Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Let's Do This
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2007 07:02PM

Today is not day 1 of my new raw life, but day 0. I've been eating mostly raw the past few days, but didn't make the decision to go raw until today. Actually, only about half an hour ago reading the stories posted and finding out how supportive the group is here.
I've been vegan since last summer and have been thinking about going raw for almost as long. I thought about going raw for a week to detox and see if I liked it, but while planning that I decided if I went raw, I was going to stay raw.
One of the main reasons I want to eat raw is because of energy, or rather, my lack thereof. I'm badly asthmatic and would like nothing more than to get back into shape. Before I got asthma (caused by a really bad cold) I took kickboxing. I miss kickboxing, and running, and being able to breath. Breathing was so nice, and even my medications barely help when I'm exercising, even though exercise is the best way to cure asthma.
I do have a lot of cooked foods in my house, but like when I went vegan, the food I don't want to eat anymore will wind up at my mother's.
I know it'll be a while before I can be 100% raw. I do have pretty good will-power and won't cave to nasty non-vegan foods ever. Put a soda in front of me and all bets are off. I'm addicted to caffeine. Hopefully following a raw diet will at least counteract that smiling smiley
Anyways, wish me luck!
~T

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's Do This
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 23, 2007 08:16PM

Hi there...welcome to the group and congrats on your decision to go raw..it is amazing and you will feel so much better soon!! and you will be able to run and do kickboxing again!!!!!
hmm well start slowly if you need to and transition into it! good luck with everything and again welcome
we are always here for support and to help one another out....it s like a little family in the diary section we look forward to adding you too!!
love sachelle
xoxooxoxoxoxxo

Date: March 25, 2007 02:15PM

Thanks sachelle! I'll need all the support I can get since I'm the only vegan, much less raw foodist, that I know!

Day one did not go so well. I was doing great eating raw, tons of fruits and veggies, but as the evening wore on I found myself eating non-raw and even non-vegan (I still feel sick from it).

First there was the beer, but that's not what makes me feel ill right now. One of our dogs was hit by a very slow moving car, and I had to take her to the ER vets at 10PM. We decided to grab some food while waiting for the vets to finish to take our minds off it, and the only thing open we could agree on was Burger King. I ate bread with traces of mayo on it (I wiped most of it off after a few bites) and french fries. Ugh.

At least I really don't want cooked food anymore.

Oh, and the dog's fine!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 25, 2007 04:24PM

4verity

i'm glad your dog is doing okay
what a scary thing

those da---ng cars!

ha ha.. what u said about the french fries and bread with mayo
that doesn't sound very appetiziing no wonder u got turned off afterwards

i like your signature quote about haning out hanging in and sometimes just hangin

i'm "hangin"

too

hang out in RAWLICIOUS CAPRICIOUS BODACIOUS DOLICIOUS BROCOWOKO CELERICIOUS land

and u won't regret that u did

"hang loose"

and keep yer focus on super color strawberry and fragrant papayas

you'll feel happy afterwards
and laugh all day

Date: March 25, 2007 05:49PM

Hi there hun....sorry to hear about your dog glad he/she is okay now though...yeah stressful times a lot of people revert to cooked for comfort you live and learn!!! you are doing great incorporating so much raw into your life and still transitioning...don't be too hard on yourself today is a new day!!!
take care and good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 28, 2007 02:16PM

Thanks y'all! I've been doing pretty good eating 80-90% raw and haven't been stressing myself if I slip up. Tomorrow is, as always, another day.

I made raw spaghetti sauce and cole slaw. I really want to try fruits and veggies I've never had before, so when I go grocery shopping tonight I'll be picking up strange foods! I bought my first whole pineapple the other day. I love pineapple, and I thought it'd be great to buy a nice raw pineapple and take a huge knife to it. I'm having just as much fun chopping up produce as I am eating it smiling smiley

Things have been pretty stressful the last few days with my car in the shop, and all the plans I have to make. I keep wanting cooked foods simply because it's quick (darn that Taco Bell), but I grab an apple or banana and the craving goes away.

Today's lunch- cole slaw, pineapple, cantelope, carrots, radishes, and a handful of non-raw Bunny Grahams. Snacks- cashew Larabar, apple, and a banana. Yummy banana!

~T

Date: March 28, 2007 06:59PM

HI there...keep it up you are doing great!!! working so hard and eating so great!!! very good...very happy for you..
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:39AM

hey there sunshine where have you been??? well i hope all is well in your corner and if you need it you know i am always here for support!! take care and keep on keeping on
progress not perfection don't stress the slip ups in life it is what makes a wonderful story and journey to share!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables