are you? we miss u! i hope all is well your way. i know you are exercising every second.super gal!!!amazing.hugs taylor

Date: February 13, 2007 12:59AM

Hi everyone!!

Here I am!!

I so much appreciate all your words and thougths of encouragement...

My struggle to stay raw continues..almost 3 years into it!!

I did start however high fat AKA Alissa Cohen

I have been high Fruit for quite some time, but always adding fat - seeds, butters, nuts....

I went to a raw food restaurant on Saturday, of course ate RAW goumet....(FAT!!)

I had the sampler platter, a bit from eact entree..very nice, BUT then I just HAD to have dessert...we ordered a tiramisu - all I could taste was the coconut oil..it was NASTY - my hubby (yes we are workin on it) loved it.....could not taste it oil at all...

We had company on Sunday and I made a RAW meal - I made "the best chili ever" you can find the recipe in Cohen's forum...just search it. I also made ceasar salad...
(lemon, olive oil, white miso, dates, white pepper) - added dijon mustard - it was YUM!!

But I'm warning you - DO NOT eat raw gourmet - the above put me in a downward spiral of eating cooked CRAP all weekend! the food is way too close to cooked, dehydrated and all....I need to sell my dehydrator..9 tray excalibur...I'm in toronto - any takers?

The chili had parsnips in it...my breadth smelled like onion ALL DAY - I coudl taste it - GROSS!!! I could NOT get rid of it...it was DEEp in my throat...YUK!! But that didn't stop me from coming home and finishing off the plate!!!

What the hell is wrong with me??!!

My bananas did ripen then started to rot so I froze them - YUM banana ice cream!! I did however buy a new 40 pound box - for $23.00 (yes organic) Cheapest fruit EVER!! they are green right now... but ripening as we speak!!!

I promise NO MORE raw gourmt... (for now anyway..)

I just made raw pesto today...I froze it - again I bought the basil on sale and could NOT pass it up...(pine nuts, basil, cilantro, tomato, lemon, garlic) In tight jars frozen for future use.....

I also bought 8 honey pomellos - my god they must have made a mistake - I but them at the chinese market 2 for 5 bucks - they had them at a local supermarket 2 for 2.88!!!

You know how much I LOVE these..Could NOT pass it up!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say, I'm a girl---cannot walk past a good sale!!!

I am really struggling!
I bought breakfast musli pita's for my daughter and ate 2 tonight!!!!!!!!!!
Smothered in sunflower seed butter, strawberry jam and banana - and YES it did taste THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will attemp my first mono day - I have a bunch of grapefruits, oranges and YES...Honey pomellos!!!

Keep chanting and believing...

wait wait there is the noise of a drill downstairs.....

OH MY GARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby just got home....I spoke to him a few days ago about putting a lock on the "grain" cupboard.....guess what...he's doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Victoria and I am SUCH a grain and sugar addict that I need a LOCK on my cupboard....
If I could only lock up the freezer too..... (the bread is in there)

Chant Chant Chant...

FOOD HAS NO CONTOL OVER ME
I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL OF THE FOOD I EAT

FOOD HAS NO CONTROL OVER ME
I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL OF THE FOOD I EAT

If I say it enough times hopefully it'll sink in!!!

Love you all, and look forward to your support and words of encouragment...

MONO Tomorrow - at least in the same family.....
citrus!!

Orange you happy?!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2007 01:05AM by rawrnr.

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: February 13, 2007 01:09AM

that is awsome that your husband is putting a lock on the grain cupboard hahaha. good luck tomorrow with mono I will check in to see how it is going.smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2007 01:28AM

we missed you gal! glad u are back.i am addicted to your journal.i think Prism lives where i do...in portland.she goes to the raw food meets i want to go to.anyway-well-u eat healthy so this is good.i hope u will be able to work things out with hubby.sometimes it can be so very hard.gf! i could not drag my hubby to a raw food resturant.hugs taylor

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 13, 2007 04:23AM

MY dear you cannot be so hard on yourself. Your doing well. I slip here and then is a slip. Maybe that's what your body needed at the time. Sometimes when i crave things i will stop and close my eyes and go into myself for a second to see if that's what i really want. Then i'll drink a glass of water and see if i'm still hungry. Sometimes works. That's awesoem about the grain lock! You have this in you. Don't beat yourself up over the little ones.
xoxo,
*fruit

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 13, 2007 07:55AM

Hi there...glad to see you back!!! glad you are doing well.....happy to hear you and your hubby are speaking to one another...and how sweet of him to put the lock on the cabinet...that is awesome whatever it takes......right??? hey i wanted to know what a pomello tasted like haha..i saw them at henry's the other day and they looked like huge grapefruit haha...thanks!! and good luck with the mono tomorrow we are all here supporting you!!!
oh and taylor prism lives in oceanside cali near me...but girl you go to those raw food potlucks....you be brave...i know it is hard i was nervous on sunday but it was cool...i went early and met the first person and then was introduced to others as they got there smiling smiley
good luck to you too
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables