Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: newbie
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:54AM

I'm having a strong urge for nuts,particulary, cashews and peanuts. I'm going to have to do some research to find some raw nuts. The internet research I have done seems to say, "don't be fooled by nuts claiming to be raw cause they probably aren't."

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 26, 2007 04:05AM

That's great. Good for you. Keep it up.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:48AM

hey there..well great job congrats on doing the fast for as long as you did....especially since you had never fasted before...that is great...any little bit helps with detox.....hmm yeah sometimes veggies are tough...i like to blend them into a soup...haha so i am stil getting veggies but they have a smooth taste....and i like to get my greens (which i just recently learned excludes most veggies haha...it is only leafy things like lettuce romaine,parsley those sorts of things) with a fruit or two in the blender for a green smoothie...i use a big head of romaine or green leafy lettuce and 2 banana's and it makes a great smoothie tastes yummy....that is the way i get my greens and veggies in...so maybe try that...hopefully it works....good luck and of course i am always willing to help and offer support
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 26, 2007 08:52AM

hey there sorry your post and starfruits didn't pop up until after i wrote the last one...well cashews can only be bought from nature's first law in san diego they are the only place (so most people say) that have REAL RAW cashews..they ship it isl ike 13 dollars a pound...almonds are okay to buy raw but usually from a healthy food source like natural health store!!
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 27, 2007 07:32AM

HI hun....just checking in to see how your day went??? how is the raw journey going....hope all is well...take care and keep us posted!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 01, 2007 03:12AM

Are nuts in a shell considered raw?

Date: March 01, 2007 03:26AM

yes as long as the packaging doesn't say they are roasted. Are you soaking your nutsbefore you eat them?

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 01, 2007 03:37AM

I haven't ate any nuts since I started, but I am getting a strong urge for them. How long do I soak a peanut or sunflower seed?

Date: March 01, 2007 11:53AM

Well peanuts you would deshell and then usually soak over night (6-8) hours. With sunflower seeds do the same. If you want to sprout them that's a diffrent story.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 02, 2007 02:00AM

I like to learn the hard way.

I got some raw sunflower seeds and ate them without soaking. My gut is not happy and I feel tired. I won't do that again. I have no desire to eat anything for awhile.
I have experienced some moments of vertigo and a hard time concentrating occasionally. I think it might be due to a low caloric intake. I paid attention to my calorie intake in a day an I wasn't even getting a 1000. I upped it. It is extremely odd for me to feel satisfied in quanity of food in a day, while only getting a 1000 calories.

Except for a few minor physical discomforts, Everythings been going great. I've lost 30 lbs! I just purchased Ann Wigmore's "The Sprouting Book" and can't wait to get it.

I want to thank everyone for all their insight and help! I just want to yell at my family and friends about this great new lifestyle and tell them all the details. But, Victoria Boutenko is right when she says you can't force it on anyone. Live by example. When people see your happy, they'll naturally want to know why. Then I can yell at them.

Date: March 02, 2007 03:21AM

I know what you mean about wanting to yell. haha. i want to do that all the time when people complain about weight, sickness, feeling yucky after eating. ITs like just go raw you wont have to worry about any of that. Ah well. I don't preach. 3olbs that is crazy! Good for you. Keep it up man. you are doing good stuff

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 05, 2007 02:53AM

I'm going to attempt a master cleanse, starting tonight.

Date: March 05, 2007 03:40AM

Wow let us know how that goes. I'm gonna do one once school is out.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 05, 2007 06:56AM

Hi there...well you are doing sooooo great... 30 pounds is amazing....congrats on that....hmm yeah it is amazing how full you can feel on so little calories...i have been ahving this problem lately too....but mine is in the low 1oo's and 200's...but i am working on this....
anyways just wanted to congratulate on the awesome progress and i look forward to seeing how the master cleanse goes!!!good luck with that
yeah i know i want to tell everyone about raw when they are complaining too haha...but oh well i know i feel when people come up to me in the gym and say you want to lose weight i have the perfect solution for you.....and they tell me to drink green tea at exactly 180 degrees and i will be stick thin...amazing how that is not what i believe but i am like okay that is great and look at them and wonder WHY they don't drink the tea themselves smiling smiley....you are what you eat and if they believe the green tea is soo good why isn't it working for them?? i decided that i have had enough people ask me if i wanted the secret to weight loss that i wouldn't do that to someone else who may be doing what they think is good and is working for their bodies at the time...like taylor lost weight before raw...so everyone has to enter at their own will....:0 that is just my thoughts...
well keep up the awesome work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 06, 2007 01:06AM

everything's going as the master cleanse book says

the salt water sucks
the lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper mix is doable
the senna herb tea is pretty good

bodily functions match the descriptions in the book

day one's going well!

Date: March 06, 2007 02:09AM

Did I read that right, Sachelle? You only get 100 to 200 calories a day?

Why, if I may ask?

Date: March 06, 2007 07:16AM

Oh well because lately i have been not able to get many kcals in...like you were saying that you found you were full and not even getting 1000 kcals a day...i can go through the day and not notice until i sit down at the computer that i have only eaten a couple hundred calories...but i am working on it...i want to work up to at least 900 or 1000 cuz that is the ideal for losing weight....so far it i have been adding small things back here and there....so we will see....awesome on the master cleanse i used to have that book ...i gave it to a friend...but i want to do it again this summer somtime...although i don't want to use maple syrup it isn't completely raw i think i read somewhere where i can sub it for something else....but i think it is an awesome program and you will do great on it!!! keep up the good work...30 pounds in that little of time is AMAZING keep up the awesome work!!
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 22, 2007 12:33AM

I only made it 2 days on the master cleanse. It's going to have to wait till another time.

I've lost 40 lbs. so far.

I got a cold and flu like symptoms about a week ago. I muscled through it without medication. I feel really well now, but I still have a bit of a cold.

My tongue is extremely white, and I have a couple of sores on it. I hope this ultimately isn't a bad thing.

All in all, things are good.

Date: March 22, 2007 08:42AM

Hey there...wow i was worried about you!!! awesome 40 pounds that is amazing you are doing soooo well keep it up!!!!!....hmm yeah the white tongue and bumps on it is just infection and candida getting out of your body...it is part of detox and it will go away and clear up
keep up the good work
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 05, 2007 10:49PM

HELLO ALL,

I've been on raw foods for 7 weeks now and lost 50 pounds.

The weight lost has slowed down, but I'm still plenty overweight at 6' 1" 245 pounds.

The last couple of weeks I have been rather anti-social and moody. I wonder if I was detoxing something or was eating something that my body didn't appreciate.
Today I felt great.

I've been eating bananas, medjool dates, grapes, lettuce, spinach, jalapenos, oranges,red onions and, at the moment, pumpkin seeds, celery, and cabbage,
I've also been mixing the Himalayn Crystal salt with my water. I started that about 2 weeks ago and am wondering if that didn't have something to do with my mood. Does anyone else use the Himalayan Crystal salt?

I don't do the blending anymore. I generally just eat individual fruits, vegetables, and occassional nuts.

life is good

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 06, 2007 04:52AM

Hey there congrats on doing so well......hmm i have a question not trying to discourage or be mean....but your very first post you posted your weight as 278.....and today you posted your weight as 245 but said you have lost 50 pounds...that is only 33 pounds did you gain weight during the periods and re lose it and counted that or what?? i am just curious about it...cuz i am too trying to lose and your weight loss no matter if it is 1 pound or 200 is amazing...i am just wondering if something is off here or what...cuz i have been doing really strict 100% and exercise maniac and haven't lost much in the 2 months i have been on it but i have lost about 35 pounds so that would be about average if your weight loss is 33 and comparing to the average weight loss with raw...a 30-35 or 40 weight loss in two months is average and great....sorry if i sounds bad or mean...i am just honestly asking for answers haha and to figure things out...but no matter you are doing so fantastic and i commend you!! keep up the ogod work and please let me know about the loss..
thanks
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 06, 2007 01:40PM

When I first started raw I weighed 295. I first posted here when I weighed 278.
Sorry if I was sounding suspicious.

Date: April 06, 2007 10:25PM

That isn't right either. When I first started dieting I weighed 295. I started off with the atkins and loss about 8 pounds on that. I lost about 42 being raw. Sorry, I really should be putting more thought into my posts.

Date: April 07, 2007 05:13AM

oh i see...well still that weight loss is fantastic...no it's okay haha...i was just wondering and comparing....you are doing so great...keep up the good work...i am so happy for you...thanks for letting me know
keep up the tremendous work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 08, 2007 04:15PM

Concerning Himalayan Crystal Salt:

I read that if you put a 1/2 tsp. of salt in 8 oz. of water it will pass through you relatively quick, 20 minutes in fact. If this doesn't happen, it means that your body is deficient of the minerals that the salt contains and, consequently, your body absorbs the minerals.

I've been drinking it for about 3 weeks now and have not experienced this. So, yesterday I decided to drink much of this concoction and still didn't have any urges to eliminate it. I also put on a few pounds, I'm guessing in water weight.

I suppose this means I am extremely mineral deficient?
What has been your experiences?

Date: April 08, 2007 06:25PM

hmm i am not sure i have never done this but have heard it is good when you are doing a fast...and you should only do the flush on a completely empty stomach i do know that is the number one rule...if you drink it when you have eaten something that day it is not goingto work...that is why they say to do it right when you wake up...or you willmiss your window of oppurtunity till the next morning.....so that might be it if you are doing it throughout the day...good luck!!
love earth angel
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 12, 2007 06:01AM

hey there how are things going?? i know you are only succeeding more and more as the days go by!!! keep us updated
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 10:42PM

today's a great day!

Date: April 24, 2007 04:41AM

hey there...glad to see today is a great day...what happend??? or are you just feeling the awesome ness?? keep it up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 02:29PM

just awesomeness

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables