Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: August 27, 2007 03:38PM

Hey girl. You're back!!!!!!!!!!! YEYEYEYEYYYYYYYY!
Yes, I am doing great and I have 2 1/2 weeks left here, then Paris for a few days to get my kitties and ship some things, then Miami to ship some things and see friends and hang with my dude and then to LA on Oct 4th. I will move into my new apt in Santa Monica on Oct 6th. My dude is doing the whole move and process with me. He's been amazing with me- really.

My assistant lives in San Diego too, BTW. Crazy! Who knows, maybe we'll have a chance in the future...

Believe it or not, I found out that my apartment is one block away from Juliano's Raw Planet!!! [www.planetraw.com] Have you ever been there? I've stayed 100% for 13 days with only one slip up. Feeling amazing and very aware. Working out, meditating etc. All good..

I missed you. I am so glad you are back.

So you are looking for an apartment in San Diego?

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:30PM

hey sunshine!!! yay you are going to be close....oh no i am looking for an apartment in laguna area..it is about 45 minutes from santa monica..and about 45 from san diego..it is right in the middle haha...i am hoping to find something soon i had a place it fell through..and i am ver disappointed in the family i used to work for they were awful to this poor lady..and then finally after 3 days i called the dad and he called her..but i am sure she is just a little nervous and scared now after robyn was so rude and all you knwo?? so i am looking for something right now like today haha..anyways ooh i was just joking about you not choosing me haha but i would love to if you ever need someone!!! i really love that sort of thing...
anyways doll..no i haven't been to his restaurant but we will go!!
i am super excited about your big move...well starfruit it looks like i won the battle smiling smiley haha just kidding (you remember we were fighting over you Inaia a few months ago)
well take care and can't wait to hear from you!!
love ya lots
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 29, 2007 02:42AM

Well, I hope you find a place soon. smiling smiley We are going to be close. That's crazy!

I've stayed raw 100% since I last posted. Feeling good. Losing some weight. I had gained just a couple lbs when I added some cooked food and now that it's gone, the lbs are leaving too. Yey!

Getting ready to go to the gym in a while and then come back and do my schoolwork before getting ready for work tonight.

www.inaia.com

Date: August 31, 2007 08:19AM

Feeling torn about something I ate last night. It was not 100% raw but it was about 99% raw. I was craving some brown rice with veggies and curry that I usually get at a restaurant near my apartment- but instead I got 2 rolls of greens and lemongrass but it was wrapped in rice paper. The percentage was so miniscule but still not 100% and I wanted to fess up.

So other than that, I've stayed at 100% raw. Today I had 2 salads made up mostly of shredded cabbage, 1 avocado, 2 Lara bars, 1 banana and some red cabbage sprouts.

I will have another salad at work tonight.

I worked out really hard today and it felt amazing. I did one hour of cardio on the eliptical and I did some leg presses, leg curls and weighted ab exercises as well as a few small series of Bikram yoga postures in the steam room.

I feel myself coming back more and more.
I also did my meditation and spent some time this morning listening to Marianne Williamson and getting myself into good space.

Then I had a Chinese massage. That was absolutely amazing.
Looking fwd to going to work tonight.

www.inaia.com

Date: September 02, 2007 05:18AM

I have still stayed raw! The only thing is some nuts that may not have been raw. It's hard to find out exactly what I'm eating when everything is written in Japanese. The only nuts I can get and know that are raw are the ones in Lara Bars. There is only one place in Tokyo where I have found Lara Bars and sometimes I take a long walk over to buy a whole buch. I'm cleaning tha lady OUT of Lara Bars.

And if you think it's hard trying to explain raw in a restaurant or supermarket where people speak English, just imagine trying to do that in Japanese! My Japanese is minimal and even when people are Japanese and try to explain specific things to each other, it seems they go in circles forever. Japanese is a very diplomatic language and they dance around issues a lot out of respect and tact.

Today is my day off and I REALLY REALLY wanted to go out and grab some falafel. Surprising as it is usually Indian food that gets me. Anyway, I really wanted it but instead I went to the supermarket and bought some carrots and avocados and made myself some curried carrot soup.

Oh! The other thing I had that was not quite Kosher in the raw sense of the word was some chocolate 100% cacao that comes in little chips that I dipped in raw honey and ate to appease my sweet craving yesterday.

I am leaving for Paris in 14 days. I have 10 shows left to do. I am loving Tokyo and enjoying my time and making the most of my time and resources. I am really focusing on my growth and development and on being the biggest being I can imagine being and hopefully more.

I am SO looking fwd to going to Paris and then Miami Beach & Key West and finally, moving in to my new apartment in LA. I don't think I can stay 100% raw during all those travels but I do think I can stay at least 80-90%. But for now, while I'm still here in Tokyo, I am still managing. When I arrive in LA, I'm sure I can go back to 100% as well. But you never know. We'll see....

www.inaia.com

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 04, 2007 04:01PM

I admire how well you are eating on your travels. Btw, what are you able to eat in the Japanese restaurants that is raw? I think of them as offering a lot of rice and steamed veggies - but that may be totally wrong since I have never been to Japan...

Date: September 08, 2007 07:22AM

Yeah, Japan is not so good for vegetarians, vegans or raw foodists but I do pretty well with supermarkets and restaurants that serve good salads-not Japanese.

I'm on day 22. I have continued to stay raw except for the fact that I've eaten some nuts that may or may not have been raw and that rice paper, that may or may not be ok.

My skin feels SOOOO soft and it's really clear and glowy.

I was feeling incredibly stressed and anxious for the past few days and yesterday it all exploded into feelings of incredible anger and frustration. It was really really intense. I faced it. I dealt with it as best I could. As I was feeling that way-all freaked out- I was overeating like an insane person. I was stuffing and stuffing and stuffing, trying to avoid but you can't stuff with raw food the way you can with cooked. So I had to keep dealing with it.

Today I feel better.

www.inaia.com

Date: September 09, 2007 10:18AM

I made the call to eat a small amount of cooked today. The reason was psychological and I made conscious choice.

Let me start by saying that this was my 25th day on the challenge and my last Sunday in Tokyo. I had decided from the beginning that I my do this today and also maybe a bit during the plane trips in Paris I'd like to have Lebanese food one night.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time due to a combination of factors including the fact that I've been in a foreign country working six nights a week for six months in a culture where people don't talk to each other and are complete non-stop workaholics. The staff in the hotels I sing in often work 18-20 hour days and don't go home many days and stay sleeping on a cot in an employee room downstairs.

Today, I wanted and NEEDED to be around people. I called my friend to hang out- she never called me back. SO I did what I needed to do to be able to go somewhere and spend some time around actual human beings.

I ate 2 100% raw meals today but by the late afternoon I decided to go to an organic, vegan cafe that's one block from my apartment. I had a salad that came with some soy stuff that was spicy and also some brown rice. I also had a small slice of vegan cheesecake. I didn't order it right away. For about one hour I sipped on organic red wine but eventually I ended up eating what I described above -oh! and I had a cup of tea. I ended up spending 2 1/2 hours there, writing, reading and studying Japanese on my iPod but I got to sit outside and see people.

I intend to continue being raw- with a few exceptions over the next week or two- or maybe not-We'll see...

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2007 10:20AM by Inaia.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 10, 2007 06:42PM

Sometimes being with people is more important, right? Sounds like it was still pretty healthy. :-)

Date: September 15, 2007 07:51AM

I agree, Karen. The reason I even do raw is b/c of my commitment to health. I made the call to eat some cooked food that day b/c of my commitment to health. It is the same thing. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:58AM

Hi love...how are you??? i hope all is well and you have settled into your apartment and are enjoying the beautiful weather we had for a while!!! hmm not it is the smokey fires so not as beautiful!!! hmm....what are you up to this weekend??? i will be in LA for a few days...friday,saturday,sunday and monday morning...but then i come back here for work...i spend most every weekend up there..and sometimes i spend a few days in the week as well haha...i love it up there!!!! in june i will be moving to WeHo...so i am excited...i wish i would of just moved up there in the first place after camp..but things happened and i didn't know where i would work or who i would live with...so now i will be prepared!!!
i hope things are going great for you!! !Please call or text sometime i miss ya!! and love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxooxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: November 04, 2007 07:43PM

Hey Sachelle! I'm loving LA! I don't have your # though.

www.inaia.com

Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables