Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 24, 2007 08:47PM

hey mia...yes i had to be detoxing ad it was great to know what to do with that tahini i have laying in my fridge haha...that and almond butter i bought in case i needed it and the almond butter tastes like almonds do to me...like Body odor haha..they have a horrid taste to me lol...but that tahini hit the spot...
i se you are doing much better that is sooooo awesome...i am soo happy for ya and proud you got through it and are going strong alomst a month yay you!!!!!

hmm that goji manna stuff is it hard or a mix or what?? i know i bought some raw cacao beans and have been putting them in shakes well last night and this morning...it really gets things MOVING ON OUT haha...and my nose is running something terrible....so i am thinking these cacao beans are moving it out....which is good
well take care hun and have a great day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo
yay for getting all your gardening and staining done!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 24, 2007 09:10PM

The raw cacao did it to me too...hehe.

The goji manna is like a spread (think Nutella) with coconut oil/butter, agave, goji, and pure unrefined DECADENCE. I bought a chocolate manna for the hubby. They both taste like jars of fudge.

I realised I cannot live without the tahina in a pinch.

Today I was able to do my least amount (thus far) of nut products. I look slimmer and wish I were already like those glowy critters who post their pics up on this board.

rawfrancois' new pic is ALL EYES and glowy skin. Amazing how u can tell the long time raw people, huh?

I don't think cacao is bad for people, honestly...unless certain types have reactions (which people can be allergic to ANYTHING).

MY BIG BIG PROBLEM is that suddenly my period is back full force with red, red blood. I wonder if that is normal for the first time. I can still do things, but was really tired last night.

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 09:23PM

@4:45 2 young stalks of garlic flowers that were growing seductively in my garden. The purple flower buds were not yet open. Gorgeous.

transitioning is weird. the body does strange things and cravings are even stranger.

Though I have no desire for cooked, I find myself concentrating more on the TYPES of things (fats, etc) that I'm craving.

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 09:23PM

oh had a banana at 3:30 too

Mia

Date: April 24, 2007 10:31PM

@5:45 SUPER CACAO SHAKE

all this chocolate talk made me finally cave into a lucious choco shake.

now I paint...

Mia

Date: April 25, 2007 01:37AM

@9:30 goji manna after a night of painting; grapes; water

Mia

Date: April 25, 2007 03:13AM

hey there yay for you!!!! you did awesome again today....don't worry rawfrancois hasn't been at it very long so you will soon be like that too..you probably already are and don't know it...like she doesn't think she is doing great either but she is....she has only been at like a month i think....
hmm your period is a detox symptom i have heard as well...maybe that is your bodies way of detoxing and getting rid of toxins right now.....so it is okay...like most people who are compltely raw don't get their period anymore but are still ovulating which is the difference between people who are starving that don't get their periods...because they don't ovulate...but raw foodies still do...but aren't bleeding cuz they don't have those toxins...so think of it as a good thing...
i stopped having mine this month and last...but i might get it i doubt it will keep skipping i haven't been raw too long for that you knwo?
well take care of yoursel
love earth angelx
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 03:48AM

LOL, you are too kind. Rawfrancois has the bloom of youth on her side as well!

I just slurped down some watermelon. I've been eating much lighter this week. I cannot believe it. Everyone in the house is craving about the same stuff.

This week it is watermelon and grapes.

My arms are sooo sore from painting tonight. I may get the house done in time after all (knock wood). I even spent a few hours outside gardening. The energy I am getting is so miraculous.

My periods really bother me. Each month they get worse. This month has been easier in some aspects and bad in others. I think total lack of menses would drive me insane. I would be constantly paranoid that I was preggers.

It is going to take many months to get down to that size I want. I am happy just having some energy back. It is very interesting to watch the hubby deflate so quickly.

I noticed my skin has been looking a bit haggard in the last week. I think it may be a detox symptom as well. I've gotten undereye circles back and all that.

Mia

Date: April 25, 2007 06:23AM

hmm the under eye circles can be excess fat in your diet as welli heard..there was a blog on it on the main forum you might want to check it out.....
well you are doing good and i wish you luck....yay i love watermelon...that is yummy...it is on sale right now at our local health food place for 4 lbs for a dollar which makes it like a few bucks!!! yay i can't wait to shop tomorrow!!!
well take care of yourself...
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

DAY 29 RAW
Date: April 25, 2007 12:12PM

Lost two lbs in last 2 weeks, which is fine with me considering I have been extremely menstrual. My tally, roughly, is @14-15 lbs this month.

I mean, how many people can eat ALL THEY WANT and lose this much weight in a month? I lost the most in the first two weeks (water weight, etc), but this last 2 lbs makes me extremely happy.

Mia

Date: April 25, 2007 03:44PM

@11:45 SUPER CACAO SHAKE

Needed some powerfood, since I am going to Niles with my dad to antique stores.

Mia

Date: April 25, 2007 06:23PM

yeah i love niles and the antique stores!!! sounds like fun..have fun and pick some good stuff out!!!
yay for the cacao shake!!! yum yum
have a great day and take care have fun in niles!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 12:22AM

OMG I was STARVING today after getting back from Niles. It was 4 before I could get some carrots/grapes in and then at 8 was able to eat A HUGE DINNER.

I've eaten more tonight then I have in eons. I felt good though. It was REALLLLLY HUNGER and not just cravings.

@4 grapes/carrots

@8 sushi with cauliflower, avocado, green onion, broccoli sprouts, wasabi, shoyu

Mia

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:42AM

hey mia! i'm fairly new to raw food and so i'm also new to your journal. but i just want to say that you are doing an AMAZING JOB!!!! you seem to have awesome suggestions. i definitely plan on mimicking some of your eating habits!!! everyone raves about tahini. i need to get some.

also, a couple posts ago you said

"I mean, how many people can eat ALL THEY WANT and lose this much weight in a month? I lost the most in the first two weeks (water weight, etc), but this last 2 lbs makes me extremely happy."

and ooooh girl, that gives me hope. like you said earlier, weight=health. and i've struggled with both for a long time. i'm really hoping that raw is the solution...and the lifestyle. so you're a huge encouragement.

i'll keep checking your diary. hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. can't wait to read about it smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2007 03:44AM

hey Mia yay you for doing so well today!!! keep up the good work...you are doing fantastic!!! iam sooo happy for you...yay for a big yummy satisfying dinner!!! that is awesome...how was niles?? did you get anything fun...
well take care hun talk to you soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
p.s. how is your hubby doing and your boys?? hope all is well
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 03:46AM

hey thinkingraw!

I am shrinking faster than losing weight...which is amazing to me. I can fit clothes I've not worn in a looong time. I feel better than I have in YEARS.

This evening my cousin, who I haven't seen in over a week came by. We really hadn't much time to talk when I saw her last because of a funeral...she and I have ALWAYS been about the same size. Tonight, she mentioned that I was so tiny!

She also brought over a friend I hadn't seen in a decade. When our friend saw me, she exclaimed "OMG, you are EXACTLY the same tiny thing I remembered!"

Lemme say now, I am NOT TINY...haven't been in eons. However, SOMETHING must be happening for them to say this.

Needless to say, I am extremely happy.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 03:48AM

earthangel

it was sooo dead in niles. I can't believe how empty the antique malls were. my dad says they've been that way since the gas prices went sky high.

I bought this 40s couture dress and some kitchy coasters...nothing spectacular, but it was fun looking.

Kid lost another pound and he is sooo happy.

Hope u are good too!

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 03:54AM

hey there...ooh how nice..i bet it was fun....i remember those times with my gram.....hmm exciting....
aww how exciting for the son smiling smiley i bet he is sooo excited..
i am okay haha ate some cooked vegan burgers (plural haha )
take care
love eartha ngel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 04:17AM

oooh cooked? Are you feeling off since eating them?

I haven't had anything truly cooked (maybe some sneakily cooked or pasturized, but nothing overt) in a month now. I cannot even SMELL cooked things anymore without getting queasy (though I admit, first reaction at cooked smells is to drool. Second, when I see it, is to get kinda ill)

I overate the norimaki sushi tonight and feel bloated/gassy as a result. That, for me, is annoying. I hate to eat something then have to hide away like a stinky old dog in a corner til it stops upsetting my tummy.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 06:42AM

hey there...well i haven't eaten cooked in a few months haha...so it was weird for me...my stomach is pretty tough so it didn't do anything bad to me like cause major cramps or discomfort...i had that full feeling but it is gone now lol.....thanks for checking in on me though......
good luck wit your bloaty belly from all that sushi!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 01:53PM

That, for me, is annoying. I hate to eat something then have to hide away like a stinky old dog in a corner til it stops upsetting my tummy.

mia, that was hilarious. i seriously wanted to laugh out loud (but i'm at the library!). i know just the feeling. I have always had digestive problems...my belly just grumbles and grumbles and growls and i get gassy soooo easily. i think i'm allergic to cooked food tongue sticking out smiley maybe if i tell myself that i'll start doing better.

i'm excited about your 40s couture dress! i love vintage stuff...oh i want to go shopping. but really shouldn't. bah.

i hope you're having a lovely day! a lovely and tiny day smiling smiley talk to you soon

Date: April 26, 2007 03:14PM

@10:30 I HAD cacao shake and a nervous breakdown.

my business partner is being a beast. I have been in tears all morning.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 07:56PM

@3:45 6 dates FRESH FROM DATE FARM IN THERMAL, CA! Came in mail just now! yay and yummmm! Handful of grapes (red and green). Nicely offset the caramel-like sweetness of those dates.

I am SO inspired by the 80/10/10 peeps. I am veering towards more fruit/less combos, so I am going to try to load up more on the fruits.

Those dates were AMAZING. I couldn't believe how good they were!

They were better than the ones I used to throw rocks at as a kid in Israel. I'd throw rocks into the date palms and hope the fruit would drop. It was like a tree pinata. LOL

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 08:15PM

hey there too funny about the tree pinata!!! hmm you make those dates sound so yummy i might need to try them...that is one thing i haven't tried out yet..maybe i need to haha........hmm sorrry about your business partner that is hard...and i am sure the emotions that come up with raw detox isn't helping any either!!
so good luck hun and i am here for ya
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 08:23PM

Yeah, detox for sure. I am shedding ego. Been meditating off and on through the day to get through it.

I have been SO EMOTIONAL these last days.

Also, my period is at day 6 and I am still bleeding intermittant/copious amounts of BRIGHT RED. It is starting to worry me, actually.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 08:31PM

hmm hang in there gal...call the dr if you want...they might try to give you some pills haha...but look for a naturopathic dr..i know there are some out there in indiana i am not sure of michigan but you are so close smiling smiley.....hmm take care of yourself hun
have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 10:25PM

ok, seems to be getting browner. Whew!

You MUST TRY the dates since u are in Cali already. If you like caramels, you will love these.

Mia

Date: April 26, 2007 11:22PM

@7:15 Banana/Mango/Date/sesame/pecan shake

GOTTA FINISH PAINTING NOW

Mia

Date: April 27, 2007 03:00AM

@10:45 4 dates, 1 avo

I was so naughty. I needed some comfort food and those dates/avos looked so good.

I am extremely proud that I stayed away from the nutbutters for once. I am trying to wean myself from overt fats that come from olives and nuts. I want to eat a more fruit based diet for the next 30 days.

That's my new goal...sticking to fruit.

Mia

Date: April 27, 2007 04:54AM

heyt here...yay mia for doing so good today!! and yay for having some awesome goals!! that is a good one fruit is soo healthy and good for your body!!! good luck hun..you can do it
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables