Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to go 100%
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 05, 2007 11:46PM

I want so badly to be 100% raw, but I keep failing. I made it 10 days earlier this month and was feeling great and losing inches, but then my husband ordered a pizza and I've been about 60% raw since then. I can already feel a difference (this is day 4 of cooked). My stomach is swollen by the end of the day, my daily headaches are back, and I feel sluggish. I'm hoping posting this will give me the strength and guidance I need to try again. I feel like a failure, and I really want (and need) to succeed.

I think any advice or just emotional support would be great right now. I know this is my first post and I hate to be so needy about it, but from reading some of the forums it seems like the people here are so strong and have possibly gone through what I'm going through right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to go 100%
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 06, 2007 07:40AM

Hi there Tree...i just want to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on trying so hard to stick with raw......girl many people on this site only eat a % of cooked food....but 60% is better then 50 or none...that is awesome!!! congrat your body for trying and keeping up at least 60 that is awesome and hard to do...especially just going at it alone and with no support....you have to keep trying...some gals on here have been trying forever to go 100% but are all cooked one day they might slip and then 99 raw the next...it is a learning living process and i am sure you can do it....it takes 2 months to rid your body of the cravings so if you can go 100% raw for 2 months and see how you are feeling and doing then you can go from there........or take it a day at a time...just slowly add more veggies and fruits to your diet until they take up most of your calories a day and cooked becomes a thing of the past...smiling smiley but hey if want to treat yourself once a week at the beginning then go for it...i have an awesome friend i met here on this site that allows herself popcorn once a week...and many others who have a treat food they eat once a week for doing raw so well....don't feel like a failure....it harms your body worse to stress and feel bad about what you ate then thefood itself.....just accept it and move on.....tomorrow is always another day...your raw journey is just that YOURS you can make it however you want with whatever it takes...you make your own life and you know your limits and what you can and can't do now...so listen to your body and heart and keep trying...you will feel amazing once you accept the good and the bad.....take care and i am always here for support!! and once again welcome to the site!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:57PM

I second all that sachelle says. She is a smartie. Anyways welcome. Yeah i just had a cooked day today after almost 5 weeks on almmost all raw ooops. Anyways we slip someitmes and then we get back on track. Don't owrry and don't beat yourself up just try again. Good luck and keep osting .This forum is great

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 08, 2007 07:12AM

Hi tree...how are you doing?? how is the raw journey going??? i slipped up today after almost 6 weeks all raw...it would of been today of course.....i ate all cooked vegan but cooked....so you see we all have our mistakes...let us know how you are doing...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 08, 2007 10:35AM

hi tree and welcome.What sachelle says is true. the aim is to try and be raw-er.we are all trying.so don't beat yourself up but keep on keeping on.hugs and hang in there-taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: March 08, 2007 12:27PM

hi tree! glad to have you here!!

I am 95% raw, but I drink hot tea every day, and maybe once a month I eat 1 partially cooked meal. I don't feel bad about it, not one bit! It works great for me, I don't feel toxic or dirty or tired, plus I get all the benefits (I feel) from the raw diet!

Right now, this works just fine for me, so don't feel bad if you don't want to leave something behind. Just try to slowly add more raw at a pace you feel comfortable with. smiling smiley

much love from Sweden,
xxpeisi

Date: March 08, 2007 04:14PM

Just stopping by to say hello...hope all is well with you....take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2007 06:26PM

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words.
Sachelle-Thanks for telling me that I shouldn't beat myself up because when I eat a cooked meal. I can be my own worst enemy sometimes.
I've been doing pretty good, eating all raw foods for a few days. I'm reading Nature's First Law, and its really informative, but maybe a bit too cynical for me. I think its amplifying my feelings of failure. But I'm still going to finish it.
Thats all I have time for right now. I have an infant son so I don't get to post much.
Thanks again for all the support.

Date: March 09, 2007 03:55AM

Hi there tree...well congrats on being raw for a few days that is awesome...i am happy for you....yeah i have read through nature's first law and i thought it was too cynical for me too...but to each their own right....anyways hun take care of yourself and your infant....keep up the good work...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: March 09, 2007 04:51PM

Hi Tree. I feel the same way when i eat cooked. sometimes it makes me wish I had never tried raw. BUT I would've never known how great I could feel.good luk and welcome.

Date: March 16, 2007 06:33AM

HI there Tree how is everything going for you??? keep us posted...keep up the good work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 16, 2007 02:30PM

great advice sachelle!
don't feel like a failure Tree- every step is a step forward and sachelle is right it's more damaging to be too hard on yourself. Been there!! I got so much freedom out of just loving myself and having compassion for my own humanity.

Date: March 17, 2007 07:57AM

Thank you..yeah stress hormones are very bad for you too...and no one is perfect you will make mistakes so you can't beat yourself up over it.....thanks....and congrats on learning to love yourself...i am working on that now..
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:42AM

hi how is life going and your family? how is the journey going......do you need someone to help ya i am here!! take care of yourself...i hope allis well and peaceful in your life
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
aka sach

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 11:46AM

HI Tree! I am 36 and been trying to go raw for the last month or so. I have been raw some days and I have had cooked meat, chips and biscuits days. I dont actually feel too bad about those days because:

1. Been 36 years cooked and only a few weeks raw, so what can I expect! I'm still doing tons better than all those people who would never give it a go!

2. before I was completely lost, not really knowing what was best for me/my body. now I am so happy I have a direction. even when I dont follow it I know where the direction is and that I just have to follow it if I want to improve. Do you understand what I'm saying?

3. even when we are not 100% raw, we have improved in our previous way of life, right?

All my love and support.

Rian

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 18, 2007 03:43PM

i think rian made a great point. we've been cooked for YEARS.

back in primary school, when it was the summer, I would sleep until like 10 or 11 each day. but then, school would start back up and it was sooooooo hard for me to start getting up at 7. some days i would like, slide out of bed at 7:30 and run out the door. the point of this is: over a summer (like six weeks), you can form habits that are difficult/painful/hard to break. So, considering the fact that you've been forming the habit of eating cooked food for yeeeeaaaarrrrs, i think you're doing phenomenally well.

i'm trying to go raw as well...and yesterday i had a ton of non raw food. so far today, i've done a lot better. still, i'm trying.

there's no reason to be down on yourself for not being 100%. you're trying. and you'll get there.

love & support from a newbie smiling smiley <3

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 19, 2007 04:32AM

tree gal all of us are here for you!!! how are you??
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables