Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just startind
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2007 03:52AM

Hi, I am VERY new at this, have read a ton about it, but I'm having some trouble staying on only raw foods. I am addicted to chocolate!!! I would love if someone helped me get through this by giving me a challenge. If there was someone who was on here that is just starting too, we could buddy-up and help eachother through. Faith alone isn't helping, I need to be challenged at first. Anyone who could help, please send me a message or something, challenging me and keeping up with me daily. THANX!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just startind
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 05, 2007 03:57AM

Hey there hun...how's it going...well you want someone checking up on you YOU GOT it haha....i think i check in and post the most out of our little family here...haha it is like something i make time to do a few times a day because it is such a big part of my life right now....i am ALWAYS posting if someone does post for the day or a few days haha....i keep a tab on it cuz i worry and wonder how they are oding...i never do it to be mean or negative only because everyone on here is like a family i feel (well int he diary section and i feel close with them so i miss them) I will email you post messages for you....if you live within the united states i wil text you if you have cell phone and we can chat......hmm this is an amazing experience...i have been doing this 100% since january24th and so far so good..it is tough sometimes and a struggle...but i always welcome a buddy to help along the way....hmm i am 22 live in san diego california...and am loving raw.....i am doing it to help beat some health challenges...like type1 diabetes, kidney damage...weight.......Eating disorders...and emotional baggage!!!
who are you,,,,how old are you where do you live and why and how did you learn about raw and decide you want to do it??
look forward to getting to know you on your raw journey
welcome and congrats on starting your life !!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Re: just starting
Date: April 06, 2007 01:53AM

I AM 20, i LIVE IN sPRINGFIELD, oREGON AND I LEARNED ALL ABOUT THE RAW FOOD THING ON THE INTERNET. I STUMBLED UPON IT BY ACCIDENT, AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVR HEARD OF. I AM ADDICTED TO CHOCOLATE, SO I HAVE TROUBLE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING THIS A FEW WEEKS, ON AND OFF. THE MOST AMOUNT OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IN A ROW 100% RAW IS 2. I WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING! DO YOU KNOW IF EATING TOO MANY BANANAS WILL CAUSE ME TO GAIN WEIGHT? IF SO, HOW MANY? I AM CURRENTLY IN THE CULINARY ARTS PROGRAM AT MY COLLEGE, SO I AM FORCED TO TASTE COOKED FOODS DAILY. I NEED HELP TO NOT OVER TASTE. I NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT AS WELL! I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT, SO I AM POOR AS HECK! ANY ADVICE WOULD DO! THANX!!!!!!

Date: April 06, 2007 04:18AM

hey there....well there is no se advice that will help...jus support and love knowing that we are here for you if you need us and to back you up!!! banana's will not make you gain weight if you are eating raw......the best way to eat them is smashed or blended because it is easiest for the digestion system...some people do a fast or mono eating to get into raw...and a lot of people have been trying mono banana detox fasting...where all you eat is ripe banana's all day long...and some people are eating a lot...i know one person on here who does like 8-15 banana's a day and he is great..but he also does all raw so that helps too...any raw you can do is better then nothing.....hmm how much weight are we talking here....i mean if it is like 5 or 10 it might take a little longer going slow...but if it is more then it depends..any transformation in diet is good though.....hmm that is tough being at a culinary school....but what is going to be even tougher is when you graduate and are working as a chef and having to cook all the time and be around it....hmm that will be a hcallenge i hope you can overcome....
raw is a tough transition and a lot of work but so worth it!!!
i wish you luck and i am here if you need support good luck
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
haha i know how that goes poor college student DITTO...but your health is worth it...i spend none on alcohol and more on organic goods smiling smiley
and therei s pletny of raw chocolate to get you through this!! so make sure to check that out...
good luck

Date: April 07, 2007 05:24AM

hi there dani where are you today??? get bak on here we need to know how you are doing!!! hope all is well if not though keep the faith and let me knowi am here for support!
take care hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 07, 2007 09:23PM

Hi Dani, how are you doing? I think you could investigate this chocolate adiction. After all it is just a mind thing right? try to watch how you feel when you have a craving, what are you really trying to achieve. For example, I figured out that my binging on stuff nearly always comes out of boredom, etc. so when I have a craving i try to think: "I am bored, I am well bored", intead of "I want chocolate". I think that at least by calling it by its name I can tackle the problem better. Remember, you do not have an addiction, you THINK you have an addiction. yeah, but i know it's all more comlicated than that!!!

Anyway, keep us posted & we'll give you support.

Love,
Rian.x

Date: April 07, 2007 11:15PM

Tahnk you all sooo much! Hey Rain, you got it right-I am bored!!! All of the time and I love food, so I always eat out of boredom! I still have not benn able to be 100% RAW yet, but at least 80% for the past week or so. I guess I am too hard on myself! I have tried mono eating, but get bored to death with it! That is my goal thuogh! Thank you all!

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 07, 2007 11:35PM

hi dani i 2 am a chocoholic grinning smiley hehe but i wasnt addicted to chocolate bc it tastes good, usually ppl r addicted 2 chocolate bc they r sad or r depressed, i had chronic depression and thats pretty much why i was addicted 2 it, cuz of the whole seratonin thing, but neways i kno about sumthing that might help grinning smiley ok so theres this website called rawfood.com and they have raw choclate in cocoa or like syrupy form!! dude it dosent get ne better than that stuff its freaking amazing!!!! its like 10 times stroger than normal chocolate and it has the highest antioxidant rating out of all antioxidant foods, if u kno wat antioxidants r,, so i makes yor skin all perrtyfull instead of making it break out,, so if u r willing 2 invest sum money into it its sooooo worth ot,, o yA once u are raw for a couple of weeks, for me at least the cravings really die down, i guess bc ur getting way more nutrients frum yor food than u ever were b4 so ya haha good luck hope that helps

Date: April 08, 2007 03:18AM

hey darlin how are you today??? i hope all is well with you...just wanted to say hello and leave some love and support.......yes nature's first law is a great website to use.....it has wonderful chocolate but also there are some other places too....you can find it at any raw or health food store near you too so you don't have to have it shipped!! good luck finding it....good luck with raw today and tomorrow..i hope you do well..i know it is hard...and believe it or not it is easier if you go 100% because ou arel ike okay no cooked or anything just all raw and you are as tempted cuz you haven' t eaten anything cooked and so you are more able to stick to it!! and after 2 months all cravings go away cuz your body is on a track with all raw and sticks with it!!
good lukc and talk with you soon
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 09, 2007 12:15AM

hey there dear where are you today....????happy easter!!i hope all is well in your area!! keep us posted on how you are doing!! take care...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 10, 2007 01:37AM

Hey guys! Sorry I'm not a great computer pal! I try hard to get on every day, but it's hard for me- I'll get better though. I really need to go and get some raw cacoa or something. I'm afraid that I will spend quite a bit on raw chocolate, but then it will be like bitter chocolate and make me crave the other stuff even more! Anyone know how it tastes? I have been trying soo hard to be all raw! Something hard to get around is the fact that my boyfriend, friends, family, and my boyfriends family think I will have an eatring disorder and that what I am doing is not right or normal! NOBODY around understands me, exept the people on the computer! No offense, I love talking to you guys and you are all gr8, but I don't see you guys in person, so it's really hard! I feel isolated and I don't want this thing to ruin my relationships! I love it and believe in it greatly, and I know that if my friends and family love me, they will understand, but I choose them first! I wish they understood. I have had eating disorders b 4 , so they all think that's what I'm secretly doing, but it's not!!! I'm just soo glad that you all understand and have the same beliefs! You are keeping me MUCH stronger!

Date: April 10, 2007 04:58AM

hi there....welli think you need to really take a look at your decisions...you are saying you choose others over your health and happiness??? i think if your family really loves you and your boyfirends family they will love you and accept you...explain it to them and introduce them to some things raw or raw sites or books so they can check it out as well...help them see what it is really about and what it is really doing that way they don't think you are just hiding something!!! good luck hun...you can do it...the raw chocolate is really sweet....it is good...enjoy.
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxooxoxxoxo

Date: April 12, 2007 01:18AM

Tahnk you Earth Angel! You have been such a gr8 help! I will try hard to find some way to get them all to understand!

Date: April 12, 2007 05:20AM

HI there hun...well i know it is tough to try to explain people think i am crazy all the time...the ones that don't mean as much to me are the ones i let go....but the important ones i explain raw too...or give them a book and tell them if you care about me and are worried read this first then we can chat on your thoughts...be open to them and their ideas on what is going on...but provide them with the materials first so that way they know in their heart what is really going on with you and that you are trying this healthy raw journey to health and happiness not trying to slide into an ED....it is just hard for some to understand ....but whenall else fails I AM HERE>...i will always help you and support you cuz i know it is tough...so always feel free to lean on me....smiling smiley take care and have a wonderful day...keep up the awesome work on raw!!! and your happiness is what counts first then others...don't settle for anyone they will come around if they love you and care and if they don't they weren't positive people for your life anyhow...
take care hun.
love earth angel
hey btw what is your email???? i would like to send you something....
thanks
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 13, 2007 02:16AM

My E-mail is Danibear2552@hotmail.com. I will try to give them all as much info as I can, in hopes that they will understand at least! I have been about 70-80% RAW for the past couple of weeks now, but I REALLY want to be 100%. I hate the fact that there are NO raw food restaurants or anything around here. I work in a mall, and there is like nothing that I can eat. I like RAW foods, but I am having soo much trouble being able to pack around my own food. I have classes that are 6 hrs long, others are 4 hours long! My food will get smashed in my bag or go bad! I have, however, been eating mostly fruit! I am sorta heading more down the road of a fruitarian, despite the negative things lots of raw foodist say about it. I just want what I feel my body craves, so that's what I have been eating. I also had coconut water the other night, raw, and it was the most horrible tasting thing ever! It was a mature coconut, but still gross! I won't be doing that again! Anyone have any thoughts on eating only fruit? I like it, and have read that you can get all of the nutrients you need, plus, your teeth do not rot if you brush them!(who woulda thought? winking smiley j/k )

Date: April 13, 2007 04:48AM

hey there hun.....well good for you all you can do is give them info and hope for support you may be surprised after they learn more...my daddy and 1 of my 2 brothers are the most stubborn bull headed people in the world and always think they are right...(well both brothers are like that but the one is always open to my new ideas in life haha) but the other two (bro and dad) always think i am on some wacky new thing...and they were both here visiting when i went raw and laughed and thought it was silly...but i explained it to them and let them read about it and told them all the good things and they are both supportive....they both ask how i am doing and inquire...which i was suprised cuz i thougth oh they think this is just a crazy phase...but hmm it worked out soi have hope for you hun!!!
hmm fruitarian i think is awesome...and just the other day i posted ont he main forum...stating the only reason keeping me from being a fruitarian is my diabetes...i have type 1 and still take insulin every day....so still my blood sugars raise with fruit...and since i don't want to take more insulin and more shots since that has reduced since raw...i wanted some opinions on how to go about it and what not...so far they (the long term fruitys) have said stick with just raw mostly veggies until i get my blood sugar stable with little to no insulin then slowly incorporate more fruits...so now i am incorporating them sometimes a lot...but still doing a lot of the non sweet fruits like tomato cucumbers avo you know the stuff like that...all the non sweet is what i try to eat with dark leafy greens and that is about it...so i am def for it ...i think it is amazing and awesome if you want to do it go for it...i hope to be doing that sometime in my near future!!!
oh and info on the coconut...you should be using young coconuts only cuz the mature ones aren't something i don't remember what haha...but they don't reccomend you eat them or drink their juice...but i will tell you that when i first went raw i HATED coconuts the young ones...wanted to be sick from them...haha they were the grosses things i had ever tasted..the water YUCKO....but after like a month i think on raw...i bought them again and I LOVED THEM....once you are on 100% raw for a while your taste changes and you learn to love things you thought weren't so hot haha...so after you get into it more try them again don't give up on it!!!
well have a great day....buy a tin box to put your fruits and veggies in for lunch for school!! you can do it..it takes extra work to be raw and be in school and work...but you can do i believe in you!! yay you and your raw journey
keep it up
sorry i posted so much in your diary haha trying to help ya
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:05AM

so Dani,what do u eat when u eat raw chocolate? how do u prepare it or does the stuff come in a bar u can eat like a candy bar?my advice is"be proud of the knowledge u have learned by delving into raw foodism." be proud you are in a postion to learn alot about health.others can choose what they want and so can u.if u go out to eat-u can get fresh fruit or a salad.its the same thing-if u don't drink and everyone else does...u don't want to-people poo-poo u...but who cares.as long as u are doing what u want.right?if i talk to people about weight loss and going to raw foods...they are very fascinated. i was talking to my grandsons teacher the other day and we got into a very in delth talk about raw foodism.she wants to do this.i told the hairdresser and they were totally fascinated and i told the lady at the 2nd hand store where i was buying smaller clothes and she was asking me tons of questions about this subject.so enjoy what u choose and what u wish to eat.its ok.i am thinking of being a fruititarian myself soon. hugs and stand tall.it is a way for people to learn about health and if u are an example-they maybe will learn a way for better health.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: April 13, 2007 05:11AM

hey there see we are all open on the diary forum...personally i think sometimes you get harsher responses from the main forum from some strict strict stick to their own ways eveyrone else's are wrong people and puts in you in a sad place literally sad and sometimes S.A.D with cooked from bad feelings!! so good luck and keep it up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxox
Taylor you are looking into fruitarian that is awesome!!

Date: April 16, 2007 12:22AM

dani bani!! haha sorry lol just couldn't help it....dani is sucha darling name...one of the little girls i watch has that name and i love it so cute and sporty!!!! well i was just writing to check in on you and see how everything was going for you!! i am sure all is well and you are out enjoying the beautiful weeknd!!
take care and hope to hear from you soon!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 05:26AM

hey there chekcing in on you...haven't heard from you ina while....how are things going??? hope things are well..remember no matter what raw or cooked i am here for you for support and to help you out!!! let me know how things are going!! take care you!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:15AM

hey just wanted to say hi and see how things were going with your life and raw and your family...hope all is well hun!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables