Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

feeling sad
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 07, 2007 02:58AM

ive been doing this on and off for months, its tiring and disheartening, i start off with a bunch of energy and positivity and will last maybe a week and a half 100% raw and then i start to get really bad cravings, the rest of my fam eats SAD and the stuff is everywhere, and everytime i lie to myself!!! im always like ill jst hav one thing, ittl b fine, it wont hurt nething,, and then i cant stop and i totally fall off track, then three or four days later im at the same place, wat do i do!!!!! ahhhhh!! i dont think i can handle cooked food, i just absolutely cant control myself :[ also around the week and a half point i start to get all negative and depressed idk wat to do i dont wunna keep going in this stupid cycle, its sooo stupid!! does neone hav ne advice? this is so hard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: feeling sad
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 07, 2007 03:07AM

it is SO HARD

I've been transitioning for 2 years now - vicious cycle!
don't be so hard on yourself...read my journal see my struggle

you don't have to be 100%

I am on day 12 of a juice feast - I will go to 40...HOPEFULLY!

Then I plan on eating raw AND cooked (veggies - broccoli/yam/peas/chickpeas)

I am trying to end my addiction to flour!!

I am a flour/sugar junkie!!

Start slow....Ihave a family I cook for!
I KNOW! the temptation!

Date: April 07, 2007 03:11AM

thankyou :] im trying 2 start slow its just i always get out of control, where is your journal?

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 07, 2007 04:30AM

hey there....tkae care you are doing well....what happened why you start a new journal hun?
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 07, 2007 12:15PM

it's right in this forum...look for my name...

BLOATED...tht's the one

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 07, 2007 06:24PM

I'm in the same boat as you! I've been having a great 5 days of being raw and not slipping and I want to continue like this but...for the past couple months I've been in that same cycle. I live with a SAD eater and I work at a cafe with ice cream, it's intolerable! Work is actually not as bad as being at home where there's usually a cake or some junk on the counter and all the time in the world to stare at it. Ayeyeye..
Yeah yesterday I felt so so so depressed. Keep going though and stay stonger because if you feel stongly about being raw, you know you'll be so glad you pushed through these hard times. I support you! If you need to vent I'll listen, I'm going through the same thing. (raised smoothie) To your health and happiness fuzzy sox

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 07, 2007 06:39PM

Just take it one day at a time. If you need to take it one hour at a time, "I will not eat cooked food this hour, but fruit instead." Sometimes I have to do that. I'm a nut junky right now. I eat way too much fat.

I'm at the end of my third year and still in transision. It takes time. It OK if you eat something cooked once in a while. I still do. You can read my diary and see that I ate matza ball soup this week for passover. Loved it, but I had to fast the headache away.

Take care and don't loose heart. We're here for you.

Mona

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Date: April 07, 2007 11:24PM

thanks you guys it makes me feel much better :] so tomorrow im gunna try and get bak on track and fast im not hungry, im just eating bc alot of stuff, grrr i gained 5 friggin pounds!! so ya this is hard but ive gotta do it at least ill hav support now at my week and a half mark :]

Date: April 08, 2007 03:12AM

hey there hun.....sorry you are stil having it rough...ubt you can do it and know we are all here to help you out...just look how many people posted to let you know we are here to support yoU!!! it is a tough thing but so rewarding...keep up your awesome work and feel free to email me anytime....i left you a private message so be sure to check that out!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 09, 2007 03:02AM

fuzzysox you are awesome to eat raw while living amongst sad-eaters.

I hope you can find a space for yourself away from it, whenever you need it.

Remember that any raw is good so whatever effort you make is a win.

Cheers, Anne

Date: April 09, 2007 03:19PM

thankyou anne i guess i just with i had more positivity u kno,, there isnt really nespace i hav away frum it but wen i finally get out of here yah ill keep myself far away frum the stuff haha, cant waiit!!!!
thanyou earthangel 4 the message i left u one 2 :] hope 2day was a good day 4 u guys

Date: April 10, 2007 05:17AM

hey there hun...welll don't worry about the cooked...but for future reference there is a vegan menu for pf changs and some things can be eaten raw as well...so always check up or ask them and most all of there stuff is healthy...and there isn't msg in any of there foods...they are actually a healthier place :0 so that should make you feel better!! hmm yeah i am 100% raw yay me!!! i love itand it makes me feel good and i stick with it pretty well i have had 2 slips ups and even then i only ate like a vegan burger since january 24th when i started raw!!!
well have a wonderful day!! hope all is well
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 10, 2007 04:44PM

thats awsome earthangel!! omg im so proud of u!!! i wish i could b that strong! o yah that does make me feel better about the pf changs thing but i still got sick frum sumthin lol:p prolly cuz it was cooked, o well but im bak on raw so thats kool,, how are u??

Date: April 11, 2007 01:45AM

hey there glad i could make you feel better...yeah you still got sick so that's no fun but it is just a meal and just a day...like i said to noff don't dwell on the past...think about all the new things about to happen for you in the future!!! yay you for going back to raw today...that is awesome.....keep up the good work! take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 08:45AM

hey fuzzysox

don't feel sad
feel GLAD!
ha ha... its cool that u are doing your best
and that you are on an utterly spectacular path

i'm happy for you!
don't worry about making "mistakes'
that word is non existant as far as i am concerned

every thing that u do is relative to how your inner state is
and the inner state is always a transformation
no one else can see it but you

don't judge yourself
that is a deterrent

always treat yourself with HIGHEST respect
and make SURE to ACKNOWLEDGE
EVERY improvement you make

not only on the "food" plane
but on the mental , emotional, attitudinal, spiritual plane

so we can cheer you on further !

go go GOOO
fuzzy sox ( cool name)

i think of a pair of green sox with emerald lime pretty moss growing on it

would be fun to have a pair like that
heee heee

i would wear them instead of shoes

i hate shoes smiling smiley

Date: April 11, 2007 01:59PM

hehehehe i hate shoes 2, id wear those sox :p thanks la_veronique;]
thankies earthangel ya im on raw again im tryin 2 stay with it hopefullyi do, blah :p

Date: April 12, 2007 04:40AM

hey there...yay you!!! keep up the good work.....lv glad to see you posting some encouragement for fuzzy sox cuz you always know how to pick a spirit up!!!!
take care both of you and have a fabulous day!!!!
hey fuzzy how was your day today??? how was the raw and everything?? well i hope all was well i was thinking of you!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables