Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Life as I want it.
Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 04, 2007 04:49PM

So Today is my second 100% raw day. I've been really struggling with sticking to it but I've been seeking out support and with each day I feel more strongly about living and eating green. I live in San Luis Obispo, CA and there are some raw people here but I haven't met any. I am a student getting my liberal arts degree and am working so my days are pretty much filled with things to do. I have two days off from work which is helping me since I'm just beginging the raw journey. I have had a hard time ignoring my cravings, which in the past led to scarfing whatever was in the kitchen to get that full feeling in my stomach. AH! I live with an average american eater so I'l come home some days and there are pizzas and burgers on the table. No no no no...I'd mutter as i walk in..right now there is a half eaten birthday cake on the counter. I had a bite a few days ago but it's not intriguing anymore...I've upped my greens so maybe that's making a difference. I really wish I had a buddy here who could share this with me, my friends arent interested whatsoever! I made chocolate almond milk last night which I was soooooo excited about and no one seemed to understand why i would make it when I can buy it from the store. I'm crazy! Aye! Whatever man! I'm glad this website exists,, you people rock! Well I've started day two with a kiwi,banana, celery smoothie from victoria bountenko's book. Delicious! I won' tbe home for a while so lunch and dinner with be away...god thing I have tons of bananas! There's something so satisfying about makng a huge mount of banana peels from one meal! I was at school waiting for someone, sittin in the grass and munching on a bunch of bananas and stacking the peels on the grass before me. I'm sure I turned a few heads come to think of it. sweet. Okay, I'm off to school, here I go!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Life as I want it.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 04, 2007 05:54PM

Hey there!!! yay you got your own diary!!!!!! well an official welcome to the site and raw foods and congrats on starting your journey to the raw life!!!!!! you are doing so good...it is tough when you first start...the best thing i have learned...EVEN ONE BITE OF a cooked food triggers cravings and makes it so much more intense...once you get past the first couple days you should not feel so intense anymore...but you have to go without like a bit of cooked.....and then they go away and you arel ike wow it's been this many days why give up...after 2 months ALL raw you shouldn't have any cravings at all so vicktoria botenko says haha....but hey if it takes you longer and different that is fine too..however you get there just get there haha....well i admire you going on raw and on your own...that is what i had to do too...my roomie cooks EVERY night and its meat and beans and fried foods and all kinds of yucky's haha...but i am sticking with raw and enjoying it......you are oging to do fantastic..
haha funny story about bananas they were on sale once at the store and i filled my WHOLE cart up with JUST organic banana's everyone was staring in the store...i guess they don't think twice when you have a girl pushing a cart full of yuckO foods that are processed and full of fats and preservatives...but throw in tons of organic banana's and you have one weirdo on your hands smiling smiley...oh well i felt good about it!!!!
i am in san diego..so if you ever wnat to drive and meet up in la i am down....i have met a few people here through the raw food meet up but they are all a lot older and don't really understand what i am going through right now and my struggles with friends and raw and social life you knwo??? so i am totally up for a meet up to hango ut and talk about things....we can go to a raw gourmet restaurant!!! hmm....
well let me know!!!!
have a great day today...sounds like you started with a yummy juice..keep it up!! and yay you for making almond milk...i love feeling so accomplished and making something on my own......i remember when i made my first batch of sprouts I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF and everyone was like what?? and i just hau to shrug it up and enjoy it myself....now i am growing some grape tomatoes...i have been loving them so much...so i found a kit to grow them and was exstatic (sp)....so i defintely know what you mean!!!
well take care!
love earth angel
you rock too!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 06, 2007 07:59AM

I feel amazing.

In my window I see three pictures refecting back of the wall behind me. It's how I keep track of how many days I've accomplished, but mostly it's how I remind myself of how much I care about my decision. Tonight I'll make another so when I wake up tomorrow I know how I want today to go. Ya right, I think I just love coloring! That's the only reason I make em!

Okay so went to the farmers market tonight and bought three bagfulls of amazing food. Strawberries....oranges....figs(hadn't had them for years, so so delicious)..basil..lettuce...cilantro..the list goes on and on. Plus I scouted out the guy who has wheatgrass shots for less money than jamba juice. Is jamba juice organic? I always wondered...

Today was the best day ever, let's see you top that tomorrow! I can't believe that I doubted my ability to be raw without the support of those around me but it's so much fun, it makes me so happy to live this way. I'm doing it. I want to do it. I know that it will get hard but I'm firm in my beliefs and amm finding it easy to continue with this. Seconds ago my brother walked in and asked with a pained expression on his face whether I could just go vegan instead of raw because he feels that I'm missing out on so much. He said he needed scientific proof that this isn't just an idealistic health craze. Oh, I will so prove I'm not a brainless health freak doing this just to make myself look godlike to others.

I have work tomorrow and although it won't be a walk in the park, I can do it. By the way i work at a cafe with ie cream and frozen yogurt and coffee and what nots. I will only be there until the end of may so I deem it worth staying, a better option than finding a job for only two months. I have fun at work and stay busy for the most part so I'm not tempted to linger and partake in sampling every flavor ten times a day as everyone does. My friend got frozen yogurt with a bizzillion toppings at the farmers market and I wasn't the least interested! The smell did nothing for me, I was even a bit repulsed by her eating it. Strange reaction but it makes sense. I would rather munch on the ripe strawberries or cauliflower than some dead icy mush that'll give me a stomach ache I'd have to sleep off!

I can't believe how focused and am and how I'm consistantly in the moment, always a mellow mood. I'm giddy just thinking about how proud I will be days, weeks, months, years from now! Here's to a fresh start.

Date: April 06, 2007 08:06AM

Congrats....keep up the positive attitude!!! i wish you lots of success...i know you will do great on this raw journey!!! keep it up....
love earth angel
ooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 06, 2007 05:38PM

Thanks for your support earthangel!!!!!! How are you doing? How long have yu been raw? I'm so grateful that there are forums like this online, otherwise I'd have no one to talk to!

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: April 06, 2007 11:14PM

noff -
great energy. I totally get what you mean by being repulsed. I live with two roomies who seems to subsist on dairy, white flour, and refined sugar. Yuck!! Fruits are so much more amazing - good thing is I'm influenceing them. so just make an amazing salad and bring it to work and you turn heads. I have a coworker who is meateater and ogles my lunch everyday and says "damn, you make that look really good!" hahaha.
Isn't it great to feel so good about your decision?
-oneSource

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 07, 2007 02:50AM

hey noff!! srry 4 not talking 4 a while wats up? yes there r so many sweets around here and..i gave in :[ im sad, feels like i hav 2 start over, totally pushed myself off the edge,,bleh,, omgarsh u work at an icecream shop!! ahh thats tough wow! its weird its like were in the same situation thats kool tho, haha sortof lol :p arrg i need sum help noff feeling really down and depressed,

Date: April 07, 2007 04:32AM

hey there keep trying it is tough but you are doing good... ihave had a tough day today too!!!
good luck hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 08, 2007 06:03AM

Hey! good to hear from you again fuzzysox. I'd love to cheer you up, if you were here I'd share some of my farmers market bounty with you. It's funny how cheerful that last post was, I'm laughing at myself. Well with every high comes a low, last night I was feeling soooo low. I got home from work and was exhausted and hungry,having had subsisted on only a few non ripe bananas (the only thing I can eat at work...they are organic too) and collapsed on the couch. I didn't want to eat anything because I don't like eating anything 2 or so hours before I go to bed so I pretty much melted into the couch. I was in a sad depressed mood too. Yesterday was day four and I feel heavier, don't think I've lost any weight at all! A few weeks ago when I hit the fourth day I felt spectacular, I slimmed down a bit and my body didn' feel exhausted. I know I just didn't eat enough yesterday, obviously, but something else must be wrong too. I was in such a dark mood, sinking deeper into the couch. My roomate is away so I was alone, angry and so sad. I'm almost out of it, I talked to my best friend on the phone for a long time today which helped a lot. I don't know...I feel like I should be seeing much better results than what I'm seeing/feeling. Sticking with this is all that I can do, I mean it's only been five days, I have to persist to actually experience results so as much as i want to go back to treating my body like crap and eat whatever, I'm not letting myself. I need a friend here who's raw!!!!!!!! I feel so alone here, I've created a raw world for myself but I don't know if I can thrive with just my own will power and support. Fuzzysox, it's fine you ate cooked. I mean, no. Bad you! haha I mean it's fine you slipped, I'll help you back up. So tell me about it.smiling smiley

Date: April 08, 2007 06:49AM

hey there...well i hope you are sleeping peaceful..........hmm have a great day tomorrow...i know you keep posting you are alone and feel alone and can't do this alone...but you aren't alone we are all here too!! we are here to support you...you just have to be open to having us in your life as well..you have to accept our thoughts and support into your life and know taht you are not alone.....even though we may not be there in person we are always here for you!! and know that fuzzysox is not the only one checking in on you...i am as well which is why i asked you to start up your own diary so that we could be there for yoU!!!! i know the feeling though it is tough and hard and depressing when you think you are all alone...i am here in san diego feeling the same thing it is really tough...but then ir emember all the wonderful people on this site who are my friends and who are raw and going through it just as well and having some tough times like myself!!!
so always know we are here....
have a wonderful easter sunday!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
p.s. i sent you a private message so check it out smiling smiley

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: April 08, 2007 08:21PM

noff
haven't met a single raw fooder here in Central New york either ... my bf is all I got. keep looking one day you might 'convert' someone or at least by leading by example, create a more supportive environment! It's only been a few days, so keep it up!! You'll feel better soon.
love,
oneSource

Date: April 08, 2007 09:38PM

hey there how are you today??? hope you aren't feeling discouraged!! i know it is tough but if you hang in there you will emerge....like the beautiful butterfly you are!!!
good luck take care
happy easter
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 09, 2007 04:02AM

happy easter earth angel! I'm doing well today..I think. It's been so mellow!

So today I haven't even left the houseonce!! My brother(who i live with) is away and I didn't make any plans to go out. I did need to do a few things but...well you know how that goes! I figure it's sunday and easter so I'll chill and take a bath and just hang, yay! party of one, woot!!!! haha
Well last night I ate some cooked food, the first few bites were ok because i was starving but just could not compare to the delicious raw food I had been eating. I woke up today and drank some lemon/orange juice i made and cleaned house, mostly the kitchen which reeeeeeeeeeally needed it. I like cleaning and it was theraputic. It made me feel progressive and good and I didn't dwell on the fact that I felt bad from eating cooked food. I'm still feeling pretty sluggish but I know after I exercise tomorrow I'll feel a lot better. I did yoga which I loooove love love. I'm trying to do it everyday but I miss a few days here and there. When I did a week straight of raw a bit ago and did ashtanga yoga(power yoga) every morning when I woke up, I didn't have any detox symptoms! It helps me so much! Oh my gosh, after I do it I feel like a million bucks. I would recommend it to everyone, If you are looking for a great mood booster, doing just one pose sometimes can help. smiling smiley
I felt a cooked craving coming on just now so I made a frozen banana, raw cocoa powder, dried fig, milkshake. I'm eating too much fat and i want to be able to eat 80/10/10 but for now I'm happy to just be majority raw. besides almonds are sooooooooooooooo good. The easiest was to enjoy stickinng to raw is making yummy salads i find. Today while lounging in the hammock i ate some AMAZING lettuce wraps! I got the lettuce at the farmers market and the leaves were ginormous! For the filling I chopped up two tomatoes, half and avocado, two radishes i grew, and brocolli and cauliflower. I mixed it up really well so the avocado coated everything and then add sea salt. I had it for dinner at work yeessterday along with 2 bananas and an orange. Best meal in a long time!!! I was in the back making ice cream and cleaning while she was helping customers out front and everytime she'd come back I'd be chomping away trying to fit the lettuce in my mouth. I must have looked lettuce crazy! haha She tried to do the special k two week challenge thing to lose weight and only lasted a few days so i suggested having a smoothie for breakfast that is has fruit and greens on it and how since she's on a budget that the farmers market it the best place to go. We get along great so I'm sure she'd have fun if we go together sometime.
Alright, my day is coming to an end, I'm full so I won't get sucked into eating cooked food like I usually want to at night....ugh! I hate doing that!!!

Date: April 09, 2007 05:11AM

hi love!!! well you did wonderful today...you are doing so good i am sooo proud of you!!! keep up the excellent work!! way to go!!! yay you!! you might have a buddy to go to the farmers market that is awesome...i would love that haha...
well keep up the good work!!! talk to you tomorrow
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 09, 2007 03:06PM

hi noff hi earthangel!! wats up you guys?? man imsorry that u were feeling so depressed a bit ago noff, i get that, it seems like i feel like that everyday until around 6 oclock in the afternoon, wat a freak of nature :p so are you better now?? earthangel are you allright?? earthangel i forgot 2 ask you aaare yu 100%raw? yaayness!!grinning smiley dude im so glad u found a farmers market buddy that rox! i want one!! poo haha :p yes i kno i hate it wen i give into late night cravings!!! i used 2 get home from work at like 2 am and then eat pizza afer being raw all day!! its tough maybe if u did get a really bad craving like right b4 u went 2 bed u could just go ahead and let yorself eat an avocado or banana or watever if u kno that ur going 2 give in 2 the cooked food if u dont eat sumthin, that happenes 2 me alot,, sryy for blabbing on, but i hav a question,have either of you ever been depressed or bipolar? and mgar noff tell me wat ashtanga yoga books or tapes i should get thats so weird cuz i hav wanted 2 learn yoga 2!,, haha i kno random ,, o and hello onesource im sorry u havent found neone in newyork! man i wunna go there!!! but thats so weird i mean its newyork, they must all be hiding somewhere lol but hopefully you will find more ppl, but at least yor best friend supports u thats awsome!grinning smiley i hope today was good for youguys smiling smiley stay raw its worth it !!!
toodles :]

Date: April 09, 2007 03:15PM

hey srry u guys i forgot 2 say HAPPY EASTER grinning smiley woo! well happy late easter haha srry i totally forgot that it was was was easter cuz we never celebrate nething at my house im used to it now lol i hope it was fun! :]] i did go to this restaurant called pf changs yesterday tho, it was nice i had a good time with my mom 2 lil sisters and brother :p we never do that!! so it was kool except i got sick frum the food i swear there was msg in that stuff o well, be happy grinning smiley i hope u guys had fun and stayed raw haha everytime i give in 2 cooked food i always feel physically sick afterwards,, it really is addictive gez, hehe ill ttyguys later, luff ya!!

Date: April 09, 2007 07:28PM

whoa!!! i wrote 3 was's!^^ haha ocd

Date: April 10, 2007 05:14AM

hey noff what's up?? how are you today?? i hope all is well with you!!! talk to you soon hun!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 10, 2007 07:53AM

Cooked food poisons me and yet I don't push it away. I hate today.
I came home from work at 10 and had some salad that filled me up, then I continued to eat pasta and crackers. It's as if I'm addicted to failure.
I know I am better than to dwell on such negative feelings but I'm in a rut, I slipped up and now I can't get back on track. I ordered a raw book with tips on staying raw which gives me hope for the future. I don't know what came over me tonight...All day up this I was happy, and had no cravings for anything coooked. Nothing at work tempted me even...I didn't want the ice cream, bagels or pastries I was making, they smelled ok but past that didn't do anything. So why did I slip for no good reason? I am going to wake up feeling horrible tomorrow and make myself do yoga. Then it's off to work and then I have the evening to myself. Well here comes tomorrow.

Date: April 10, 2007 04:41PM

omgosh this happens 2 me all the time !!!grrrr!! i think its just bc its there u kno im sorry u slipped i sipped for a week!!! :[ but im bax on track and i kno u can do it so dont feel so bad i bet u woudnt slip at all if all that junk wasnt around but it is so u hav 2 b extra strong,, u made it really long for working at an icecream shop and living with sad eaters so be happy!! grinning smiley u did saweet!:p

Date: April 11, 2007 01:35AM

Thanks fuzzysox
Yeah I feel bunches better today. I started off the day with 4 shots of wheatgrass/parsley and an orange. A good new start I's say. My mom is trying to add more raw to her diet, she's about 60% or so and I just talked to her which made me feel so much better since she supports me. Thanks for your supprt!

Date: April 11, 2007 01:44AM

hey there doll...well that is good your mom is supporting you and trying iwth you...that really helps....sorry you feel so bad about your slip up you shouldn't ....it was just a day....take a deep breath and think of the onderful things you can accomplish with tomorrow!!! you are doing great...and sometimes it is weird just like hmm well i will eat this and you don't feel guilty eating it you arel ike oh i will eat raw soon...or tomorrow...and then you are done and you beat yourself up over but please don't!!! you are doing great keep up the good work and the awesome power...don't worry about yesterday it is the past...don't dwell on things we can't change think about things we are about to begin in our life!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 11, 2007 02:24PM

hahahahhahahhahahhaaaa.... i bought sum wheatgrass :p hehehe im hyper
i havent juiced neyet ,,,oh orange did u say orange ??dont say orange i want orange!! there are no oranges!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........
horrible,,,,,hmm so yahdont dwell on it it was just uno day!!!! that is much betta than a week!! plus u hav yor mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!i wish i had mi mom!!!! that would b awsome!! ur doing sooo good keep it up u can do it grinning smileyDDDD

Date: April 12, 2007 02:02AM

hey noff where ru? i hope ur ok ^ srry about the spasmness lol

Date: April 12, 2007 03:07AM

I'm here!! I had a good day today, no work so I did some errands and hung about town a bit. i don't usually keep track of what I eat but today is was easy cuz it wasn't a lot. Let's see...a few kiwis for breakfast, frozen banana goji berry and chocolate smoothie at lunch, wheatgrass shot later, and I just finished eatin some frozen bananas, a great way to end the day! Bananas are going to get me through this transition to 100% raw! They are cheap and taste good with so many things, i have never really been a big fan of them but they're just what I need right now. Alriiiiiiight so my my friends just got pizza delivered...it smells so good! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm not going to eat it but the torture! the torture of it all!!!! haha. I can't wait to through this hump of still craving cooked food. The day it happens will be GLORIOUS! and i will eat a banana and celebrate! haha I am so surprised that my mom and sister are so supportive of me. Well i guess that i knew they would be predisposed to being understanding because my mom went vegan about a year ago to lower cholesteral and really flourished with the change and my sister is really interested in nutrition, she has a culiinary degree. I can't wait til summer when I move home til august and split grocery bills with my mom. I got my sister and mom excited about doing the victoria bountenko 30 day smoothie challenge! victory! haha i am so impressed at anyone attempts this diet who has no support around them, you guys are strong and determined and those are such great strengths to have. So I want to be able to have a shot of wheatgrass everyday and prefer to juice it myslef. It's messier of course, but so much more fun. i love cutting hte grass and shoving into the juicer and CHURNING baby!! It's so satisfying to be able to do it myself! I don't have the means right now to make it daily, I juiced all i had the other day....and no more seeds. Im looking for the cheapest bulk seeds and also trays for it. I've surfed around a lot but haven't decided who to buy from. I WANT GRASS JUICE NOW! haha I wish I could grow enough so I could be a casual stop to get a shot if you're nearby. haha maybe i'll sell wheatgrass on the curb this summer, theres enough lemonade sellers out there! hahahah I can just magine my little table with a cute display and me in some crazy outfit dancing around to draw customers! i wonder who i could get to do this with me.....I'm actually considering this now! It's such a good idea! Hm, maybe i'll offer something else too like food or a massage or whatever to attract them and then slip in the wheatgrass shot option. hm....my summer is looking grand so far. mission: must find good seed suppplier.Sweet. hahaa omgosh I'm bubbling with enthusiam!!!!!!!!!!I gotta do a lil dance before I implode! yay! well here went another day of triumph over cooked. I biked to town and am feeling an overall muscle fatigue.....well i'm happy and bouncy right now but some spazzy dancing will satisfy that.

Fuzzysox!!!!!!!!!!!! hilove, i adore your enthusiam! looove it! Hey i wish you were here for summer cuz i have a feeling we'd make the best wheatgrass sellers ever! haha so i'm good, how you doin eh?

earthangel, heyho!!!!! How was your day! I love how i always seem to find uplifting messages from you, how do you manage to be so caring to so many of us bloggers here?! it's amazing! have a good day love. oh i read one in your journal how you say that to friends, me too! Saying it puts me in a good mood, so hey love, talk to ou later!

Date: April 12, 2007 05:04AM

hi sunshine!!!!! wow you had a great day...see how thinking positively changes your whole world smiling smiley....that is sooooo awesome about your momie and sister...now you just gotta stick with it and get them too!! that will be nice to split groceries with your mama.......i wish i had that too..you did amazing today i am soooo proud ofy ou love and so happy for you YAY you......you have a great idea too bad you didn't live closer i would totally do the wheatgrass juice stand with you...what kind of juicer do you have???? they say you have to buy the special wheatgrass ones or it isn't good for you or doesn't work...cuz the fibers in the blades are so sharp but hmm i don't know haha....anyways girlie...take care of yourself...and know you are doing amazing and i am soo happy for ya!! keep up the positive attitude and enjoy yourself.....raw is life not a diet so make it work for you...banana's got me through at one point too...whatever it takes....they are yummy....and some people worry about digestion...but i read if you smash them or blend them they are fine...i like to take 2 and smash them in a bowl with a fork and stir and it turns creamy like a banana!!! soooo yummy!!!!
well have a great night
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 12, 2007 05:24AM

hey y'all! I saw at the beginning of thread that you were an undergraduate! I am an undergrad as well...and none of my friends are very supportive or interested in me trying to go raw. I was wondering if any of you all might be interested in e-mailing back and forth? as a supportive kind of thing?

Date: April 12, 2007 05:40AM

hey there thinkingraw...well i would love to email if you need support...but i HIGHLY suggest starting a diary on this forum...it is the most motivational supportive amazing wonderful fantastic group you could ever know....they are all so tremendous with support and help and offering advice...you will get so many people help and support that emailing will seem not as important....get yourself a raw diary started!!! and we will see you there....but if you don't want to still hereis my email sachelle@rawfoods.com....and tell us about yourself...how old you are wherey ou from...why raw......how did you hear about it...and what you are wanting to overcome!!! so welcome to the raw world and congrats on taking that first step to a happier healthier you!!!!
looking forward to hearing from you on this awesome raw journey and being there for you!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 05:43AM by earthangel.

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 12, 2007 05:50AM

hey earthangel smiling smiley i took your advice and started my own diary. thanks so much for your advice! if I need more support, I will e-mail you...i'm really looking forward to getting involved in this site smiling smiley

sorry for having this posts on your diary, noff!

Date: April 12, 2007 05:53AM

hey i know i took a look at it and left you a note....good luck

oh don't worry Noff rocks and doesn't always there for someone going raw right Noff??? haha well take care the both of you!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables