Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw teenage girl
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: April 07, 2007 06:47AM

Hello. I'm 16, I was raw for about 7 months until I was hospitalized for a drug overdose, forced to eat cooked foods, and put on medication. I've since recovered and I recently went 100% raw (April 2nd). This will be my diary, I guess, or one of them.

I've started to detoxify. I break out in hives & itch all over my arms for some reason; I guess it's the toxins filtering out. Anyone else experience this?

Another thing; I get aura (a visual side effect of migraines, but it's not painful at all) and I was wondering if anyone else has this and/or knows if or what certain raw foods alleviate it? I see sparks/noise in my vision and it's pretty irritating.

<3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw teenage girl
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 07, 2007 03:32PM

hi wow ive never heard of that b4, that sucks that u had 2b hospitalized,, u were raw for 7 months thats amazin! how raw were u?

Date: April 07, 2007 05:12PM

in the earlier part of the year all i ate were green apples, melon, berries, pineapple, oranges, red peppers, and absolutely no fats or seeds such as avocados, coconuts, any sort of nuts or durian. if i ate condiments it was mustard or hot sauce.

then over the summer i ate almost exclusively melons and berries and cherry tomatoes. in the fall i had a lot of apples, salad, and i started to include uncooked tofu in my diet. the condiments that i continued to use at that point were apple cider vinegar, occasional splenda in my black coffee, and sometimes mustard.

now i'm pretty much doing the same thing.

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 07, 2007 06:16PM

hello rawfrancois
I think it's wonderful that you were raw for 7 months, I'm trying to get there myself, todays my fifth day. My viion has been changing for the last couple months and I've experienced seeing sparks and aura maybe everyday. I have no idea what that's about! I stopped wearing contacts because they are so uncomfortable for me but it hasn't really changed anything. Not realated to haedaches so I guess I'm not much help about that. You're not alone though. Yeah I wish that hospitals served health promoting food, it's so backwards to be giving recovering patients jello, ham and gravy! Welcome to your second chance at health! Here's some food to do more harm thann good! yay! haha. So how's your week going?

Date: April 07, 2007 08:54PM

When I was really into raw food, I think my vision was a lot better than it is now as a result of eating cooked for a period of time. I only recently found out that aura is associated with your neurology rather than your eyes - something I wish I'd found out long ago, but I'm very pleased to know now! I'm going to my homeopath in a week or so and I'm going to take whatever he prescribes me for it.

My week's going very well, I've lost 8 lbs since I started eating raw on the 2nd. Yay!

While I was in the hospital I requested tofu and nuts and ate lots of oranges and bananas, although they forced me to eat "regular" food. Oh, well.

Date: April 07, 2007 09:04PM

Also, research on aura is so tiring and unhelpful. Every site I've gone to lists the same sort of things and none of it is at all relative. I don't get migraines, either. It's really depressing to look it up on Google because it says it's related to anxiety and depression, which I have suffered both of in relation to this stupid affliction. Now I'm not worried anymore because I found out it has nothing to do with my eyes. I think it can be alleviated. I never had migraines aside from one incident when I was like 8 years old during Thanksgiving; I had a flu and migraines.

But regardless, I want to beat this with raw foods and I think I can. I can say I definitely noticed more floaters in my vision after eating cooked food which leads me to say that yes, cooked food IS poison. And I should stop smoking cigarettes, hahaha. Maybe this will be my incentive...

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 08, 2007 03:07AM

hey there....welcome back to raw and to your healthy raw journey.....good luck with things...sounds like ou have a lot of tough things going on with your vision sorry to hear that...but hopefully you will cure it with raw!!! hmm yeah cigarettes are bad for you no matter raw or not...so is coffee and splenda smiling smiley that splenda is awful full of toxins and chemicals....you are better off using some raw sugar or the best would be agave or some other form of raw sweetner like stevia!!! cuz that splenda is really bad...puts lots of toxins and chemicals in your body...just as bad as other processed foods......
hmm good luck...tofu isn't good for you either they say because it is soy and soy isn't recommended because it causes the same symptoms and problems as dairy...lots of mucus and coats your system...so maybe cut that out to to help detox and get your body healthier~!!
good luck take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 08, 2007 05:43AM

wow eight lbs, good for you! That's a bit sarcastic...heh I haven't lost any and it's been five days...I think I should at least feel lighter which I don't. There's nothing I can do but keep this up I know, I'm bad with consistency so this is a real test. So what do you know about aura? I'd love to hear what you know about it. The only thing that comes to mind is pondering what color mine is when I was little, or cheesey online explanations of it. Ya, I'm sure that if stay raw, your body will make it easier to quit smoking since you'll be more sensitive to it. Or whatever, I have no idea.

Date: April 08, 2007 04:19PM

I had just half a cigarette yesterday, go me. I also sprouted some almonds for the first time.

I don't eat tofu anymore, and I'm going to try and quit the coffee/splenda habit. I don't have it regularly, only about once or twice a week. I only recently found out that soy can cause mucous build up! Gross. No more for me.

As for aura, I was relieved to finally do some research on it. It's a neurological problem associated with migraines and can also surface after taking LSD (I worry about my friends! Haha!). Supposedly there's a list of foods that can irritate it (fruit and avocados were included, which leads me to believe that the list is bullshit). My aura consists of tiny sparks throughout my vision. It's actually starting to get better, surprisingly. As I said earlier, I'm going to find out what my homeopath reccomends for it.

My weight plateaued today but my stomach seems flatter. Yay.

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: April 08, 2007 05:22PM

francois -
the same thing happened to me about going into the hospital after being raw. I had been frutarian/raw for about a month or two and was having a healing crisis -- it was very bad though and I had a high fever and a pelvic infection so my doctor admitted me to the ER and they put me on glucose drip and antibiotics [dammit!]. When I told them what I'd been eating they all looked at me like I had six heads - b/c I was eating so much raw fiber with known colitis [IBS] - they didn't beleive me that it made me feel better ... so they had a nutritionist visit me. Suprisingly, the nutritionist was the only one who didn't make me feel crazy and said that a raw vegan diet was probably fine as long as I watched certain vitamins. That made me feel better and they did give me salad and fruit wchic I requested [but forgot to take of the cheese from the salad] but made me eat oatmeal and bread ...
anyway, that was a long story.
After that I lost my hope for raw food a little .. but I went vegan and with homeopathy [isn't it amazing?] and acupuncture improved my health significantly. I am now back to raw food for about a month now. I still drink tea and occasionally coffee and eat my favorite: popcorn.
OK that was a lot about me... suffice to say, I sympathize with you!! I haven't seen a Western allopathic doctor for 16 months and feel healthier than ever!!
keep on truckin' and listen to your own body!

Date: April 12, 2007 05:57AM

hey there girlie how are you???i hope you are doing well...take care and keep us posted on your awesome raw journey!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 15, 2007 03:30PM

Everything's going well. I've lost about 12 lbs since starting 100% raw a week ago. I just went to my homeopath and he gave me Nux-something and sulphur, because I have a cold. I guess this is detox? I feel like absolute @#$%&. Oh, well, I hope it goes away soon..

Date: April 15, 2007 10:01PM

hi there...yeah sounds like detox...hmm they don't recommed you take anything to help the detox symptoms so your body can get rid of it and get it out of your system...but good lukc...
i hope you feel better soon!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables