Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Fed Up With Pain
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:28AM

Hey girl..haha yeah i am forgetting the cooked grossness that i had today..although it was vegan it was still cooked...my stomach is KILLING me it hurts so bad i have bad taste in my mouth and my stomach is gurgle city....i feel gross bloated and fatter then i usually do...but anyways this is not about me haha...just wanted you to know in case your last 2 days were anything like that smiling smiley
you had an awesome day today keep it up!!!
take care and good to hear from you!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 29, 2007 12:15PM

raspberry-you do really good and eat healthy.good for you.hang in there. hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: raspberry ()
Date: April 02, 2007 04:02PM

hi,
thanks for your comments, sachelle and taylor! i hope you're all doing good..

well, the last week i didn't eat all raw, but i managed to eat a fair amount of fruit and vegetables.
(one evening, it was my boss's birthday party, so i had to stay and be polite and eat white bread with salmon and a real big piece of birthday cake, although i had been perfectly content with my green smoothie and bananas for once! but everyone would've thought i'm crazy if i had refused; it was a really small party and everyone would've noticed. and i thought, hey, i haven't followed the raw food diet so closely anyway, so it wouldn't be worth the social irritations..)

i've now got easter vacation, i'm so glad. the weather is so nice and sunny, too. god, i feel so much better now that i can sleep enough and get fresh air and sun..

i'll come back later this evening to list what i ate today,
love,
raspberry

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 02, 2007 10:00PM

hi there girl!!! aww we missed ya these last couple of days.....well don't worry about your boss's bday...it's a new day today!!!! yay for easter vacation...that is awesome....take the time to really be good to your body...get out in the sunshine...sleep in as much as your body wants to....and eat some yummy raw foods....
good luck and have fun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 03, 2007 08:19AM

hi,
well, don't ever worry if i don't post anything for a couple of days. it often happens with me. sometimes i just don't feel like using the computer when i'm tired at night.. (and sometimes i don't feel like letting everyone know what crap i ate, haha.)

so yesterday i had:
a glass of fresh orange juice
3 pears, some seedless white grapes, 2 bananas
green smoothie: 1/2 sugar melon, 1 orange, 100g field lettuce, aloe juice
salad: lettuce and iceberg lettuce, 2 tomatoes, 1 carrot, little piece of cucumber, some red onion. dressing: avocado, lemon juice, garlic, salt.
1 nori sheet with mustard
chocolate drink (almond butter, water, vanilla, agave syrup, cocoa powder)
roasted mushrooms with soya sauce, some mini falafel burgers, soya-chocolate pudding dessert
and unfortunately 1 wheat roll with some cheese. (so that wasn't ideal but.. i'm working on it..)

Date: April 04, 2007 02:00AM

hey there...never feel bad about what you ate...you are a work in progress like the rest of us...but if you don't want to share that is cool...i try to keep everything simple and honest on here and that helps me cuz i think hmmdo i really need to eat this??? haha and then i think nope i don't it's not good..and i give up on it haha...
so anyways sounds like you had a pretty good day yesterday....keeep up the good work!!
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 10, 2007 08:54PM

hi, just stopping by to let you know i'm stil alive, haha.
i spent the last week in the countryside, so i didn't use the internet so often.
as always, easter holidays were all about traditional food (like meat and eggs..), so i just didn't want to disappoint anyone in my family..and i ate some meat.. but well, it's okay. i had less than in all the years before at easter, as my body really doesn't want meat any more..so that's a promising development, right.

getting back to raw since..today. i had:

water with lemon
4 bananas, 1 small bottle of non-raw OJ
1 glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, 5 spirulina capsules
big salad of green lettuce and 1 red onion with a dressing of 3 tomatoes, 3 carrots, lemon, garlic, tamari, olive oil, maple syrup, salt
some cucumber and 1 tomato with 1 nori sheet, mustard, tamari
a pudding of 3 bananas, cashew nut butter, cacao powder, ground vanilla, agave syrup

guess i should really try to go back to all raw, at least try to. because, as we've seen, the 'well-maybe-i'll-have-something-cooked' approach doesn't work out with me..
i need some really clear rules like 'all raw, and cooked dinner at weekends', or something. maybe then the temptation won't be so strong.
i definitely want to try. AGAIN. haha.

Date: April 11, 2007 01:14AM

hey there glad to see you back!!! hmm you seem to have had a tough cooked week...but don't worry tomorrow is a new day...you can go raw again...but don't ait eat some fruit or veggies tonight too ifyou want!!!!! smiling smiley......well take it one day at a time...today i will eat raw...then tomorroww say today i will eat raw haha and so on...not okay i will eat raw then i can eat cooked...you don't want to "reward" yourself with the toxins and bad stuff do you??? don't use food as a reward it is bad i know it.....that puts it in to your mind a different view on cooked.....and then it becomes more and more okay and we are back to square one haha...
well good luck hun glad to see you posting again
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 11, 2007 10:13PM

hi, earthangle, yeah you sure are right about rewarding oneself..
i have been raw for 2 days in a row now (erm, which is a great achievement for me..) so i hope i'll keep it up.

in addition to yesterday's food, i had another 1 kiwi and 1 orange at night.

today:

green smoothie of 2 pears, 1 orange, field lettuce, parsley, swiss chard, aloe juice.
quite a lot of non-raw orange juice
1 banana
a big salad of romaine with a dressing consisting of 1 carrots, 2 tomatoes, juice of 1/2 orange and some garlic; spirulina.
1 kiwi, 1/2 orange, 3 small plums, 1 pear
a smoothie of 2 bananas, 1 handful of almonds, 2 brazil nuts, some agave syrup, some cooca powder

Date: April 12, 2007 04:50AM

hey there keep up the good work....you are doing great!!! i am soo happy for you......keep it up...talk with you soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 13, 2007 06:34PM

thanks for your words, earthangel!

well, yesterday i had a banana and almond smoothie for breakfast, and then i was so caught up in some last minute translation work that i forgot to eat and didn't notice how empty my stomach was getting, and then i ended up being really hungry, and also anxious (because of some other job-related stuff), so i had 2 whole-grain toast with cheese, and some more toast and 2 eggs at night.
i don't feel so bad about yesterday though, because it was just as an 'accident', so to speak, and i don't have that much work to do every day (although that shouldn't be an excuse, i know).

so today i had:
1 green smoothie of 2 pears, 2 small plums, 1 kiwi, 1 apple, swiss chard, field lettuce.
1 big salad of mixed greens with a dressing of 2 tomatoes, 2 carrots, lemon juice, garlic, tamari.
1/3 cucumber in 1 nori sheet with mustard, sesame, tamari.
romaine roll-ups of 6 romaine leaves, 1 tomato, cashew nut butter, tamari.
pudding of 2 bananas, hazelnuts, almonds, a few pieces of dried fruit (all soaked), cocoa powder, agave syrup, ground vanilla.

recently, i seem to want no oils in my salad dressings. strange, the kind of things your body decides.

i had a craving for tofu today, but then i pictured some ideal version of myself in my head: glowing and smiling and happy on raw, and sticking to my rule of 'exceptions only at weekends', and it worked. i ate the romaine roll ups instead. i can't believe this - i overcame a craving. you know me, i don't overcome cravings, haha. or so i thought..

Date: April 14, 2007 03:28AM

hey there dear...you DO overcome cravings but you were just rusty in the area smiling smiley....yay for you so proud of you!!! keep up the awesome work!!!!!! hmm that romaine lettuce sounds sooo yummO....good for you...you are doing so great can't say it enough smiling smiley
love ya earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Date: April 15, 2007 03:39PM

aw, thanks, earthangel. (didn't do so well yesterday though..)

yesterday i had:

green smoothie of 1 orange, 1 blood orange, swiss chard, celery
big salad of mixed greens, soya sprouts, 1/2 mango, raspberries, with a dressing made of 2 tomatoes, lemon juice, sesame seeds, tamari
2 bananas drizzled with lemon juice and agave syrup
2 carrots
cooked broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, onion with curry sauce and brown lentils
soya chocolate dessert

so, this had been the plan.
but then later i felt so unsatisfied, and craving some bread, so i had toast with cheese and ketchup.
i guess that proves once more that cooked food is a trigger i can't seem to fight..

today though, i've done good so far. i'll come back later tonight. ***

Date: April 15, 2007 09:43PM

hey there hun welli am sorry you didn't have such a good day yesterday but it sounds like you didn't do too bad smiling smiley...it doesn't look bad from others perspective smiling smiley so don't be down on yourself...be happy!!! yay you!!!!
well go back at it today...and you are overcoming a lot of cooked food issues you have progressed since the first post so don't stress....progress not perfection dear!
love ya earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 17, 2007 10:17AM

yeah, earthangel, you're right. i've had worse days. (and months. and years.).
so, it's not so bad.
well, the last two days in a nutshell:
sunday: raw except cooked dinner
monday: cooked only (but vegan/vegetarian, and mostly not-so-unhealthy stuff)

i know this is a food blog, but i just need to get this off my chest.
this shooting at the virginia university/college? has really moved me; everytime they mention it in the news, i feel like crying and almost do.
and what i find particularly terrible is those people who apparently decided not to inform the students about the first shooting (in some dorm, i think) until 2 hours later. whatever reason they claim they had for this, i just can't believe this!
so, they sent everyone e-mails and sms, like, Oh, by the way, it might be better not to go to class today, but if you don't see this in time, bad luck for you. Is this a joke or what?
when they know there's someone on the loose who just used a gun and they haven't found him yet, there is no reason in this world why they wouldn't have the police or whoever evacuate the whole campus, IMMEDIATELY! i have no words for just how much i don't understand why this wasn't done. it makes me really..angry.

i feel like i want to do...something. like lighting a candle in a church. (although i'm not really religious, but it'll be my own private gesture). yeah, maybe i will really do that. i'm thinking of those families whose daughters and sons are suddenly gone, just like that, for no reason. i know what it feels like to lose a parent. but i guess i have no idea how it must feel to lose your child.

Date: April 18, 2007 02:36AM

hey sunshine...welll good for you going a it and staying strong!!! i am soo happy for yoU!!!!
oh and btw...yeah this is a RAW FOOD forum...but i think the diary section isn't a food section persay..and like i ahve been tryint to get everything to not talk so much about ONLY food but other things in life too!!! i think that it is overwhelming amounts of talk about ONLY food....that is why i try to mention daily life....and emotions and stuff!!!! so yay you for mentioning something else!!! keep up the good work...i mentioned the college shooting as well it is such a tragic thing and i feel so badly for those families...how horrible sad smiley
well hun keep on keeping on!!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 19, 2007 07:51AM

hi doll just saying hello and seeing how all was today!!!!! take care and hope you are doing well!!
talk to you soon
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 09:19AM

hi earthangel, thank you for stopping by! hope you're doing fine, too!

well, tuesday and wednesday, i had large green smoothies for breakfast, cooked vegetables and brown rice for lunch, and then some major cravings + bingeings at night.
i think in theory veg and brown rice is really ok, it's just the amount i always eat. and also, afterwards i get this feeling that my body really doesn't need the rice and cooked veg. it's as if my body says, yeah, it could be worse, but that wasn't really what i needed right now.

yesterday i had:
smoothie of 1 banana, 1 orange, strawberries, 1 pear, coconut water, some cocoa powder
1 banana, some water melon, 1 kiwi, 2 tomato, 1/2 red bell pepper, strawberries
raw miso soup with some tamari, salt, maple syrup
a nuts/dried fruit/spirulina bar
green raw soup of 2 tomatoes, some broccoli, 4 ribs of celery, spinach, fennel, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cashew nut butter
3 nori sheets with some cucumber, 1 carrot, leek, spring onions, tofu, and some japanese pickled cucumber, and tamari, and a little mustard
2 soya desserts (1 vanilla, 1 chocolate)

so, yesterday i felt good about what i ate. i was okay with the tofu because my body really seems to want it sometimes. i know how it's highly processed and mucus-forming and all that, it's just that it's still better than some other things, and when i look at tofu, my body wants it but not in this craving-unhealthy-things way, but in a yes-please-i-need-it way. so i thought, why not. after all, my body has been so 'intelligent' as to stop wanting meat, and eggs mostly, and lately also dairy. so maybe tofu is okay for one more step of transition.
(i think 2 soya desserts is too much, though. there's sugar and starch in there, too. so i should reduce that a bit.)

Date: April 20, 2007 06:50PM

haha hey girl!!! well good for you doing so well and keeping up with your body!! that is awesome...i am sooo happy for you...progress not perfection is right ....slowly get rid of things andwork into it......i wish i would of slowly transitioned sometimes when i crave tofu..or vegan burgers...or coffee...cuz it is like oh i miss them they werne't that bad i should of transitioned them out of my body so i didn't want them anymore haha!!
but oh well...at least you are doig it right and listening to what it wants and needs and what it is going crazy for for nothing haha...
so keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 21, 2007 08:59AM

yes, i just hope i'm doing the right thing about 'listening' to my body. of course i can't be sure my body has really progressed so far as to know what's good for it. but tofu cravings are still better than cheese and wheat cravings, so..
(recently, i've also craved honey. who's ever heard of a honey craving, haha.)

earthangel, i think there are arguments for both transitioning slowly and no transitioning. i'm just back to transitioning because currently i feel unable to go raw 'overnight'. but, you know, obviously you were able to do it! and also to keep it up. so i think you've made the right decision for you.

friday, i had:

smoothie of 2 bananas, 1 pear, strawberries, coconut water, and raw honey
2 bananas, 1 nuts/dried fruit/spirulina bar
some more coconut water
a big green smoothie of 2 small apples, 1 orange, 1 blood orange, parsley, spinach, aloe vera juice
2 nori sheets, 2 tomatoes, a piece of cucumber, some leek and spring onion, tofu, some pickled japanese cucumbers, tamari
1 cacao soya dessert

Date: April 21, 2007 05:12PM

hey there hun....not to bring you down but tofu and other soy prodcuts are considered same lines as cheese as far as your body reacts....which is no fun or i would have no probelm eating a little of it haha...i love tofu and vegan burgers..aww how i miss the days haha....
yeah i guess you are right but most times i feel like i jumped in too soon and didn't transition so i have a struggle...iti s really tough somedays all i want is to have a vegan burger...or a 1/2 cup of raw tofu from the salad bar...but i stay away haha...
you are doing good and fighting off the cooked...keep up the good work and keep on it!! you will get there hun!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 22, 2007 11:16AM

hi earthangel, yes, you're right about the tofu, it's not good for your body of course. i just felt like i felt better eating it than dairy/animal products. maybe i'm not getting enough protein or something, or i am deficient in some other nutrient that contained in tofu? whatever. i've had tofu a couple of days in a row now, and i feel the craving has gotten weaker already. so, it's one of these phases, i hope. i don't think i'll eat tofu today, haha.

saturday's food:

a smoothie of 1 mango, 2 bananas, coconut water, ground vanilla, raw honey
a green smoothie of 1 orange, 1 apple, aloe juice, some celery ribs, a bunch of parsley, a lot of spinach
raw miso soup with a dash of tamari, maple syrup, salt, and three chopped tomatoes in it (strange combination maybe, but wasn't half bad)
a salad of green lettuce, one carrot, 1/2 red onion, with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt
some tofu and 1/3 piece of cucumber sprinkled with chopped leek, pickled cucumber, tamari, salt
1 soya dessert

i stayed up very late, so i got hungry again and craved some white bread. i should just go to bed earlier. would solve some problems, haha.
although i would've felt better not eating the bread of course, it is in a way a reassuring thought for me that mostly i only crave grains any more, instead of meat, dairy and eggs. firstly, because this might mean that this craving will go away in the course of time, too. and secondly, because i feel much more comfortable with myself eating raw food and grains than animal products like i used to.

i've always been a person who puts a lot of salt on food. it's very hard for me to get rid of this habit. although i now use himalayan rock salt or celtic sea salt instead of table salt with iodine, i still can feel that so much salt isn't good for me, especially because i feel it has something to do with my blood pressure and headache. i hope this will get better in time, too. well, i guess i already eat less salt than before.

Date: April 22, 2007 11:22PM

hi hun....well awesome you are doing well...keeping some cravings at bay while dealing with others and getting rid of them as well....sometimes it is our body's mind that is telling you that you are craving something not really the body haha...so be careful of that......it is a detox thing....if you ate tofu and soy products before you will crave them when going raw and detoxing!!!!
i have soy and tofu cravings sometime...vegan burgers were my staple food smiling smiley......well keep up the good work and keep on keeping on!!! the salt thing seems to be going great!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 10:17AM

hi sunshine..how is life?? how is school?? how is you haha.....i hope all is well hun..just writing to see how you were doing and how life was treating..hopefully well or else i will be after it...take care hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:10AM

hey there how are you?? just checking to see how you were doing...i am here for ya for support you know that!!! take care and have a great day!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:08PM

hi love...how are things going?? it is summer time...are you out of school now??? hope all is well with you..sending love and good vibes your way!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 06:40AM

hey sweetie...just wanted to say hello and see how life was treating you and how the raw adventure was going..and how life was?? i hope all is well!! and there havne't been a lot of egg bready things haha but even so i am here for ya!! take care hun
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:47AM

Raspberry we miss you. COme back!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 02:46AM

see how much we all miss you!! come back soon!
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables