Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Getting the hang of this...
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 20, 2007 01:01PM

Thank you kindly for your words.

Am struggling with a "frozen shoulder" and I feel the effects of the wrong food choices right away in the form of pain. Salt is bad for sure.

The better my diet, the less the pain it's that simple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 20, 2007 06:45PM

Hello there...sorry to hear you are going through this tought time...we are always here for here to support you!!!! take care and keep on trying....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 21, 2007 02:51PM

Thanks Sachelle.

Went for deep tissue massage and accupuncture and cupping on the shoulder last night, felt like it had been run over by a meat tenderizer when I got home.
But it is helping.

This is me (in the middle) a couple of weeks ago while on vacation. My sister, on the left, had breast cancer last year. I gave her Victoria Boutenko's book A Green Life. She knows what she has to do... I pray she does it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 02:55PM by Dulset.

Date: March 21, 2007 06:24PM

wow you are beautiful and congrats on giving your sister the book and hopefully she will do what she needs to to overcome her health challenge...i will keep her in my prayers...keep up the good work...
good luck
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
sounds like you are improving on that shoulder good job!!!

Date: March 21, 2007 09:30PM

Thank you so much Sachelle for sending me good vibes, you are truly sweet!

Am trying to source out a supply of wheatgrass to try and heal my shoulder faster. That was agood suggeston. There was a huge bag of it a Planet Organic for $20 bucks but I wouldn't get through it all before it got bad.

Date: March 22, 2007 08:41AM

hmmm a huge bag of it for only 20 that is a good price...maybe buy that and use as much as you can before it goes bad...if you drink it a few times a day...you might surprise yourself!!
goodl uck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 28, 2007 01:09PM

Re wheatgrass, I've found a store that sells fresh wheatgrass juice and it's helping. I'm not eating any fat to speak of and staying raw and the shoulder pain is now bearable, I can even sleep on my side again.

Have to stay 100% raw or I'm in agony! Happy spring to all!

Date: March 28, 2007 06:50PM

Hi there....glad to hear from you!!! and i am soooo happy you are doing well and doing the wheatgrass juice to help with the pain!!! sounds like you are doig wonderful now...happy happy joy joy haha.....well keep it up!!!
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 09:52PM

Still have "frozen shoulder", it's supposed to last for a year or two. Am trying light cleansing to start, will keep reading. Read on curezone that sore shoulders and upper back could be helped by kidney cleansing.
I believe a raw diet will work too but hope that maybe I can help things along by cleansing, will see.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2007 10:03PM by Dulset.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 10:20PM

hey there....well good to see you on here posting and doing well....yeah that "frozen shoulder" isa bummer sorry you are going through this...but at least you are trying things and getting out there and learning things to help it...how did the wheatgrass go???? hmm well good lukc with everything and keep us updated....i am always here if you need a friend
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 15, 2007 11:54PM

hey Dulset - where do you get your wheatgrass?

U have lovely eyes!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 16, 2007 12:07AM

doesn't she?? she has beautiful glowing eyes!! she is a beautiful person!! yay Dulset!! keep it up girl!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoox+

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 18, 2007 04:07PM

Thank you guys for the compliment!

Tori, the wheatgrass juice I found at a store in bloor west village, north side right near the library east of runnymede, don't know the name, it's right across from NO Frills. Vitality? I think. they have cheap Larabars only 1.69. But never mind that while you're on the juice.

It's in a 7 pack, in the fridge in small bottles with no air in them, I don't have a juicer yet. It's grown in diluted seawater, it works, I feel better with more greens period.

I was not doing enough greens last week and started Smart Cleanse a few days ago and the pain got worse. I upped the greens big time and pain much improved today.

Thanks for looking in on me.

Date: April 19, 2007 04:30AM

hey there....yay for wheatgrass isn't it awesome?? i love it so much too..yay for the pain going away on your intense cleanse...good luck with that and take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 05:20AM

hey there how are things going for you??i hope all is well with you!!! let me know how you are doing...i am sure it is great though...how is the shoulder and things....hopefully iti s getting better!! you are such a strong person to be doing raw and going through this pain...but i think a lot of it is detox you know?? you are getting rid of old toxins and things that triggered it and bothered it before....cuz it is resurfacing to get out of the body!! so stay strong and keep at it...and you will feel fab in no time smiling smiley
i am always here for ya!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 09:06AM

Earthangel, thanks for your amazing support.

It would make sense if the shouler thing were detox. Am thinking about doihg some water fasting to speed healing. Will read up on it. I can control the pain to a large extent by keeping my diet clean. My doctor gave me a prescription for Percoset, that's heavy drugs for pain - no way can't take them.
Would probably be a good idea to do a week long water fast and take a week off.

AM - green smoothie with head ronmaine, parsley and wheatgrass and 2 grapefuit.

mid morning - couple of oranges

lunch - 5 -6 bananas

PM - green smoothie- same greens as in AM but with a banana and blueberries.

raw vegetables, pumpkinseeds or an avacado dressing on salad.

Still drinking tea in the morning though.

Date: April 25, 2007 10:00AM

hey there...yay you for doing so well on raw....yeah i think a water fast or even juice cleanse is a good idea to speed up detox and healing...to get that stuff out of there you kmnow....good move not taking the med yes as a nurse i know that it is a strong pain med...and in the raw world it does nothing but supress toxins back into the cells so that you can't feel them and you can't get rid of them!!! so keep up the good work!!
take care of yourself...glad things are looking up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:11AM

hey hun...just stopping by to say hello and check in on you!!! hope all is well...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 01:05AM

Well, I keep re-injuring my shoulder and I can't take it anymore. I'm going on the Meloxicam. I started it to-nite.

In a perfect world I would go to Fiji and live there stress free for six months fasting occasionally and heal perfectly. But since conditions are not ideal ahem I'm going to drop the diet purity thing for a bit and take the drugs. Am still going to stay mainly raw of course.

Have eaten almost two large watermelons in the last three days. Mmmmm.. The blood oranges have been good too. English cucumbers are starting to taste better, are they fresher or am I just adapting I wonder?

Date: May 03, 2007 07:24AM

hey there....well good for you..if the pain is that bad take the meds if it helps you..that is something that is a tough thing to go through and whatever helps...i still have to take my insulin every day for my diabetes...and even though it is all natural it is still a drug and i still don't like taking it but have to..so don't sweat it...keep eating raw and you will heal and feel amazing in time!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

good luck smiling smiley

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:04PM

hey there..how are thing going?? i hope your shoulder is feeling better now....take care of yourself and let me know how all is going for yoU!!! oh and btw i saw those adorable pics of your doggies how sweet!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 03:28PM

It's been over a week on the meds, I hate putting that stuff in my body but have no choice I feel. There is a 20% improvement, very small but I'll keep taking them because I can't live my life in constant pain.

Am going to a raw food potluck this evening, am bringing corn tortillas and a mango papya salsa.

Have not been 100% raw, ate a small bag of chips a couple of days ago, will not repeat that too often but I had to get it out of my system. Am eating steamed veggies and soups made of steamed veggies in the evenings and having fruit during the day. The effect of a raw diet is not the same now because I'm taking the medication for pain. sad smiley

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 12, 2007 08:25PM

Hi Dulset,

sorry to hear about the frozen shoulder. I know it is painful. I had a bad shoulder, originating I think from an injury to rotator cuff. Never went to a doctor, but it kept getting worse so I went to an acupuncturist. Fortunately for me, it worked, like a miracle. I had had this condition for about 9 months and it prevented sleep, etc. Had hardly any range of motion, no strength. Had this amazing acupuncture and cupping after which I had nearly full range motion, and I started playing tennis again!

But it didn't work for you? Could you try another acupuncturist? How long do you have to take the drugs? I hope not for long.

Well, stay as much on the raw diet as you can, as that will be so much to your advantage.

Best wishes, hope that you see big improvement soon soon soon.
--Elakti

Date: May 12, 2007 08:32PM

Hey sweetie i know it is tough with the meds...sorry to hear you are down on yourself right now...but hey you are doing what is best for yoU!! eating raw..taking the med to help the shoulder so you aren't in agony all day everyday..you will recover and refocus and get off of them don't stress....stressing and worrying adds to the negative channels in your body not good for you mydear smiling smiley...think happy thoughts and knwo i am here for you...keep up the good work!! you are doing great
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 10:22AM

Will try accupuncture again with a different guy I know to be excellent, just further away. Thanks Elakti for the suggestion. Thanks EA for your usual love and caring support!

Attended my first potluck on Saturday, it was great! Food combing rules pretty much out the window but so wonderful to connect with like-minded people and exchange info. Don't feel so alone anymore! Several skinny people like me there lol! Someone brought a sweet little vegan dog but I never got the chance to speak to the owner about how she fed him.

Note to self - bring camera next time!

Date: May 14, 2007 09:19PM

Hey there hun!! yay you for giving accupuncture another try!! alwasy good to do something helpful one more time haha smiling smiley..i trully hope it helps you!! as i am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending good vibes your way!!!! let us know how it goes with him!!!

yay for going to the potluck and now meeting some like minded people you are not alone !!!!!!

well hun continue your amazing journey!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 15, 2007 02:46AM

Hi Dulset,

I hope that treatment helps...maybe this acupuncturist will get to it. I love acupuncture, and I believe that with the right person you should get relief.

I know how frustrating that is, to have such a condition and then have to consider an alternative that is so against your grain. Try hardest not to take the heavy drugs. Good good luck with this treatment! AS I said, my treatment was longer than usual. I lay on my back and needles went on my front, on face, ears, arms...well, all the way to my feet. Then I lay on my front and the needles were again placed all over. It seemed very thorough, and it sure was successful. Also had cupping. I think the whole thing took a couple hours.

I hope the same thing happens to you. Best wishes.

Nice you got to go to a potluck. I bet it was fun meeting up with lots people and eating a lot of food!

-Elakti

Date: May 15, 2007 04:05AM

Hey hun just saying hello...i saw your pic somewhere it was a new one you looking beautiful and glowing!!!! aww and your doggie was precious too!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:46AM

I skimmed over your diary and I didn't read every post but I wanted to make a suggestion about your shoulder. I had something wrong with one of mine for about two years. The thing that finally got rid of it was sleeping on the floor with no pillow. WE actually have plywood on a futon frame with eggcrate foam on top. I can't sleep on anything else for longer than a couple weeks or the shoulder pain returns. I am used to it now and have never slept or felt better in my life. I know it sounds drastic but if you are in pain like I was you'll try anything. It takes a couple weeks for your body to adjust (especially the hips) but after that it feels great.

Date: May 23, 2007 05:32AM

wow that is interesting!! that is a good tip.....i have some family members taht might benefit as well!! thanks hun take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables