Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Life as I want it.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:35AM

Hey there ...aww thank you...yeah i don't know what to think about it..i feel really good on high fruits with some greens..i love lots of greens but feel healthier on lots of fruits..the long termers on here are all great..david mason has been doing it like 10 or some years and is all fruit..frutarian one is all fruit for long time and doing great...the whole storm and jinjee family are al fruit too!! and bryan haha so i don't know lol...but for my diabetes i will stick with more greens...although i feel so amazing on fruits haha i want to take the challenge and do it for a few weeks and see how it affects the weight..someone told me it will melt it off because it is soooo detoxifying...hmm weird..anyways haha..oh yeah i used to watch gilmore all the time..but hadn't had a chance tried catching up and watching one like 2 months or 3 ago haah..and then i saw it was series finale tonight on sunday so i was like oh no i have to watch it!!! omg laine got married and had a baby WOW haha i was sort of lost in lives but excited all the same it was an excellent sad bawling good bye!!!! we were saying good bye and the town was saying good bye to rori for a long time too...haha very emotional for me cuz i related to that being me after high school..and now i am going to go home after 5 years..wowie..
oh yeah haha as soon as i chatted with monark and found out how to work the reiki site..i read through it all and asked her to send me an attunement so she sent one to you while she was at it to hha....i pulled mine down that day..and now i am using it to heal myself and i tried doing my car today smiling smiley...it said it could help inanimate objects as well...so i tried haha since my car is almost gone smiling smiley...i would love to chat reiki though..my babies are getting it on friday..i signed them up for the pet reiki...and my parents dog jax too!! haha i am so into it..and i am going to try for my reiki 2 whenever i qualify..i am studying up on it now....smiling smiley
take care and get your homework done cuz you are almost done!! yay you!!
keep up the good work!!
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 17, 2007 04:09AM

Hi Noff!

I love fruit and I love lettuce! I don't know about the fixed 80-10-10 thing. Right now I am just eating. Fruit and greens. I LOVE salads. Often I crave greens. Romaine, butter lettuce, red leaf, green leaf, kale. Not so much the bitter greens...except for watercress, and it is such a pretty little plant. smiling smiley

Not so much into the roots.

Anyway, I sure am enjoying what I'm eating lately, and--for now--no icky cravings for non raw fare! Hooooooorayyyyy!

Take care, Enjoy everything,
Miles of Smiles,

Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 17, 2007 07:51AM

Hi love..just wanted to stop in and say hello!!! and see how your day went...wonderful i am sure!!! take care of yourself hun...have a nice evening and keep on keeping on!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 17, 2007 09:29PM

hello loves

EA! hallo! Yeah I think I pulled down an attunement from monark, i think. Geez it's a confusing subject though. I've read a few books and have an understanding of it's history and an overall description of it but I haven't had an experience where I really felt and understood it for myself. What about you? I gues all I can do is practice and keep exploring it. How did you feel after you pulled it down? You doing all fruit or all greens for two weeks? I didn't understand what ya said, I figure you mean all greens. Laine had a baby1 what?! haha I watched it on and off with my sister ut haven't seen it since she got married. I'm excited to watch it, i know my sis will want to buy the whole season, yay good stuff for a relaxing evening. everytime watch it though I keep thinking, "bring jess back! bring dean back!" haah they were gorgous.

Anyway I have finals next week and my boss lovingly scheduled me to work 6 days in a row doing the closing shift which will take all the energy I have! I need to find someone to cover at least one night so I have time to study. Must pass my classes!!!!

I threw a few frozen bananas, a handful of gojis and some cocoa powder in a blender and made some amazing pudding. My brother watched me make it with eyebrows raised. ahha He had a spoonful and desribed it as "good. interesting." haha alright then. A while ago I challenged him to go raw for a week with me but unless I buy everything and prepare every meal then he's not motivated enough. i don't have the time to do that and our schedules barely overlap except for a few hours atnight so maybe another time. It'll happen someday, he's curious and with my mom getting into raw another opportunity will come up.

Well it's thurday, weeee! that means farmers market. I'm going straight for the date stand and getting me $20 worth! haha i bought half that last week and it only lasted three days. It's amazing I've lasted this long without a date, I'm so giddy to go get some more! ahahah they are perfect craving fighters too. When I'm at work and making some waffer cookie things and waffle cones and I'm munching on a date, nothing refined or cooked even appeals to me. Dates rock. so so so good. I don't think I'll be eating them with this much enthusiam for ever but wow am i enjoying them now. haha

thats all for now, I'm off to the gym. I think I've found the perfect workout motivator ever; chocolate! I had the same pudding yesterday and then had a great hour and 40 min cardio workout. It's been a while since I felt such an endless about of energy!

smiling smiley Later.

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:59AM

Hey noff !! I love dates, too - soooo sweet and sooo good smiling smiley smiling smiley Keep practicing the Reiki - self treat every day smiling smiley . Sometimes it takes a while before you really feel it. That's why it's good to go to some Reiki shares - so you can get some feedback. Sometimes you won't feel anything - but the recipient will feel alot !! Practice, practice, practice - it will get stronger each time you do smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Good luck with your finals !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 18, 2007 06:29AM

hey moonark
practice practice practice eh? haha I will! I almost fell asleep while giving myself a treatment...either a side effect or I was suddenly suffering from lack of sleep. hm haha. Oh I had a question, is there any way for you to sense that I've pulled down the attunement?

So I think I finally ate enough dates to satify me. I really didn't think it was possiible. haha I bought a huge bag of them at farmers expecting to go through them with enthusiam but they are too sugary to have more than five. Or maybe less, this is a good thing! More salads and less dates. good plan. alright so time for a reiki sesh and then sleep. gotta be rested to come out on the other side of next week with life still in me! aha

Date: May 18, 2007 07:51AM

Hey noff..did you sit down and concentrate on pulling the attunement down?? that is the way to get it down......you might not feel it but intention is key here..as long as you took the time to relax and receive it you did!!!
oh i said i would like to try eating fruit for a few weeks and see how if affects me but i am too nervous with my insulin and what not smiling smiley
you sound like you are doing great!!! keep that up hun!! awesome awesome...hmm glad you love dates so much haha..they are one of those i am not really into much..but maybe one day i will haha..
take care my friend and have a great night
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
oh and ps i havne't seen the show in forever lol i didn't know she was married haha...i knew she was planning on it once in a rerun with a dress but that was it haha....hmm i liked jess the best..and he really loved her..i said oh well with dean..and i didn't like the new either..well i guess old for like 4 years now but whatever ahah!!
love ya

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 02:56PM

Hey noff !!

Falling asleep during a self treatment is fine - Reiki causes a deep relaxation, so falling asleep is natural smiling smiley smiling smiley As EA said, your intention to pull it down is what causes it to happen smiling smiley You did it right smiling smiley smiling smiley

I practiced every day for a long time not knowing whether or not anything had really happened. Then one day my kitty was having some tummy troubles - probably a hairball - but I immediately went over to her - she was standing up - I put one hand on her chest and one hand on her shoulders and started to send the Reiki - she immediately took her front paw and pushed it up over the hand that I had on her chest and pushed my hand down under her so it was on her tummy - then she laid down on top of my open palm !! She knew exactly where she needed it ! That was my first confirmation, after practicing for about 9 months, that something was really happening smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 19, 2007 05:49AM

Hey noff...how was your day darlin?? i am sure you had a great day just wanted to say hi and see how life was for my friend!!!
OM monark that is a wonderful story i loved it!! good inspiration!!!!
love ya noff!!
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 02:41AM

monark that's adorable, having that connection with your pets is awesome. I leave in a week and am leaving my leo behind, he's my brothers cat.

Well today was a fun day. Woke up at 11:57 and had 3 minutes to get to work. I work across the street so i got dressed without thinking and raced there. It was the last day working with my friend since my last day is wednesday and we just goofed off all day. yuuup....so I just had a delicious salad. A bunch of kale shopped up itty bitty, hald a pint of cherry tomatoes, 3 sundried tomatoes chopped up, peeled zuchini strips. So good! Took forever to eat since and was just what I needed after a long day on my feet. I've been eating a lot of peaches and oranges, my favorite fruits prettys much. Loving it. Oh and a ton of dates of course. yum. Later people.

Date: May 20, 2007 05:07AM

Hey hun..glad you had a great day at work with your friend!!! i am sure you will miss her while you are home and your little leo...i had a roomie with a kitty named leo he was a monster smiling smiley i wasn't very fond of that little guy smiling smiley he was an attacker ...and clawed up my bed and things while i was gone (oh my door was shut it was mysterious the way it was opened and he got in there haha HMMM)
anyways love sounds like you had a yummy salad!! enjoy the night and atke care!! almost time to get home and enjoy your summer!! yay you
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 07:13AM

hey darlin..just wanted to say hello and see how your day went!! hope all is well with yoU!!! take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 06:19PM

hey earthangel
I just woke up and had a good body brushin, now I'm trying to get together my day, nude! Everything is better naked hah really. I'm going to miss this freedom when I'm at home. tongue sticking out smiley

So I have a final today and work but I have a lot of free time in between so I guess I'll be going to the gym and cleaning my car and room to get ready for packing. I'm sooooo excited!!!!!! Oh I had a strange dream and in part of it I was thinking about eating romaine lettuce and how good it was going to be. haha Dreaming about eating lettuce, haha I gotta tell my SAD friends. haha smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2007 07:00PM

hey love...aww haha i knw what you mean..since going raw it is worse..if i take a shower it takes me forever to get dressed after that lol..i will do lots of things before i get around to clothing myself haha..it just is natural haha..oh i am sure everyone thinks we are NUTS haha.......oh well at least we are still raw if we are nuts smiling smiley hehe...

oh i love that body brushing sure is wonderful!!!!!

sounds like a wonderful day for you!!! have lots of fun with everything....and good luck explaining that dream to your sad friends haha..oh well they will get a kick out of it smiling smiley

oh i wanted to tell you about dates..if you soak them they will all be gooey ooey haha...i noticed that..they get softer and gooeier..then you can really love them haha!!
enjoy hun

love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 10:54PM

soaking the dates eh? I'm all out of them and heartbroken. Really, I am! I get them at farmers of thursday so unless I get them from the store sooner, I have a while to wait. Can't wait to have some gooey dates, they awk my world! Thanks for the tip EA. You know you rawk too!

So I just got back from the gym and did an intense hour or so cardio interal on the stair machine. I could have done more but I have work in a lil bit so had to hop off and race home. I FEEL SO GOOD! My breathe goes deeper, I bounce when I walk, I dift right off to sleep at night, I LOVE THIS FEELING! It's as if I can feel every cell in my body pulse with life and energy. Dwelling on the past seems so useless now. I've been living in my head for my whole life which seems so silly now! What really appeals to me now is bikiing across a country and getting to know as many places and faces as I can, finding work as I go. I've always been drawn to that lifestyle but would never have persued it or felt capable of doing so. I was reading about a guy doing just that on the sunfood nutrition community forum. Anybody check out that site? It has quite a lot of members, most with pictures, pretty cool. Anyway, back to getting ready for work...bye for now! I wish that this workout high never ended, haha I'm so friggin jumpy!

Date: May 22, 2007 12:25AM

And here I thought I was the only one running around naked LOL !!!

Ain't exercise a wunnerful thing? Those endorphins kick in and YEEEE HAWWWWW !!!!!

I signed up for the sunfood nutrition community a while ago - but haven't been checking in there - you know, unlimited internet access is good - what I need is unlimited time to access the internet LOL .

Sounds like yer doing GREAT, noff - keep up the good work smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:58AM

ah!!!! you sound fabulous!!! congratulations on being so free and energetic!!!

and i have to throw my vote into the running around naked as well. makes me aware of how much skin i have and how smooth it is haha...great feeling.

i'm just stunned and so happy about how excited you are. keep up the positive energy. you can do anything...those dreams of yours are within reach. you could totally bike across the us if you wanted to.

hope tomorrow is even better

Date: May 22, 2007 05:49AM

hey sweetie!! haha well noff i guess we are not alone on the naked thing haha..makes me feel less of a freak smiling smiley.....haha it does let you see how much skin you have smiling smiley haha sometimes i don't find that so wonderful winking smiley....

well hun glad you had such a wonderful wonderful day!!
take care my dear!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:27AM

hey there just stopping by to check in..cuz i have text you a few times with no response i know you are home and busy!! just wanted you to know i was thinking of you though and wondering how life was going!! let me know!! i am sure things are great and your mom is doing green smoothies with youa nd oh what fun!!
take care
love always
Sach
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 25, 2007 08:19PM

Alright, back to bloggin! haha.
Well, I feel the need to be connected to a raw community so I'm back! I moved to Irvine and am going to school, am about to go off to my new job at the health food store(yay). Anyway I'm coming to terms with negative emotions and relationships in my life, mostly those I'm learnign how to move on from. I'm chugging along staying raw but find it just as tough as my first day into it, so I'm seeking out inspiration and trying to clear my head. Good thing i just got this job so now I can get a great veg juice on work days. Oh and we sell premade raw dishes from raw restaurants which is so exciting to be able to get a raw burrito or what not. Don't know how often I'll be posting, bye for now! xoxx

Date: August 27, 2007 01:43AM

hey girl...yay well your journal was easy to catch up on haha..sorry just kidding!!!ooh how exciting you are in irvine...i am in dana point/laguna area!! we will have to hang out soon..we are about 15 minutes apart haha...
hope all is well
take care of yourself and congrats on the new job!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: September 01, 2007 07:19PM

Heat wave here. Everything is melting...Luckily I have a ride to work today, where I'll be retreating to the walk in freezer and fridge frequently.

So I am thinking about getting this cleansing package that Dr, gabriel cousens was talking about, don't remember the name. It's probably really expensive so it may be a few months before I can buy it. I almost bought a green star juicer, it was on craigslist for 250, it was the GS1000 and wasn't used many times. So tempting. I've been exploring new foods and recipes lately and can't get enough of it. I've been keeping it really simple for the past few months and tended to overeat when I bought a premade meal, it seemed like a real treat to be eating something like that sice it was eating so simply before. I feel the need to satisfy my curiosity of trying new foods so I made two kinds of cheese yesterday for a lasagna like dish. I have been having sprouted buckwheat for breakfast this week and love it. I'm so happy I decided to try that. I'm loving making recipies but am keeping to simple as much as possible, only one meal a day is complex if that, I feel too weighed down if I eat to many of those. I've been having a fabulous juice everytime I work, so four days a week, and am so happy I have access to a juicer! Forget getting a jucer myself for now, though I really want to make some sorbet...bad, haha. I would love a dehydrator so I can make some breads and craskers and bars but I can do without it.

Well My roommates and I had a party here last night and so I need to catch up on sleep someday soon. Not tonight though since we'll be out late so I'll have to hop into bed early on sunday. I share a bed with a roomie so at times hitting the hay early is not easy but I'mm not that light of a sleeper so it usually works out. I've been here in Irvine since early august and haven't made up my mind about it yet...I starting to put together ideas for what to do next year and it doesn't place me here, but, who knows. I'm living with three great people, two of whom have been good friends since highschool, and thats awesome but I have a strong need to get up and go find a place for myself in this raw food culture which unfortunetly doesn't include them. I am excited to all the people I have yet to meet. Alright, I'm jumping up off my butt to go do something fun...

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:51PM

Maybe you could get your health food store to start selling some raw flax crackers and raw bars, so you could give them a try.

That must be nice having access to fresh juice and premade raw dinners like that. I would want to try them all too! :-)

Keeping it simple is a good idea. You are doing great!

Date: September 05, 2007 05:24AM

Yeah actually I put out a dish of raw crackers with a raw green soup we had for samples, so delicious. Our raw section of the store makes me want to spend my entire paycheck on food...which I kind of already do...Don't know whether that means I spend too much on food or whether my paycheck is too small. both? hmf, ha it's all good.

had another scortcher of a day, had a great greenjuice at work that cooled me off, yum.

I've decided that either after this semester or next, I'm off to work on an organic farm. Local or in another country. There's many in costa rica that sound amazing especially if I want to put down roots there. So tempting. Can't wait for it!

road to raw
Date: October 11, 2007 09:00PM

must get back to raw! I didn't see this slip coming...really hit me off guard! I have been doing really well with being raw for months now yet I started eating cooked food, really heavy things, every other day or so for the past couple weeks and it's bringing me down. Physically I feel so horrible that I want to bail on work today and tomorrow and I'm emotionally drained as well so the only thing appealing to me is ordering some pizza and watching some movies. Clearly my cooked cravings are still latched onto me like a leetch! Nooooooo, must fight back!

I am going through a rough patch with a roommate, who is has been a close friend of mine for years and is also close to one of my other roommates, who confessed in the heat of a disagreement that she might move out next month, this is just days after she signed a years lease through august of next year...I know we could somehow make ends meet unitl we find another roommate but only for a month, two tops. I can be brutally honest and tend not to shy away from confrontation and yet I'm hestitant to bring it up to her again. The original arguement is semi forgiven and forgotten as we have both apologized but she said that she'd probably move out in april but she doesn't feel responsible to the rent money through augustnor helping find a replacement...Too be honest I was relieved when she said she'd be out in a month as this friendship has been very draining for years now and doesn't sit right with me especially since turning over a new leaf and going raw this year. Sigh. I plan on talking when I see her tonight and hope it goes well. hm. At least I don't share a bed with her anymore, we divided up the room and I'm parked on the floor so no more awkward nights full of tension. Bad vibes for sweet dreams!

Okay so I see how I'm stressed out about that but I didn't think I'd turn to food for comfort. I lent out my 'sunfood diet success system' book which I could really use right now. Letting it out here helps, yay for raw food forums and blogs. This roommate thing isn't so bad except that I'm in the middle of a romance dilemna and my head is clouded up from it and the cooked food blues. Oh dear dear. haha. I'll find a balance. I wish that I could speed up the next few days of having digestive aches and pains while I get back on track. I wish I was at a detox retreat or lived in a raw food community. I've noticed more people talking about starting up their own which is so awesome. Maybe in the not so distant future a raw communities will exist everywhere connecting us and making traveling easier.

I feel better now that's out. but...I am extremely disappointed by these slip up because they made me feel so sick and useless! More of a reason to commite to my decision to be raw yet I feel I need something else to keep me on track other than will power. I have support at work which is really great, and from people online and on the phone. I just need to get off my butt and get outside or get immersed in a book or something else when I find myelf alone at home, the only place I eat cooked food. I can do this. Okay, well I'm off the work where my significant other is ...where're also in a funk...(what's up with this past week!?!) so I hope my foul mood lifts and i don't make things worse with that. Breathe in, breathe out.

If anyone reads this that was up with my older entries, hey whats up and lemme know how you are doing! I miss all the friendly people on here. Peace and love.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 11, 2007 09:50PM

We've all done it. Don't beat yourself up too bad. I recommend colonics or enemas to get rid of the cravings. I say that a lot so I'm kind of a broken record here. ;-)

Good luck with everything.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:39AM

I want to encourage you to continure persevering in eating raw foods. If this is where your heart ids go for it. What you set your mind to do you will do.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:41PM

indeed noff dont beat yourself up just pick up where you left off and carry on smiling smiley

maybe instead of waiting to see what happens with the roommates why dont you put out some feelers of your own to room with some other raw foodies in your area or at least likeminded vegans and then YOU move out with them

perhaps you can start your own raw vegan rental house smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 13, 2007 06:56PM

Jgunn I love your thinking! I've been thinking about that for a while now.

Thanks everyone for ystopping by and saying something, it means a lot.

I'm feeling better, bloated but it'll pass in a few days.
Everyone at work seemed to be in a mood, including myelf yesterday, so I cracked open a coconut and shared it with everyone. I was the only person who had evr opened a coconut before so everyone was really intrigued and loved it, and it seemed to do the trick of lifting the overall mood of people. I'm loving working at a health food store, I scored a box of peaches, pluots, pears, and a pomegranite that were going to be tossed. Everything was ripe and perfect except a few peaches with a bruise or two. I can't belive how much food is thrown out! I highly recommend befriending the produce guy at your local store, they will hok you up!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 14, 2007 05:44AM

I want your job. I do agree with befrending the produce guy. I want their job though. lol Would'nt it be fun to room with other raw foodists?
Life is good being raw. Keep it up noff

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables