Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: *To your health*
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 28, 2007 06:58PM

Hey there hun....well don't worry i am the weird raw girl in almost any place i go or do....even my girls that i watch during the week and all my friends talk about it and think it is weird and strange i sometimes want to scream really we will see in 5 years huh?? haha oh well we know how amazing we are doing and what gret things raw does to our body, minds and spirits you know so don't worry...we can be the weird raw vegan sisters smiling smiley aww take a break tonight...relax and make the cake tomorrow!!! take some time for yourself only you can make it!!!!
well get some rest and take care of yourself
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
P.s. where are you originally from?? you said you were foreign so areyou living in a different country then you are from or born?
that is cool!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:47PM

Hey!!

I am originally from Canada. smiling smiley

Today, at work, a priest (of all people) critisized my vegan diet. (he doesn't know I am raw, he would have probably made a lot of jokes about me then.)
He remarked that I didn't eat "real" food. He didn't understand how I could run around as a mailman only eating "rabbit food".

Isn't it strange to hear this from a preist, who pushes the notion of "thou shalt not kill"? I just smiled and continued to eat my bunny chow. I never argue with people who have a problem with the way I eat, and I never explain myself or apoligise.

I am glad it is a weekend now!! Time to go party!!
*hugs*
xxpeisi

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:57PM

Hey girlie!!! haha yeah i don't bother with it anymore much either....everyone is going to put in ther 2 cents about what you are doing.....but they just want to put you down cuz they aren't doing it or making themselves better.....you are doing amazing and don't worry we are out here eating bunny food too!!! we are all little bunnies and hamsters!!! well have a wonderful weekend...ignore the priest..hmm him of all people...that is like the animal activist from Peta saying your a freak eating raw lol..
anyways girl take care and party it up!
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

in case you didn't read my journal i swithced my sign in name so that others who werne't part of this group couldn't look up my name on google and read about my food issues and ED's it isn't something iw ant to scream out youknow?
love ya

Date: April 01, 2007 06:53PM

I just finished having the most divine guilt-free raw carrot cake. Wow... That is all I can say. Wow.

Carrot Cake: (serves 2)
2 cups dates, pitted and soaked 2 hours
3 cups grated carrot
2 cups coconut meat
¼ cup ginger
¾ cups organic raisins, soaked a few minutes and drained
2 cups raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
.5 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups “whipped cream” (2 cups walnuts or cashews, soaked, 0.5 cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons dates, some almond extract, blend until fluffy and smooth, add water if it is too thick.)
1 recipe fast cake crust (2 cups raw almonds and 2 cups dates, ground and blend)

Orange glaze: blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon orange rind, 1 tablespoon lemon rind, ½ cup dates, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons cashew butter

Blend the coconut, dates and ginger adding some orange juice if necessary, or do as I: Blend the coconut and then jUst use a fork and mix it with the other ingredients until it is mush smiling smiley. Then add this mix to a mixing bowl with the grated carrot, raisins, walnuts and spices. This is the "cake batter".

Press ground almonds mixed with dates in a pie plate as a crust. Then put the moist batter on top. Finnaly, add the "whip topping" and "orange glaze" if desired. I made mine only with the whip cream, but I think the cake would be fine even without it. The whip cream should be a quarter the height of the cake, with drizzled glaze on top.

This was so amazingly filling, I could hardly believe it. The book says this recipe is for 2, but I would say more like 8. Even if you eat it as a main course, the nuts make this very very heavy.

I give it 5 stars out of five. Try it.

I also made some raw pesto on top of a zucchini and portabello salad with green olives, tomatoes and onions. I was so impressed with the pesto's taste. It tasted exactly like the pesto I used to buy at the shops!

I also bought some really cute lolita style high heel pumps for almost nothing, and a cute little frech school girl dress. I love spring when I can bring out all my cute little dresses! smiling smiley

Hope you all had a nice raw weekend!
I am going to make this cake for a friend's moving in party next week, and I am sure it will be a hit.

and sachelle- you shouldn't be embarrased about your eating disorder history. Everyone has their form of self destruction. People with eating disorders choose to regulate their feelings with food, like heroinists with drugs, alcoholics with beer, workaholics with work, etc...
I hope raw is helping you heal.

much love,
xxpeisi

Date: April 01, 2007 08:42PM

hey girl wow that was so sweet of you to say it made me cry....i still don't know how i feel about though but i am trying not to worry about it.....i have more then one way of self destruction though so i am dealing with both of them...right now it is going well and i am healing i think...sometimes i still feel like i am eating too much on raw....the other day i went off raw and had 2 vegan burgers and some falafel...it was all vegan but still i gained weight from it...and then i went right back into raw like i should and didn't lose...but yesterday i let myself eat anything that was raw....i didn't say no more food or that is too much salad and stuff i normally do....and i have lost some weight and i feel good about it...so i am going to try to stick with this thought..eat what i want as long as it is raw and not try to limit to one cup of zucchini if i want 4 peeled and cored zucchini then i am going to let myself...hmm we will see how it goes!!!
hmm that carrot cake sounds so yummy!! good luck with the house warming party i bet they will love it too!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 02, 2007 08:39PM

dearest peisi-u are doing so wonderful.i read all the recipes u put in here.so fun! i have his book too.i need to do some. i am keeping things easy right now.trying to stay out of the kitchen and not tamper with food.cause i ate some potatoe salad(un raw) on my b.d. i had to taste to see what i was feeding everyone.anyway-i love your pictures too. u would be a welcome at our church. they are alot mostly vegans and vegetarians and raw foodist.i wanted to get that book and see the movie. i did not want to ge too grossed out. but i will read it.the fast food nation book. well take care-hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: April 04, 2007 09:55AM

Hey dearie...just wanted to stop by and say hello and see how you were doing....hope all is well with yoU!!! i am still up haha can't sleep!!
hmm want to run in circles.....
well girlie take care and keep on keeping on i am sure you are doing amazing as usual!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 06, 2007 09:08AM

Hey guys!
Just got the results of my last exam, and I passed!!

I am doing pretty well, but I have been working a lot and it seems that when I get home, all I can do is sit on the couch with a bowl of grapes and fall asleep while watching tv. I feel like a middle-aged man, but with grapes instead of beer, haha!

yesterday, I worked for 7 hours outside delivering mail, so my shift was almost 11 hours long. I am a bit annoyed with my boss because he is giving me more and more work, and while the overtime pay is nice, it is starting to take away from my quality of life outside from work. I am going to make sure that they don't give me so much to deliver every day anymore. 8 hour shiifts are fine... 11 hour shifts (plus the 1.5 hour bike ride to and from work) is becoming too consuming.

Well, I have to check on my laundry. I will post some new recipes later today or during the weekend!!
Much love,
xxPeisi

Date: April 06, 2007 11:03AM

Dear Peisi-u sound so busy.u are right though-the quality of living thing is important.not burdened down with tons of work.take care busy gal!hugs taylor

Date: April 07, 2007 05:23AM

hey there girlie...good for you stick up for yourself!!! tell him you can't do all those hours..power to ya!!!
keep up the good work though you are always doing great..hmm i love frozen grapes they are a fun snack sometimes on a hot summer day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 08, 2007 11:56PM

Hey guys!
Had a wonderful zombie jesus weekend with family and friends! It was really great and I am in such a good mood! Spent most of the weekend with my bro, and he is one of my favourite people to spend time with!!

Made a really gross smoothie... I didn't have any bananas, and the shops were all closed on account of jesus dying, so I made:
strawberry, coconut, dates in a smoothie.
blehk... tasted like the flavouring they put in medicine. Oh well, I had a really nice dinner with lots of ruccola and cherry tomatoes, with icelandic salad seasonings that were so yummy!!

Here is a pic of me and my bro, kinda blurry:

Hope you all had a good relaxing easter too!!
xxpeisi

Date: April 09, 2007 12:03AM

hi there happy easter dear peisi!!! sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! so happy for you...yeah things were close around her on account of Jesus dying as well smiling smiley....but it was good relaxing and restful....it wasn't too sunny here so that was a bummer but oh well....take care and we will tlak to you soon!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

Date: April 12, 2007 06:00AM

Hi there darlin...how are things going for you...haven't heard from you in a few days and was worried your boss was working you to death...ccome back to us...tell him no haha...well i hope that you are well and doing great with everything!! take care
miss ya
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 12, 2007 06:53PM

Hey sachelle! Yes, I have been working hard and going out a lot with my friends. I made some raw lasagna in front of my neighbour and she thinks I have totally lost it.

"Lasagna? But.. It has no meat? And... It has no noodles!!!"
"I never understood why vegans say meat disgusts them, but then they eat food that is supposed to mimick how meat tastes"
"That looks like dog food"

The comments didn't stop coming, but I don't think it looks at all like dog food, and I have photos to prove it!

First the recipe and instructions:
Marinated veggies (make the day before you plan on eating the lasagna)
1/2 small onion sliced really thin
1 red bell pepper sliced really thin
1 yellow bell pepper sliced really thin
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. lemon juice

How to: Combine the onion and the bell pepper in a bowl with the oil, lemon juice and salt and let marinate for 16hrs in the fridge.

Herb Ricotta Cheese (make this the day before)
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup mac nuts
2 tbs. pine nuts
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh basil, dill, oregano, parsley, etc..
1 cup and 2 tbs. of water, or less

How to: Combine everything in a food processor and process till smooth. Add more water to give it a ricotta cheeze consistency, add less water if too watery. When smooth, put into a glass bowl, cover it with a moist terry cloth towel and set it out for 6 hrs. at room temp. After 6 hrs. keep it refrigerated till ready to use.

Mushroom layer (make 2 hours prior for marinating)
3-4 cups mushrooms (sliced)
3 tbs. or more of raw soy sauce or 1 tbs. miso and 2 tbs. water
2 tbs. olive oil

How to: Marinate mushrooms in the soy sauce for 2 hours. Drain and set aside.

Tomato Sauce (make immediately before preparing lasagna)
2 cups sun dried tomatoes soaked for 6 hrs.
7 roma tomatoes
4 garlic gloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbs. red or yellow onion
3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. dried basil
1-2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tbs. agave nectar or 3 pitted dates

How to: Blend everything together till smooth. Set aside.

Noodle sheets
4 zucchini
How to: Cut the zucchini on a mandolin into into wide, paper-thin slices. Set aside.

Garnishes and Extra Ingredients
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup chopped drained raw olives
1/2 cup fresh basil

Making the lasagna:
Put thin slices of the zucchini on the bottom of a glass lasagna pan. Top this layer with a thin layer of the ricotta cheese, top the cheese layer with a layer of mushrooms, then again the zucchini, top that layer with the tomato sauce, top the tomato sauce layer with a layer of the sliced onions, red and yellow peppers, top that with a layer of more zucchini slices, layer on top of that with more ricotta cheese, then top it with a layer of the spinach leaves, top that with mushrooms, and then some marinated sliced onions, red and yellow peppers, then again with the zucchini and then top the whole thing with the tomato sauce and garnish the top with chopped olives and fresh basil leaves. Now, cover (plastic wrap) the lasagna and place it into the fridge to set up, about 3-5 hours.

You might want to leave a little bit of empty space on your lasagna dish so that you can check how much water is pooling at the bottom and drain it occaisionally. That is what I did anyway, because I didn't want lasagna soup smiling smiley

That's it! You can add marinated eggplant as one of the layers, or your favorite veggie. You can cut a piece and put it into the dehydrator so it will get warm and then serve it (I don't own or use dehydrators so I can't recommend this).

Looks really good eh? The pics are bad quality because I took them with my mobile phone...
Mmmm *grabs another piece*
It is very tasty!!

xxpeisi

Date: April 13, 2007 05:27AM

hey there....well i am glad you have been busy with friends and fun!! and that your boss isn't working you to death!!! your neighbor wasn't being very nice how mean....hmm oh well just another day and life of being a raw vegan huh?/ haha...oh yay you and yay me i don't do the dehydrating thing either...don't use one or own one and don't eat the things out of it...like to keep it simple and yummy!!!!
hmm that looks yummy....i saw an awesome raw lasagna receipe in a new book raw in under 10 minutes and it was awesome looking i want to try that bad!!!! well keep up the awesome work hun! you are doing great and your food looks yummO
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 13, 2007 05:32AM

that looks and sounds so good. good and wonderful job.people can be ignorant and close minded but peisi-u have the look of health and gf!! no body can say anything negative unless they are goofy.u are healthy and beautiful and alive and so who needs the neighbor?u do wonderful.and i wish i had some of your dinner there-it look s so deliteful.taylor

Date: April 13, 2007 05:34AM

right on taylor agreed smiling smiley
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 15, 2007 10:59AM

Banana-fasting

Today marks the beginning of my banana fast. I sat outside in the sun for nearly an entire day to deliberate whether I should choose bananas, grapes, oranges or pineapple, and I think I made the right choice for my first mono-eating experience ever!

Naners.
I chose them because they are not highly acidic like oranges or pineapples (while pineapple is my favourite fruit, I think it would hurt the lining of my mouth to eat just pineapple for 7 days). Eating more than 2 oranges a day makes my stomach feel odd and it seems to make me hungry as well. Grapes are very high glucose and while I love them, I just can't see myself eating only grapes for 7 days in the near future.

So naners it is!!
I feel great about the decision so far, and still have lots of energy! I haven't reached a wall in the fast yet, granted it has only been a half day. :p

I'll update daily and talk about my state of mind throughout the fast and anything I have realized or come to during this experience!

Tips I have gotten: Choose bananas as ripe and spotted as possible to avoid constipation. Mash them if necessary. You may need to drink water as the bananas may dry the mouth.

My personal choice is to aim for 10 6-7 inch bananas per day. If I want more, I will have more. If I want less, well... I won't have less probably.

I hope that what comes of this is some relaxation for my liver. Bananas are low in fat and proteins so this could be a great cleanse for my liver and kidneys! I also am looking to help curb my "addiction" to vegan oreos. I haven't had them in years, but they began stocking them in Sweden, I bought them once last week, and I can't stop craving them. Bananas cured my pastry addiction and I am hoping that they will help me with my oreo cravings as well. smiling smiley

Much love to everyone who is reading about my journey,
and any input is greatly appreciated, always!!
xxPeisi

Date: April 15, 2007 10:05PM

hey peisi girl!!! well congrats.....i knew you would make the right decision which is listening to your own body and getting your own thoughts on banana's and fasting with our advice...i am sorry that there were some negative comments...i got really upset....i get al ittle defensive of my friends when someone attacks their ideas or questions...sorry smiling smiley......but she just wasn't too nice about it....yay you for doing something awesome for your body and taking control over the oreo cravings!!!
congrats hun can't wait to see your awesome journey on this
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 16, 2007 12:06AM

OMG girl i just went to the banana fast post and didn't realize what had broke out on there haha...i am sorry you are such a dear person to stick up for me...that is so funny wheni posted on here earlier i had no idea it had elevated or continued i hadn't checked it since i posted...hmm but i felt bad for adding that on you post and then i saw that you stuck up for me too how sweet!!! i know it is rough sometimes people say things in a negative way andm aybe i do it sometimes too which is why i included myself when i posted there about it....smiling smiley you are a dear!! i hope to one day be able to comeand visit you or vice versa how fun is that!!!!

well lets see...wow detox already from the fast that is good maybe it will go fast and you will feel okay for work...i think bryanh as a point that to end the fast so soon might ruin the wonderful detox you will get....although the pain at work is no fun either...hmm a stumper haha....well i wish you well with either choice cuz i can see your point on either side...sometimes i worry when changing something up abou the intense detox and what i have to do the next few days and what not...but it hink it is amazing the way you are stepping up and getting rid of that craving before it gets too bad!!! good for you!! yay you!!!
well keep up your awesome work and let me know how it goes!!! i thank you again so much for the support and positive feedback from you allthe time!! you are super...keep up your great work!
love always
earthangel

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: April 16, 2007 01:00AM

Hi peisinoe, i am new to the forum and just read through your journal. wow- what a transformation! it is amazing to think that there was such a beautiful person just dying to break free all that time. it's wonderful that you found raw foodism and you now know what works best for your health! you are so beautiful and glowing, and an inspiration to me as i begin my raw foods journey!

also, thanks for posting so many delicious recipes! the lasagna looks sooo good, and the whipped cream and strawberries- yum! i can't wait to try some of this stuff. i find that food is tasting better since i started eating raw- i am really tasting all the different flavors and textures. i guess fresh, live food is just yummier!

anyway have a good one, hope the banana fast works out for you!

Date: April 16, 2007 01:05AM

isn't she amazing meow???i love this gal!!! she rawks!!!
love earth angel
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 02:47PM

meow and earthangel,
thanks so much for the compliments!
You two sure know how to make a girl blush!! grinning smiley

So for those who didn't read on the other forum, I quit my banana fast after one day because it made me so violently ill. Either that many bananas isn't for me, or I have a lot to detox... Either way, the detox was too much and I do not believe it was in my best interest to continue.

I think I am gonna make some more lasagna tonight or tomorrow!! I just ate loads of pumpkin seeds! They are so yummy!

Hope you all are doing well!
xxpeisi

Date: April 16, 2007 05:51PM

Hi there hun....well good for you listening to your body and giving it what it wants!! yay you!! that is awesome....hmm i would love to make a yummy lasagna tonight maybe i will too...but usually i am starving if i get home an dwant to eat something so i just grap some veggies and eat haha....i don't ever take the time...but i found an awesome receipe that is a spanish style lasagna that takes under 10 minutes to make all together!! so i might try that out haha...i need to get some raw olives to make it look so pretty!!!
have a fabulous day hun!
love ya
earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 07:50PM

hi there love...well i just read your little thing inthe honey bee and it was soo cute!! yeah i think you are right....oh and i also saw that you have only one kidney and that it is damaged...i hope i am not getting to personal if i am then i am sorry and please disregard this.......but what foods did you find work well with you when you first went raw with the kidney function??? i have both kidneys but a lot of damage from my diabetes on them both and was taking meds to help with toxin buildup in the body and helping pass them...i am starting to think one of the reasons i am not seeing as great of results is becuse my body has trouble getting rid of the toxins with my kidneys so they are being reabsorbed....i started a liver detox today from health force nutritionals...it is raw vegan product and i know my liver needs help too...but i am wondering what you think about the kidney thing?? cuz i have cushings disease that also has to do with adrenals and coritsol and what not...but anyways...i was excited to see this post sinc ei thought maybe you could relate some and offer some much needed wonderful loving advice!!! any tips or suggestions please feel free to leave me!!
love ya
earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 07:50AM

hey gal just checking in on you!! hope all is well...you are always doing something great so i am sure you are!! but know i am thinking of you and miss ya these past few days!!!! take care hun!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 06:13PM

Hey earthangel!
Been very busy this week and haven't checked my journal much...
MMMmmm,
I like low protein foods because high protein ones hurt my kidney.Also, lots of berries make me feel better. I think fats make me fatigued...

Berries, salads and zucchini make me feel really good though. smiling smiley

xxpeisi

Date: April 20, 2007 06:15PM

HI there thanks for letting me know..i love zucchini haha maybe that is why i have craved it so much lately...i just bought like 8 pounds haha...and a couple weeks ago i went through lik a few zucchini a day haha....
take care hun and make sure you take the time for yourself don't overwork yourself...
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 04:59AM

hi i miss you and hope all is well
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 10:14AM

hi hun...how are things going?? i hope all is well in your world..i ams ure it is...how is work??? i hope they aren't working ya too hard!!!! any new clothes or shopping lately?? like riding your bike for some pants...that ist he best!!!!
well take care and hope to talk with you soon!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables