Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Support to loose weight after trip
Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 17, 2007 01:27AM

I just got back from a 9 day trip,and I was great. I fell very good,but I gain some weight (dont understand that because I ate a lot of salad,but I got some sweet stuff too.) Well,I'm on a raw "diet" now,meaning only salads and little fruit.
That is difficult because I love sweet treats.
Please,it someone could give me any insight I'd appreciate that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Support to loose weight after trip
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 17, 2007 03:41AM

Hi there welcome and congrats....are you going raw to only lose the weight from trip or are yous tarting your raw journey for life??? were you raw on the trip....it is the stuff added to the greens and the fattening cooked dressings that get people all the time...i tell ya .haha...well you are going to love the raw life...salads without dressing become so yummy!!
goodluck and keep us posted....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 17, 2007 03:21PM

hi sachelle. thanks for writing me. i was already raw for 3 months before the trip,since january,and i was a kind of scary to going off,but i ate only raw. i had a lot of pure orange juice,grapefruit,and a lot of raw treats,nuts,and no exercise at all. salads with olive oil.
i made a lot of raw bread to take with me and i ate all of it.

do you eat salads without oil?

i was 8 years vegetarian and was thinking a long ago starting the raw food.
i'm practically raw now,but that was my first trip,and that was a big deal for me.
now i know how to deal with it in restaurants. you have to really check on the menu and salads,because if not you are going to take evrything out of the salad and eat nothing at the end.

i'm not raw because i want to loose weight,but i gain 5 pounds on this trip.
strange. i believe that was because i ate a lot of nuts and raw treats.

Date: March 17, 2007 05:54PM

hi there.....well i am glad you are doing well and wanting to be raw for life....i was wondering cuz your first post stated for weight loss from trip so i was concerned haha...hmm yeah if you ate some cooked though that could cause the weight gain...but oh well it was a trip you had fun...and now you are back in the real world and trying that is what counts!!!! to answer your question noi don't eat salads with oil on them...i eat plain greens...i don't do nuts,dehydrated items,sugars like agave or dates, sweets, or oils.....the only fat i do do is an occasional avocado or 1/2 of one.......i try to stay away from all that stuff...i like to stick witht he more natural part of it...occasionally like at the raw food potluck here once a month i might have a taste of something with oil or small amount of nuts...just depends!!
well keep up the good work
love sachelle
oxoxoxoxoxoxx

Date: March 17, 2007 11:40PM

very interesting. you don't eat nuts,sweets,oils...wow!! how do you do it?
i love sweet stuff,like nuts with dates and cacao,or a banana with cacao on the dehydrater,kind of fruit leather.
i was doing a lot of agave,honey and maple syrup but now i'll eat only dates,apricots and figs.
i drink a lot of green juice and fruit juice.
on my trip i did drink a lot of orange and grapefruit juice, a lot,almost 1/2 gallon a day.
avocado i like it with honey,but now with dates. i don't like it like guacamole,avocado is a dessert for me,or i eat it alone.
i've never been to a raw potluck,must be interesting.
how long have you been raw? do you feel amazingly good?
what makes me keep on it is the amazing feeling.
i'm going to try to do like you,just greens,and some fruits.
xoxoxoxo
cy

Date: March 18, 2007 12:49AM

Hi there....well to each their own....good luck with going simpler...it is a transition thing dn't jump into it if you are used to more things that are heavier so that you slip and go back to cooked you know??? so anyways that is awesome you have gone down to just dates figs and what not......oh potlucks are great i love them.....my favorite one is the one by my house herei n san diego...but the carlsbad one was nice as well....it was good to see prism there though....she is so sweet and so beautiful inside and out....it was just a pleasure meeting her...
hmm well good luck with everything and take care you are doing awesome
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo
P.S. i have been raw for 7 weeks now and i do feel amazing i love it....it really is a great thing and i will never not be raw...

Date: March 18, 2007 01:22AM

Hi sachelle,thanks again. i'll do that,i'll go slowlly to the simple food.
i believe that i'll stay raw also because it is an amazing feeling.
here in westchester,ny,i dont know any potluck,but maybe one day i'll meet some raw people here. i'm new on this raw business,but i feel that it has been forever.
i dont have any cooked food cravings anymore,but i still like a lot of nuts and sweets raw stuff.
one day i'll get there,on simple kind of eating.
thanks a lot
love cy

Date: March 18, 2007 01:31AM

congrats that is amazing and you are doing so great....you should look your town up on the meetup website..it is www.meetup.com and you just enter in your search like manchester raw food potluck and see what is closest to you!!!
keep it up and congrats again on the awesome job
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 18, 2007 09:00PM

Hi Sachelle. Thanks. I went to meetup site and signed up for a potluck in Connecticut,Trumbull,near here. I'm very excited about that,and hope they call me soon.Thanks again and again,you are a very wonderful and sweet person.

Date: March 18, 2007 09:25PM

Hey there...well no problem glad you found a meetup near you!!! they are so fun and it is great because you meet other like minded people and get to be around raw people in person and discuss things and just interact....great way to meet other raw foodies!!!! congrats on signing up to go.......and thank you you are doing amazing and you have such drive and strength..those are wonderful qualities to have....keep up your awesome raw journey...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 18, 2007 11:36PM

HI there. Just wanted to say hello. Sounds like you are doing well. Good luck with it all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 19, 2007 04:43AM

Thanks again Sachelle.You gave me a lot of support.I really appreciate that.

And thanks Starfruit. Nice of you to say hello.

Love and XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO,
cy

Date: March 19, 2007 08:36AM

Hi there...how was your day...no problem that is what we are all here for support....and help...and you are doing really really well...keep upthe good work!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 19, 2007 05:43PM

Hi Sachelle...my day yesterday went fine.I'm doing a lot of smoothies with greens and fruits.I might do a green and fruit juice fasting for a week.Just thinking for now.Today I had another fruit smoothie with coconut butter for breakfast,and I tell you, that was delicious!!!! I'm completly ok with this diet,and I'm feeling great,but a great feeling with peace,not excitment,but peace and calm.I like that much better because I am very energetic. I did return to my 1 hour walking evry day,and I will do some yoga today (it's been 2 months that I completly left the yoga,oh my !!!! ).
You know,that trip taught me a lot,that I can take care of myself and I don't need to be afraid of eating bad stuff.My primary thinking is if you feel good it is because you are in the right path.If your body feel good,you are calm,your mind is clear,it's because you are doing well.
Thanks a lot for asking,you are very, very sweet.And how are you?How was your day ?And how are you feeling today? Hope evrything is wonderful with you.
love and xxxxxxxxoooooo
cy

Date: March 19, 2007 07:28PM

HI there CY well congrats on going back to your daily walking and yoga that is amazing...i love yoga it makes me feel so calm and serene...it is wonderful....do you do it at home to a video or go to a studio or gym????
Hmm i love green smoothies haha...you are getting your greens in a unusual tasting smoothie...although ihaven't had one in about 2 days i don't know why...i have been having all my greens in kale at the place down the road from me....like 6 cups a day haha so i think i am getting plenty of greens in huh??? well my day is good so far.....woke up.....ate some zucchini and made up raw sauce that was only good on the zucchini haha...so i will have to decide what to do with the rest of it.....and i am getting ready to go pick up a bowl of kale to take to work with me...maybe i will skip it today though....and save my money and get one tomorrow......well have a wonderful rest of the day!! hope all is well....take care and talk with you soon!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 20, 2007 12:39AM

Hi Sachelle. I do Yoga with a video,or sometimes with Priscila Patrick from the TV channel 25,NJ. It's a free channel that has a lot of public programs,and she is awsome. But sometimes I do alone.A long time I don't go to a studio.I prefer to be by myself.I walk on a treadmill too.I love tredmill.I don't know anybody else that likes it,but I do.For me is a meditation.I walk and meditate.

Did you make the sauce with tomatoes? You can use it with the kale.
If you take the kale's spine,the thing in the middle,I don't know the name,and stay only with the leaves,you can put some celtic sea salt and tomatoes.Delicious!!! I do this and love it.

I will do celery and cucumber juice evry day now for detox.
Talk with you soon too,
Love and xxxxxxxoooooo,
Cy

Date: March 20, 2007 05:40AM

HI there...yes i made the sauce with tomatos they aren't my favorite unless they are the l ittle grape ones then lately i love them...otherwise i dont like tomatoes and i don't like the sauces with sun dried tomatos so much either haha...aww what a mess...hmm that sounds yummy...i will try that....thanks for the tip...keep up the good work...and good for you doing yoga and loving the treadmill...take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxx

Date: March 21, 2007 03:55AM

Thanks.I'll do my best to keep up the good work,in evrything.
Take care you too
love xxxxxoooooo
Cy

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:31AM

hi cy-taylor here.u are doing so great.the hour walk is what i do-it sure is wonderful.i ahve become addcited to walking out in the air and even exercise. sometimes it is hard for me to get going...but once i do.it is great.do u make your own bread?it is very easy.i too was a vegetarian for yrs and yrs.then vegan.i am on a weight loss program. i too am like sachelle...eating only fruit and veggies-some times i eat a tiny amount of tahini or nuts.or an avocado but basically stay away from those high cal. things. how much weight do u want to loose or it is that u just do not want to gain?well good luck and good job.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 21, 2007 06:08PM

hi there hun...well i am sure youare doing wonderful and sticking withit....i know you can do it!!! isn't it amazing on different you feel when you eat one bit of cooked food?? amazing how yucky it can make you feel....Taylor girl you gave up dehydrated things too??? that is soo great i didn't know that....that is awesome...i like to stick with just stuff simple like it grows without alterations in it...like nuts oils,and dehydrating stuff so congrats girl glad to hear that!!!
well cy take care and i will talk to you soon!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 03:15AM

Hi Taylor, great that you like to walk too. I am addicted too,I have to walk evry day or I feel very deprived. I do stretch and do yoga,but I have to come back
with my normal yoga hours. Latelly I'm doing very little of yoga and stretching.
I do make my bread, (flax seed + sunflower seed+ onion or zucchini and dehydrator)very good,but latelly I'm only on salads,green and fruit juices for weight lost.
I want to loose 5 pounds,just because I ate a lot on my trip.I brought so many raw breads,raw sweets and treats and they were so good that I ate evrything not thinking about anything. So,now it's just greens,majority. I'm ok with my weigh,I'm 5'7' and 135 pounds (140 now )or 138 since yesterday. I'm feeling ok,but I really want to loose that excess weigh,or even get to 130 pounds. That would be my limit,130 pounds would be good forever. I'm doing evrything slowlly now.Before I would be crazy,but now I don't care because I feel that I'm on a healthy path. Even being a vegetarian I've never felt so good as I'm feeling now.Amazing.Thanks a lot for your support.And you too Sachelle. Love,Cy

Date: March 22, 2007 08:44AM

Hey there...another amzing day i see!!!! keep it up....good job...i am soo happy for you...you are so adjusted...you know your limit with your weight and keep it up....that is very inspirational!!
keep up the good work...take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 12:25PM

dear cy...i too,make my raw bread. i add no oil. i just sprout the wheat berries and then let them dry for about 3 hours and then i form and put in the food dryer for about 10 hours.it is so good . i make tiny little buns.i eat one every few days.it is so good.i do a walking dvd and walk outside alot and also a kickbox dvd.u are doing really good.keep up the good work.hugs taylor

Date: March 22, 2007 11:02PM

Hi Taylor and Sachelle,thanks a lot. I'm going to make a flax cracker today.I need some crackers and some pate,maybe hummus.Taylor,your bread looks good.Must be delicious with tomatoes on the top. I have this image of a cracker and a tomato on the top.This is what I want today,and green juice.I already made lemon,arugula,celery,cucumber,apple,pear juice. Amazing !!!!I made 1/2 gallon and I've already drunk evrything.I just love green and fruit juice.It's my favorite thing ever.I'm preparing myself for a veggie and fruit fasting,but I don't know when I'm going to do it.I'm waiting for the right time,let's see.
Ok,talk with you later,hugs xxxxxooooooo Cy

Date: March 23, 2007 12:24AM

Dearest cy-u do so good.i love the bread.it is so good.i love the crackers too. i made some cookies so i could get some omega's.it was walnuts and dates and flax seed and apple cookies and i put them in the food dryer.so good.probably alot of cals.so i just have 2 with a cup of roma.i need to juice but have been doing the slimfast thing.it has everything in it and i can see what cals i am getting.u do real good.the crackers sound good. i love flax seed too.hugs taylor

Date: March 23, 2007 04:12AM

Taylor, I do apple,pear and flax seed on the blender,than I sprinkle walnuts and sometimes raisins for my breakfast. This is a wonderful way to get a lot of flax.Or you could just make an apple sauce and flax.I love flax seed too. Your cookie looks good...hummm. I try to juice evryday because I love the sensation that it does.And a natural juice is the best thing in the worl! Good that you are doing fine too.I'll try to make your bread for next week.Now I have my flax crackers for tomorrow with tomatoes ...hummmm.I'm looking very much forward to it.
hugs and xxxxoooooo,cy

Date: March 23, 2007 05:54AM

hey there you are doing amazing....keep up the good work you are doing so well!! i am soooo proud of you...keep up the amazing work......
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox
hmm your green juice sounds yummy!!! that is awesome you are waiting for the right time to do a whole juice fast...listening to your body that is great!!!
i am very proud of you!

Date: March 23, 2007 11:43PM

Thanks Sachelle. I fell good too,means that I'm really in the wright path.
Today,though, I did overdue on my juice: celery,arugula,cilantro,tomato,carrots,pear,apple and lemom. Very srong !!! Wow !!! The cilantro takes over the taste of evrything.
But my flax crackers and my hummus were amazing !!! Also,I ate the crackers with avocado this morming and that alone was the most delicious ever !
Yes,when we follw our body we don't get wrong,umbelievable.

Thanks a lot Sachelle and Taylor.Great support you give me.

Date: March 24, 2007 06:26AM

Hey ther.e...wow what a wonderful day you had!! awesome keep up the good work..your flax and avo sound yummy!!!keep listening to your body and you will be fine
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 24, 2007 08:51PM

Thanks Sachelle.It is what I'm doing now,listening to my body.I was on the post office and it has a pizza place near it,and the smell was amazing,than the first thing that I did was imagine a huge salad bowl with a lot of olives,tomatoes,sprouts,.....huge,and that was wonderful because I got home and had the salad with evrything and a veggie drink,celery,cucumber,apple,lemon,and a little wheat grass. Just great!!!
I believe that our imagination help us to get off trouble (cooked food).Just imagine a wonderful raw dish and evrything else fades out.
Much love xxxxOOOOOO
Cy

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables