Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

binge eating on rawfoods!!!help pleez!!
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 01, 2007 08:28PM

hello well, to get right down to it, ive been 100% raw for only a week and hmm 5 days!! woo! lol, well that ended pretty much today because i ate oatmeal not cooked, but watever i kno its not raw,, soo ive been having a real problem with my eating im consuming huge amounts of food, just tons heres an example of one day and ive been doing this for the past 4 days ahh!!

3 really big salads with oil and vinegar, and bean sprouts, onion(im having massive cravings for red onion...?) garlic
3 apples
1 and a half avocados
a cup or 2 of berries
a cup,, or 2 (gawd!) of cherries
tons of raw cocoa nibs, and cocoa powder
1/2 a coconut
1/2 a pineapple
and i think thats it, but my gawd!!! thats only one day its ridiculous!! im all bloated and stuffed, but i just keep eating and eating, its horrible, i was way better all the other days,, well i did just get my period, so maybe thats it but thats still A TON of food,,anyways sorry for ranting on but i really wanted to kno is this normal?? i feel really alone in this, i need some help getting paste this, im feeling really depressed and feeling like eating pizza (my dad owns a pizza place!mgar!) just for the heck of it.
pleez if neone has neadvice it would help soo much,, o and wenever i eat pineapple my lips start too bleed, and i start getting this metal gross taste in my mouth, i dunno wat thats aboot,, so thanks u guys :p

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: binge eating on rawfoods!!!help pleez!!
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 01, 2007 08:35PM

Hi there sunshine!!!! welll lets see....don't get discouraged because you ate someone that was not raw....just move on past it and continue eatin raw...don't let it get you down!!! and a lot of people eat a lot when they first go raw...because you are used to that "full" feeling from cooked food that you can't really get from raw...but as long as you are sticking with raw you are okay...if it helps you do the transition things where you still eat whole grain pasta or steamed veggies!! something to add to your body and fullness so that you don't go back to cooked......you are doing fine don't fret....a lot of people have cravings and what not when they start their body is saying it needs it....i have had grapefruit cravings....tomatos..... cauliflower...and now i am having a kale craving...i have been eating lots of it everyday for the past few weeks....just give your body what it craves and you will know when it no longer craves it it won't taste as good anymore......
well keep on keeping on the raw journey and good luck!!!
you are doing great..just keep it up!!!!
love earth angel!
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 01, 2007 08:46PM

thankyou so much earth angel that really helps :] haha yess i used to get isane grapefruit cravings they are soo good :p you are right, im just the crazy type of person who when slightly falls off the wagon, i tend to punish myself,say by eating bad stuff, and not enjoying the day, its always all or nothing with me, and i hate that im like that, but im trying to change,, but neways lol, thankyou so much your message has really given me a boost, im gunna try and be more positive grinning smiley
thankies :]

Date: April 01, 2007 08:54PM

Hey there hun...well don't worry i am the all or nothing person too...but then i realized on this raw that one bowl of oatmeal is just that....and if you continue eating all raw the rest of the day you are like 85 % still raw which is amazing!! so good for yoU!!! keep up the tremendous work!!! and you can email me anytime you need support!!!
hey where are you from?? how old are you?? just like to know about the person i am talking with haha!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 01, 2007 09:06PM

thankyou earthangel thats so nicesmiling smiley yay raw fiends!:p well i am 17 and i am from jax florida, i used to work at little caesars(my dads restaurant), but recently quit for obvious reasons,, i live close to the beach but never get to go bc i have no car :[ very depressing, but i will have one soon! haha, and i am the only person in my house who is into health foods, which is really tough,, im very thankful for this website, its good not to feel so alone out here :] im trying get myself back after 2 years of extreme depression,, so thats sortof why im doing rawfoods, but its just the health part of it, which im positive will help grinning smiley so where are you from? and have you been raw for a long time? and where do you live? haha sorry for going on like that :p

Date: April 01, 2007 11:50PM

Hi there hun....well congrats for going raw!!!! i am 22 originally from indiana but moved to san diego, ca after high school like 2 days after haha...and have been living out here for 4 years now!!! hmm thinking of moving home though i miss my family a lot....hm i love the beach and try to go often but sometimes i get to busy to actually make it there haha..so i am trying to make more time for it....congrats on the health food thing it is hard when no one you know is doing it or no one in your family....it is really hard being young and raw i think because we have to deal with friends who can still use peer pressure sometimes haha...it is hard to go out and hang out really when raw...i feel the effects but try not to let them bother me......how did you hear aabout raw???that is awesome you are overcoming your depression excellent!! congrats........i am doing this to overcome an ED (eating disorder) and type 1 diabetes, slight kidney failure....and all the other problems that come along with diabetes and ed's....hmm i found out about raw when mymom and i went to a facility for her cancer to help get rid of it...it promotes raw living and lifestyle...so it is eye opening....i have been doing it since January 24th,2007 so not forever but a good amount of time...I went out and bought EVERy book they sell on raw food i think....well i have about 75 books in my bookcase haha....all raw....hmm what else/??? i think that's about it!!!
well can't wait to hear about your raw adventurea and how you found out about raw.......
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 02, 2007 12:11AM

Hey fuzzysox,
How is your raw trip going? I am trying to go raw but every few days seem to find some horrible non raw thing to binge on. It's soooo aggrivating and so I'm scouting out new things and people who inspire me to stick with this. My friends call me Jax, cool city name ha. I'm 19 and I think it's amazing hearing about other young people decide on their own to go raw, the don't know anyone personally in my town who is, do you? And don't worr, you'll make it to the beach eventually...is there a bus route that goes there?

Date: April 02, 2007 12:48AM

ooo national geographic is on i luveth it!!! :p wow earthangel thats so awsome that you moved 2 cali 2 days after graduating,u mustve really had it together!, i really want to go on a roadtrip as soon as i get my car, haha but thats as far as ive planned :p yah it is really hard being young and raw,very hard mainly bc i kno noone around here who is, but hopefully ill find more people and watnot as soon as i get myself a car,, wow your mom has cancer im so sorry, but is she getting well? i hope she is, oh is she doing raw with you thats so great if she is grinning smiley its so crazy how people find out about raw, really ive just kept getting little hints about it throughout the past couple of years,, well firstoff i have always been a sortof health freak since i was 14, i was really trying to look for a solution to a very bad acne problem, but ended up going down a very wrong path, so now im hear starting all over and trying to do it right this time but im glad for the whole thing bc it is wat brought me here grinning smiley i have also had many eating disorders, anorexia, bulemia, and binge eating, they were all ways of trying to control something in my life wen things were so insanely out of control, im sure u understand that,, so u have been eating raw since january that is soo awsome!! grinning smiley have ne of your diabetes symptoms started to fade? im so glad its working for you:} o yes i wanted to buy about 70 books 2 lol but i just dont have the bucks for it :p

Date: April 02, 2007 01:02AM

hi noff, or jax haha wat city do u live in? i feel your pain lol, theres horrible stuff lying around my house, ok weakness= penutbutte&jelly!! my gawd!! ok i must stop thinking about it lol,, oh i know something that might help with the binges tho maybe idk wat kinds of food u like or how much money you hav but if you can get raw cocoa powder from natures first law,, if u dont know about it omgaw it helps alot!! i ran out 4 days ago lol,, but i dunno if u like that stuff, and u have to be sortof creative with it, but if u do need like a pickme up 2 keep yorself from eating junk that stuff is the bomb :} so neways haha its so awsome to find someone my around my age cuz we can relate haha(dork) ,,but no i dont kno neone raw here!(geez) i wishh i did tho, but we both eventually will, :] o no there is no bus routes around here, i sortof live in the countryish, its about 15 minutes from the beach, thats not far at all!! it kills me 2 kno how close i am but i just hae to keep holding on till summer wen i get my liscense (yes stupidly i waited a year after i was 15 to get my permit, poo) but then im going surfing everyday,, so how did u hear about rawfoods?

Date: April 02, 2007 02:26AM

hey there....well you are so positive and upbeat and happy about raw right now that is soooo good!!! i am soo happy for you!!! good luck with this raw adventure...oh yeah i have been through it all in the ED category...but i am learning to focus on other things...well hun i hope all is wellwith you this evening...take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 02, 2007 05:44AM

hey! I live in california, in san luis obispo. It's on the central coast, moved here from the bay area last year. This fall I'm moving on down to LA. I'm sooooo freakin stoked for the move. My best friend lives there and she's always been really into being healthy so...if she doesn't go raw then at least she'll still be a positive influence. LA has a ton more raw people and restaurants than where I live now which excites me like no other...seriously I'm giddy about it. People think I'm utterly crazy when I do a happy dance because the farmers market strawberries were such a good deal or I had a delicious wheatgrass shot. Ya know what, I started the same way as you in my early teens with wanting to get rid of acne but took a detour from health..oooomigosh it shows after a few years. So here I am, 19, excited to be diving head first into this new adventure. yusss raw foods are gonna be rockin my body to sexiiness! And talk about aw cacoa!!! I have it! It's amazing. I made the best chocolate almond with it the other day. After I learned about all the super foods I had to try it. So I splurged on it at the grocery store and whoa, I'm so glad I did. And it definetely aids with my binging, I haven't had it in a week or so and my cravings were on the rise because of it. Oh I'm a total dork too. The most interesting people are dorks really, and I intend to meet as many as I can. So how is your awesome rawness going? You have a favorite food or recipe? At the moment I'm craving frozen persimmons. If you haven't had one, do it! It's an mouthgasm I swear.

Date: April 02, 2007 12:18PM

no i hav never had a persimmon! i almost bought one but i didnt hav enough money :[ well ill get one nexttime,, omgar!! i just saw a bed with a brown bed set on it and i thought it was a giant brownie!! ahahaha..bad,, that is soo kool that ur moving 2 LA , yah LA deffinately has more raw ppls which is awsomegrinning smiley thats so kool that your friend supports u, i wish i had that! but im making friends here so its all good:p ok yes dont feel crazy about the happy dance thing lol, i do it 2 haha yah i guess that officially makes us dorks but watever dorks r kool ;] yah raw cocoa deffinately helps with binging , prolly all that seratonin going crazy in yor head hehe i luff that stuff!! hmm so ru trying 2 lose weight on raw? i am lots, bleh but its falling off so quickly tho its crazy, i lost around 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks!!
craziness!! grinning smiley i really dunno mi favorite food or recipe yet, i love the chocolate mmmmgoood :p but idk yet,, ok so do u go to college? do u kno wat u wunna do, omgosh im so confused i hav no freakin clue wat i wunna do

Date: April 02, 2007 01:48PM

hey there hun....well don't worry about knwoing what you want to do it will ocme to you eventually...if nothing you can start college with a liberal arts schedule smiling smiley...congrats on the weightloss that sounds gret..keep up the aweswome job....how much weight are you trying to lose??? well good luck to you you soound like you are on the right path!
love earth angel
xoooxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxox

Date: April 03, 2007 05:21AM

i have noooo clue what I'm going to do with my life! It's scary but exciting too. Right now I'm at a community college and am not sure whether i want to transfer to a four year school once I have enough credits. I'm saving so so so much money this way and it gives me more time to think about what my next move is school wise. Don't worry if you don't know what you want to do. I'm sittin here in my rooom right now and have asolutely no idea where I'll be in five years or even two. All I know is that I'll be in LA with people I love and will get involved with anything to do with raw food and have the time of my life. One thing I was really interested is going to 'The tree of life cafe" in arizona to learn. I'd have to save up for it, you should check it out if you haven't hear of it, it's awesome. Yeah I'm trying to lose weight too. I have yet to be consistent enough to have lost any...it's so depressing...I have an all or nothin attitude and I wish I could deal with it in a better way than going back to binging. If I lose my way from raw even just a little little bit then I seem to just go down a spiral of non rawness. Soo not fun. That is so so aweome that you lost all that weight!! I salute you! haha. How much do you think you want to lose? I used to be very athletic, swim team, soccer team...not skinny but not much extra blub and now, whoa. I wish it would all just fizzle off of me! I know how this can happen, I'm trying to make it happen. Good job to you though, fabulous. Everytime I hear about someone going through a raw transformation I am so excited for them. My turn! Yeah so how is it out where you are/ sunny? I can't wait til it's hot and I can go to te beach and dance around with my raw sexy body in a cute suit. So, what's your super inspiration that keeps you on your raw path? you are doing so well!

Date: April 03, 2007 01:00PM

haha wow omg ya im so glad u said u dont kno wat u wunna do bc i feel not alot of ppl feel like that here, like i hav absolutely no idea, i dont even kno if i wunna go to college (but i prolly will) the only thing i do kno is that im going to travel as much as i can b4 i hav 2 go to college, and i cant wait!!waah!! well wat do you wunt your career to be? yes i heard about the tree of life cafe it sounds soo awsome!! but it would be a while b4 i saved up any kind of money for that lol but i am so gunna go there once i save up grinning smiley wunna do a raw retreat in another country!! that would b awsome haha:p no !!! i am a all or nothing kindof person 2 blah! i can go 100% for like 2 weeks and then its always the second week where i get completely out of control and binge eat on things i dont even like, wtfo? but dont feel bad, i guess its just a part of the cycle, eventually i hope it will b the 3rd week and then i can make it a month and then eventually i wont even really have any sort of craving and ill b able to control myself more, its soo hard wen u live with junkfood junkies cuz its everywhere!!! right wen i walk downstairs its all yeling at me saying come eat me! and i point and say u r lying, begoone! haha lol no i dontt say that but ya its so hard,, also my sister eats watever the hell she wants and shes like a stick and i get overweight, horrid acne, and a few other things that are absolutely to horrible 2 put on here garsh!! omgosh u were athletic 2 so was i !!! grr!! thats so awsome that u did all those things i was on swimteam 2, and i was on a gymnastics team,, i used 2 b buff lol, it was actually emberrasing for a girl, but like 20 pushups in a row, climb a rope to the ceiling with no leggs buff it was awsome i could do nething,, but now its like where did i go?? it sux,, i kno how u feelbut yes i agree this is totally the answer dietery wise, i wanna b sexy by summer 2!!! gaww!! haha u can make it!!!grinning smiley i kno im so impatient so im like gimme results now! maybe thats y i get a lil depressed,,gotta work on the patience thing. so my raw inspiration is alot of things, i want to solve my food issues, i wunna feel like myself again, i wunna b strong like i was, oh and i want my confidence back, which i absolutely have none of so ya i hope that answers yor question lol,, and im not doing that great i ate lotsa bad stuff yesterday :[ ya i pushed myself off the bandwagon o well,,ok so wat is your inspiration??

Date: April 03, 2007 03:53PM

hi earthangel how are u doing today? that sounds like a good idea if i knew wat a liberal arts schedule was lol, im clueless its quit sad really,, well im trying 2 lose a wopping 40 big ones!! oy!!haha but yah im only 5'3" and i weigh 145 so yes, that is ALOT i kno im not afraid 2 say it, o well watever eventually it will b gone, along with everything else that came with it grinning smiley yay! just gotta keep going, hopefully it will be gone b4 summer(crossing my fingers) but i gotta stop eating this dang oatmeal or ill never get there!! does nebody kno if oatmeal isnt a good grain to eat even if its sprouted and watnot, r sprouted grains, not nuts and seeds, still ok 2 eat?

Date: April 03, 2007 05:46PM

ok this is getting weird! haha I am about 5'3'' and 145lbs...I want to lose 45 too!!! Yeah I was into gymnastics too. what a strange strange world this is. You sound like me two years ago too, I wanted to travel as much as I could before college(if i even wanted to go there) and so i toook a year off before i started school but..my plans fell trough. I tried getting a trip together with some nwe buddies at work here but two out of three don't want to go anymore and the other person and I a have different ideas about what makes a fabulous trip. so I'm back to square one but I still really really want to travel so I'm on the look out for opportunites. OMg I want to do a raw retreat so badly! Going to thailand for a yoga rereat would be fun..or puerto rica for the anne wigmore retreat..or costa rica! I went there in 8th grade it was amazing! You know what, if we both had money I'd say let's go right now. I have to jet off to class now...I'm actually excited about it! I ride to my friends house downtown, get a shot of wheatgrass while I wait for the bus which takes me to school. My inspiration? I'd have to think about that. A strong motivation is wanting to feel comfortable in my skin. I want to be able to have my old body, nly this time it's gonna feel so much healthier to be me. You'll do fine today raw, i know you will. Now i must run out the door past the birthday cake on the counter before I smell it....

Date: April 04, 2007 02:11AM

Hi there darlin....well you are doing amazing keep up the good work..oh well you slacked off a day...you will do better today and tomorrow...keep trying....hmm well that is good you have goals..your weight is nothing horrible but i hope you get to your goal weight!!! by summer of course like you want :0....hmm liberal arts is just basic college courses you need for any 4 year degree..you just declare liberal arts till you know what your career to be or at least what you want to work towards for your 4 year.....maybe pyschology,or nursing or someting that gives you many options after you graduate...or fashion business...they all give you lots of choices to choose from when you graduate!!!
so good luck with that....hmm well if you ever want to travel to san diego you have a place to crash!
good luck hun take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox
hey btw NOFF you need to make a diary hun!!! that way you can post o your days and eatings and feelings and leave you notes of love and inspiration too!!!
smiling smiley
love earth angel
xoxoxoxox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables