Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: read a book and went raw from a cooked meat diet in a day, Help!
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 25, 2007 04:14AM

Hi there Rian....welll i don't say much about it either...i just go to the events or out with friends and order what i know i can have...although i have always been the salad ordered out of the bunch so it hasn't changed that much....but i know it is hard sometimes though because you just want to be "normal" but just think of how great we feel and how wonderfully we are treating our bodies!!! good luck with everything i know you are doing great and will deal with the events just great when it comes up!!
take care hun
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: March 25, 2007 09:46AM

you are right about the not saying anything. The problem is my boyfriend. On the one hand he is really supportive, on the other, I dont know why he finds it uncomfortable if I dont order starters or bread. He gets a little offended if I say no to what he gets me. I guess I'll just have to educate him gently.

This morning I'm hungry and I'd love some toast or to finish my kids veggie saussages, but I am having plenty of fruit instead. I bought a food processor yestaeday and I'll try to do a recipy today. Wich me luck!!!

Love,
Rian

Date: March 25, 2007 06:00PM

Hey there....yeah it is hard people are funny about food...you don't order something or eat what they offer and they take offense...when you aren't REQUIRED to eat it you know?? what if you were not able to eat it for other health challenges you know?? this is the same it is your new way of life to make yourself healthy and dis-ease free!!! tell him it's for your health you know?? it's tough.....hmm awesome will power this morning.....resisting those veggie sausages and toast...haha it is hard when you are hungry and you are like hmm that is already prepared...but fruit is simple just peel or chop it...i try to always remember that....well good luck with your food processor...i have a mini one that holds like 1 1/2 cups it is great tool...always love what i put in it haha..
good luck and take care hun
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 26, 2007 05:46PM

wow!!!! I am reading "Green for Life" and I am in awe with Victoria's book!!! I feel profound gratitude to her for sharing all her findings. But more than anything I am humble before such a thinker. When I read her words I feel a very intimate conection with her, it's somehow a voice that speaks from within rather than from the outside. I feel nearly moved to tears. I cannot believe that I am fortunate enough to have heard or learnt about eating raw. this is a truly new beginning for me. Sure I am not as "good" or raw as i would like. I have "lapses" when I nibble at something I shouldnt, but I think I do it out of testing rather than abandoning. I am very excited about the future!!!!

Love to you all!!!!
Rian.x

Date: March 26, 2007 07:59PM

Hey there...congrats on this amazing feeling i know how you feel......you are doing great always sticking with some raw always trying always being positive!! you are doing so wonderful.....yes that books is really good i really like it...she has a lot of knowledge of raw...i just feel bad for her...she cme to speak in sd a whlie back and she has put on so much of her weight she lost....i am not sure what happened but she is so amazing and i felt like i knew her that i could feel her pain you know? anyways i felt connected to her and it was so amazing to me....
keep on keepin on!!!
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 27, 2007 07:43PM

today i made my first gren smoothie. It was all very funny at work with people giving their opinion and all. However, i am very tired (dont really know why) and I've been kind of hungry all day. Then I came home and I wondered what I could eat... another smoothie? How boring! My son had cooked some bun at school so I ate some... then a pork pie. I dont really know if I feel bad although my stomach is burning a little. Who cares! i think I am tired...

Thank you so much Dear Sachelle for your support. It means so much to me that I can share this with you! also thanks to anyone else reading and giving support.

Love,
Rian,
x

Date: March 28, 2007 04:25AM

Hey there...wow you are doing great!!! good for you trying a green smoothi aren't they yummy??? hmm i like thm...haha althoughi only usually do one a day too...hmm yeah i had a bad day today and had some vegan cooked...i don' know why i let myself fall sometimes when something terrible happens in my life...oh well better luck now huh?? i ate something cooked and felt horrible...good for you for staying strong and not letting it bother you!! that is such an awesome thing..i wish i had that ability!!
you rock!!!!
and of course i am always here for ya!!! you are doing wonderful keep it up!! i am here cheering you on!
love sachelle
btw get some sleep sleepy head smiling smiley
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 28, 2007 07:15PM

YOu have bad days too? I thougt you are this angel from my computer... ha! Today I made another smoothie to take to work: lettuce, apple, asparragus. was good. but then i was so hungry in the afternoon! made a huge sprout salad.got to go, a friend just called...

love, x

Date: March 29, 2007 03:01AM

hey there...haha i wish lol but no sadly i have bad days too haha...well i am not doing too much better today but not bad.....hmm your smoothie sounds yummy....take care huN!!! hope you have a fabulous night and wonderful day tomorrow
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
hmm i love sprouts they ar AMAZING

Date: March 29, 2007 07:20PM

So sorry not feel you arenot doing too well today. I wish I could help you as much as you are helping me!!!!

Last niht I found an e-book by Frederic Something. I bought it and read it straight away. It sounded SO sensible and realistic!!!! The 36 tips for going raw really helped me as I felt the author really understood how I feel and what Im going through. Today it was all great, had another smoothie: Gosh it was so awful I couldnt touch it. Then I got home and added another banana and some more strawberries and it was alright. Then I went out and played tennis withmy son, he had dinner at the club, those curly fries did look So apealing... I had a couple. I feel a little disappointed with myself, but not too bad.

Right, dear. Tomorrow I'm going on holiday for a whole week: to Spain (home) to see my folks. I wonder how I'll be able to stay raw with my mum's cooking, I'll do my best. So you wont hear from me for a while as when I come back i'm going to my Buddhist centre to do a retreat. I'm planning on fasting. we'll see.

But I'll miss these lovely encouraging posts.. and i'll be back!

Love,
Xxxx

Date: March 30, 2007 02:37AM

Hi hun....wow you are doing so great!!! i am sooo proud of you...i bet the book was good i am going to look it up!!! i have been reading the raw detox diet book by natalie rose SOO GOOD...she is good.......yeah i usually have to taste my green smoothies before i put them in the container on the go haha or else i might get a surprise...like once i put WAY too much parsley in it and i took a drink and my gag reflex was working so i had to dump it out haha....anyways keep up the awesome work and have fun with your parents that is awesome i miss mine so much they are in indiana i in california...where do you live now with your family??? well good you get to go visit them and see them!!!!! have fun...and good luck at the retreat when you get back....you can email me at sachelle@rawfoods.com anytime during your vacation if you have access to computer or email on your phone i will get back to you!!
good luck
take care and i will miss ya!
love sachelle
xox oxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 04, 2007 02:34AM

hi hun...i know you are on vacation and not checking this but i just wanted to say hi...the past few days have been not the same without ya...hope all is well in spain...hopefull you will get a chance to check in before the retreat ...if not i can't wait till you coem back to tell us all about your trip and how amazing you are doing!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox
p.s. i changed my sign in name...this is sachelle...haha just in case you didn't read my diary lol...i didn't want my real name on here so much anymore lol with my food issues and stuff i didn't want people seeing it like future employers and everythinga nd judgin.
well take care

Date: April 06, 2007 10:35PM

I'm back!!!!!! well, I went straight back into cooked food as my mum would have suffered greatly if she'd seen what I would have eaten, but It has served me as a little experiment, I realised how much worse I did feel on cooked food, now I have the challenge to go back raw. Looking forward to fasting for 4 days first, my first time... I wonder how I will do. will move to my Buddhist centre I think, for those days to get plenty support and not be on my own with my cupboards...

dear Earthangel, check your e-mail & let me know if you've found anything???

Love,

Rian.xxx

Date: April 07, 2007 04:35AM

yay you are back!!! i missed you...smiling smiley glad you are doing well and had a great trip...good for you using the trip as experiment...it is always a work in progress never feel guilty...i had a tough day today too!!
take care and i will check my email her ien a minute.
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 07, 2007 09:14PM

Why did you have a bad day? What happened? I want to know more about my earthangel!!!! Did you have a look at your e-mail? did you get anything there from me? Let me know, Please. Today I am back on raw and I defenetely leel better for it, although I took kids to a restaurant and had a couple of chips. It's funny they really give me a belly ache nearly straight away. Yes, Im trying not to feel guilty, I just try to watch how I feel. I'm reading F.Patenaud's raw secrets and it really is helping me a lot as it seems so balanced and realistic. He critisizes these "perfect raw gurus" for being not too much in touch with how hard it is for us mortals and it really helps me. I think more than anything i am trying to watch my body's reactions after I eat anything. It's interesting... more it's fascinating. I see some problems I need to tackle, for example Im buying far too much organic perishable food that tends to go to waste, but again I am not feeling too bad (my bank account is!!!!) I just think its part of the normal process of adjusting to a new way of life.

NIte, nite my cybernetic raw sister. keep well and share your problems with me. I long to support you as much as you are giving me all this beautiful support.

Love,

Rian, xxxx

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: April 07, 2007 09:46PM

Hi Rian. when is your fast? sounds like you are doing great. I eat cooked almost everyday lately and I do it out of restlessness...i think.mostly raw though.
have a nice day!

Date: April 08, 2007 03:09AM

hello dear dear Rian.....well it was a tough day because of work..i posted all about it iin my diary...have you looked at it??? hmm it is very long posts always haha...but yeah i had a tough day at work...but today is better..yes i emailed you back hun!! thank you for the email...i am looking forward to your buddhist retreat andto hear all about it!! have a wonderful evening and have wonderful day tomorrow
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 08, 2007 10:23PM

My dearest sisters!!!!!! Well, today i eat only fruit, inspired by F. Patenaud's book and I felt great! Whenever I got a little hungry I just had some fruit and kept going. I must say I was surprised how actually little hungry i felt. Tomorrow is the big day. In the morning I'll go to Brighton for the (BUddhist)empowerment, Then I'll go to the cinema to watch a silent film about life in a monastery (thats so funny! I really wanted to go to the cinema, but I knew i couldnt on retreat, so I saw this film was on in my favorite cinema... So). Then I'll go to my Buddhist centre in Southampton (South of England) where I'll do puja and start my purification retreat. I think tomorrow I will eat some fruit still because I have to do plenty of driving & i think I should not go light headed, but then I'll go on just water for 4 days. It will be my first one and I am very excited!!!! I know there will be weiry moments ,but i'll go "inside them" and let them be. I also look forward to the meditations as I am sure there will be a difference.

On Fri I go back to Spain to my nephew's Christening, I think I will be a little loopy to party after my retreat, but I'll see how I ride that one.

So I'll be away from you for a little while my dear ones, but you will be in my heart and in my prayers and ... I'LL BE BACK!!!!

Earthangel, look for a "present" in your e-mail.

Love, Lots of it!!!!!!!

Rian.xxxxx

Date: April 09, 2007 12:01AM

hey there...well that sounds like a wonderful plan....good luck to you on this beautiful adventure...keep up the good work...i wil check my email right now!
thank you take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 12, 2007 06:04AM

hey there just wanted to leave you a note while you are on your retreat....i hope all is going well with your 4 day fast at the buddha center!! i bet you are dealing with a lot of emotions...but it is so good for your body what you are doing!!!!! keep it up and looking foward to your return!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 16, 2007 12:24AM

HI there just wanted to drop in and say hello and i miss you!! i know you are having a wonderful retreat at the center enjoying your fast and learning so much and detoxing your body!! take care and talk with you soon!!! enjoy yourself...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 17, 2007 12:31PM

Hi ya!!!!! I'm back!!!!!!! Well, that was an experience!!! The fasting went well, although I made some "mistakes". I put some lemon juice in the water on the 2nd day and some honey, but I think that actually interrupted the process more than anything. It's funny to see the effect it all had on my mind. I was also doin meditation clensing retreat so, lot of things came up.Interesting. Then I stopped my fasting as I had to go to a my nephews christening in Madrid. Thas was a pity as I had just got into it, the pain had stopped and I was feeling great. I didnt really want to break my fasting. And I broke it "in style". I couldnt refuse all that food at the celebration and also I didnt want my mum to worry about me, so I ate "normal". I had belly ache. NOw Iam back, back to work and the rest of rutine sad smiley. I feel ok, but I feeel it is a shame I did all that hard work and tehn I kind of blew it all at the weekend. I dont think I'll have a chance to purify for another long while...

BUT I am determined to keep going. One thing I have learnt is not to fear being hungry and to wait to eat until I am hungry rather than just out of habit.

Today I am incredibly tired, but I'll plough through the day.

My boyfriend met some of my family over the weekend. They

Date: April 18, 2007 03:03AM

hi there welcome back from your fast retreat and your weekend in madrid!! awesome for you...sorry you had a belly ache....smiling smiley i told ya lol...just kidding you know i am here for ya and love ya!!! that is tough thing trying to make sure your family isn't worried and what not...did you try to explain to them what you are doing and everything?? maybe you should have a chat with them...that is a good idea so that you don't have to try to hide your raw and you don't have to worry about them being upset or worried!!!
well keep on tryign you are doing great!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 18, 2007 11:21AM

Hi lovly, I have told my family I've gone raw. trouble is I have done so many things in my life they consider crazy that this is just another one for them. I am very pleased that I have come back to raw. After F.P.'s book I have now become more or less a fruitarian, although I will also eat all other things when my body asks for it. now I seem to be best on just fruit. Occassionally I have pinched a couple of things from my kids food, determined not to feel guilty and I am more than anything amused to see what happens in my body, moast of the time I feel spacey, specially if it was bread. Funny, ha?

Tonight I am going to a concert with my boyfriend:Kings Of leon. We'll have dinner out. I have decided to eat whatever when the situation arises and not be a fanatic, however, the fact is that my body does actually not feel good after a binge anymore. I feel I am going in the right direction.

Love,
Rian

Date: April 19, 2007 04:37AM

hmm hi there...i applaud you telling your famil that is great...i am a little worried about you doing so well and then just deciding to eat whatever if given the chance or in the oppurtunity....if you have a plan that is awesome...i hope this works for you...i think it is fine if you are okay with it...just seems kinda spiratic...you know?? i don't want you to get ill and what not...like if you are raw for a few days then eat tons of cooked out...then you might get sick...but if your body can handle it go for whatever feels right to you!!
keep up the hard work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 10:09PM

you are right, it is all a bit mad. However, I have done all kind of crazy things in my life and I dont want to have my family worried about me again, so when I am with them I pretend I am not as serious as I am or they would worry so much. So for now, until I have experimented with it a bit more myself, I think that is the best way for them. But you are right, my body pays for it. Whenever i am tempted by even a little bit of cooked food, mostly from what my kids are eating, my belly aches so much, or my head feels "spinny" or something. I am actually watching my body, watching the reactions I get and how it is true that those foods are not really our natual foods. Although I am not strictly doing perfect, but I think that I am collecting first hand information/experience about what happens which i will eventually be able to share with others to guide them in their own quest to better food.

NOw I find I just feel like fruit all day, even the lettuce I got I havent touched yet as I just dont feel like it. Then I had a little bit of steamed broccoli with a tiny bit of mayo, from my kids and I felt so rotten. The I can see how it all goes from there. My belly ached so I had a biscuit. mY body ached even more & I had some chocolate... Yeah, I can see how it all happens that e go back to cooked food!!!

Tomorrow I might have to eat out again, which I'd ratehr not. Again, I wont be able to stay raw with my boyfrined. He's coming to his first Buddhist lesson and I just cannot shock him with everything at once!!!

All my love,

Rian

Date: April 20, 2007 06:43AM

hmm hey there...well i am glad you are okay with this i am just worried it sounds abit crazy you are at a point where you seem ashamed of raw like others can't know...i know to a certian point people don't say much but follow it...you are taking to extreme so i am worried.....good luck with that and keep us updated...all mylove and good vibes sent your way!! good luck
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 08:19AM

Thanks for worrying Huni, but, its not that I hide it, its that when I am eating with my family or my boyfriend I try to eat a bit more like I used to. They still get the theory, dont worry, In stereo!!! In any case, I live 2000 miles from my mum so she doesnt see me most of the time. And also I only see my boyfriend about once a week, so no worries there. well, back at work with all my fruit for the day. I am trying to delay eating in the morning unitl I am really hungry to maximize detox in the morning. It feeels good.

HAve a nice day, love

Rian

Date: April 20, 2007 08:22AM

okay well just take care of yourself and do what is right for yoU!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxox

Date: April 24, 2007 05:02AM

hey how is life?? how are things going...i hope you are doing well
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables