Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My raw life and times
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2007 11:52AM

Hiya, everyone - I'd only been 100% for a few days, and then I checked my weight. I was really crestfallen - I'd gained weight, even though I'd barely made 700 calories a day, eating all I wanted to - not just in the scale, but I looked so much fatter. So I binged on quinoa pagodas and olive oil and peas - I feel like @#$%&! Mentally and physically. I don't even feel safe now - my mum says it is "monthly" weight gain and munchies. I look forward to the day I have been steadily raw so that these "monthly" things never happen again. Anyhow, I am trying Day 1 again today. I just hope the day ends well. I got back into yoga the other day, in preparation for getting back into dance, but I feel too ucky today to do anything with my body.

It's not exactly raw, but I am going to start making goji berry tea - you take raw dried organic Tibetan goji berries, put them in a cup, pour boiling water on them, and then let it cool. Then you drink it. That's the idea, but I think I might jst soak them in water that hasn't been boiled and drink the water. That way I can feel there's been NO heat destruction.

Goji berries are SOOO hyped, like all that stuff; in my opinion, it is a rip-off, but I am always one for "doing the same things over and over and expecting different results" - who was it who said that is a perfection definition of insanity?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My raw life and times
Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: March 16, 2007 07:10PM

Hey, you know [I hope you got my pm] someone named Dr. Flora used to post here about how drinking fresh pineapple juice on an empty stomach washes away all the effects of having eaten cooked food the day before; so there is no need for worry afterwards. I'm sorry that you don't feel safe, and didn't like what you saw in the mirror; I've done exactly what you described many, many times in the past, and it was a very sad journey. I hope you will feel better by tomorrow. Soaking the berries instead of boiling them is definitely better...

take care.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 16, 2007 08:23PM

Hey girl glad to have you back smiling smiley...........you are doing great...and don't let the tough times get you down....you will be just fine....you know we are always here for you....take care hun!!!....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: March 19, 2007 03:33AM

Are you still here? Why would you be banned AGAIN? You didn't do anything except make fun of RG with me, and I'm still here.

I hope you are alright; even if you aren't doing so well with raw, we will support you.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 19, 2007 08:22AM

Meg??? i am a little worried well a lot...let us know you are alive please...i called you earlier today and text you but no answer..hmm little odd...
hope all is well we are here for you
love sachelle
xoxoxoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables