Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: *To your health*
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: March 09, 2007 09:01AM

Hi guys!

Made a "real" pina colada last night with a yummy pineapple and a coconut, added some bananas to make it more, but I think I am gonna try making one again tonight only with pineapple and coconut.
I am eating my favourite breakfast smoothie right now, banana mango and orange. Mmmm, I think I am going to do a fruit day today, no nuts or seeds, but just fruits and perhaps some spinach later (for my calcium paranoias).
I think I may have cured my "tea" addiction. You see, I love tea with the fattiest cream I can find, but I saw part of the documentary "Go Further", and they stated that milk has puss and blood in it. That is so revolting that I almost got sick the last time I drank my tea. I don't want another animals puss in my mouth. Ew ew. So, time to replace the tea with something new.

Taylor: Exercising is easier if you incorporate it into your life: For example, start cycling places instead of driving. I am going to cycle to town and back to go for "juice" with a friend. The cycling will take 2.5-3 hours, but it would take 1.15 minutes to use the public transport system anyhow, so I save that time and get a really good cardio workout as well as some fresh air and sun shine.

Start walking home with groceries in your arms instead of putting them in the back of a car and driving, etc.

I swear, I would be even fatter than my before picture if I had a licence and drove everywhere. :p

When you walk, try to walk as fast as you can. Even if you only walk what feels to be a little bit faster, you burn significantly more calories. It also improves your circulation.

Hmmm, I don't think it is a good idea to not eat all day though and then just have a potluck dinner. At least have some green juice in the morning to give your body the vitamins it needs without a lot of added calories. You know best what makes your body feel good. smiling smiley

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
I know I will smiling smiley
xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 10, 2007 11:33AM

Hej guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I am so full of pina coladas, I think I am gonna @#$%& a pineapple. I also made a coconut-banana-strawberry smoothie this morning for breakfast, which was really really nice.

Time for me to go to the shops and get some groceries this week, but I am not quite sure what I am going to buy. I was thinking of having a fruitarian week, but... I know my soft spot for vegan chocolate, and I have ALL those bars sitting in my cupboard, so maybe that is a bit idealistic. Or maybe not. I mean, I can always try!

Some questions though:
Is a coconut actually a nut? Or a fruit?
Do fruitarians eat green leafies?
What is a fruitarian? No nuts or salad, just fruits and juices?

Well, I'd best be making my shopping list now.
Much love to you all!
xxpeisi

Date: March 10, 2007 03:01PM

Hej Peisi - a coconut is a fruit, one of the few fruits (like olives and avocadoes) that is a fat, although nuts can be considered fruits. There are lots of different types of fruitarian. You can be a fruitarian who eats nothing but fruit - that is, nothing that kills a plant - so that means fruit, vegetable fruits like tomatoes, and nuts, basically. You can be a fruitarian who eats only juicy sweet fruit - no nuts, no vegetable fruits, no fatty fruits. Most people today who say they are fruitarian include leafy greens or algae or seaweed or green juices for their minerals. They also include, often, a little bit of nuts and/or avocado.

Really, it can mean whatever someone wants it to mean. There is a site that promotes fruitarianism using cooked beans and tomato sauce - that is very weird and not what most people mean by it! You would ask yourself what about fruitarianism interests you and attracts you - lightness? Ahimsa? Low toxicity? Water content? Ease of digestion?

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 10, 2007 10:05PM

hi good luck to you if youa re trying the fruitarian diet this week....like megan said it is really whatever you make of it.many people do different things in different ways and still call themselves fruitarian...it is more what your body feels.....that is the main thing i have learned here that you need to do what your body is craving and how your body feels...it will tell you what it wants..if you eat all fruits for a day and the next day continue eating all fruits then that is something your body needs...if you for some reason crave a big salad that might be something your body needs...
keep up the good work and i look forward to seeig how you your week goes...
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 11, 2007 03:01AM

Dear peisi-i think that is cool and i understand so much.with me-the raw veggies just bunch up in my tummy and sit there. it takes forever to work its way thru my system.fruit is so easy on my tummy.but i am trying to loose weight...so maybe for now some veggies are a bit better for me at this point in time.well- do the 10,000 steps exercise program. it is 5 miles daily.i try to do that.whe it is too rainy-i put in the dvd and walk 3 miles to a power walking dvd.it is pretty fun.i also have been parking far away from where i need to go...like say i want to shop.i park as far as i can to get exercise in.u sound like u do wonderful.hugs and have a wonderful weekend.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 11, 2007 08:53AM

Hey Stockholm Syndrome- are you from stockholm?
Thanks for the coconut info as well smiling smiley

Sachelle- day 2, and I have already eaten veggies and raw chocolate. Although, I didn't have my usual tea. I think it must be summer soon! I think my goal with the fruitarian bit was to cut down on the nuts. i tend to eat them like mad, seeds as well. I ate a whole coconut yesterday and so much fruit, I could get diabetes, and I didn't gain a single kilo!! If I would have eaten nuts at the same pace, or pumpkin seeds, I would have to let the belt out a knotch or so. winking smiley

Taylor- sounds like you get a lot of exercising! I wish I had a treadmill at home, so I could walk while watching tv or so, but then again- if I am much more physically active, I will probably collapse. I don't want to wear my body out too much. smiling smiley I notice that at least 3 hours of every day I spend exercising, and 2 hours taking care of my body in some way- washing my hair takes forever because of the length, I am a lotion junkie, and I use it instead of make-up. Also, massage and my toe nails. It is a lot of time, I think, but I don't know how to make it less. When I have children, I have no idea how I will be able to keep up with all the other things I do!!

Well, I hope you all are doing well!
I am going to cycle into town now and buy *another* pair of pants. smiling smiley I kind of like this motivation: cycle for 2 hours to get in and out of town, and reward yourself with new pants each time!

I will take a photo of these ones and show you. I like them a lot.

MUCH LOVE!!
Pineapple-lover and runner for life!!-
xxpeisi

Date: March 12, 2007 10:11AM

hi there...sounds like you are still doing great...hmm that is a good goal to stick away from something ou know you overdue....i don't do nuts or seeds except for rare occasions...a dip at the monthly raw potluck ahha....that is usually about it...but that is awesome you can eat like that and not gain and you know what you can and can't have...good control....yeah that is true about having a treadmill at home....my boss has a bike and treadmill at her house and whlie i did overnights i would watch tv int here and ride the bike instead of on the couch i want a piece of exercise equipment so much for my room but i would defintely overdue it...
ahh at least we are doing exercise you know smiling smiley
well keep up the good work and congrats on getting new pants enjoy
love sachelle
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 14, 2007 01:09PM

boy-u gals and talking of choclate and fudge -i just got done reading starfruits journel and fudge and all this good stuff. i think i may make some. i love carob.always have.it is expensive i tell u.the psyllium powder i got was 13$ a pound. of course i only got a tiny bit.but i am hungry for chocolate.have a wonderful day peisi! i love your reward system.i finally bought a pr of jeans and i had not worn jeans for so long.i wore old lady stretchy pants.i finally broke down and in feb.bought a pr of size 18 jeans.they are already gonna fall off of me.they are soo loose.i bought size 16 and size 14 and size 12 all on sale.i tried on a new skirt i bought and it was a 20-it is too loose. i will have to sew it somehow to fit. i love your reward system.lol.good idea.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 16, 2007 06:27AM

hi there...how is my raw food cyclist buddy??? just stopping by to see how things were going...keep us posted
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 18, 2007 09:00AM

Hey guys!!
Mmm, not too much new happening lately.
Chocolate update: I waited a week for the refund, and when it didn't come, I emailed again asking about it and they put it on my account. Interesting story here though: I am buying from a new company, and do you know how much their shipping was? 2 pounds or something, almost nothing. I am trying from funky rob's shop.

Mmmm, been working a lot and I have my last exam on friday. I am so unmotivated too study because the summer sun is starting to come out. Afterwards, I will only work until July, and then I am going to Canada for a month. smiling smiley

I took the book "Raw" by Julianno out from the library, and I am gonna try a few of his recipes this week. I will let you guys know if I get a good one.

Breakfast time!! Mmmm, pina colada sans bacardi is turning into a fav. of mine!!

Much love,
xxpeisi

Date: March 18, 2007 10:08AM

HEy girl you are doing great...keep up the awesome work....yeah i have that book and it is absolutely beautiful and colorful but there are a lot of ingredients haha i don't think i have ever had one receipe full of ingredients at one time lol....but let us know for sure then maye i will go out specially for it haha....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 19, 2007 06:36PM

had a great day today!
Decided to try a recipe from Julianno's book, RAW
It is called "Refried Rice", and the ingredients are as follows:
I cup bell pepper, chopped
I cup sliced carrots
½ cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup red beets, julienne
¼ cup purple cabbage, sliced thin
½ cup peas
½ cup yam
1 cup water chestnuts, peeled and chopped
1 cup sprouted brown rice(9 hours before each rinse, 3-5 days)
1 tablespoon each of minced garlic and ginger
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
¼ cup nama shoyu (I used soya sauce)
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons grated orange rind

Combine all ingredients except orange rind, mix and sprinkle rind on top.

I am munching on it now, and it is delish. I don't really like ginger though, never have, so I think I will skip it the next time I make this. Otherwise, I give this dish an 8 out of 10. It was nice to be able to use up some raw rice I had in my cupboard. I think it is great that rice doesn't need to be cooked to be eaten. smiling smiley

What else... I had 2 cappucinos today (eeek) with my brother who just got back from thailand. I love/missed him so much and I celebrated with coffee. Ah well. I will post a pic of him to show you all. He is gorgeous inside and out, and definately one of the greatest people I know:

*heart*

Mmmm, I went running today and added some new machines to my weight training... Other than that, not much else is new. Tomorrow I shall study (cram) as my final chemistry exam is on friday!! I haven't even opened my book yet, so... I better get cracking.

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well!!
kiss kiss
tah dahlings

xxpeisi

Date: March 19, 2007 07:24PM

Hi there....wow what a receipe that sounds good...i might pull that book out and see it......i like to see the pics haha...but sometimes i don't make the things cuz there is a lot of ingredients.....haha....i like to keep it simpler...and when i like a raw gourmet treat i go to rancho's and buy it lol.....oh well 2 cappucino's not too bad it was your weekly treat...i love coffee i wish i could have some haha..i do miss coffee a lot but i am making it okay don't worry haha.....YOu're right your brother is beautiful and glowing does he do raw?? he looks amazing as well as you!!!
well keep up the good work and good luck on the studying..
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 20, 2007 06:51AM

No, he is not raw. He eats lots of thai food. But I love him lots no matter if he eats bugs and worms. smiling smiley

Today I had:
Banana, cup of frozen strawberries, a big piece of coconut meat for my breakfast smoothie. MMMmmmmm it was so creamy and good, I am definately gonna make that one more often!

But now I must study. 3 days left until my exam! Eeep!!

Date: March 20, 2007 04:46PM

Just a quick update:
Made this soup and it is really really good! This definately goes on my "eat more regularly" list. I <3 curry. smiling smiley

Butternut squash soup (4 servings)
3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chop
1 mango, cubed
2 teaspoons curry
4 cups orange juice
½ cup honey or date
For Garnish: sliced plantains or bananas, ½ cup chopped mint, a pinch of minced jalapeno, 1 mango, seeded, peeled and diced.

In a blender, combine the butternut squash, mango, curry, orange juice, and honey or dates and blend until creamy. Garnish with plantain or banana slices, mint, jalapeno, and mango. Serve immediately after blending.

I made mine with twice the curry and no mint or plantains. Yummy yummy!!

Date: March 20, 2007 06:51PM

Hi there good job that sounds very interesting that soup smiling smiley....hmm the smoothie sounds yummy....aww your bro is adorable.....yeah i just asked because he had a glow about him in the first pic maybe because it was radiating off of you smiling smiley.....but that is awesome you got to see him and spend time with him....and you are still doing amazing!!! keep up the good work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:45AM

Mmmm yum i want to try that. Cute cute pics btw

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 21, 2007 05:04PM

piesi -
I've been reading your posts and not saying anything. Just want to say you are so inspiring! I love your recipes and photos and wow! what a transformation. I can't wait to see what the rawlife has in store for me.
You're great girl!
love,
oneSource

Date: March 21, 2007 06:09PM

Hey girl just wanted to say hello and hope all is well!!!!
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxox

Date: March 21, 2007 08:10PM

Onesource- Awww that is so sweet of you to say! Thanks! I am gonna look at your story once I am finished posting smiling smiley

Sachelle- *hugs* thanks! Everything is going pretty good. I have an exam on friday that I am sort of stressing, but if I study all that I hope to tomorrow, I should pass it. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Alright, so today for my dinner, I tried Juliano's "Raw Creamy Coleslaw", and while it wasn't one of my favourites so far, it was still pretty good. I used way less cashews than in the recipe though.

Creamy Coleslaw (Serves 2)
2 cups shredded cabbage
¼ cup shredded onion
1 cup shredded carrot
1 recipe of Mayo #2 (makes 2.5 cups)

Mayo #2
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups cashews
3 stalks celery
½ cup chopped bell pepper
¼ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons each of minced parsley and thyme
¼ cup chopped tomato
1 tablespoon minced garlic
-combine in a blender until creamy. Keeps for 3 days in the fridge

Combine the veggies with the mayo, mix and serve

smiling smiley
Well, back to studying.
Have a good raw wednesday everyone!!

xxpeisi

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:06PM

Peisi,

Am loving seeing the recipes you're posting, your breakfast smoothies. Thanks!

Date: March 22, 2007 08:38AM

Hey girl....good job today...yeah i tried the creamy coleslaw and not one of my favorite...i trid it from the raw place by my house it wasn't good...hmm probably the ingredients and themix of them...since your receipe and theirs wasn't so good haha
good luck on the test...i had a big one today
love sachelle
xoxoxoxox

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 24, 2007 07:52PM

gotta try that refried rice thing.
Last time i was raw rice was my downfall "just a little bit won't hurt" I would say. ... ugg grains.
right now I'm soaking rye berries to sprout for Essene bread.
keep up the good work piesi and everyone!
Love,
oneSource

Date: March 24, 2007 09:21PM

Hey guys!!

Just want to post about how mortified I am!
I saw the movie "Junk Food Nation" and I feel like I am going to throw up.
After seeing this film, I don't know how I can shop or consume animal products with a clear conscience.

Honey is perhaps the only exception...

But no more leather products, milk or cream, eggs or egg product, make up tested on animals, and the like. I just can't contribute to a market that causes so much worldly damage, animal (and human) suffering, all to make a maxximum profit.
Never thought I would be such an "activist", but... It is hard not to be when you see what they do to these animals. If more people living in the modern society went to these butcheries, I bet vegetarianism would be much more popular.

I feel ill.
You know that there is a fecal content in all forms of meat, even frozen chicken? This is because it is very difficult to remove the intestines of an animal without leaking fecal matter over the meat. The industries solution: cooking it!

Am I the only one totally grossed out?
:x
Anyhow, take care everyone,
xxpeisi

Date: March 25, 2007 06:12AM

haha yeah that was quite the book.....if i am thinking of the same thing...yeah it is crazy and different....some people wll still eat those things and to each their own you know?? but me i don't see any reason to eat that stuff and glad i have found raw and know that everything is completely vegan and raw...that is a relief before you didn't really know it claimed vegan but you couldn't be for sure...of course there are extremists who say that there is bugs and fecal matter from bugs on veggies and some fruits so you aren't technically vegan haha but oh well enough is enough you arne't meaning to eat the bug or whatever so haha...anyways glad you got encouraged to stick to raw by this powerful movie
keep up the good work
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 25, 2007 05:41PM

Sachelle- I know there is bug and nematode cysts and bacteria everywhere, but... I would rather not have a very concentrated and large amount of feces in my food. Ew ew ew.... At least fruits and veg i can scrub.

I bought some nori paper in the end, anyway, and I made some really yummy sushi!! This stuff is so filling:

Ingredients I used:
Nori Paper
Portabello Mushrooms, diced and marinated in soya sauce (nama shoyu)
Cucumbers, sliced
Carrots, sliced
Red Beets,sliced
Avocado- mashed and spread on the nori paper

Mmmm, I can see having this once a week or so. smiling smiley
I have decided to try making the switch from tea, cream and honey to soy milk. I want to try some that is fortified with vitamin B12. This way, I hope I can avoid supplements. I am not a fan of soy, but... You guys think a glass a day would hurt?

Alright, well I am off to enjoy the rest of the day. I got my raw white chocolate from funky rob, and I think I am gonna buy from his company from now on.

Bye bye!! smiling smiley
xxpeisi

Date: March 25, 2007 05:46PM

HI there...haha i know i am not really into fecal matter at all haha...but oh well....hmm they say soy is bad for you causing mucus and what not like dairy products i know most people shy away from it...but i guess it is better then cow's milk or creamer?? i don't know i hate to tell you ask the forum board cuz sometimes they are so hurtful in a way answereing your question...i think if it feels good do it...if your body agrees with it and is okay then go for an ddrink a glass a day!!! you are your own person and you have to make raw work for you you know?
anyways good luck hun...glad you got your raw chocolate and enjoy it so much!! he seems awesome when talking to him on here...
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: March 27, 2007 05:48PM

Hey guys!!

Made the switch to a "milk replacement drink". It is a "milk" made with raw oats, cacao and vitamin B12/B1/B2 and calcium supplementation! It is so perfect for my needs, I think, as these are the vitamins/minerals I am usually a bit short on.

Anyway, for dinner tonight, I made Julianno's "Strawberry Romanov".
Slice lots of strawberries, and layer them in a glass with some "whip cream"

Whip cream Recipe:
1.5 cup walnuts and/or cashews
2-3 dates
1/3 cup orange juice (or more for consistancy of cream)
water if desired (for consistancy)

Mix in a blender and turn with a spoon between blendings until it reaches a whip-cream consistancy. This stuff is very very VERY good. Mmmm smiling smiley I almost feel guilty eating this as a meal, but I went and ate some fresh parley and sundried tomatoes as well to get some "veg" in there. But it was really good. I am definately gonna make this one again.

Well, I have an early morning tomorrow. I am working on an island outside of the city as a mailman to take over for a week for someone who is sick. It takes me 1.5 hours to get to work, but there is nothing like working on an island with lots of ocean view in the summertime. smiling smiley

xxPeisi

Date: March 27, 2007 07:38PM

There you are...and shining just as bright as usual!!!! wow that strawberr dinner/dessert sounds so yummy....i know sometimes i feel guilty eating something raw because it tastes so yummy haha...
well keep up the good work hun...wow working on an island sounds amazing!! your right nothing like the beautiful ocean view!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 28, 2007 05:11PM

Sachelle- my opinion about working on the island changed today.
10 hours straight of work.
I am totally wiped.
This is the first time I have been exhausted in a long time. Too tired to make dinner. Just cut up leftover cabbage (green and purple) and threw it n a bowl with some lemon juice, nama shoyu and pumpkin seeds. I have some grapes in the fridge as well. I was thinking about making a "raw carrot cake" but I deno if I have the energy for it tonight. I will try to though, and tell you how it works out!

People at my work officially think I am the "weird vegan girl". It isn't bad enough that I am foreign... lol

Well, back to cleaning my apartment. I would kill for 5 minutes to myself right now, but sadly, I am totally rushed.

Take care,
much love,
xxpeisi

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables