Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: read a book and went raw from a cooked meat diet in a day, Help!
Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 24, 2007 07:52PM

hi darling,
been busy with work and stuff.Also eak with our lovely diet. the thing is, it all seems a lonely struggle sometimes. I now think this diet is definitely right. However, it's pretty hard when I have to also cook stuff for my kids that looks so apealin to me still and be strong enough not to touch it. Also my Buddhist practice is as right as our diet, but sometimes its hard to fit it all.

I have now realised soem down pitfalls in my diet. When I have made such an effort an my belly aches, I feel so bitter than everything goes down hill. Like today, I took my friut as usual for lunch, but then I was a little hungry still. somebody offered me some almonds. Too many, I knew I shouldnt eat the lot but i did, then I had a belly ache, so when I got home I was so annoyed with myself that I had chocolate, a biscuit and chips. My belly was aching even more so I didnt go to the gym. Now i am down...

Love,

Rian
xxxxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 24, 2007 08:51PM

awww sorry you are having such a rough day......don't be done tomorrow is another day..just relax tonight if you don't want to get up and go to the gym...and start a new leaf tomorrow....
yeah cooking for others is hard that is something i do too...i am a nanny for 2 little girls and have to prepare snacks and dinner and be around food constantly...and my roomie is always frying stuff up and it usually smells good or looks good.....but i don't have it...you just have to really connect with yourself and tell yourself the reasons why you are raw and why you want to eat that way and why the cooked is yucky..and really believe it......hmm i think going 100% right away for you might be good then you aren't tempted say like you had a small cooked dinner for transition you will be more likely to cave in and say okay to something else cooked in the day or night cuz of the dinner yous ay oh well i had this and it is part of my transition you know??
so maybe try that approach
good luck and take care i am routing for you!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: April 25, 2007 03:55AM

hi rian! i am also new to the raw foods way of eating and i've had some struggles to stay raw as well. it is really hard at first! just this past weekend i was obsessing over messing up and eating something non-raw. it was consuming my every thought. and then all of a sudden my cat fell out of my window when the screen broke and was lost in the middle of the city and i could not believe i'd thought my non-raw meal was the slightest bit important! (my cat is fine now smiling smiley) i vowed after that not to make such a big deal of it if i eat non-raw food...and since then i haven't wanted much of anything cooked. i've been able to enjoy eating raw and savor the raw foods as opposed to thinking of what i can't have, b/c i don't feel like i'm restricting myself anymore. does that make sense? we give so much power to food, so much so that we become addicted and it makes us feel comforted, guilty, happy, etc.- but it's just food. it shouldn't have this power. cooked foods will always be there if we want to eat them, right? so there's no need to worry about never getting to eat them again. but i have a feeling that the longer we eat raw, the less and less we'll want to eat cooked food smiling smiley

keep truckin' along!

Date: April 25, 2007 06:20AM

hey there hun how are you today??? just checking in with ya!! take care of yourself`
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 11:38AM

Thank you Meow and Earthangel for being there for me. YOu are right that I shouldnt get hung up on it. But its difficult sometimes right? Today I am fasting a little after what turned into a proper binge last night. Iam basically waiting until I feel hungry to eat. I brought my fruit and stuff to work but I've been on water this morning.

Iam going out for dinner with boyfriend tonight so I hope I can just have a salad although he gets a bit funny about me being different about food. we'll see.

lOve,
Rian

Date: April 25, 2007 06:13PM

Heythere...wow you have a lot of food issues with others..i am sorry to hear that hun...please be careful and think of yourself in these times...if they love you for you they will understand when you explain and not judge you...i hope your bf is not judging you...that worries me...only cuz i care about your happiness and health!! take care of yourself and good luck...have a wonderful day!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:36AM

hey smiling smiley

i'm reeeeeally new to raw...and i had a screw up over the weekend. it was really disappointing. but when we slip up, it's not a failure as long as we get back up and try again. and we both are. so yay!

i know what you mean about the not being as hungry on raw thing...i'm not either. i find this strange. i have been eating anyway b/c i used to have issues with food as well and i don't want to start skipping meals all the time...but i finally decided to try to listen to my body and only eat when i get hungry. good luck with that!!!

random question: what part of spain are you from? one of my best friends is presently living in alicante. it sounds lovely.

i hope you're having a wonderful day. and i can't wait to hear from you again! best of luck. take heart and be careful!

Date: April 26, 2007 03:46AM

Hey gal how is your day?? i hope all is well with you!! take care of yourself...talk to you soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 07:35PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm from Madrid, my family is still there.

So last night I had a salad with smoked salmon. I's not either raw or cooked but it did alright in my belly, better than I thought.

BUt today! Well I am very tired (my boyfriend staying over etc) At work there was this wonderful cake which I didnt touch and I was so proud of myself. I had my fruit. then I was doing fine although i had so much fruit I had a lot of gas. Then I came home. I bought fish and chips for the kids (The fish I used to love!) I didnt touch it, made myself this... THING! it was just revoltin, so I thought sod it! And I had some fish and chips and chocolate and the lot. I think I am staring to see a pattern here. I think its when I make the effort to stay raw, but I still fail, that I become more discouraged... I feel a little bit bad. Also i am not sure how mega healthy i want to be. A little: sure, but to what extreme do i want to get? I dont know.

Help!!!!!

Rian

Date: April 26, 2007 08:18PM

hey there...sorry about hte tough times right now!!! keep up the trying though you will get through this i a here for ya!! take care hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 03:54AM

it's ok Rian- just take it one day at a time. your body will let you know how far it wants to go with this. you just have to do what you feel comfortable with. even if you eat fish & chips after eating raw foods all day, you still ate raw most of the day and that is something to be proud of. you will get there when you're ready!

i have a feeling the my email account is being weird, b/c i didn't get an email from you and other people have told me they tried to send things that didn't go through sad smiley my other email address is cperkie257@yahoo.com if you want to try that one instead! thanks again for sending that to me, i can't wait to read it!

just keep thinking positively and doing what feels right to you- and remember that we are all in this together!

Date: April 27, 2007 05:03AM

heyhun how was your day today??? i hope today was better for you....take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 06:29PM

well, all day on fruit at work. fine, no probs. came home, I was doing great. Cooked for the kids... left overs, had a taste and there, finished the chips, had some of the fish, my belly aching. Also I was going to go to gym while my kids at cricket, but I found out in last min that they were playing at a different venue so on top of that no exercise today... NOw I'm tired and down...

Thank you all for your support!

love,
Rian xxxx

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 28, 2007 01:57AM

Hi Rian! Thought I'd stop in and say thanks for the kind words on my diary and that I empathize with your plight.

I'll go back and read some of your diary..to catch up. I should be doing the raw foods without such big problems, but it is a struggle right now.

We'll stick together and get thru it to where we want to be. I've done it before, I can do it again, and if I can do it..well you know the restsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: April 28, 2007 04:00AM

Hey there gal....well hang in there you are doing good...it takes time..progress not perfection..you ate all raw ALL day till dinner that is an acoomplishment and awesomeness!!! keep it up hun and don't be down i am here for ya!! you are doing great...hey keep your chin up!!
have a great night and day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 09:18PM

Hi gals! Thank you for your support. I have had a truly difficult weekend... BUt I managed to stay 100% raw!!!! I am quite pleased with myself, well,in that respect. there were some awesome cakes at my centre today, but luckily there were some apples and a pineapple, so I munched my way on them and out of temptation! Also last nigght, aafter being really good, I was tired and clearing my handbag I found a chocolate I got in a hotel in Rome... I unwrapped it, guided it into my mouth, only to see my 9 year old leap onto me and literally take it away from me as it reached my lips... it was so sweet!

So I am mentally and emotionally exhausted but I am doing well on food, well, that's something.

I'll post in your threads tomorrow girls. NOw I am literally finished.

Love,

Rianxxxx

Date: April 30, 2007 02:30AM

Hey there....yay you for doing so good...and gotta love the kids love of chocolate haha...that helps you out....but don't let them have too much either haha.....well hun take care and have a wonderful week and congrats again on doing so well this weekend didn't you feel so wonderfuL?? wow that is awesome you should feel soooo proud of you cuz i do!!! take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 11:40AM

hi all! I've been doing quite well, although yesterday I did cabbage and garlic and carrot with soem lemon juice and then I FELT very nauseous, dont know why, maybe the garlic? I rarely have any. ANyway, ive had some trying few days (my car broke down and all) but I managed to be more or less 100% raw, well, I did nibble at some cooked veggies with sauce from my kids, but I resisted the chocolate.

My newly found resistance is coming from the knowledge that if I eat something, I will ache the next night/day, so that really makes me think twice now. Im pleased about that, because its knowledge and fear that stops me rather than sheer will power, which is a lot harder.

Anyway, I'm at work, so better get back on to it.

Love and gratitude,
Rian

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:17PM

Oh yes..what we eat just the day before really shows up in the morning upon waking. It shows especially around my eyes..puffy,crusty, dark..not good things.

It is a battle with oneself to stay on a healthy routine, and I can't figure out why I do that to myself..it's self-inflicted pain and injury to eat crap and feel bad.

At least I'm still at the stage that if I go off eating healthy, the results show up the next day, so makes you want to get right back to high raw.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 02, 2007 07:51PM

Hi there hun..yay you for doing so well and really grwoing in your journey!! that is sooo exciting......i am soo happy for you!!! have a wonderful day hun and keep on keeping on!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:06PM

hey hun just stopping by to say hi and see how all was going...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 12:51PM

Hi ya all! well, we've had a long weekend here and I've had a great time< awesome, met my boyfrined bro &sis, went to theater, to the zoo... unfortunately, we also went to all kinds of restaurants. I started with good intentions and even didnt have much in the chinese, but then it all went to pot, had sandwiches, chocolate cake, chese cake, lemonade, the lot.

after a few days you dont even feel that bed either... so today trying to be good on fruit. the thing is this diet is very anti social as much as you go to places with your friends where there is just nothing healthy we can eat (i was so shocked the zoo was the worst!!!!) and then what?

anyway, at least I wont see my boyfriend until Sat so I can get back on tracks till then. I know you dodnt think its a good sign dear earthangel, but I think for the mo i have to try to be good when by myslef and let go a little with boyfriend and family...

Love,
Rian

Date: May 08, 2007 07:41PM

hey hun....well i am glad you had a great weekend with your family and friends!! sounds like a lot of fun!!! take care of yourself and as long as you are loving yourself and doing good by you..then everything is good..we are all different and have differeent wants needs and choices!!
take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 04:53AM

hey rian, how's it going?

i know how hard it can be when eating out or eating with others. i'm lucky that my close friends really understand and support my raw food journey- most of them think it's really cool and tell me i'm looking better than ever. but still it's tough when there's not much you can eat on a menu or when you're out all day. i bring stuff with me- usually a couple apples and bananas, or maybe a lara bar if i'll be gone for longer. one of my friends even brings fruit too and we share smiling smiley i'm also lucky that there are lots of juice bars and raw cafes in los angeles where i live, and people are more open to eating healthy, live foods. i just hope your friends and boyfriend can start being more supportive- change is always hard on people who love you b/c they want you to stay the way you are. but maybe once they see how great you feel on raw, they'll loosen up a little. who knows, you might even inspire them to eat more raw foods!

i hope things are going well for you and you come back and update soon!

Date: May 13, 2007 06:13AM

hey rian...did you get my email hun??? i hope all is well with you!! come back and let us know how you are doing..i miss ya!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 10:20AM

hey again..well i sent someone else the book and now like 2 out of the 5 i have sent it to need passwords...mine included haha i tried opening mine today and asked for a password..i figured it out though i just kept trying things haha..it is rawfood so now you should be able to open the ann wigmore book!! enjoy haha sorry it took so long for my computer not so savvy self to figure out!!
love earthangel
xoxxooxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 06:33AM

hey hun..just wanted to say hello and say i was thinking of you and hoping all is well with your world!!! bless you and your family!!
take care
love always earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:43AM

Namaste

eat salads - leave off the croutons and cooked parts - don't posh affairs usually
have some type of vegetable tray ? Where there is a will there is a way.

OM

Date: May 17, 2007 08:57AM

hey hun hope all is well with you!! just stopping in to say hi....
love earthangel
xoxoxo
P.s. guru-g i see you have been lurking a lot you should start up your own diary smiling smiley

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 09:08PM

hi GAls! Soz I've been away for so long, I'm pretty disgusted with myself. It is not going too well... I spend my week days, more or less getting back into shape, with daily detoxing from weekend. Then I go out with boyfriend or somethinor I mix with other people eating and it all goes to pot. I binge, furiously eating all the things I know I shouldnt eat, Thinking: "tomorrow I'l fast, but today I'll make sure I eat all the things I know I wont be able to tomorrow". i am a little worried as it is getting out of hand... HAd a dinner party on Sat, ate so so much of all kinds, today: coke, cake, actually 3 super cakes, one of them a left over since Wednesday!!!! I feel bloated, fat and a total failure.

Any ideas?

Rian.x

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables