Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to go 100% raw AGAIN
Posted by: Tadey ()
Date: March 15, 2007 02:00PM

I posted this in the Raw Diary I don't see it so I'll do it again.

I have been raw fore 2 weeks. So far I don't have a taste for cooked food

I hope that will last.

Found out I'm Diabetic type2 (1-19-07) where do I start I haven't done living foods in years I'm lost I don't see any fourms that deal with living foods for diabetes. Are there any diabetics on this forum. At times I still get a little light headed but I want to stay on this living food path. When I had tried this before my head felt like someone had open it and taken out all of the cobb webs and I could think much better. I'm hopeing to fell like this again. My 13 year old has asthma but I know that I have to start with myself first. All that I can get her to eat is lettuce and 1 bananna a day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to go 100% raw AGAIN
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 15, 2007 06:47PM

Hey there...your old posts are way down at the bottom the ones that are used frequently are at the top....but hey you got a new one and welcome back to the forum......hmm i am a type 1 diabetic and doing 100% raw....but there aren't seperate forums no i think just beacuse especially with type 2 it has a lot of do with exercise and eating habits to help your blood sugars that once you go raw and stick with it...type 2 goes away from many people i know and their expereience with raw and type 2....myself i am still taking small amounts of insulin to control my blood sugar but the amount has lowered a lot and so that is something i am still working on!!
congrats on everything you are doing great....and hopefull your daughter will start to love raw like you!!
but hey you are doing amazing by setting the example for her...way to go for you!! how awesome
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 15, 2007 07:06PM

Sachelle

Thanks fo telling me about what happen to my post. I'm glad that you're doing great with the raw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 07:10PM by Tadey.

Date: March 15, 2007 07:10PM

Hi there....well some say stay away from fruit others say it is fine...i personally am staying away from TOO much fruit...at first i ate a lot and then i decided to slowly incorporate them back...especially with type 2 you want to get the blood glucose under control first and that is usually with less fruits and more greens and veggies!! but good fruits are grapefruits...melons...berries that sort of thing.....eat a lot of dark leafy greens and veggies with moderate fruit then addmore in...because it will give you body time to adjust and lower the glucose already in your bloodstream and then you will be able to handle fruits better...but that is just in my opinion and what i have got from reading others post.....so i am no expert...and i have een raw for 7 weeks yesterday!!!
keep up the good work
love sachelle
oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 15, 2007 07:12PM

Thanks

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 15, 2007 11:12PM

DEAREST TADEY- i was pre-diabetic and 245 pounds and they thought i had cancer and was laid up all the time with pain with arthritis and also on high chloresteral meds(lipitor) and also high blood pressure.i had to move from a home i loved dearly. a 100 yr old house in the historic district in oregon. i loved it so.too many stairs and too big a lot and i was always hurting.well-the dr. said no sugar or i will be having to be on diabetes medicine.and go low fat. well-from oct.18th to now i have lost 75 pounds. i could barely walk. i have arthritis in my spine and neck and legs.the dr. said walk 30 minutes every nite.i started out with baby steps.and going raw.stick with it.u can do it. i promise i am the weakest of the weak.but it feels so good. i gradually increased my exercise daily.it hurt at first and i sort of went slow.i also went vegetarian-then vegan and then raw. i have some problems with raw. like the salads -if i eat too much-they bunch up in my gutts and don't digest too easily.i think i need a salad dressing to help things go thru.anyway-no meds for this gal now. i am doing kickboxing dvd's and walking at least 5 miles every day i can.like 3 -4 times a week.other days i do a walking dvd of 3 miles.it seems like alot but baby steps and it helps and u can do it.usually people who get diabetis then get high blood pressure.u don't want to be on a rounder of meds. so i congradulate u for doing this major wonderful for your body step. i applaud u.hugs and take care and u will do good i am sure.many hugs-taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 16, 2007 12:13AM

Taylor

Great job. You have come a long way. I'm glad you said baby steps. Everything hurts.When you say you're the weakest your other twin must live in my house(me).You're off your meds GREAT. I also did the 3 mile dvd I would get up early just for that it felt so good. Now I can barley stand for 10 mins. Seeing how you said salads hurt your gutts maybe you can try Green smoothies. I have lots of chest pain but it seems to have easy up with me drinking my salads instead.

Sachelle

I'm so glad I'll be able to eat fruit again. 7 weeks raw that is so great Sachelle. I put one banana in with my green smoothie and a couple of strawberries. I stared to read your diary I have a lot to catch up with. Thanks for your opinion(smile).

Date: March 16, 2007 03:26AM

Hi there....you are doing so great....just diving into raw is an amazing accomplishment...i meet so many people who want to know about it and think it is good but they can't do it or it doesn't work for them or what not and that is just denial and it is hard i think to go raw and i applaud anyone who makes the effort.....it is just amazing to me the strength it takes to take that first step...like an alcholic walking into their first AA class you kno??? well thank you for reading my journal....i post everything in there....i will even post my blood sugars if you would like so that way you can see what mine do with what i eat and what not.....yes you can eat fruit and i am glad you are so happy about that!!! you are going to feel amazing...but truth is at first you might get sick from detox you will ache and hurt but then it will be gone....the first week i went raw i had the worst back pain in the world i coudlnt' stand i couldn't move i could only lean all the way to my right side to walk to the bathroom...i coudln't do anything....and they say one of the signs of detox is the lower back pain because a lot of the toxins are around there and moving through...it was horrible. but i got through it as i know you will too..i believe in you and am sending you good vibes for a healthy raw life!!
keep us posted
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 16, 2007 09:47AM

tadey-i think the smater people of this site-say Bryan and uti and all the wise ones were right. i found out something about the diegestive problems with my gutts and salads-it is a sign of detox.at the time i asked them about this-they told me what to do.i did not understand.i got the juicemans cookbook and it is a sign of detox.i never knew. yes tadey! i think the green smoothies are the way to go/or to add dressing to my salads as i have just been adding lemon juice.tadey-u are doing great too.what made u decide or think of going raw?have u had prior experience with being raw?i took myself off the lipitor cause it hurt my muscles so bad and i already had too much pain.when i told the dr. i took myself off-she had seen i was loosing and serious.she said-its ok cause if u do a lifestyle change of watching what u eat and exercise-u will be ok.i haave pain now tadey but it is more with-in the range of "normal" for osteoarthritis.u know!when i first started the 3 mile dvd-i got thru the first half mile and got wounded and did not do that dvd for like a month.cause my body had gotten so bad.it is not totally cause i just let that happen.i was doing laundry in a nursing home for 80 and it was so tuff. i think some kind of acid formed all the time in my body that caused muscle pain all the time.then yrs of old people and helping them and them pulling on me...plus getting older-made my body in horrid pain.now i whip about.do this and that. it is wonderful.good luck tadey.u can do it.hugs taylor

Date: March 17, 2007 02:43PM

At one time I try raw for 6 months (long time ago) I don't know how I every did it.
I been trying over and over. I guess what messes me up is I don't drive and it's not always easy for me to get to the store. And when I do get there things can be sky high. Well I'm trying again this time because I'm diabetic TYPE 2. I get chest pain alot at times. I've been out of work over 6 months so I guess this is the best time to be RAW.

Last night my sugar was 103

This morning it was 88 that's the lowest it's ever been.

Date: March 17, 2007 06:00PM

Hi there.....well keep tring keep trying that is all you can do...they say it is harder to go raw the second time around because of the cooked food addiction so i am sure you are going through some tough times.....keep at it though.....your blood sugars are really good...so you must still be in the borderline stage...which is so good because you can still take charge and keep it in control with the diet and exercise...so attack now while you can!!! and keep upt he good work..
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 04:35PM

Well today I'm 16 days 100% raw. So far I have 3 green smoothies a day with a bananna. And I now have a small handful of raw nuts. I use to get full by that but now I'm starting to get more hungry for more food. Being a diabetic I'm still not to sure of how much fruit I can have. I went to DR. Grahams site but I still clearly don't understand the 80/10/10 diet. They say you can have fruit but what kind of fruit. I don't want to buy the book if it doesn't apply to me. I'm still unable to work so 30 dollars is a lot for a book I'm not sure of. But if the diet
applys to diabetic it is worth it. I hope I can stay 100% raw.

Last night my sugar was 97

This morning 105

Date: March 22, 2007 05:00PM

tadey-that is so wonderful.good for you. i don't have the dr. graham book either.wish i did.well-maybe someone else will know.i know sachelle eats fruit.well good luck and good job.hugs taylor

Date: March 23, 2007 06:03AM

hey there.....i don't have the book either and wish i did....it sounds like it is a really really good book......i am sure it has amazig info in it....go to the main forum and ask about it...they are sure to respond a lot of the people on here are doing the book way.....so try that...your blood sugars have been great!! keep up the good work...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:41AM

hi my sugar buddy haha....how are you doing on your raw journey???? or life in general...i hope your diabetes is under control and you are doing well!! please let me know how you are..i am here for ya no matter raw or not...i am a support buddy for all lifestyles and food choices!!
take care
love always earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 17, 2007 01:28PM

Hi All

I'm doing find what about yourselves I brought the book 80/10/10 I'm trying to beat being a diabetic type 2. So I ve joined the bandwagon of 80/10/10 I'll to see how far I can go and try not to beat myself up. As you can see I'm not good at posting. I never have much to say so I feel why bother hopefully that will change.
Thanks for asking.
tadey

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 18, 2007 03:04AM

well hey there...good job...you are doing well still awesome awesome..and trying to beat the type 2 that is great....i wish you all the best!! take care and keep on keeping on...
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables