Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fearlessly Loving
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 29, 2007 03:10AM

Hi there...well we have missed you in the past day or so!! glad to hear from you....hmm i have been having a tough day or two as well..had some bad things happen to some good friends it sent me off on an emotional road not caring about anything and not caring what i ate...but i stuck to vegan at least that was good i think....well stick with it you are doing great.....don't worry about it just keep trying that is all you can do in life.....hey you did good it wasn't too much or too far off
well take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: April 03, 2007 04:47PM

Hey I have not been around for a week or so. This past week I've been really occupied putting the news magazine together... so I am waiting for it right now and then delivery!
So last week was 100% easy .. then on the weekend I chose to eat a cooked meal after I went to WEgman's and they have an AWESOME produce selection. So I ate a barely cooked spicy stirfry with red rice [that is the only grain] and also some popcorn. I was very conscious not to overeat. Sunday was only about 80% raw also, but I'm back on track today. the good thing is I don't feel guilty and I am allowing myself room for that ... I ate a lot of fats [avos and nuts] this weekend and didn't feel too good physically. I figure its ok to let my system slow down a little with that stuff.
Also, I made Essene bread out of sprouted rye to satisfy the bread craving. Only thing is, after you eat it it kind of just sits there like a lump, heavy.
I've started a new thing where I try to buy a new kind of fruit I've never had everytime I go to the grocery store, for variety. I had a really limited exposure to fruits as a kid and so in the past week I've tried blood oranges and red bananas - both reaaly yummy smiling smiley
been craving chocolate and sweets so might try to make some raw cookies.
talk to you later ...

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 04, 2007 01:51AM

Hey well congrats on doing so well last week...and good for you not feeling guilty about this weekend...good job...keep up the good work!!! i am glad all is well with you....take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 05, 2007 04:10PM

Made some raw cookies yesterday. They didn't come out to great as I substitued figs for dates and forgot to put banana ... but they satisfy the sweet craving a bit - remind me of Larabars. actually I had the Cashew cookie Larabar yesterday and that was yummy.
I think my blood orange binge is over. I've never been one for citrus...
Had a few slip ups yesterday and the day before - minor things so I am still over 80% .. but I do think its harder to not give in to your cooked cravings and overeat if you are not 100% ... I don't know if that made sense, it was a lot of double negatives. try again: Being 100% supports you in staying 100% but if you are 80% or 90% then the cravings for cooked are stronger and thought patterns more obsessive. Anyone else find this??

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: April 05, 2007 05:32PM

yes! thank you onesource. I agree 100%. once I start with the processed, it is hard to go back to 100%. although I have only been 100% a few days in a row a few times.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:23PM

one source

i like your name

ONE SOURCE

that is cool

also i like the name of the thread

FEARLESSLY LOVING

that is also neat

very poetic

my favorite name and thread name

neat - o

Date: April 06, 2007 04:55AM

hey there hun.....yeah i totally agree with you!! 100% is a lot better...i noticed that the the couple of days i ate something cooked vegan that i was more vulnerable to eating more cooked and vegan.....then i was all the other days i was 100%...so it is crazy haha...but i think 100% is a good thing yay raw!!!
well keep up the good work....what is the receipe for the cookies be sure to post it up in our receipe section here on the diary blogs!!take care and keep it up have an awseome raw day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 06, 2007 11:08PM

hey sachelle ... u m er I mean ... earth angel (sweet name)
I've been more around 80% the past few days - or eaten only one non-raw thing a day. like roasted pepitas or hummus. I'm having some financial constraints right now so I don't mind eating some cooked if its what we have (we still have rice and lentils in our dry storage).
I've been thinking the past fews days about what is it that I want to get out of being raw? I mean I feel like my health is a lot better even if I eat some cooked vegan. I won't go back to omni eating def......... so it's hard for me to look really long term at like "will eating raw keep me from getting cancer in the future?" Like how will I know? But in the meantime, why not? sometimes I feel like I am making my life a big experiment - like forty years from now (when I'm in my 60s) and in great health then people will notice? I don't know. Someone should be doing a longterm study of vegans and raw foodies to have some really conclusive scientific evidence.
OK that was a rant ...
making raw sushi tonite though I am not that hungry - I got really full from hummus and pitan and olives and now that is all I want to eat ...

the cookies didn't come out great. But today I am making crusts for a coconut lime tart and also some date/cashew mash for snacks. yummy According to fit day I've eaten about 50% fat today!! that is just curazy.

Oh yeah - interesting smoothie I made yesterday that tasted like a cookie: almond milk, one banana, maca, handful pecans, cinnamon, and you can add young coconut water or flesh if you want.

that's all for now.

Date: April 07, 2007 05:11AM

hey there...thanks i had to hcange my name lol....glad people still know who i am haha....of course i had to remind them all...
you are doing good with your eating...to each their own and if your goal isn't 100 % oh well that is cool youa re doing 80% that is still awesome
keep up the good work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 08, 2007 05:32PM

Ok so I ended up doing a juice fast most of the day yesterday after eating lots of cooked food Friday. Then I had the raw sushi to break the fast.
Also had the most amazing coconut lime tart [it took two days to make!] I will post it on the recipes section.
Also had a succesful experiment of making seasoned sprouted peanuts. I had raw pnuts but I don't like how they taste so I spouted them, seasoned them with chilipowder, garlic, paprika and parsley and dehydrated them. The only thing is you have to dry them a long time b/c they don't get crunchy.
Oh update on the financial. We did our budget yesterday so my anxiety is relieved about that a little bit b/c I saw that we were making more than we've been spending basically.
Just no frivolous spending!!

Date: April 08, 2007 06:34PM

hey there...sounds like you are having a great day that is good...happy easter......sounds like things are falling into place for you and ou are doing well!!! congrats on that.....hmm yum coconut lime tart sounds good...what kind of raw sushi did you have like nori rolls..or the little fish nemo's haha....anyways hope all is well and take care of yourself...you are doing good
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 08, 2007 08:17PM

nori rolls def!! I love nori!
OH yeah, I started working at the Zen Fitness spa two days a week. They are paying me in yoga classes and personal coaching. so that is great b/c I wouldn't normally have money for that stuff anyway!
I've been very creative today.We did a lot of spring cleaning and I've been doing little art projects to spruce up the house.
that's all today.
earthangel thanks for all the encouragement. You are really the voice of support for all of us on our raw diaries!! just wanted to let you know I appreciate you smiling smiley AND everyone else who is reading and writing.
community is good.
and thanks for the compliment la_veronique I also enjoy your posts all over this forum!

Date: April 08, 2007 09:37PM

hey there...well congrats on the job that is fantastic!! big news.....that would be so great to have a job and be paid in yoga and personal coaching..cuz sometimes the things you don't normally have money for but then you do have...you don't end up spending on that thing you want anyways haha...well at least i know i don't haha..i will keep it and use it for bills so that is awesome for yoU!!! congrats hun.....and thank you for the sweet words...i try to be on here all the time and comment and add some love and support on this forum....you are doing terrific and i love the new receipe you added...looks so yummy!!! keep up the tremendous work....
oh yeah i saw that you are looking to move sometime have you decided where or if you will be moving?? hmm well that is always exciting moving somewhere new...a hassle but rewarding!!
goodluck
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 12, 2007 05:58AM

hey there...how is the job?? how is that yoga you are getting as payment....well i am sure your world is going great!!! love to hear from you!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 16, 2007 12:26AM

hello darling onesource!! where are you?? i hope all is well in cny....take care of yourself and let us know how you are!!!! enjoy your day.....i hope all is going great with your spa position i am sure you are enjoying yourself and taking in all the yoga and fun stuff you can!!! don't get stuck in the positions and forget about us smiling smiley
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 17, 2007 12:40AM

Hey there earthangel with a face full of greens smiling smiley
I know I haven't been around! arrgg I guess I've kind of dissapeared from raw food ... been eating whatever as long as vegan ... last week went on a major pnt butter binge and have been eating grains. SO i feel kind of lost and confused. Physically I've been feeling OK not much different than when I was eating raw for a few weeks there. I just feel fuller, and like my digestion moves slower... but still eating a lot of bananas smiling smiley ... anyway the main issue is mentally. I don't know what I want! How important is it to me to be raw?? Def using food as comfort but its like I don't know who to talk to about it.
I had a cold today but drank lotttts of CHAGA (medicinal mushroom) tea with honey and feel better.
What else - I'm only doing the spa thing once or twice a week so I've only been once to a yoga class and then worked for a few hours. it's kind of slow there. but it's a step in the right direction. I'm looking at nutrition/holistic health education, but I don't really know. Earthangel I think we're thinking of going out west, possibly southwest.
so i guess I'm just feeling generally resigned, unsure lost etc. about raw food life. Any advice anyone?? Help!!

Date: April 17, 2007 03:27AM

Hi there darling....well i am soo glad you came back and let us know what is going on.....moving is a def hard spot in your life because you do feel lost and dn't know if it is what you want and what you will do and what if it is the wrong choice..where will you turn..i have been there...that is avery tough thing...but you are strong you can do it...moving southwest to where??? a new move might just be what you need!!! a new start and fresh beginning huh???? raw doesn't have to overocme your life...if you don't think raw is important to you or you don't think it is that big of a deal but still want to include some...do a lesser percent of raw and eat some cooked grains and things here and there....or do raw and then cooked dinner!! compromise with your body and really listen to what it is saying...if your bod isn't into all raw then take it and go with it...eat some cooked and deal with the emotions and feelings.....some people aren't able to stay on 100% raw cuz it doesn't work with there bodies no matter how long they give it...so try a diff approach.......i am confused always too and wonder if raw is for me...but at the end of the day i am willing to give it a year...and i still am not happy then i will try something else....but i can't imagine not eating raw/.....hmm well i hope this helps some...i know that you are confused and frustrated....but i am always here if you need someone to talk to or for support!!!
good luck and keep meposted
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 24, 2007 05:23AM

hey sunshine...just wanted to check in with you and see how life is treating you...i know you were having some hard times a few days ago and just wanted to check in with you and see how that is goin....i hope you are getting better but i am here for you no matter what if you are having rough times or good times....i think the uncertainy of where you will be in the next few montsh is a tough thing...you mentioned moving...and i think not knowing wher you will be puts a lot of stress and struggle on life....so try to think peaceful thoughts...but i am always here for ya no matter what!! hope you are well
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 02:56AM

hey hun just wanted to check in and say hello!!! how are things going for you??
hope all is well
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 24, 2007 06:02PM

Hey everyone -
I did not drop off the face of the planet, just off the raw bandwagon. David Wolfe got me any my hunny back on it now. We are reading [together] his book the Sunfood Diet Success System. I highly reccomend it as it is totally wholistic and powerful stuff. I esp. like the chapter on Food and Karma.
I'll update you when I have a chance. Right now I am at work putting the June magazine togehter. :-)
love to all and peace!!

[www.thequantumtree.com]
Where it literally pays to network

Date: May 25, 2007 03:24AM

hey there hun!! yay glad to hear from yoU!! glad to hear you found your way around the detour and back onto the path that is raw!! good for you and hubby!! congrats...missed you!!
take care and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:30AM

hey hun just dropping by to say hello...how are things going??
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 10, 2007 12:49AM

Hi EarthAngel et al.
Update.
Sooo things are going well with RAW... I think I've stabilized at 80%-90% for the past two weeks and I'm having fun with it. I'm actually to the point where I can't eat a whole cooked meal without feeling gross - so I think that is a good sign that my body is telling me what it wants. It really hit home for me [literally} when we went to visit my parents on Memorial Day weekend. Keep in mind, they are still wrapping their heads around veganism and think raw food is a religion. PLUS my dad is a hobby chef, so food = love and you gotta eat it! So he was really gracious and made us vegan enchiladas with tonnes of soy cheeze and refried beans - so heavy! This used to be one of my favorite meals and it wrecked me for a few days after that.
Since then I've been high raw. It helps a lot to drink the green smoothies at lunch - they relax me so much! must be all the magnesium.
Right now I am eating raw applesauce with cashew cream yummmmm.
the only cooked things I have eaten/been eating are sprout bread - not too cooked?; some tabouleh (soaked bulger); a veggie burger; some fried potato/squash; and, of course, the jazzy popcorn! the breads/starches are the hardest to let go for me.

In other news ...
I am slowly transitioning out of this job that I felt 'stuck' at - starting monday I only work 25 hours a week there so I am looking at other forms of income and freelance work - any work!!
Also, I've decided I want to be a holistic nutrition counselor. That's really my calling. I've seen so much healing out of it and really feel that our world is in a nutrition crisis, so this is where I think I fit in to it all. The best looking program I've found so far is the Insitute for Integrative Nutrition.
Also, our wedding is FAST approaching and we are [somewhat frantically] seeking a raw chef to cater! We would do it ourselves but that would be too hectic with everything we have planned.
HELP! It's hard enough to find a vegetarian chef in Upstate NY! I think we have a few leads though. It's shaping up well. Working on my dress tonight!

Ok that's all for now!

Peace,
OneSource

Date: June 10, 2007 01:21AM

Here are some pictures of me and my hunny (in case you were curious)
this one is funny -->

cutie -->

and this is Chef Nate fixing up some sandwiches for a Benefit Dinner we did in December. We met coordinating a previous veggie dinner in September. Our mutual passion for food is a strength for us and a big part of our future plans ...
oh yeah this is when he had dreads .. I made that hat for him winking smiley

Date: June 10, 2007 08:35AM

hey there ...glad to see all is well and you are doing great!! congrats..beautiful pics..keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 10:50PM

Hi all.
Doing OK. this weekend I ate a lot of not good things and I'm feeling like a cold coming on today. I took my constitutional remedy and went for a long bike ride ... so we'll see.
Also, I now have a blog if you want to check it out at [alethafaye.wordpress.com]
Peace
OneSource

Date: June 19, 2007 08:56AM

hey there...glad to see you posting!! have a wonderful day and take care..sorry you are getting a cold..probably your body getting rid of the not so hot stuff you mentioned from the weekend...
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables