Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:25AM

I just started a raw foods diet. I have been on it for 6 days and the pounds are falling off.
My energy is through the roof!
I'm 6'1" and 278 pounds. Yeah, I'm well over weight. I started the atkins and had the energy but wasn't losing the weight.
Some vegetarian friends introduced me to the raw diet and I'm loving it.

I have a couple of questions:
My body feels warm all over, down to my toes. Is this common? It feels good.

Does anyone have recommendations on literature I could read pertaining to detox and raw foods in general?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: newbie
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:27AM

Congrats on your new journey to raw foods. Look at the master cleanse for detox. I havne't done it but am considering it and it seems to be the most popular. I would read Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousins. FOr cook books i love the complete book of raw food. Type in raw food on amazon.com and you'll get a lot of stuff back. Good luck!
xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 19, 2007 06:36AM

HI there....congrats on your new lifestyle!!!! your journey is going to be great....i am newer to the raw foodism as well...wednesday it will have been 4 weeks!! so i am a little farther into it.....congrats on the weight loss already that is awesome.....wow a big change drastic from atkins to raw vegan!! haha good for you.......hmm body feels warm not sure i ahve heard anything on this....i do know that after a while you will seem colder because your body temp will go down because it doesn't have to work so hard to digest cooked foods....so maybe it is something to do with detox and your body working hard to rid itself of toxins...hmmm not sure.....
as for books wow there are sooo many good ones..i have piles of them here on my floor next to me...i like raw food made easy for a receipe book.because unless you are cooking for a family or quite a few people this books gives receipes for 1 or 2 people so you can make smaller things and not waste...i also like `rawesome....raw the uncook book is good too...hmmm well i hope this helps ....good luck with everything and be sure to keep us updated on your progress...we are always here for you for support...this site reallys helps me i know it will help yout oo..everyone is so sweet!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 20, 2007 02:09AM

When you eat, the calories start fueling your body and digestion also helps to rev up metabloism..so you'll get warm about 15 minutes after you've eaten.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 20, 2007 02:20AM

Thanks for the information on the master cleanse and detox.
I did look on Amazon and that is why I was asking about preferred books. They have ALOT of them.

Today I ate 2 bananas and 2 apples in the morning.
Immediately after, I had a stomachache for about 45 minutes.
As the day went on I felt great and energized.

I was using a little ranch on my veggies. Today was my first day without.
I've been chewing sugar free gum. I hope that's not too big of a problem.

I would like to post a few victories I have had this past year.
I quit smoking 10 months ago.
I quit drinking 8 months ago.
I quit all things caffeine 2 months ago.

I gained quite a bit of weight quitting smoking and drinking, but I feel I am on the right path.
Today has been all veggies and fruits, outside of the sugar free gum. I'm feeling good.

Date: February 20, 2007 05:34AM

Hey girl...good for you with all you have accomplished!! that is fantastic and very hard...you are on a wonderful new healthy journey that will increase your life and energy so much!!! good job today you ate really healthy!! keep it up!! i look forward to seeing your progress and seeing you transform!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 20, 2007 06:33AM

no offense taken, but I'm 100% male

Date: February 20, 2007 06:38AM

It's 12:30 A.M. and I have been up from 7:00 a.m. the previous day. I'm having a hard time going to bed.

I feel incredibly amped, but I have school at 10:00 in the morning..Ayieeeeee

Date: February 20, 2007 07:46AM

oh well i am sooo sorry haha..i guess i got so used to only a few of us girls on here..but congrats glad to see a male on here!!! it will be great to share experiences and stories along the journey...so sorry haha...good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2007 07:48AM by sachelle.

Date: February 21, 2007 02:14AM

Wow congrats on all those accomplishments.I bet your body is thanking you like no other. Sounds like you are doing really well. Where do you go to school? Your not a new yorker by any chance?

Date: February 21, 2007 02:30AM

I'm out in the boonies in South Dakota. I'm going to school for media production.

Today was another good day of fruits and vegetables. I had a strong urge for some cheese, but I managed.

I'm full of energy!

Date: February 22, 2007 02:20AM

I've discovered if I mix fruits and vegetables I get diarrhea.
Sorry to any who read this.

I'm trying fruits first tonight and then some veggies.

Date: February 22, 2007 02:27AM

Ah well. Media production sounds cool though. Way to avoid the cheese. The diarrhea might just be you detoxing since you have just started into this. Any other detox symptoms? Hope you feel better.

Date: February 22, 2007 04:04AM

A couple of mornings I had a stomachache, but I think that was the apples.

I just received some books from amazon: The Raw Foods Resource Guide, which I've started to read and enjoy, and 12 Step's to Raw Foods.

I want to try the sprouting process and the culturing. I have very little experience in such matters. I need to find a source of information on how to do it exactly.

I use to be a bad energy drink consumer, but now the fruit smoothies are a much better substitute.

It's nice to have a meal and not feel guilty.

Full of energy

Date: February 22, 2007 05:28AM

Hey there......glad you are doing well..yeah the diarrhea might be you detoxing so i wouldn't worry too much about it..but good to do the mono thing...fruits then veggies.....hmm the 12 step's book is awesome!!! i love it....their book raw family is an awesome journey to raw as well....yeah a lot of people say apples cause a stomachache they are tough to digest.....sprouting is really easy...i suggest you start with mung beans...they are super easy.....i put them in a big bowl cover with a lot of water....and cover the bowl over night...about 10 hours i find is best...then rinse really well..then i take dish towel soak it with water then squeeze it out...place the wet towel inthe bowl you soaked in and pour the beans on top put in a dark cool place...i use my dishwasher haha....and let sprout rinse 2 times a day!!! good luck!!! i am so happy you are doing such a great job on raw that is awesome!!! good for you to eat a meal and not feel guilty..even eating raw i am still working on this smiling smiley
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 23, 2007 04:27AM

yesterday I felt really good

today I felt amazing

and the quantity of food I need to feel full has dropped

My attitude has done a 180

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: February 23, 2007 11:13AM

hi dvdai.I quit smoking 7-8 years ago and I quit drinking almost 5 years ago.still drink coffee like a mad woman and chew buttloads of gum BUUUUUT raw vegan( 80% )

good luck!

Date: February 23, 2007 11:46AM

Hey there dvdai...good to here you are feeling so amazing congrats...keep it up!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 23, 2007 02:23PM

thanks ladies!!

I hope someday I can say I quit smoking and drinking for that long. Good Job!!

Date: February 24, 2007 01:35AM

Good for you! So glad you are feeling amazing. :-)

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 24, 2007 04:19AM

You are doing great taking it one day at a time...before you know it it will be a years from now smiling smiley and you will be telling everyone how wonderful you ahve done!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 06:47AM

I've been reading the 12 steps to raw foods and had some questions and comments.

The diarrhea seems gone, but I have some cold sores. That seems to be common according to the book.

I have been taking vitamins, a one-a-day tablet about every other day. Should I stop?

The author stresses 100% raw. Should I stop chewing gum?

I was intrique by the avocado being able to break apart the fat in the body for easier digestion. I was never a big fan of avocados, but when I started on one I really enjoyed it. Has anyone experienced a speedier weight loss while eating avocados?

Other than the gum, its been all fruits and vegetables. I'm trying to be as organic as possible but the selection here in South Dakota isn't that great. I find that ironic since we are such an agricultural state. To be fair, I need to do some more research on that.

I feel like I'm having detox easy. According to the book, detox can be rough but that is a good thing. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet.
I have not been kind to my body and I feel I'm still in store for some rough detox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2007 06:53AM by dvdai.

Date: February 24, 2007 08:12AM

HI there.....welll yes that book is great i love it!!! and you know now that i think about it....i was eating avo's almost everyday with something and i was doing good with weight loss then i read all these things about lowering fat and only eating avo's once or twice a week ....but i don't eat any seeds or nuts so maybe that is why because the people who don't eat many of them eat more nuts and seeds......so then i stopped eating them...and my weight loss stopped...it has been frusterating me so much i think i am going to go and buy some more and go back to one a day hahah...like a vitamin...hmm do you know what is in the vit....there are some that are all vegan and raw and i think that is okay...but if it is some drug store vit i don't think it is a good idea to be taking it...it is toxic still and will slow down your process......same with gumm....it isn't raw and they recommend not chewing it....but i think if it helps you in the beginning from chewing on food then i think go for it at first...but after you are raw for a while you should give it up.....you usually don't have intense detox that is thoroughly cleaning until a few months into it from what most of the books and success stories i have read and people i have talked to...right now you will experience some and it may be hard sometimes...but it gets really bad in a few months for up to 3 weeks....and they say you will usually get 3 or so a year until the 7th year you are raw when everything in your body has been cleansed and renewed!!! hopefully this helps with all your questions!! i hope i helped hun.....oh and organic is important but it is more important to being eating all raw too!! so what you are doing is great...and what you can do organic great and if you can't don't worry so much about it now...just focus on staying raw!!!
have a great day!! take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 09:47PM

thanks for the words of encouragement!!

Today I am fasting for the first time and so far so good.

I find myself engrossed by the raw food diet. I want to know more and more.

Date: February 24, 2007 11:08PM

Hi there...that is what i felt like too and still do...i can't get enough...it started occupying all my time haha..i would work,eat,and research raw things...this week i got back to reality because i was becoming obsessive about raw haha...i was eating breathing sleeping raw lol...but i love having a lot of knowledge of what i am doing...just don't get too caught up in it and forget to live haha....congrats ont he fast that is awesome!!! they are very difficult but so rewarding!! are you doing a water fast?? or juice or mono fruit??
keep us updated on your progress through this!! good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 25, 2007 12:03AM

I'm doing a water fast

I woke up this morning not hungry and decided to go with it, and I'm still truckin'.

I just got done working out and I'm feeling a little weak.

When people speak of 'juice' do they mean veggies or fruit pressed through their own juicer?

I would like to get one, but alas, no cashola. 200 bucks is too spendy for me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Date: February 25, 2007 07:30AM

Hi there....congrats on the water fast...after a few days you will feel amazing!!! yes juicing is juice juiced in one's juicer (haha say that 3 times fast) you can also go to a juice bar or juice cafe that makes smoothies and such they usually have fresh squeezed/juiced juices as well.....you can also make a smoothie and then strain it through cheesecloth and only drink the juice...it takes a lot of work through but always a though haha...good luck!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 25, 2007 03:08PM

My plan was just one day of fasting.

I only slept 5 hours. I'm feeling weak and jittery.

But, I think I'll try fasting today, also.

Date: February 25, 2007 10:02PM

Hey how's the fast going?? i see you were going to try it again today awesome!!! it is hard..usually day 1 you feel good but day 2 and day 3 are rough..... you will feel weaker and sluggish hmm...not sure about the jittery...maybe it is energy your body isn't sure what to do with...go for a slow longer walk that should help with jitteryness.....keep up the good work and keep us posted...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: February 26, 2007 02:35AM

I decided to quit the fast about half way through today.
That's ok. I've never even fasted for one day!

I ate ALOT of fruits.

I tried to eat some veggies, but it just wasn't tasting very good. I need more variety.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables