Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 8
day 31
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:49PM

@10:15 bunch of black grapes; 4 fresh dates

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Intro and Record Keeping newbie 2 weeks into raw diary.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 27, 2007 06:06PM

smiling smiley hmm yay black grapes are yummy!!! keep it up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 09:42PM

@5:15 super cacao shake

@5:30 sprout salad with avocado, lemon, grape tomatoes, onion

My shipment of 'bacon' flavored avocados came in just now from the farm in California.

They are divine with a smokey, silky finish.

Great for guacamole, I think.

Mia

Date: April 27, 2007 11:49PM

I think if I can steer away from nut fats and transition towards avocado fats, I will be able to gently taper my consumption.

I've been SOOO DANGED TIRED today!

Mia

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 28, 2007 12:55AM

hey mia i feel ya on the nuts thing,,i was forced 2 go off them like 2 weeks ago,, its tough! i had flax tho,, i think it was bc the omegas i needed,, but avos are hard 2 od on,, and i they dont make u feel all bloated ,, i was tired 2 wen i ate nuts ,, good luck you can do it!! soon you wont even really want that much avo,, i used 2 eat 1 1/2 a day,, bbut now i dont even want that i want more fruit,, itll get better i kno u can do it :]

those grapes^^ sound soo good grinning smiley

ive had a bacon flavored tomatoe b4,, actually all of them tasted like bacon,, weird right,, how is that even possible? lol

Date: April 28, 2007 02:44AM

I have NO IDEA how it can taste like bacon...least it doesn't taste like chicken. LOL

I had a banana @10:30 after spending HOURS AND HOURS painting woodwork. My right arm HURTS.

Mia

Date: April 28, 2007 03:55AM

hey mia awesomeness again today for you!! yay mia and her raw journey!!!! you are doing so great...and youa re sure getting in the packages of yummy raw staples....haha i wish my juicer would arrive where is it?? hah oh well i am sure it will be here soon!!!
well take care and keep up the awesome job...you are transitioning and doing so great...dont' stress on the fats too much..

love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 05:45AM

Fats I totally crave...I used to love the fat from beef. *Shudder*

I'm not going to sweat the consumption thing that much. It is just better that I move TOWARDS healthier fats and away from ones that bug me a bit.

I truly want to be healthier. I was pretty impressed at how much less we all have been eating. I feel lighter and less addicted to food. I love how I am feeling more 'in touch' with my body and what it says/needs. My youngest son is SUCH an inspiration. He's been doing this all along.

It is 1 am and my nose is getting stuffy/runny all at once. Detox is happening again, been feeling it all day long.

My gas is less, but came back a bit more when I ate some sprout salad. It was broccoli sprout/radish sprout/clover sprouts, I think. Though I love broccoli, I think I need to cut down on the gas forming veggies. It's embarassing.

My box of dates is almost empty. Everyone has been digging into them. I found a grove on Ebay who is selling 5 lbs for 18 bucks...w/shipping, that is 26.oo and not too bad a price.

I am going to go downstairs now for a bite of goji manna.

Mia

Date: April 28, 2007 06:15AM

hey there...hmm the gas might be more from combining foods that don't combine as opposed to the veggies..you shouldn't be getting much gas anymore from the increase in fiber...hm i will look it up in my books and see what i can find...
enjoy those dates..where on ebay that is a good price...i want to try themn...i have yet to buy any or try them haha i don't think i have ever had a date in my life..(the food)

enjoy your goji hun....

love ya earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 06:49AM

LOL Broccoli is listed as one of the most gas producing veggies. I am living proof--tho' bad food combining I am sooo guilty of!

Dates are the BEST. If you are in Cali, you should be able to get some at localharvest.org for cheap, cheap.

I need to find a coconut grater tool. I think my mom has one in her house somewhere...if it still lives. I remember she used to grate coconuts sitting on this gray stool that had the grater part sticking out when I was a kid (back when you couldn't buy coconut milk in a can in Michigan). If not, I will have to look online for one. I saw a cool one online that was from India and an antique. The hubby wants to make a raw version of those drop cookies made w/peanut butter, coconut, oats, cocoa...I thought I could approximate it with some substitutions and the old dehydrator...might be good for parties/treats for kids. I found out my spirooli somehow migrated to my mother's. I bought it a few years ago and never used it, so I think she took it. I will have to go a-searching.

Ohhh Earthangel!

Found out there is a FARM COOP IN NILES! BERTRAND FARMS! For 150 and like 3 hrs of work per (week? month?) you can get fresh produce all year long (or however long they are growing). I am thinking about joining.

Mia

Date: April 28, 2007 09:39AM

Hey hun....well yes i did read that veggies are gas producing...but i dont remember what book but i will look haha....but when you eat raw veggies it is a lot different with the foods and that you shouldn't be having gas from them when you are raw...i dont know what book but i am determimned to find it haha so you can know what to do about it smiling smiley
the coop in niles sounds like fun!!! hmm i wonder how long of a drive that would be if it is once a month it would be worth it...i don't know about once a week for me haha...hmm...interesting though...also is that 150 every month or every 2 -3 months..i know a lot of coops are every so many months for around 200 so i was wondering...if you know the name of the farm i can look it up and find out so you don't have to worrya bout finding out haha

thanks
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

DAY 32 RAW
Date: April 28, 2007 02:16PM

The coop is 150/year plus 3 hours work per week

today I've had

@10:00 a date, a grape, half papaya

Mia

Posted by: Mikkochan ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:36PM

I think that's a great workout. I need to work out but I haven't.
Where do you buy Senna? Chinese pharmacy or Whole food market?

Date: April 28, 2007 04:57PM

you can get it at whole foods, the senna.

I think we are joining this CSA. It is community farming. I like the idea of working in the fields 3 hrs a week.

Mia

Date: April 28, 2007 05:07PM

@1pm 2 pcs papaya, 1 date, 1 banana

Mia

Date: April 28, 2007 11:50PM

Hey there that is cool...have fun with the coop that is awesome...if i lived closer i would do it too...but that would be a little drive to get to the farm for only 3 hours every week haha....smiling smiley.......you are doing great keep up the good work!!!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 12:02AM

um no time to remember when/what I ate...

think I've had

-1 avo

-banana

-slice of papaya

since the last update. Been super busy.

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 12:28AM

hey there..to save on time and stuf you can just post all your food at once haha?? just a thought...unless you forget then this way is better...but i feel like you are running around then stoping by to say what you just ate and dont have time..just trying to be helpful! take care hun have a great day!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 01:33AM

LOL I have to post right away or I forget!

I spent the beginning part of day painting (now done yay! with diningroom) and the rest of the day getting my high school senior ready for his prom/taking pics of him w/friends and dates...soooo tired. The monkey suits cost an arm and a leg. I think I spend an avg. of 500 bucks per prom this last 2 yrs. I have his graduation coming up as well...ugh!! Sooo busy.

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 02:38AM

kinda folded towards the end of the night...was starving. @10:30 had some radishes, pea pods, broc, carrots w/ a bit of tahina...tore self away from that and made a super tropical cacao shake with coconut milk, cacao, avocado, papaya, mango, banana

talk about fats!

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 04:27AM

I got my senna at asian market. They had tea bag and leaf one and I got leaf one. It was cheaper and I know how to make tea...like a normal asian chic. lol

I see you have been eating papaya a lot. I need to reduce avocado..lol

Date: April 29, 2007 04:52AM

Ive been eating too many avocados too

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 06:44AM

Hey mia...oh i loved prom haha yeah it was my little cousins prom this weekend too she is living with my paretns so my mom had to spend the money on nails and pedicure and hair and stuff haha...hmm wow that is expensive boys' things are more expensive then girls for prom i never knew it lol!!! i didn't pay near that haha...wow ...

hmm that shake sounds yummY!!! i wish i had some coocnuts so i could get the juice and pulp out that sounds sooo yummy right now!!! maybe i will make a shake anyways right now even though i am trying to be really good about food combining lately..but i really want some fruit haha...hmm maybe i will just make lemonade with lemons water and stevia...hmm that is what i will do probablly....haha
well hun take care and have fun!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 04:48PM

So tired and so depressed.

@12:30 had huge Chilean pear. It is quite possibly the most perfect danged pear I've ever eaten.

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 05:08PM

I think it's a temporary thing from the last night. Your skin look great!

Date: April 29, 2007 10:28PM

thank you. It is getting better.

I had some grapes in the mid-after noon. We took younger boys to a kid's museum/shopping...then came home and did the garden.

@6:00 I had a garlic chive flower from my flower bed.

I need to get some food in me. I went to Meijer's and bought a ton of things.

Mia

Date: April 29, 2007 11:47PM

I also did pilates this morning for the first time.

I will be looking for some food in a sec to eat. I am starving.

@7:30 avocado/coconut milk shake, some dried apricots

grated a coconut today and made milk. It is a pain in the ass without my mother's coconut grating stool from the Phillipinnes. However, the result is SO worth it. The stuff in the can is @#$%& compared to this.

Mia

Date: April 30, 2007 01:53AM

earthangel

thanks for letting mikkochan know the vegan rules. She gets really down on herself easily and I want her so badly to be able to do this diet. She's felt bad for a while and isn't happy about her weight/health. I just dont want people who are hard core vegans making her feel badly for eating sashimi (not you). She is such a lovely person.

@10 pm small papaya, small mango, swig of coconut milk

Mia

Date: April 30, 2007 02:17AM

Hey mia thanks for posting that to me because i just checked her journal and am so upset i was in tears because i thought you were all talking about me mentioning it..i was just lettig her know so that she wasn't attacked or harrased and didn't feel bad about it cuz so many are when they first start and post in the main forum...and since it is vegan they instantly stop that persons posts....so i was warning her...but then i got to her journal and felt like everything i said was taken wrong and she was mad at me...i am in tears because in no way would i EVER want to harm sometimes emotional state on their eating habits..i have been judged my whole life since i was only 2 years old and it really hurts me...i mean not many would actually cry over seeing the replies back to me on her journal they would shrug it off but i didn't want her to take it like that...i posted to her and told her i would not post in her journal so that she wasn't upset anymore or hurt...but i HONESTLy didn't mean it like that i was trying to prevent this....i can tell she is sensitive and so i wanted to help her......

well anyways take care hun and have a wonderful day!!!! you are diong so fantastic with everything..i need to get a coconut haha i forgot when i went out to get my khale today smiling smiley...oh the iron my body must need i have ate som many greens this week smiling smiley

love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 03:16AM

oh honey...you and mikkochan are very similar. You are both sensitive in the very same way. I was so very worried that she would get depressed over the 'vegan anti-animal eating/plants have feelings' posts. She takes it personally, too.

I wasn't reprimanding you at all. Your post was a kind warning and we both knew that.

sigh.

Oh, well. Hope others aren't too mad at me. I just worry about her.

Mia

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables