Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Raw diary-my journey to health
Posted by: Siddha ()
Date: February 04, 2007 09:53PM

I have suffered with Ulcerative Colitis/Crohns for about 5 years. It's not getting any better and I'm not prepared to go back on steroids which dont cure it rather just mask up the symptoms. So I'm going RAW as of tomorrow. I have just made some cashew milk and have a blended salad to take to work haha. So here goes everything then!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw diary-my journey to health
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 05, 2007 01:54AM

welcome Siddha!! and good luck.there is alot of info on this site to help u succeed.i wish you the very best in changing your health to better.so u can feel better.hugs taylor

Date: February 05, 2007 07:24PM

Hi Taylor, thank you very much for your kind message. Well 1st day nearly over I had nut milk and a blended salad today. I have had some steamed veggies for dinner so not 100% raw but no chocolate no crisps no bread...for me this is a big step forward. Oh and by the way my colitis is better already haha!

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:55PM

Dear siddha-I think it is good you are helping yourself to be better.I am so glad u are feeling better.it sounds like u had a postive day.I am so glad...please keep logging in your journal as i am very interested in this progress.well-u are transitioning into raw.so the steamed veggies are ok.taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 05:30AM

HI Siddha!!! i have read your posts and you are a very brave person who is going to love and enjoy your new raw journey and not have to worry about the health challenges that are thrown in the bodies when we eat junk smiling smiley i am overcoming a health challenge of Type 1 diabetes and an ED....so good luck to you and hope to continue seeing you post on here and prospering!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 19, 2007 08:05PM

Dear Sachelle and Taylor, thanks for your support. I getting ready to try again, i totaly flawed my first attempt. Watch this space.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 20, 2007 02:07AM

Yes..I believe raw foods will help you heal. Keep trying..it takes trying over and over usually.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 20, 2007 05:37AM

Hi Siddha!! glad to see you back on here...it's okay try try again....not everyone is perfect or anything...it takes a lot of commitment and dedication and you can't expect it to work so much right away that you never relapse..but you are doing awesome attempting it again that is fantastic!! good luck and we will be watching this diary keep up with you!! good luck and know we are here for you !!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 06:37PM

We i'm back on the diet again, today i had 2 banana strawberry smoothies and carrot/celery juice. For dinner i was a bit naughty aas i has quinoa, veg and tofu. I cant eat raw veg yest until my inflammation has gone, I spoke with Dave Klien the other day (nice guy), he gave me some advice on what to eat to heal this crohns disease. Feel better already.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 25, 2007 06:07AM

Glad to see your back. Yay for you. Keep up the good work.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 25, 2007 06:36AM

Hi there...sounds like you had an overall good day!! keep it up..good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 26, 2007 11:35AM

Well well had some truble yesterday, I was raw all day but gave into the desire for a cheese and tomato pizza ;-(. Never mind I'm not going to beat myself up over this, i'm following the diet again today and will take each day as it comes. It's not easy to change habits you have had for years overnight. O the plus side there is an improvement in my Crohns symptoms already.

Date: February 27, 2007 07:05AM

HI Siddha....well congrats on going right back at it today...it takes a lot of willpower and strength i know....i just read the 12 steps to becoming raw and beating cooked food addiction....it says that the more you eat here and there cooked even raw the more your cravings will remain....she says after 2 months 100% raw you will have no desire...but hey that is saying anyone starting off can go through the 2 months haha.. you know??? smiling smiley well anyway all the changes you are making are great and soo good for your health...you will feel amazing even with the cheese pizza because you are incorporating all the raw...congrats.....and not beating ur self up is sooo good i wish i had that power i am horrible to myself....but good for you...and glad to hear your symptoms are improving already!
keep up the good work
take care
love sachelle
xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 27, 2007 01:51PM

Hi Sachelle/Prism

Yeah i gotta admit i am addicted to certain foods, isnt this nuts. I never new this until I tried to stop eating them. At the very least I have changed by diet up until 12 just raw. Its sucks I cant eat salad and nuts yet as they would just aggrivate my condition. But saying that i guess pizza does as well hahaha! I am juicing every day which is nice. I go on vacation tomorrow for 10 days, we are taking a mini juicer ;-) Wishing you all well.

Siddha

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 27, 2007 04:52PM

Yes, take it easy and have a fun vacation!

Love,
Prism

Date: February 28, 2007 06:34AM

HI there...welll good for you getting to go on vacation....have fun and we wil talk with you after the paradise of 10 days...good for you taking the juicer!!
have fun and good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables