Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gone Raw now Detoxing - cold like syptoms, weakness?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2007 05:41AM

Hi,
My partner and I have gone 100% raw form a vegatarian diet cooked food diet.
It has been just over 2 weeks now.
The first week I was feeling a lot more clear in my mind and more present with people.Everything is seemingly a lot more benign in nature.
As the week went on I started feeling weeker in my body.
At the end of the first week I started to get a sore throat in the night and started to get cold like symptons. Runny nose, stuck in bed, not wanting to do anything. Whcih progressed on to a chest cough and then mucus started coming, of my nose. The mucous progressively got thicker and greener.
I am a bit scared about the weekness I am feeling
We have read 12 steps to raw food by Victoria Boutenko and The Beauty diet by David wolfe which have been big suppots.
I am just a bit scared about how week I have been feeling.
Can anyone give me some info on the detoxing sympotons of weakness and colds.Is this common?
I'm quite a thin light man of 56kg and quite scared that if I continue on raw I am going to get weaker and lose more weight.
I will use my common sense and willing to give this raw food thing at least two months and then redecide after that.
My partner has started having some diarrhea.

12 days raw. Yeah !

Thanks
Ben

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gone Raw now Detoxing - cold like syptoms, weakness?
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 06, 2007 07:12AM

HI there BEn....well don't worry the weakness is perfectly normal....and even if you are already thin you will lose weight at first while your body is ridding itself of the toxins and extra fluids and then it will gain back the weight it needs...so that youa re left at your natural weight...so you will have weight loss but it will come back to a natural healthy weight...and the weakness is okay too of course you will feel like you have a really bad flu and cold....everything you seem to be going through is perfectly normal don't worry!!keep up the good work and keep us posted on how well you two are doing.....good luck
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: oregonisaac ()
Date: March 07, 2007 09:16PM

I have the same fear about the weight loss, but it turns out I have gained a few lbs now by training and eating a lot of the heavier raw foods. It has been a week and a half or so for me.

I would suggest eating a whole coconut or working in coconut oil for the weak feeling, that is helping me. And even through I feel week, I have been testing myself because I am in training for the fire department and in actuality I am not weaker, maybe it is just a little bit of soreness as toxins bleed out or something.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 08, 2007 12:46AM

Yeah you are just detoxing a bit. Just wen thtrough this myself after a month raw. It's yucky but you'll feel better soon.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables